Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2018 12:13 PM
Jun 2014
I just can't stand this. Narumi keeps blabbering on about how Nifuji is not attractive and he's not really her type while oogling other guys. What the fuck is this? They haven't even been together for long. I'd dump her ass in a second if i was him and found out my gf was talking like that about me. Disrespectful to a pretty severe degree.
Aug 17, 2018 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
the anime was pretty garbage in general

nothing really happens, slow , boring, meh. Average cus of art and cus it's somewhat realistic but that's about it. Their relationship was pretty shallow both the way it was portrayed and the way she treated him for the most part
lots of music -
Aug 29, 2018 2:04 PM
Jun 2014
incisorr said:
the anime was pretty garbage in general

nothing really happens, slow , boring, meh. Average cus of art and cus it's somewhat realistic but that's about it. Their relationship was pretty shallow both the way it was portrayed and the way she treated him for the most part

The only thing i'd see as realistic is girls talking about guys. But a gf talking that kind of crap about her bf is a no go. Same the other way around of course. If you don't like your partner, get out of the relationship cause it won't last the distance.
Apr 4, 2019 9:20 PM

Aug 2017
Yeah but she's a better catch than he is. He can't get other girls but she can get other guys. So it's up to him to increase his game, charm and appeal.

He has to man up and call her out on her comments.
Apr 5, 2019 6:20 AM
Jun 2014
TrumpMD said:
Yeah but she's a better catch than he is. He can't get other girls but she can get other guys. So it's up to him to increase his game, charm and appeal.

I'm sure she said that he's not her type. There is not much you can do about that. Changing yourself to fit your gf's particular tastes is pathetic. If it was me deciding then he would break up and find a proper girlfriend. A girlfriend who would say she likes you for who you are, but that should be a given in a relationship. Well, it actually is a requirement.
Apr 5, 2019 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
Well it's pretty realistic in the aspect that some guys will change their selves for a girl, is it right? Nah, why even date if your girl doesn't accept you fully? (I mean if it's negative aspects it's fine but for stuff like "oh you're not as attractive as he is" yada yada yada, just meh one of the aspects of this romcom I didn't care for) the side couple had a more better relationship than these two even if it was constant bickering, man this anime doesn't even show a healthy adult romantic relationship +F

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 5, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
this is a garbage boring romance story
i don't understand why people like this show tbh

i dropped it after 4 eps , the side couple is even worse with their bullshit constant bickering
Apr 5, 2019 6:56 AM
Jun 2014
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Well it's pretty realistic in the aspect that some guys will change their selves for a girl, is it right? Nah, why even date if your girl doesn't accept you fully? (I mean if it's negative aspects it's fine but for stuff like "oh you're not as attractive as he is" yada yada yada, just meh one of the aspects of this romcom I didn't care for) the side couple had a more better relationship than these two even if it was constant bickering, man this anime doesn't even show a healthy adult romantic relationship +F

Well, naturally people are different and compromises have to be made. This is only natural. But changing themselves fully is not the way to go about a healthy relationship.

Ohh and the shitty gf said that she didn't find him attractive.. Which means at all attractive. Again, worst gf ever. Not the type of romance anime i find enjoyable.
StormenApr 5, 2019 6:59 AM
Jun 5, 2019 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
Stormen said:
I just can't stand this. Narumi keeps blabbering on about how Nifuji is not attractive and he's not really her type while oogling other guys. What the fuck is this? They haven't even been together for long. I'd dump her ass in a second if i was him and found out my gf was talking like that about me. Disrespectful to a pretty severe degree.

she i just in denial of her own feelings + when it comes to types it shows u can even fall for some1 whos not ur type

EDIT:
re-watched (9 episodes so far) it in one EP she said hes face is not my type so she always meant appearance, but even to that i say its just denial of her feelings
Sugram22Jul 30, 2021 9:44 AM
Jun 25, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
Sugram22 said:
Stormen said:

she i just in denial of her own feelings + when it comes to types it shows u can even fall for some1 whos not ur type

yep you are right...

when you are constantly in presence of some people and you dont "fight" them you'r brain will automatically make them more likeable to you.

just the way it is...
there is a high chance that the person you would love won't be that hot chick you want from first glance.
and just a partner in you'r work or something that you had enough interaction to realize you like that person , because of their personality and jsut because you accepted their look overall.
Jun 25, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
tragedydesu said:
this is a garbage boring romance story
i don't understand why people like this show tbh

i dropped it after 4 eps , the side couple is even worse with their bullshit constant bickering

yep i would agree it is boring and garbage i was about to give it 6/10
but i liked the ending last 2 episodes was quite nice, (the side characters).
so i raised my score.

but overally as a romance its bad.
as a comedy, its neither good or bade.
Jul 5, 2019 12:57 AM

Oct 2014
Narumi iss a thot.
Jul 9, 2019 8:49 AM
Dec 2013
Exactly, she doesn't respect Hirotaka at all. Moreover, pretty pathetic of her to hide her interests while dating. Hirotaka suffered for year alone and now he bows his head and dates the girl just because she couldn't find a proper partner. Hirotaka just feels like her "Plan B"
Aug 20, 2019 8:47 AM
Jan 2018
its a slow relationship , she still sore him as her childhood friend its clear through out that she wants to actually date him
Nov 3, 2019 2:01 PM

Jun 2007
just finished watching the first episode and was like - what the f......... glad this thread exists
girl: i don't find you attractive, otakus are gross
guy: i can be very useful for you
girl: oh right, great, i can use you, lets date!

ew
i think i'm gonna drop this bs
see you, space cowperson . . .
May 7, 2020 10:51 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
The other couple is way more enjoyable imo. And the greenhaired girl is hot.

All the yaoi and fujoshi shit is annoying as hell though..
May 22, 2020 9:35 AM

Jul 2019
heh ive seen worse. atleast she doesnt keep saying the opposite of what she actually feels like those typical harem tsundere cuz their high ass ego. she keep saying the other dude is more of his type but we all know thats horseshit she clearly likes hirotaka, thats about it. this is the perfect show for people whos at the stage where you are sick of those cliche overly dramatic romance shows.
Jul 19, 2020 6:31 PM

Sep 2013
you don't get what she's trying to say.

she's not asking him to change into her ideal guy nor is she saying that she doesn't love him.

all 4 of them aren't with their ideal/type of partner. momose's ideal man is the wild guy like kabakura, hirotaka's ideal woman is big breasted woman like koyanagi, kabakura likes the cute and adorable underclassman type like momose, and koyanagi likes the hot "prince" bishoujo man like hirotaka.

the theme of the lovestory is that they're not their ideal partners, but they still love their respective partners regardless.
death604Jul 19, 2020 8:35 PM
Nov 20, 2020 7:50 PM
Jun 2014
death604 said:

she's not asking him to change into her ideal guy nor is she saying that she doesn't love him.

all 4 of them aren't with their ideal/type of partner. momose's ideal man is the wild guy like kabakura, hirotaka's ideal woman is big breasted woman like koyanagi, kabakura likes the cute and adorable underclassman type like momose, and koyanagi likes the hot "prince" bishoujo man like hirotaka.

the theme of the lovestory is that they're not their ideal partners, but they still love their respective partners regardless.

Will definitely be a short lived relationship
Dec 7, 2020 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
Stormen said:
death604 said:

why would it be a short lived relationship? Kabakura and Hanako is basically like them and yet they've been together for really 10 years, and are happily
in the latest English volume

there are preferences, but it doesn't mean that its the sole factor for loving someone. its basically similar to the idea of lust vs love. i may prefer someone as hot as scarlett johanson, but it doesn't mean i'd choose her over my wife.
Dec 7, 2020 1:08 PM
Jun 2014
death604 said:
Stormen said:

why would it be a short lived relationship? Kabakura and Hanako is basically like them and yet they've been together for really 10 years, and are happily

there are preferences, but it doesn't mean that its the sole factor for loving someone. its basically similar to the idea of lust vs love. i may prefer someone as hot as scarlett johanson, but it doesn't mean i'd choose her over my wife.

You most definitely would if you had the chance. Or at least cheat xD
Dec 14, 2020 1:41 PM
Nov 2020
Stormen said:
death604 said:

That's a really sad view of relationships, so you're basically saying lust would win out over love?
Dec 15, 2020 11:09 PM
Jun 2014
Apriccck said:
Stormen said:

That's a really sad view of relationships, so you're basically saying lust would win out over love?

No, i'd say its a very realistic view of relationships. Thinking you are soulmates and she'd never even look at another man and think she's like his stick drilled into her for hours is absolute naivete, and i'm sure you know. Lust wins over love in this manner for the majority of relationships at least once during it's course.

Let's say scarlet had her legs spread in front of you while completely nude, and you know that no one would ever find out. How many men would pack their dick back in and walk away? I'm thinking not many. Not many at all.
Dec 16, 2020 5:15 AM
Nov 2020
Stormen said:
Apriccck said:

No, i'd say its a very realistic view of relationships. Thinking you are soulmates and she'd never even look at another man and think she's like his stick drilled into her for hours is absolute naivete, and i'm sure you know. Lust wins over love in this manner for the majority of relationships at least once during it's course.

Let's say scarlet had her legs spread in front of you while completely nude, and you know that no one would ever find out. How many men would pack their dick back in and walk away? I'm thinking not many. Not many at all.

Assuming most people are shitty people just feels like pessimism to me, not realism. I'm sure a good amount of people are capable of having enough self control to not betray someone they love for momentary pleasure.
Dec 16, 2020 5:39 AM

Aug 2016
TrumpMD said:

That's a cap bruh, the MC is hottie lmao, every female was trying to frick him when his glasses got broken, while his gf was a 4 at best rofl.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Dec 16, 2020 11:34 PM
Jun 2014
Apriccck said:
Stormen said:

Assuming most people are shitty people just feels like pessimism to me, not realism. I'm sure a good amount of people are capable of having enough self control to not betray someone they love for momentary pleasure.

Realism will always sound like pessimism to optimists
Dec 20, 2020 3:15 PM
Jan 2014
Stormen said:
Apriccck said:

Realism will always sound like pessimism to optimists

I would choose my girlfriend over any other girl in the world. Hands down.
Dec 28, 2020 10:18 PM
Dec 2019
the boyfriend was no good either....no personality at all
Dec 29, 2020 11:11 PM
Dec 2020
I've dated people who aren't my type or who I don't generally find attractive and really loved them with all my heart and dated some really hot people I just couldn't connect with. It's kind of rude that she said she didn't find him attractive before they started dating but I do b think that springs from the closeness they had as kids.

If you do start dating someone who's not your type but who you really connect with on an emotional and physical level sometimes you start to find them really attractive too.

I've been watching a lot of romance lately so if anyone has any suggestions for anime that has adults having a good relationship let me know. I'd really like to watch it.
Jan 21, 2021 4:12 AM
Aug 2020
TrumpMD said:

I still do remember that once when Nifuji removed his glasses, then almost all girls in the office were looking him
Dec 15, 2021 11:12 AM
Dec 2017
typical weeb pandering stuff imo.

Mar 12, 2022 6:03 AM
Mar 2022
Women are proud hookers nowadays and if you have a problem with them acting this way, they simply laugh you off and move on or have their other dudes try to punk you out, threaten you, ect. I've tried throughout my life to have just one badass woman in my life and it always turned into there's always other dudes in their life that are banging them. Now that the internet allows them to simply dial up some dick, they are straight runnin proud whores notch'n off their bed post. I'm currently with a chick that miraculously had a turn around of good faith after she put me through a real shit storm. Getting cornered up in parking lots by her coworkers that she was banging and find out that there were others, I left her a few times. In the end she could get her way and couldn't stand not having me like the spoiled pos that she is "cake eater!", so she ended up quitting her job and her phantom other job and focuses on me now. Funny thing is that I'll never have the respect for her that a relationship should have, because she ultimately never respected me. It's hard to take a bitch serious after she tried the player game on you. I guess for now, throwing in the towel on this ass of a woman will do. I'm tired of the repeat of dealing with these low life species. It will wear you down. I think she has problems with numbers now, she must of fell and hit her dumb head really hard.
Mar 12, 2022 11:08 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
What are you even on about... Did you actually watch the show? You make it sound like it's NTR.
Mar 15, 2022 9:56 AM
Jun 2014
BatoKusanagi said:
What are you even on about... Did you actually watch the show? You make it sound like it's NTR.

But i didn't say it's NTR. You draw your own conclusions.
Aug 20, 2022 11:51 AM

Mar 2020
Damn this thread was full of some of the dumbest people in existence.
“A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart.”

I like 95% of the anime I watch. Fashies and the like can go fuck themselves.
Feb 10, 11:30 PM

Jun 2017
Interesting take . Naru personifies an aloof character who doesn't act intentionally inconsiderate but often comes across as such.You can see glimpses of her opposing facet when she brings food & cooks for him or keep her hand to herself when her "ideal man" Kabakura was beside her in the park ride.Though i can't say i wasn't mildly irked when she declared he isn't her type in front of him a day after the start of the convenient relationship.She has her share of relationships prior ,she should know better not to take it for granted.

KabaHana's relationship can't be weighed to NaruNifu.The latter has just started and Nifu is an emotional absorbent to Naru's mischief.Meanwhile Kaba and Hana have clattered their real selves since their high school days ,intime grown closer forming a rooted bond .They are of the same type, a leader-esque dominant personalities who pull others into their rhythym often seen in the anime .To form a relationship spanning a decade half assing isn't an option ,they match each others energy yet are considerate in their own love language.Preferences are transitionary and superficial at the end of the day ,what matters is they saw each other for their real self(the likes and dislikes) and choose on their own free will rather than be swept by the idea of love.
The little exposition of Hana leaning on him resting her face on his shoulder sleeping is everything !!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.