Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2018 5:40 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ken Mayumura looks badass as always
Aug 11, 2018 6:02 AM

Feb 2013
ZxI said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ken Mayumura looks badass as always

True, I wonder if any of his kids can throw a gyroball.
Lol, Urabe was convinced by Izumi's words and kawaiiness to forget about quitting.
Aug 11, 2018 6:32 AM
Oct 2017
I was so happy to see Satou Toshiya again. We don't get to see Goro; only hear his voice.

I am feeling nostalgic seeing Mayumura Ken. The whole gang is almost here!

It's a shame Michuru is not the starting pitcher.
Aug 11, 2018 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
Well, as we say in my country: "jalan más un par de teclas que una yunta de weyes" (you'll get lost in translation, sorry for those who don't speak spanish)
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 11, 2018 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Glad to see some romantic comedy! Go get her, Urabe.

I also think that they are going to underestimate Touto's pitcher, Komatsu. I feel that he is going to be difficult to beat and they are the ones who are underestimating him.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 11, 2018 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
hysterical_ said:
Nagai, whatever his name was, seriously need to be kicked out of Dolphin.

As usual, the creator himself failed in creating a convincing drama that lead to Urabe's decision to leave Dolphin in the first place. Every ounce of proper drama was clumsily resolved and forgotten because Urabe had a sudden crush on Izumi and her "sweet" words from out of nowhere made him changed his mind. Not to mention, she was in her swimsuit that further amplified this that left a bitter taste in my mouth for everything that was properly set-up upon from the very beginning. It trivialized Urabe's backstory into just simply "hurr, the sister was cute; her words were convincing" when even his best friend, Andy can't even do anything about it. -_-

Okay, it is likely they are going to win against Totou Boys and lose against the team introduced in this episode. I just don't see the point of this series foreshadowed the team unless it is for this purpose.

I always loved Major but I don't like Major 2nd AS MUCH because of exactly what you have said. I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me.
Aug 11, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
well here comes the first big game of the series so am looking forward to seeing it but yeah i also hated how the drama with him quitting was resolved but i had a feeling it was coming especially when daigo said the idol in that book looked like his sister lol

anyway was nice to see Ken again i can guess he had something to do with his daughter not pitching since he was watching her not take it serious
"one step at a time"
Aug 12, 2018 4:30 AM

Nov 2016
Urabe didn't quit thanks to the power of p**** xD

Was waiting for this game, it will be good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2018 3:02 AM

Mar 2010
I loved how Daigo tried to impersonate Sakura and Andy. It was funny and i hope they might use it in the future as well for comedy act.

The more and more episodes i see Daigo reminds me more of his mother than Goro. Shimizu was kind of dunce as well and had to work really hard, and she had that motivator part of her that i think Daigo has as well.
Aug 14, 2018 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
LOL urabe's crush was pretty damn cute. It's the first time I've seen him lighten up like that.

Great episode!! I'm like 99% sure we'll get more than 20 episodes at this point because a future rival was introduced. They're the one after Dolphins can beat Touto Boys.

lorde_esme said:
I was so happy to see Satou Toshiya again. We don't get to see Goro; only hear his voice.
I assume Goro will come back at an important part of the story probably 20 more episodes in when Daigo is in a pinch in his baseball career. I just want to see a father-son battery with either the Shigeno's or the Satou's. Would be super fun.
Aug 20, 2018 9:51 PM

Feb 2012
Daigo's impressions were hilarious they somewhat remind of me Luffy's in One Piece. Urabe's crush was pretty amusing to see. I guess that's one way to bring his motivation back altho like they said I don't think he was ever going to REALLY resign because of not handing in that letter all this time.
Sep 6, 2018 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode and really enjoyed through the buildup episode. The way Daigo handled the drama quite impressed me without raging and Dat fanservice appeared, as far my memory concern, was the first time on Major show but since its deal with new Generation setting so it didn't purely underwhelming for me [I gotta admit Izumi's is quite pretty as Kaoru!]. This gives me high chance that Urabe might actually be with them in future if his crush has been real (this reminds me how on original Goru instantly fall for another girl).

We got to see Mayumura at the end and tbh he looks way badass than Goro and Satou lol XD

Feb 24, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2013
Good job Daigo, tricking Urabe into staying on the team by using your sister in a swimsuit and giving all the compliments :D
Nice seeing Mayumura aswell, not just his kids.
Feb 24, 2019 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
PrOxAnto said:
Good job Daigo, tricking Urabe into staying on the team by using your sister in a swimsuit and giving all the compliments :D

I would love to see this as a running joke throughout the series. It would honestly be hilarious.
Mar 17, 2019 10:40 PM

Mar 2019
SkyDrop said:
Good episode and really enjoyed through the buildup episode. The way Daigo handled the drama quite impressed me without raging and Dat fanservice appeared, as far my memory concern, was the first time on Major show but since its deal with new Generation setting so it didn't purely underwhelming for me [I gotta admit Izumi's is quite pretty as Kaoru!]. This gives me high chance that Urabe might actually be with them in future if his crush has been real (this reminds me how on original Goru instantly fall for another girl).

We got to see Mayumura at the end and tbh he looks way badass than Goro and Satou lol XD

Doubt it tho urabe can get with izumi lol. Might be season 1 only then never mentioned afterwards. I didnt read the manga tho, but i dunt think character like urabe can get izumi.
Aug 20, 2019 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly, a dumb crush is a completely convincing reason to get over your pride with characters this young.

To the guy mentioning gyroballs above, these guys are way too young to have a technique like that mastered. It would be surprising to even see it with middle schoolers.

Anyway, looking forward to the game.
Sep 23, 2020 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
so after all those training and those build-up she's not gonna pitch? i would except more from the mangaka...

i thought that the whole izumi part were plan by daigo and andy, but it turned out not like this...

what annoyed me thought, that urabe reasoning were actually pretty good and understood, but then he convinced only by izumi? what with that? another writing flaw in this series, hope the game won't fail me...
Oct 23, 2021 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Understandable that Urabe wanted to quit with it being a second time that the prodigy son of a pro player takes over his position with him hesistating to quit because he still likes baseball. But having a crush on Izumi, I guess thats one (silly) way to bring back the motivation in Urabe.

Mar 25, 2023 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
Urabe is so cute lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

animejas - Apr 21, 2018

26 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.