Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 5, 2018 10:32 PM

Aug 2016
this shit is dope. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 5, 2018 10:55 PM

Sep 2016
Guretto, and they even animated the "This is the taste of a Liar". I really really hope that DP keeps the animation quality and they improve some flaws like they did with DiU
Oct 6, 2018 12:02 AM

Jul 2016
I did not like the dirtier, thicker lines compared to Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Guess it's just a thing I have to get accustomed to.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Oct 6, 2018 1:14 AM

Oct 2017
alphazero4um said:
The first episode was pretty nice. I mean it looks like we are getting different direction for Jojo. I am only an anime only watcher. So I do not know what is bound to happen. Going to enjoy it hopefully. Looking forward to next episode. Anything that I should be expecting since I am an anime only?

You can expect some great (and brutal) fights, and also a shitty ending. :)
Oct 6, 2018 1:36 AM

Jul 2016
alphazero4um said:
The first episode was pretty nice. I mean it looks like we are getting different direction for Jojo. I am only an anime only watcher. So I do not know what is bound to happen. Going to enjoy it hopefully. Looking forward to next episode. Anything that I should be expecting since I am an anime only?

Great fights, one of the best main cast, and some great meme material, honestly. Also some little more obscure musical references. Still big names, but not as big as DIU's.
By the way, there's also some really familiar faces ... I won't spoil it more than I just did, tho. ;)

Stay especially hyped for the Prosciutto fight, which is fairly early in the show and is considered one of the best fights in all of Jojo.
One of my favorite fights is Secco's tho, but it's really late, I think it's like the fourth fight counting from the end lmao.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Oct 6, 2018 2:00 AM

Oct 2014
Hype. Giorno on pink suit is much better than expected.
Waiting for the epic fights and for Mista!
Oct 6, 2018 2:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pixel_Vapour said:
Farabeuf said:

I share your views. Part 4 dragged a bit and lacked some of the awesome humour and cosmopolitan feel of Stardust Crusader. This one is off to a good start. Looks awesome as always too.

Part 4 to me was a hell of a lot better than Stardust Crusaders.

To each his own. I can see why 4 would be more interesting to younger generations though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2018 3:15 AM

Sep 2016
Mka_Kitty said:
how will I survive having to wait a week every time for a new episode?

Same feeling here. And I've even finished watching almost all the reaction videos out there. Don't know what else to watch during the gap. Fortunely, still have some JOJOLION to catch up.
Oct 6, 2018 3:58 AM
May 2018
I've read part 5 like 4-5 years ago so I completely forgot that Giorno had a different power for the first couple chapters and I was like what the hell is going.
Oct 6, 2018 4:39 AM
Jun 2017
I thought the episode was incredible. Can't wait to see how Josuke is doing and i am reeeeaaaallllyyy digging the main character so far.
Oct 6, 2018 4:41 AM

Feb 2015
Amazing, as expected.
Oct 6, 2018 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
as good as always❤

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 6, 2018 5:04 AM
Jan 2010
The only worthwhile anime in the universe is back again
Oct 6, 2018 6:08 AM

Feb 2015
Very strong first episode! It's done a brilliant job of getting the setting out, showing some stand abilities and users, and really getting to know Giorno! It really didn't take long for me to be completely absorbed in what's going on, which is less common for me these days. Very much looking forward to the next episode! And to see the new OP and ED then.
Oct 6, 2018 6:30 AM

May 2012
Thats like best start for jojo. I loved it so much

Oct 6, 2018 7:17 AM

Feb 2016
Dzentelmen2 said:
I've read part 5 like 4-5 years ago so I completely forgot that Giorno had a different power for the first couple chapters and I was like what the hell is going.

Same here xD, just like in the case of Star Platinum's Star Finger.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 6, 2018 7:52 AM
Aug 2011
it's beautiful ;~;
I missed having an airing JoJo in my life

also "you look like you're in middle school"
Koichi do you not own a mirror?
standOct 6, 2018 7:56 AM
Oct 6, 2018 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
that was so good I missed Jojo
Oct 6, 2018 9:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man it feels good to have JoJo back on the seasonal lineup!

This series seems pretty fresh for me considering the change in setting and how the people in Italy act in regards to certain situations like theft for example....That and the art and animation is really really good and thus adds to the atmosphere too

Its nice to see Koichi (And Jotaro - I'm hoping he actually comes to Italy too since I loved him in Part 4) again but Giorno was the star for me....This dude isn't a cunt like his dad (I LOVE that he is essentially the child of Dio and Jonathan lol) but he's still a thief....But then he has such a nice charm to himself and isn't really that much of a bad guy either.....And his Stand seems kinda broken too lol

Overall, it was a pretty good first episode though and I have heard GREAT things about the dude that showed up at the end, so I'm hyped for the next episode to see what he's all about (His Stand is pretty powerful too)
Oct 6, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2017
The visuals looks so appealing, man. Animation is nice and they've already captured my interest from the plot points. I found the ending of the episode to be bizarre in a good way. It was so crazy, man. I'm nodding my head to Gio's character so far. Gentlemen-like, but shady aswell, but I hope I get to understand more of that later on because it's a weird dynamic to have. I just know that I'm glad I wasn't born into a world like Jojo's where a person like Bruno exists.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Oct 6, 2018 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
i'm so excited for the next episodes!! i hope people will be able to understand Giorno now since the old manga scans were bad.. He's my favorite jojo! I kinda wish he was blue instead of pink though but pinks okay
Oct 6, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
Farabeuf said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Part 4 to me was a hell of a lot better than Stardust Crusaders.

To each his own. I can see why 4 would be more interesting to younger generations though.

I'm 27 and I prefer Part 4. I would have thought Part 4 would appeal to the older fans since it has slicve-of-life elements to it and less of a shounen-esque feel to it compared to Part 3
Pixel_VapourOct 6, 2018 10:42 AM
Oct 6, 2018 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
I'm already loving this part!

Giorno made an even bigger impression than Josuke (and I like Josuke a lot).
Oct 6, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode.Can't wait for the next one.Giorno looks so cool.

Oct 6, 2018 11:22 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
LIke everyone else, I thought it was a great start to the part with my favorite JoJo, erm, GioGio. Glad they're doing it as a straight through 3-cours instead of splitting it.

Personally, Ono Kensho's voice wasn't quite what I expected for Giorno. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice. But I was expecting someone with a more elegant, somewhat higher voice. Maybe Kimura Ryouhei? No, that's not quite right. Shimazaki Nobunaga could have been a good choice. Well, I didn't like Murase Ayumu as Hinata Shouyo at first either, but now I can't imagine anyone else playing that role. I'm sure I'll grow to love Kensho as Giorno as well.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 6, 2018 11:41 AM

Dec 2009
Halpher said:
The visuals looks so appealing, man. Animation is nice and they've already captured my interest from the plot points. I found the ending of the episode to be bizarre in a good way. It was so crazy, man. I'm nodding my head to Gio's character so far. Gentlemen-like, but shady aswell, but I hope I get to understand more of that later on because it's a weird dynamic to have. I just know that I'm glad I wasn't born into a world like Jojo's where a person like Bruno exists.

Bruno is a cool lad once you get to know him a bit more :p
Oct 6, 2018 11:53 AM

May 2012
stand said:
it's beautiful ;~;
I missed having an airing JoJo in my life

also "you look like you're in middle school"
Koichi do you not own a mirror?

I don't read manga, but according to wiki page Koichi is 18 years old in part 5 (he was 15 in part 4)

So, he is older than Giorno even though he looks younger
Oct 6, 2018 12:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pixel_Vapour said:
Farabeuf said:

I'm 27 and I prefer Part 4. I would have thought Part 4 would appeal to the older fans since it has slicve-of-life elements to it and less of a shounen-esque feel to it compared to Part 3

really? I thought it was the opposite, it was 4 that had the very shounen feel with all the youngish characters running around town. I actually think that slice of life is more appealing to younger viewers than the olde anime viewer.

We disagree. Lets just leave it at that here.. Hopefully this season will be awesome
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2018 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Farabeuf said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

really? I thought it was the opposite, it was 4 that had the very shounen feel with all the youngish characters running around town. I actually think that slice of life is more appealing to younger viewers than the olde anime viewer.

We disagree. Lets just leave it at that here.. Hopefully this season will be awesome

I think it really just depends on what slice-of-life show we're talking about here. The fights in Part 3 were definitely more shounen-esque though. It was monster of the week (mainly the first half of Part 3 though).

Anyway on a side note, just watched the episode now. Great start. 9/10 first episode.
Oct 6, 2018 2:59 PM

Jan 2017
I hate having to wait a week for the next episode. But boy! it's so good to have JoJo Fridays back!
Oct 6, 2018 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Well, I liked it for the most part. But I found some of the warp effects used to compensate for animation a bit distracting.
I doubt many people will look too deeply into that, and it's been present in past seasons, anyway.

Overall, I'd say this is already a huge step-up from last season in terms of animation already. The adaptation is good so far as well, which makes me excited because this part is my second favorite. I can't wait to see my precious boy, Narancia, animated!!

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Oct 6, 2018 3:19 PM
Feb 2012
I keep a picture of Bruno in my wallet like Giorno keeps one of DIO.
Oct 6, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2015
Giorno is Dio's son, damn this is about to be interesting. Its a 10 already from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 6, 2018 4:30 PM

Sep 2014
101 how to be save from anime thiefs? Keep a picture of D I O in your wallet.

This will be great, and we have 39 episodes of it. Thats like a year of glory
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 6, 2018 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Wow that place is crime ridden
Oct 6, 2018 7:20 PM

Aug 2015
Bucciarati looked amazing and the animation is gorgeous.

Waiting for my boy Mista though.
Oct 6, 2018 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Now watch how quickly they forget about Giorno's attack reflection.

Also are the official subs seriously going for Bucciarati over Buccellati?

Anyway good ep.
Oct 6, 2018 9:25 PM

Oct 2016
Finally! Incredible episode!
I'm gonna enjoy so much to this series.
Oct 6, 2018 11:36 PM
Apr 2018
'This is the taste of a liar...'
Finally, JOJO is back!!

I really like the artstyle (and the music) they are using, I hope they'll keep a good quality during the 39 episodes run...
Manaarii_0Oct 7, 2018 3:46 PM
Oct 7, 2018 1:08 AM

Aug 2015
Simply perfect. From the animation and the voice acting, to the Golden Experience emergence and Bruno's intro, everything was perfect. So much hype for the opening and the ending.
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Oct 7, 2018 1:47 AM

Aug 2017
Batora07 said:
Halpher said:

Until he's tasting my sweat and having fingers come out of my mouth. :)
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Oct 7, 2018 1:54 AM
Jun 2016
Eeeeeeee it's finally here!!! Loved this first episode. Can't wait see the rest of the gang!!
Oct 7, 2018 2:08 AM

Dec 2009
Halpher said:
Batora07 said:

Until he's tasting my sweat and having fingers come out of my mouth. :)

That's what I meant when I said "knowing him more"
Oct 7, 2018 2:12 AM

Dec 2014
the animation was superb and we are yet to see the OP and ED (heres hoping the CGI OP comes back)
overall its good i guess, but i felt the pacing is fast, it adapted 5 chapters from manga, which is ok but something was off
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 7, 2018 3:23 AM

May 2016
I love everything about this episode so far ♥ The very close to manga art, both previous and new characters being here, the very mysterious new Stand powers, namely Giorno and Bruno's so far, the connections to previous parts (seeing that photo from Stardust Crusaders and Dio in Giornos wallet made me freak out), and the all new bizarre journey the Gangstars will be going on from now on. It's totally worth waiting two years for this.

I like that they mentioned that Koichi had Rohan make him able to speak and understand perfect Italian using Heaven's Door because it makes complete sense despite everyone speaking Japanese because it'd be too much to get an all-Italian cast for this right at the get-go. Jotaro showing his love for Marine Biology is at an all-time-high here too, which could be foreshadowing to his new Stand, Ocean Man lmao it's joke.

Seeing Act 3 Freeze against Golden Experience was naturally a golden experience for me coz I really love Stand battles and I personally thought that Leaky-Eye Luca was bizarre enough to have the potential as a Stand user but to be chopped up as an intimidation tactic by Bruno works too because it certainly did the job (I'm so glad that the censoring's minimal so far). I'll certainly take the taste of a liar being salty in mind since it can be helpful~

Oct 7, 2018 3:24 AM
Feb 2017
not much of a big impact in 1st eps but was good i guess and the good part is some old characters still in the show
Oct 7, 2018 5:36 AM

Nov 2016
kyoudai said:
LIke everyone else, I thought it was a great start to the part with my favorite JoJo, erm, GioGio. Glad they're doing it as a straight through 3-cours instead of splitting it.

Personally, Ono Kensho's voice wasn't quite what I expected for Giorno. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice. But I was expecting someone with a more elegant, somewhat higher voice. Maybe Kimura Ryouhei? No, that's not quite right. Shimazaki Nobunaga could have been a good choice. Well, I didn't like Murase Ayumu as Hinata Shouyo at first either, but now I can't imagine anyone else playing that role. I'm sure I'll grow to love Kensho as Giorno as well.

How about Sakurai Takahiro? I thought it was him when Giorno first spoke. Though I'm sure Ono will do a great work.

Also, my fave Jojo is either Joseph or Josuke (depending on my mood), but maybe Gio will take the spot.
Oct 7, 2018 6:25 AM

Sep 2018
Can't wait to see how the opening is for this part considering the names attached to it
Oh You Say It's Declined ? 😬😬 Huh ? 😠😡 You Say It Was Declined ? 😠😠😡😡Aight, Shit 😔😔 Well Try My MasterCard , Bro 💳💳 Yeah Yeah Yeah I Got Money On My MasterCard Fo sho 😟😅💳
Oct 7, 2018 7:12 AM
May 2016
What a fantastic first episode! There's so much about this part already that gives me great faith that DP will deliver beyond expectations this time around. They added so many new scenes in the beginning that are ESSENTIAL to the overall part. One of the main issues I had with part 5 is the lack of focus given to the main issue of how fucked up Italy actually is (in the story of course), seeing people now notice from the first episode how crime-ridden and scummy it is already fixes one of the issues I had with Gio/Bruno's motivations to help bring justice back to the country.

The additional scenes for Giorno too were really nice, already in the first episode they've given him a lot stronger of an introduction than he had in the manga, and with how the anime's confirmed to be 39 episodes, god knows how many more potential scenes they could add to benefit the part.

The animation and art was fantastic too, if they keep things consistent this could easily be the best part in terms of both departments. Some scenes just looked like they practically oozed Araki's style, like the manga itself was given movement. https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/58801 for example. It's so good to be able to get that fix of bizarre awesomeness again.

Can't wait to hear the OP! It's sung by Coda and has the lyricist of Cruel Angel's Thesis doing it, god damn this week is going to be painful to wait through.
Oct 7, 2018 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, having just finished the part 4 anime that art style is really interesting :o Jotaro looks pretty natural in it, but Koichi is a pretty stark difference from his old look.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.