Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2018 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that yuri kiss...intense.

Satou definitely made that scene look impactful. The episode focused mostly from her perspective and it's disturbing to watch. Also, I don't think I can stand that Taiyou guy much longer. He is so damn creepy in this show.

The Shio/Satou scene was really heartwarming from all this though.
Aug 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
Shits getting serious, i like that.

Also yeah, just forget about your aunt you decomposed into a bucket and those two dudes you also murdered in park, that's just a detail not worth to mention xD
Aug 10, 2018 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Once again the contrast makes this anime amazing. Especially Satou dismissing her crimes, while freaking out over a lie
Aug 10, 2018 11:43 AM

Apr 2018
While Satou's yandere-ism is really meant to save someone like Shio-chan, since she doesn't ask anything aside from having her happy in the house (while Shio has issues with the outside, mommy's fault), it's really hard to swallow the fact that we're seeing a lolicon slowly becoming a pedo as he's getting crazier and crazier.

I like the fact that since she's a yandere, she attracks people with similar traits (the copycat, the pedo, the maso prof, the rapist milf) but I hope Shio doesn't get too involved into anything that might be in the future episodes: it's having it around her like the brother looking for her, but just not let them see eachother before the murder (same for everyone else)
Aug 10, 2018 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Oh god forgive me for loving this anime full of pedos, stalkers, lesbians, etc

Now that Satou’s friend knows the secret shit’s about to get serious. Lmfao can’t wait for
Aug 10, 2018 4:26 PM

Jun 2016
Holy crap, this episode is my favorite so far, so much great stuff in this one.

That yuri scene at the beginning really was intense. I'm trying my best from not reading further into the manga because I don't want to spoil myself too much on what happens next...
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 10, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2018
I just realized that Taiyo looks almost exactly like Kagamine Len
Aug 10, 2018 7:22 PM

Nov 2017
kidnapping loli and killing your aunt is not a crime - Matsusaza Satou

best quotes of the year
Now Loading.....
Aug 10, 2018 8:20 PM
Mar 2017
Wow that yuri moment, Satou-chan know how to handle this girl

Shio start to remenber her mother, bad memories about her

Taiyou is going down, his trauma is turning him more creepy

Poor Shoko, she has doubts about her best friend
Aug 10, 2018 10:33 PM
Mar 2014
Yeah, she's right, she's not that perfect. I'm glad they had a yuri kiss
Aug 11, 2018 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Damn come on Satou! At least let Shio tell you about Mitsuboshi, however it was very heartwarming scene.

Yo that kiss was done really well. Satou has controlled all these situations so well.
Aug 11, 2018 8:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
BulletKing said:
I feel like this is a contest of characters to find out who's the creepiest lmao. I think Mitsuboshi is in the lead with Satou being second.

Exactly my thoughts from the very first episode.

Good episode regardless. We’ve got our fair share of heartwarming scenes this episode but looks like we’re up for some dark theme next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2016
Kinda nice episode.

Satou is getting herself into more troubles

Life is empty without anime

Aug 11, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
Is there anyone in this who's not messed up in the head? Oh well, I guess it's a rhetorical question.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 11, 2018 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
CG said:
Is there anyone in this who's not messed up in the head? Oh well, I guess it's a rhetorical question.

Shoko..........
Aug 11, 2018 11:22 AM
Oct 2017
tfw everyone is bad-shit crazy and the only sane person left is finally realizing tf is up
Shiroxwhoopz
Aug 11, 2018 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
What exactly can I say about this episode?

Well, beginning with the previous episode, it’s been slightly falling out of my favor, I guess you could say. It’s becoming less enjoyable to watch, to put it another way. Because, it has been and remains, nothing but the same. There has been no real progression, from episode to episode; Everybody is psychotic, and has an unnatural, psycho-obsessive fixation on somebody else, and they’re all doing the same, depraved kinds of things, revolving solely around that fixation. And, frankly, it has become somewhat uninteresting. Because it doesn’t change, it doesn’t evolve, there is no alteration in anything that’s happening. It just remains the same, episode in, episode out. And so, whatever charm in the oddity of it all that there was for me in the first three episodes, has kind of diluted down, to where it’s only mildly interesting to me, right now.

Had things like the ‘Single White Female’-esque, obsessive co-worker of Satou happened in episode 3, I might’ve been more interested. If her other co-worker, the pedophile, had been found out as he was in this episode, I might’ve cared a bit more. But, it’s stagnant. It all depends solely on the fact that everyone is crazy. But, a level, unaltering state of crazy. And, that’s beginning to bug me. Almost as much as it bugs me to hear poor little Shio’s sorrowful cries, when she apologizes to Satou, for feeling like she betrayed her. The seiyuu’s portrayal actually somewhat pains me. And, maybe this is all just a passing thing. But, for right now, this series has dropped significantly, as far as my enjoyment goes.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 11, 2018 1:15 PM

Apr 2016
Bloody hell man. This show is doing so many things right. Only problem would be the saturation of psychotic characters which kind of cheapens the story.

Other than that.
The animation,character designs, music, op song, episode direction and Kana Hanazawas voice acting.

God Im hooked.
Aug 11, 2018 10:50 PM

Jun 2017
Nate77 said:
. Only problem would be the saturation of psychotic characters which kind of cheapens the story.

talk about it, nearly every important character is a lunatic

i just want someone normal!
Aug 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Apr 2016
GreatAide said:
Nate77 said:
. Only problem would be the saturation of psychotic characters which kind of cheapens the story.

talk about it, nearly every important character is a lunatic

i just want someone normal!
some of the side characters are normal but thats about it haha
Aug 12, 2018 1:39 AM

Jul 2014
While this episode once again doubled down on the show's absurd premise of basically everyone being depraved and psychotic, but in this case the show at least used that to its advantage, including the fact that Shoko (or whatever her name is) is the only normal person here so far. Paralleling Satou's breakdown in front of Shio with Mitsuboshi's (unbeknownest to him) accurate ravings about Satou to Shoko was an excellent move as well: the pressure is mounting on Satou from all sides, and this did an excellent job of demonstrating that fact.
Aug 12, 2018 2:12 AM

Jun 2013

Satou-chan be giving Su-chan that tongue and thigh-between-the-legs action in the locker room. I almost forgot for a moment this didn’t have hentai elements, I was expecting for lots of tongue and wetness action but I realized I was watching a series about a yandere obsessed with an adorable Shio-chan.

She felt dirty after kissing that stalker. Damn, Su-chan hates herself so much that she mimicked everything Satou did and even tried following her to her apartment. Satou shut that shit down.

Poor Shio-chan is still plagued by her demons but she didn’t mention Mitsuboshi’s name.

Speaking of this series’ other resident pedophile, the first being Satou, damn he really is obsessed with Shio-chan. I thought he would just move onto a different loli but no, it has to be Shio-chan. Poor Shio-chan, she’s surrounded by a harem of psychos. Also at the end, Shoko encountered Asahi-kun.

P.S. Mitsuboshi’s mom is hot.

臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
Albi-kun said:
Shoko..........
Are you sure? For one, she's a slut and best friends with the craziest murdering bitch in the series. While that alone doesn't classify her as a looney, it's not exactly normal either. What's more, who's to say she won't turn into some sort of crazy freak due to the influence of the creepy experiences she's going through thanks to Mitsuboshi and Satou? And do I need to remind you that Mitsuboshi was a very normal good kid until he was repeatedly raped by that old hag manager, and look at him now.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 12, 2018 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
I think it is stupid and unbelievable that 80% of this anime characters are mentally ill one or another way... And I bet there will be more of them
Aug 12, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that kiss scene really got me, i thought Satou was going to kill her or strangle her, but hey pervert sensei, guess who joins you now in the "being-manipulated-by-Satou Club", lol
On a side note, Mitsuboshi seems finally in his full yandere, can't wait for the next episode to see what he gonna do; so as that brother, he seems up to something with Shoko
Aug 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
CG said:
Albi-kun said:
Shoko..........
Are you sure? For one, she's a slut and best friends with the craziest murdering bitch in the series. While that alone doesn't classify her as a looney, it's not exactly normal either. What's more, who's to say she won't turn into some sort of crazy freak due to the influence of the creepy experiences she's going through thanks to Mitsuboshi and Satou? And do I need to remind you that Mitsuboshi was a very normal good kid until he was repeatedly raped by that old hag manager, and look at him now.

I was talking as of now
Aug 12, 2018 2:27 PM
Aug 2016
CG said:
Albi-kun said:
Shoko..........

And you think Shoko is aware of everything that Satou has done, or the kind of person Satou is? Shoko is completely oblivious to Satou's true nature, since she's really good at hiding it.
VinnyLamAug 12, 2018 2:30 PM
Aug 12, 2018 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
Imagine if every person you ever met was obsessed with you in the creepiest, edgiest, and most fucked up way possible. Hi, welcome to the world of edgelord anime, while it can be entertaining, you will eventually grow numb to the fucked up motives and meme faces of literally every antagonist in these shows lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 12, 2018 6:28 PM

May 2012
I like how it’s getting creepier and creepier with every episode. I am trying so hard not to read manga and spoil myself but it’s really hard. It keeps me interested what is going to happen next.

But this Taiyo guy... He’s the worst in my opinion. His reaction to a picture of a Shio-chan on his bed was a little bit too much for me... eh D:

But damn that yuri kiss tho.
Aug 13, 2018 12:52 AM

Jul 2012
This show's hilarious, mainly because of how almost literally every character is crazy and their messed up logic.

Anyways, decent episode. Things have been building up pretty slowly up until now but it seems shit's gonna be hitting the fan very soon.
Aug 13, 2018 3:55 AM
Jun 2017
this series is really is making every character CRAZY about that LOVE THING; and God is punishing them (according to Shio, Taiyo and Satou)...

and the first scene started with a stalker co workmate of Satou... THAT YURI KISS WAS AWESOME LIE!!!

and for Taiyo and Satou for them Shio is their ANGEL, the light that will guide them in their HAPPY SUGAR LIFE!!! hahaha...
Aug 13, 2018 7:05 AM

Oct 2012
I thought this episode was okay, the issue I have is that not only do I dislike the fact that 99% of the characters so far have some sort of mental trauma or illness of some kind.. but this episode really didn't feel like it added much in terms of what little "plot" there is.

I mean hey it's a fun ride and I have been enjoying this show! it's dark but adorable and I intend on finishing this Anime and I might even read the Manga (since I'd imagine it's better) but this episode was a bit bland in my opinion.

I mean I know everyone is talking about the Yuri kiss , "Oh my god!!" but I don't know, I don't feel it really added much to the show personally. Unless it's some sort of messed up plot device later on.

Like what if she found out she had "Another" person she actually loves or what if she tells her and she goes crazy and tries to go after this mystery lover. I don't know.. I have a feeling they wont even use it for anything later on considering how short this Anime is but we'll see. '^';
Aug 13, 2018 10:20 AM

Jan 2017
Oh man, satou-chan is so damn mad...
She will do anything to protect and hiding shio-chan from everyone, no matter if she's friends, family, or stranger she will do anything to get shio-chan back...

Satou-chan
Best
Psychopath
Waifu
2K18
Aug 13, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Hot girls are dick magnets...hot guys are chick magnets
And Satou is a psycho magnet, I guess.

Yeah right, Mitsuboshi's mum definitely couldn't hear his son screaming on top of his voice.
LanzAug 13, 2018 12:25 PM
Aug 13, 2018 2:42 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was shocking with Yuri kiss as you guys described here, in concern these episodes are going deeper like in Anime "Island". I was was happy watching this anime from that beginning, these sweet stuff going to the bitter things, when her live is in panic, working hard to protect her beloved girl. in the end was crazy to see, that she accepts her apologies for her kissing other girl. I'm waiting for Satou truth reveal about her disrespectful actions and her love variations for Shio. Hehe.
This is my first comment ever in this forum, sorry if I described something wrong about this episode.
Aug 13, 2018 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
This show is getting more and more repetive.

At least the yuri scene was a nice surprise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2018 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nice one! Satou!
Now that's what you call pre-preemptive attack! (the part where she kissed the other girl so that she won't delve anymore regarding the appartment of Satou)
This is getting better and better!
The Mitsuboshi scene was too EPIC! and sooner or later he will be the mortal opponent of Satou!
This so cutesy show is just too DARK! its so good!
5/5.

Aug 14, 2018 10:32 AM

Dec 2016
More Satou x Su pls. Only non fucked up relationship we got so far. Not sure how people can feel so much sympathy for Satou when it comes to Shio, she literally kidnapped her and is holding her hostage in her apartment where she killed her aunt. Shio is a kid she doesnt know better or worse she just sees Satou as someone who treats her well compared to everyone else in her life. Itd only be a matter of time before Satou starts getting like Taiyou is.

Speaking of Taiyou hes a fucking creep this show would be way better off without him. Sure you gotta feel bad for him at the start after what he went through but hes gotta control himself and get some counseling now bc hes just fucked at this point. Keep Shio away from him.
Aug 14, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2018
Why is this the best anime of the season?
But i am still waiting for the backstory of the main character to be developed cause that one scene where her mum justify being beaten by her bf or husband by telling her it is love ain't enough for me
Aug 16, 2018 5:20 AM
Aug 2018
Hmmm. A Yuri scene.
Aug 27, 2018 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
It is true that almost everyone is crazy in this series. They should really tone it down a little - a quick fix would be to make the teacher normal and invovled in helping Satou. This way this anime would be much more credible at being realistic.

But hey, this is a B movie flick where everyone is crazy just beacuse. So lets enjoy the ride.

squirrvev said:
Once again the contrast makes this anime amazing. Especially Satou dismissing her crimes, while freaking out over a lie

That was priceless. It really shows how crazy she is.
Aug 29, 2018 10:36 PM

Aug 2018
Damn! What exquisite fine trash! This series gets better and better, trashier and trashier with every episode. I can’t decide who I like the most:

Shio-Chan hopelessly in love and confused by the nuts swirling around her.
— or —
Taiyou fapping feverishly to Shio-Chan’s wanted posters
— or —
Our new girl at work (Su-Chan) who’s a bit of a stalker herself
— or —
Poor Satou-Chan herself who’s terribly pitiful and manical simultaneously.

Take you pick who’s nuttiest. And, this says nothing about the other girl from work who just found out how very crazy Taiyou-San is.

I love them all!
NoviSunAug 29, 2018 10:53 PM
Aug 29, 2018 10:46 PM

Aug 2018
Tekakurika said:
I think it is stupid and unbelievable that 80% of this anime characters are mentally ill one or another way... And I bet there will be more of them
I saw this show about dragons and wizards the other day, but now I’m so angry I could spit tacks! It turns out there are no dragons or wizards in real life! The author just made it up! What a crock of shlt!..
Sep 2, 2018 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
This is an up and down anime for me. One moment I like it because it explores hidden sins that people have. Things from people that seem normal up on top but actually crazy deep inside. It's sort of relatable in a way and that makes this really disturbing. HOWEVER, this anime is not without its ridiculous faults and over the top scenes.

Taiyou is just full blown out of his mind now (I personally thought he might be a "good" guy for Satou but I was sadly mistaken). Satou herself said it's not good to deceive about love but lies to Shio about the murders. Alright then.

I definitely want to add how it's sort of getting repetitive in a way but the plot is still moving despite that so I can let it slide.
Sep 7, 2018 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
Life is not easy to Satou, no wonder she is crazy, everyone wants her....
Sep 8, 2018 1:34 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was very slow. Nothing relevant happened.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2018 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
Only 5 episodes so far but I am so overwhelmed by the series…. Each episode pulls me in deeper and trapping me
Sep 27, 2018 4:43 AM

Apr 2016
Satou: I don't need to tell her of my murdering or anything, cuz it ain't a crime, right god?

God IRL: ...
Oct 15, 2018 10:25 AM

May 2012
Some really special cases in this series... quite something but if I must say one thing. The pacing is of these episodes are absolute fantastic!
Nov 21, 2018 8:11 AM
Nov 2018
Now satou is cheating
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

42 by neptuneSXDLl »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

328 by Phixiately »»
Mar 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

81 by Phixiately »»
Mar 20, 9:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.