Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 12:53 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At first, I was pretty surprised that the movie moved to the next generation ( literally as shown in the credits scene). But it makes sense for Level-5 to do that with the change in console (just like in Inazuma).

The characters were nice enough (still typical children programs characters) and the redesigns of the returning ones were pretty or funny but always weird.
The story, just like the characters, was pretty common fare. But it seemed to try to diverge from the YW animation formula a bit. The comedy wasn't entirely the same and was less prominent than before. The movie even ended up as an action spectacle, albeit one using too much CGI (many oversized yôkai/gods/whatever). Too bad the gadgets are still a thing, obviously advertising new collectibles models (keys, this time). Moreover, the "antique" Watch looked too much like the toy it will become when it had a chance to look different.
Technically okay for a theatrical production.

Having Kitaro as a guest-star to celebrate his return on TV was nice. But not letting him be part of the confrontation disappointed me. (yeah for the return of Nozawa, by the way, even if she did notsound like her old Kitaro)

Enjoyment: 5/5

While still YW, this movie seems to show a will for the animated department of the brand to "evolve". Interesting.
Score: 6/10
Rei_IIIAug 9, 2018 12:58 AM
Mar 31, 2020 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
To think that Keita managed to marry Fumi-chan and even had two children. And Amano Natsume was a good protagonist too, but Whisper and Jibanyan's design here was a bit disconcerting to be honest. xD Touma was also cool. Not at first, and for a moment I thought that he was going to be an antagonist to the end, but Natsume and Akinori managed to save him with Kitarou's help. I loved Kitarou's cameo by the way. I wasn't expecting it, and their voices and design were weird to me since I got to know Kitarou with the 2018 anime, but it was really good to see him and his friends here. Even Nezumi-Otoko. lol I also loved the ending song with Kitarou's Ge Ge Ge fused with the Gera Gera Po song and the first ED of the original anime. Oh, and Akinori was really cool too. He didn't even get a Youkai Watch like the other two, but he had his Youjutsu and helped even without one. I also loved Fubuki-hime and Merameraion's design here, they were really, really cool! Oh, and I loved when Natsume got on Seiryuu's back as well. Enma-Daiou and Nurarihyon also had a significant role to play, together with Kaira, and it was great! To think this was only a prequel, I can't wait to start the Shadow Side anime!

More topics from this board

» w. Gegege no Kitarou Collaboration

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2017

0 by tsubasalover »»
Sep 12, 2017 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.