Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 11:32 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh by that ending :'D really fun episode, and I do wonder if that girl that stranded on that island will be alright! She did lose her two orbs though... Let's see what's next.
Aug 9, 2018 4:08 AM

Dec 2016
Castaway with a cute anime girl is something Hollywood has to jump on right now lol. Also Nitta is fucking great, and is the glue that holds this amazing anime together
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2017
Mao is here! Mao is here! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! MAO IS HERE!!!
It was a good, extremely good episode, I loved it. And very sad, it's impossible to watch 2nd best girl Mao cry and not cry along with her. Fortunately, the rest of an episode cheered me up. FINALLY some yakuza stuff are going on! And another new character appeared. Now when Naito is in the anime I wonder if they're going to show us you-know-which part of the plot. To be honest I doubt it, there are only three episodes left and they have to get to the scene at the beginning of the first episode. Anyway, I died of laughter at this part. And the last one was even better, feels like a revenge for tha ep when Hina was going home. I can't remember last time I was laughing this much. But it was adorable, Hina did her best!
Aug 9, 2018 2:03 PM

May 2015
First half has some Cast Away vibe. :D No Wilson :(((

Hina celebration was on point. :D

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 12, 2018 1:58 AM

Jun 2013

Yep, Utako was permanently removed from the OP. Poor Mao, she lost BOTH balls. These girls are so unlucky with balls.

Mao went full on Tom Hanks with her two Wilsons.

I hope she gets to Japan.

Also Nitta getting encased in concrete with everyone congratulating him for becoming lieutenant or whatever was pretty funny.

่‡ญใ„-
Aug 14, 2018 3:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok mao..what really happened to her…That surprise for nitta though
Sep 14, 2018 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Leave it to Hina to think up the weirdest party ever lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 4, 2018 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was a little of a let down for me :( Because i honestly expected that Hina would be mad and Nitta would ask her forgiveness, but no... this episode starts like nothing happened :/
I felt bad for that girl, i hope she can meet with Anzu and Hina soon.

And the mafia scene... it can be just this episode or i can be wrong but it seems that they don't focus on their issues. I hope the next episodes will be better.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 31, 2018 1:21 AM

Mar 2017
this is too fucking cute
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 1, 2018 8:50 AM
Nov 2018
Another crazy good episode 5/5.
This is quickly becoming one of my fav series ever, i'll definitely check out the manga after i finish this.

Hina is so sweet trying to celebrate Nitta's ascension. I love Nitta-Hina relationship truly a familiar one.
Dec 1, 2018 8:52 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was so beautiful, that new girl sure had a great idea imagining Hina and Anzu as living cocoon, Gina's impression was certainly pretty good as:

I just want food.
Jan 8, 2019 1:23 AM

May 2016
Mao lost the orbs the very second she arrived and ended up in a deserted island far from Japan, talking to coconuts for months before having enough of it. That means that Hina will have another friend to play with and will stay for even longer now ♥

Nitta almost got killed by his comrades over a misunderstanding but Grandpa came in just in time to clear the air. Being promoted to lieutenant after going through all of this wasn't nearly enough to lift him out of the bitter mood and everyone encircling his concrete-encased body and cheering him on didn't help at all lmao. Hina's heart was at the right place but she accidentally put up a funeral shrine for his celebration due to the lack of alternatives. She was still cute though~

Jan 21, 2019 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
The most humiliating execution turned promotion ritual in history.

"Yo, I'm dead" -me and Nitta
Jan 23, 2019 3:19 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
Experincing one of my favorite films Cast Away with a cute anime girl. Neat.

That ending man.

"If I were a grade school kid, I'd think I was being bullied and cry."

Feb 3, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Poor Mao! I hope she reunites with Hina and Anzu as soon as possible.

Letting that aside, the second half was pretty hilarious. At least, Hina was traying to do something nice for Nitta... but well, it's the thought that counts, right? xD
Feb 26, 2019 4:22 PM
Feb 2016
Is it a Cast Away reference ?!?!?!
May 14, 2019 6:22 PM

Sep 2017
Another good episode. What happened to Mao was unfortunate. Hoping we get to see more of her, as her opening scene was pretty awesome. Hina's party was precious and hilarious. Nitta getting trapped in concrete was pretty solid too. All around good episode.
May 19, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2018
A ridiculous celebration. Even though the celebration was for promotion but why did it become a funeral?
Jun 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
The new girl is a bit unstable, why not do that (creating raft) from the first? xD

Ofc it's the usual Hina as always
She doesn't know how to make celebrations or things clean xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 14, 2019 5:43 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao that poor Mao stranded on the island!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 17, 2019 4:35 AM

Dec 2018
Ikaruga called Mao at present time, so according to the markings on the tree she was stranded for 98 days. Is she going to show up in the show now or in the future, we know their has to be some kind of time skip of 4 years I think........Or Mao was simply counting hours. LOL.
Shotttooo00_0000Aug 28, 2019 7:39 AM
Jun 10, 2020 12:32 PM

Oct 2019
Mao really went through a lot there..

Nitta turns chief and what a celebration it was indeed..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Feb 2018
Rip Mao, the girl supposed to be in Japan and she lost his two balls.
And now she gone into Thailand or Malaysia.
Jul 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Oct 2017
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Ikaruga called Mao at present time, so according to the markings on the tree she was stranded for 98 days. Is she going to show up in the show now or in the future, we know their has to be some kind of time skip of 4 years I think........Or Mao was simply counting hours. LOL.
It said 198 days, thats almost a year lmfao, i think shes going to end up finding them, it looked like she went to china first though, who knows maybe hinas been living with this guy for over a year, last episode had a new years party as well
Sep 14, 2020 2:28 AM

Feb 2020
Felt bad for Mao, this poor girl was stranded for 6 months (why are you guys saying there's gonna be a 4 year timeskip though ?)... I really thought she was gonna go insane when she started "befriending" the coconuts. Good thing she realized how messed up the situation was.
I really wonder what exactly will happen though, given the show's very first scene showing her fight for Hina against some guys in Japan...
The second segment was very funny, especially with the Yakuza celebrating around Nitta still being cemented.
And the last part was both cute and hilarious, Hina is a sweet girl but she has such a hard time understanding life.
I still have a little complaint : I miss Anzu's life as an homeless girl. I mean, I'm truly happy that she found her place but now her character is completely stagnating. I don't feel the same kind of emotions when I see her than I used to...
Oct 19, 2020 3:37 AM

Jul 2020
LMAO the second part, that was quite a surprise ^^
Oct 27, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2009
The celebration party organized by Hina was hilarious!! I laughed/cried so hard on that particular scene:
Nov 6, 2020 3:53 AM

May 2018
Ngl I would love a coffin like that
Nov 13, 2020 9:20 AM

Jun 2020
Mao=Great addition , i think she'll be another favorite
Yakuza scene=Priceless
More Nitta and Hina=Yey!!
Nov 26, 2020 8:13 PM

Mar 2020
Did utako got permanently dissapear form the ed? If it is in the op it is still understandable. but in the ed everybody is there and utako isn't
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jan 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Apr 2009
Ah this was the crying girl on the opening theme. She lost both her orb and Hina's delivery orb so nope, not reliable too! Looks like she ended up in an island somewhere off the coast of East Malaysia, and the direction of the arrow seems to be going to Thailand next.

What an awkward promotion stemming from Sabu's preemptive information.

Mika said:
Well, you know, I'm celebrating every day. Celebrating that I was born into this world.
Damn. It's true we should celebrate each day we woke up to this world even in these difficult times but what an excuse to drink everyday huh?

Give her points for trying though, she did combine every suggestions. Besides it's the thought that counts.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 15, 2021 12:53 AM

Nov 2019
All-round a great episode. The psychology of making friends up to fill the void hits the feels, with a touch of ventriloquism.
Jan 17, 2022 11:31 AM

May 2016
That guy actually betrayed Nitta for good and
for his own good ditch him after the mess he
created, if this was a serious show wouldn't have
been satisfied untill he gotten killed or something

Now back to the first part, Mahou no man land
almost lossing her mind, I hope she can reach
Japan soon enough but if saw right she went to
China?
Apr 28, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2020
Bro what did that red haired girl do, feel bad for her
Nov 13, 2022 8:26 PM

Oct 2022
I love the contrast and the development in Nitta's role as a caregiver when you look at now versus earlier (with trying to clean the household). When Hina messed up and broke all the vases, Nitta wasn't having any of it. But now, when Hina messes up a celebration and turns it into a funeral, he's clearly shocked, but laughs it off and really appreciates her effort.

Dec 11, 2022 12:56 AM
Jan 2022
Can't the new girl just use her psychic power to make her fly like how the main girl did in the last ep?

Aug 14, 2023 11:33 PM

Jun 2020
Mao is insane ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Feb 24, 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
This anime never disappoints me!!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Apr 11, 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
They made Mao's closeness with Hina and Anzu obvious in the most adorable way possible. Her bothering to make the not-Wilsons bob up and down when they "spoke" was simultaneously a grim sign for her mental state and the best use of psychic abilities ever.

There's a special comfort knowing that even after how much she's grown, there are still things Hina just has to ...Hina her way through. Everything about that surprise gave me life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

225 by Jdmeesey »»
Apr 10, 8:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.