Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 3:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best episode of the arc so far. 16 episodes and finally Enshou is down. The fight itself was really cool. Enshou's weapon, being single and dual-wielded, being able to extend the beam at your will, plus being able to shoot projectiles, makes it super cool. Obi Hajime's got nothing on this guy. The dude even shoots laser from his shoes, lol.

Animation was better than usual, with some nice cuts. The artwork was really good, especially near the end when they used a brighter filter where color was coming off of the Kiheitai characters. Really added more to the scene. The overall episode was very well directed. And those lines from Takasugi at the end, they weren't in the manga, and it makes up for the skipped stuff from the last episode. Last bit got me a bit emotional ;_;

Not gonna lie, Umehara Yuuichirou not doing Enshou really ruined the experience for me. He was perfect as Enshou and the new VA's simply not good enough. Hopefully he gets well soon.
Modified by GoldenDevilGamer, Aug 8, 2018 4:01 PM

Aug 9, 2018 4:57 AM

Enshou abandoned his own brother to get his woman, what a dirty bastard!
Mutsu and Elizabeth were both hurt by that bastard but at least Takechi is still alive.
Takasugi's condition is probably the worst.

Aug 9, 2018 9:17 AM

Best episode in the arc so far, definitely, and one of the best episodes the series has served as well.

Everything was nailed perfectly, and the 3 Jouis fight was incredible. Takasugi is such a boss man.. I mean he is so BADASS *__*

Aug 9, 2018 9:36 AM

I love both Enshou's VA but yeah, Umehara doing Enshou was better. He is fine and will return to work soon, but the sad that Enshou is dead now.

Aug 12, 2018 4:47 PM

This episode was so full of bullshit, I'm tired of Sorachi pulling things out of his ass. Like, what the fuck dude, next you'll tell me that Enshou has a bomb rigged inside of his body that will kill everyone, or whatever other bullshit he can think of...Sigh, I'm just so tired...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 15, 2018 2:11 PM

Amazed that Enshou survived after that first stab, but that's anime for you. xD Epic fight, nonetheless.

Sep 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Please not Mutsu !!!

Sep 12, 2018 10:35 AM

Damn killed his own brother for the girl…now that was low. The intensity of the episode was so overwhelming.. I can’t just…. It really is the last season I hope not

Oct 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Another quite intensive episode, quite the great action! Let's see what's next.

Nov 24, 2018 2:35 AM
Especial episode,best of arc so far

Nov 25, 2018 8:45 PM
Dam, A lotta shi happened, lot of actions. Poor shinsuke, there were so many red flags of him dying but I bet hes not gonna die yet? For a character as big as him he needs a bigger stage for that.

Dec 20, 2018 11:25 AM

That prince is total scum. He let his brother died to steal his woman and even after doing so, can't even face her or his fears...

This ep is without a doubt the most intense and simply the best in the arc so far!
Starting from the clear difference in animation quality, and much more actual fights rather than just run and slash.
But of course what made all the fights in this ep so epic is how Katsura, Sakamoto and Takasugi amongst the others, gave their all to kill the prince with his OP as hell lightsabers!

Damn... Such a satisfying episode with a nice cliffhanger...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 8, 12:51 PM

Remember when Takasugi was the bad guy? Pepperidge farm remembers