Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 3:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Probably the episode that adapted the least amount of chapters so far (only 2 and a half-ish). The first segment was funny, with Gintoki commenting on how Takasugi appeared at the end of the last season and still stole the show. I guess that edgelord is hard to beat, lol XD

It was a really nice episode overall though, with some nice backstories for the Kiheitai members. The backstory segments had a really nice visual filter on it too, and the overall directing for the episode was cinematic-like.

Aug 9, 2018 4:56 AM

Lol, they killed me with the drain the pond part.
We finally saw the moment when the Kiheitai was formed, cool stuff.

Aug 10, 2018 1:17 PM

Holy fuck. Both the new OP and ED are fucking amazing!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Sep 12, 2018 10:34 AM

somehow it becomes more and more better the more I watch it… the last arc is literally to die for…

Oct 19, 2018 6:14 PM

An okay start and continuation of the previous season... I do wonder if they'll completely focus on action story again or if we'll also see some regular Gintama slapstick.

Nov 23, 2018 4:54 PM
This was a good first episode, looking forward to more of gin adventures.

Dec 18, 2018 11:53 AM

I forgot about the second part of the Silver Soul Arc!

The OP and Ed are great as expected from the modern Gintama.

Alright, this first episode served its purpose as a flash recap of the last season and an into to this season + some backstory relating to Takasugi which is great! I have been wanting to know how Matako, Bansai and Takechi got affiliated with Takasugi, even though it's only a quick backstory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 11, 10:32 AM

That pond scene was 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."