Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's great to see more of both mc and new characters this episode
The background art is seriously great
Aug 12, 2018 8:52 AM

Sep 2015
The way the mc's eyes turn all evil red... I fell in love haha. Seriously though, are all chinese anime this gorgeous? What else have I been missing on...
Nov 4, 2018 1:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second episode and the quality and rhythm were the same of the first episode, even the comical scenes and introduced new characters!
The fight against the big Tibetan statue was nice even the enormous bell was a surprise, although it failed!!!! kekeke
Nov 25, 2018 7:37 PM

Oct 2014
the timelines have me a little confused :') hope things are gonna get clarified soon~
Nov 25, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2018
fluffsnake said:
the timelines have me a little confused :') hope things are gonna get clarified soon~

I'm pretty sure everything after this episode was during the past, just the anime made Mo and Wei look exactly the same so you can't tell.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 26, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2014
BackstageMage said:
fluffsnake said:

I'm pretty sure everything after this episode was during the past, just the anime made Mo and Wei look exactly the same so you can't tell.

ok thought that was just me getting confused xD it got clearer now that I watched ep 3... I wonder why they chose to do that, it's weird
Dec 3, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
like the story has so many layers and it feel great too..
Dec 12, 2018 12:34 PM
Jan 2017
the plot seems a bit too confusing and the zombie element unfortunately does not seem as interesting as I'd hoped. I'm gonna drop this one.
Dec 16, 2018 6:46 AM

Jul 2015
Can't say I liked much these two first episodes, the animation and fight coreography are really nice but the extra length and big focus on action had me bored at times, not to mention that I can't get to remember the name of the characters at all.

I hope it gets better after this introduction.
Dec 16, 2018 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
MetaThPr4h said:
Can't say I liked much these two first episodes, the animation and fight coreography are really nice but the extra length and big focus on action had me bored at times, not to mention that I can't get to remember the name of the characters at all.

I hope it gets better after this introduction.

You're getting a flashback next.
Dec 16, 2018 11:03 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
First 2 episodes were totally epic! It's always cool to see a protagonist use the evil arts, in this case Wei is a necromancer!! Those zombie on zombie fights kicked ass, and Wei, the master and disciples of those 2 Clans are all cool / funny. I really like and understand that Chinese "Shidi" bond of treasured sincerity to passion from Han to Wei. This is 1000 X better than what is that boy's love of just flirting or sexual harassment with blushing romance
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 18, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2018
iamYuyaSakaki said:
First 2 episodes were totally epic! It's always cool to see a protagonist use the evil arts, in this case Wei is a necromancer!! Those zombie on zombie fights kicked ass, and Wei, the master and disciples of those 2 Clans are all cool / funny. I really like and understand that Chinese "Shidi" bond of treasured sincerity to passion from Han to Wei. This is 1000 X better than what is that boy's love of just flirting or sexual harassment with blushing romance

Hanguang-Jun isn't Wei WuXian's shidi, It's Jiang Cheng.
Boy's love isn't all sexual harassment, there are quite good BL that I've read that has no rape, I've read a lot of them actually, but if we talk about BL anime, most of the adapted ones aren't good at all, and it's sad that the good BL aren't getting animated, that's why I prefer reading good BL than watching BL anime. And we can't really compare Mo Dao Zu Shi to BL anime, due to censorship, however if we look at the novel, it's not like the usual BL since it takes way too long for the characters to get together.
SymphonyofNightDec 18, 2018 6:01 AM
Dec 18, 2018 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
For anyone who's confused with Mo and Wei, the latter has an 'antenna' on his bangs. Animation thus far is stellar with lots of foreshadowing and imagery, it's just a gem when the animators put so much work for you to stop and look at (much like a puzzle).
Dec 18, 2018 9:42 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
SymphonyofNight said:
iamYuyaSakaki said:

Boy's love isn't all sexual harassment, there are quite good BL that I've read that has no rape, I've read a lot of them actually, but if we talk about BL anime, most of the adapted ones aren't good at all, and it's sad that the good BL aren't getting animated, that's why I prefer reading good BL than watching BL anime. And we can't really compare Mo Dao Zu Shi to BL anime, due to censorship, however if we look at the novel, it's not like the usual BL since it takes way too long for the characters to get together.
my bad sorry wasn't so sure of the relationship at the start until the backstories
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 18, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2018
iamYuyaSakaki said:
SymphonyofNight said:

my bad sorry wasn't so sure of the relationship at the start until the backstories

Well at 2:57 minute in episode 1, it's said that Wei WuXian was killed by his "shidi Jiang Cheng", I guess you missed it since the subtitles is a bit fast.
Jan 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty good so far!
Mar 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Nov 2011
I don't understand nothing of this anime.. I can't remember the name, I hardly can distinguish characters' faces and I can't distinguish the voices..
Maybe because this is the first chinese anime I watch and I am not yet used to it ...
The animation and background art are top notch though ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 5, 2019 8:16 PM

Dec 2014
Good anime so far, but confusing af with all the characters, clans, etc. Hard to wrap my head around it all.
Apr 10, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2017
I will admit I am still a bit confused but that’s probably because I have so much trouble keeping up with the Chinese lol. I will also say that the art is absolutely captivating. I love it so much. And I’m starting to warm up to the characters as well. I really like when the MCs eyes turn red too. Red eyes are always nice lol
Apr 22, 2019 7:54 AM
Apr 2019
it takes just one word. awesome
Jun 8, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2013
I just finish the whole anime and watch again this episode, it's a lot more heartbreaking now, why Wen Ning become like that????
He deserve a better life..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 19, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2016
That ice cream advertisment in the middle caught me so off guard.
Apr 6, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2016
I have no idea what's going on but it seems like fun.

We really need to get a Lady Fighter at some point tho.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2020 10:27 PM
Sep 2020
It was pretty good but the timeline threw me off... Did some research and realized there was a novel, so I'll probably be dropping this to go read the novel and then come back to either watch the drama or the anime again. It definitely wasn't bad, but I think with such a complex timeline, it's better to look at the novel since it's the only one fully completed.
Sep 7, 2021 2:42 PM

Jan 2021
I just noticed that lan Zhan said that he’s gonna bring wwx back to his house (lan jia) and not cloud recess (gusu). 13 years really makes a man mature, my boy so assertive now.
Dec 18, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
Indreju said:
I just noticed that lan Zhan said that he’s gonna bring wwx back to his house (lan jia) and not cloud recess (gusu). 13 years really makes a man mature, my boy so assertive now.

ooh, that IS quite interesting;

i am re-watching this slightly less than a week after finishing it the first time
-and with all the reveals fresh in mind from the last episodes of the 3rd season, some of these scenes takes on an entirely new meaning;
like how i didn't pay any mind really to the songs played on the flute, and had another impression of Lan Zhang grabbing "Mo" and looking pretty intense, but knowing what i do now, of course it was a dead giveaway- in more ways than one.

i'm also paying extra much attention to Lan Zhan, from now on, and seeing what you said in your post there, me not knowing chinese, that was certainly an extra cherry on the top :3!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 27, 2021 2:05 AM

Mar 2012
Why does the guy look exactly same in the 20 years ago scene, isn't he summoned into someone else's body? The character designs for all characters look almost the same with little variations in hair style and color.
Jun 15, 2022 5:27 AM

Apr 2022
looking promising. the art looks so pretty! but yeah I think I am dumb because I am kinda confused too.
Nov 22, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2022
I love the series of wei wuxian and lan wangji

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

valkiriana - Oct 10, 2018

103 by HaruYing »»
Mar 24, 2:12 PM

» I thought anime/manga from other countries was not allowed on MAL?

Kimiko-chan - Dec 14, 2020

5 by senekohan »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

» I'm telling you

egosumjohn - Dec 8, 2023

7 by Watch_Kuranado »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 8 Discussion

valkiriana - Aug 23, 2018

31 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:30 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 1 Discussion

Stardew - Aug 8, 2018

43 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.