Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ended on a happy note with a two month time skip in the end finale.

After everything they've been through, it's safe to say that Kaname and Hiyori will remain to be great friends after their reunion.
There wasn't much action in the series' finale but I don't think it was needed either. It got all its points across for what the show offered.

Tbh, I think this series ended up being a surprising one. Much more refreshing than I had thought originally. Felt like a series with character discovery. Hiyori seems happy with her current life.
Aug 8, 2018 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
Happy ending :)
Hopefully a sequel or movie soon.
Aug 8, 2018 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
I surprisingly really enjoyed this one, glad I stuck with it. The fights were great, the OST was good and the characters were lovable.

Wouldn't mind a sequel.

Aug 8, 2018 9:04 PM
Jan 2016
That last episode really impressed me, we could at least meet Hiyori's mother and kanami's mother, really emotional for me, i am really happy with this ending, i will miss this show as well, Hiyori and Kanami resolved his problems with their mother, Kogari really cute btw :)

That ending in tournament at last battle with Hiyori vs
Kanami was well made!
Aug 10, 2018 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was.... a nice mother-daughter reunion.

I have some issues with the anime like Kanami's personality, the plot armor, bad decisions, the generic first episode, bad use of CGI and some wasted characters (the two other princesses) but it was a decent ending. There was some characters that I liked, others not so much. It was nothing good or bad just a very average show. I enjoy it. 3/5 for the episode. 5/10 for the anime.
NurguburuAug 10, 2018 10:28 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 20, 2018 7:57 AM
Feb 2016
Cant believe im enjoy a show with all girls cast for first time
Really hoping to see their reaction when the two returns and hana blushing is so cute
Cant wait for the movie hopefully itll be a good one this series have a lot more potential if only it were given the chance
Aug 28, 2018 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
Best show this year, what wild ride. CGs are really impressive. If you know swordfights you will appreciate this show. The movements are realistic yet still entertaining.
Dec 30, 2018 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
2 months have passed.
Kanami has a onii-chan?
Hiyori found Kanami.
Minato and Kagari reunite.
Hiyori-san? lol
A fight.
Dat OP insert song.
Tagitsu appears.
Mai.
Ellen oppai.
Yukina in a wheelchair. lol
I want to be in that bed with Yukari.
Kanami and Hiyori are the final competitors.

And that was the end. It was good. The OP and ED songs were good as well. I'll miss my waifu's Yukari, Mai, and Ellen. Nene the GOAT!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 21, 2019 4:14 AM

Aug 2014
Nurguburu said:
The ending was.... a nice mother-daughter reunion.

I have some issues with the anime like Kanami's personality, the plot armor, bad decisions, the generic first episode, bad use of CGI and some wasted characters (the two other princesses) but it was a decent ending. There was some characters that I liked, others not so much. It was nothing good or bad just a very average show. I enjoy it. 3/5 for the episode. 5/10 for the anime.

Welp this kinda sums up my thoughts.

I won't give it that low though.

Still the first few episodes might really generic and discouraging for viewers.

The two other Princesses​ could be really a great character for ending following Human living together with Aratama wether the Princesses united as one or they finally separated as a different entity to support each other but they just scrap away their character like man Takiri-hime development is really good in that 1 episode then she gone like nothing ever happened.
Following later Ichikishima also dumped after combined herself with Hiyori like she was never there despite 3 of the princess actually have different personality but its like Hiyori controlled by Tagitsu-hime instead of Ichikishima (when Yukari herself said the reason she can barely control her humanity was because Ichikishima) but Hiyori being almost unable to control it doesn't make any sense at all.

I was really expecting them to have a good ending where Aratama and Human live together but it seems the story continues with them killing each other and ironically Tagitsu-hime ended up stuck in that world along with their mother until they finally goner. That was quite funny resolution because it could've been something better and their mother parting could be used in a better way separating it from the Princesses.

Yukina probably won't the best ass character on 2018 for me.
It does a great job making me hate her.
RIP Yomi, if you were treated better you may have survived this shitfest.

Also the S-Equipment or whatever that thing is also badly explained and does almost nothing to story other than "Enhance the Toji User" with badly designed Mecha shenanigans.
If they actually follow the tittle they could've use the Miko or Shrine maiden design made from Noro development to enhance the user instead of somekind of half assed Mecha.

It has so many potential but it doesn't show much and when it was shown ,its dumped like the Princesses and S-EQUIPMENT.

This anime also suffered badly from some action scene.
I don't mind it being a CGI but at least use it more freely instead just slashing around and step flash on almost every movement.

The Movement/Style also not so useful in the end.

Shame but i like it, it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Apr 19, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2015
OMG this is such a good episode. Both really close best friends and mother/daughter relationships in one scene my heart cant take it, but I want more !

Such a good way to end the series the way it began. Love series that do this.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2016
Virgin Aradama God

Self proclaimed god and still takes human form because ugly 1/4th of a giant shroom

Dual wielding edgelord school slasher

Inferior twin tails

Blackmails and drugs school kids because not strong enough

Got stabbed by 2 just out of elementary school students

No leadership, failed god, absolute try hard

Vs

Chad Kanami

Literally sword fights in her dreams

Based single sword thic thigh style shits on sanic with simple form

Superior side tail

Protects her own opponent from elite guards because yes

Doesn't even get touched by god instilled Hiyori and Tagitsu gg no re

Speaks in kenjutsu and loves her enemies

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you loli school slashing bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Minoseki Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous assault operations on aradamas, and I have over 300 confirmed decapitations. I am trained in Yagyu Shrinkage Ryu and I’m the top fencer in the entire Five Traditions. You are nothing to me but just another straw mat. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Nippon, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Yanase intelligence across Japan and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the tamahagane edge, maggot. The edge that cuts out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, twintail-er. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my sheath. Not only am I extensively trained in kenjutsu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Special Religious Police and I will use it to its full extent to slice your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you inferior dejected shroom. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit edge all over you and you will drown in my tamahagane steel. You’re fucking dead, lolishit.

waldexApr 24, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 11, 2019 8:25 PM

Sep 2011
The plot armor was thick with this one. It was a difficult series to judge. I don't know if I came out liking or hating it. For every thing it does really well it does something irredeemably poorly. Some scenes were absolutely gorgeous and some scenes were downright offensive. In some places the writing was really strong. In other places it is like they gave it to a high school student intern. Some things go for so long without explanation and other gaping plot holes are just straight up ignored. The final two episodes were just a "rest of the owl" in writing form. There were two extremely fascinating characters in the form of the other princesses that were just passed over.

Overall the series was watchable and slightly better than average, but the writing was by far the weakest aspect of this series.
Sep 13, 2019 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Well that was a decent show, anything that I actually make it through 24 episodes of must have entertained me. Would have liked to see more of the other princesses other than just Tagitsu but I enjoyed the relationship between the girls.

The fights were a bit hit or miss, a lot of them in the first half had some absolutely terrible cgi but most of them in second half looked really good so I guess it evens out?

Still sad Yume died so early. 7/10.
Oct 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
I liked the moment of Hiyori and Kanami with their mothers, I was touched so bad there. More especially with Hiyori and hers, it was truly touching and very emotional. Her mother was able to lay things for her and her hatred for Yukari, I liked how she explained how things went down twenty years ago. How Minato sacrificed her lifespan to save her from sealing Tagitsuhime, and how Yukari sacrificed her body to seal her inside. I think that burden has been lifted from her and will be able to move on with her new friends.

I see everyone had a happy ending, except of course Yomi and Yume who didn't make it to the end. But I liked also how Yukina was able to change and show compassion in the end to Yomi, after all the girl did sacrifice herself for her. In some sense she was like a mother despite her ill-treatment. Suzuka is catching some shoujo ai feelings there for Maki, how nice. While Sayaka has racked up a tremendous number of suppressions in a short time, how incredible! Ellen is her old self, nothing changed there. Kaoru has also not changed, with her laid back attitude towards Sana. Almost everyone had a good ending, more importantly the coming back Hiyori and Kanami. Holding hands like that, damn that was sweet!

To be honest I didn't enjoy this anime at all. If it wasn't for the 23rd and 24th episodes, I would have given it a 4 but they kinda took me back. The first half was the only decent arc, and then they went haywire on the second half. The whole splitting in three ways by Tagitsuhime from Yukari was a bit mediocre and lacked any substantial writing. The story became all over the place and very yawning! I also didn't bond that much with the characters, as they lacked proper development. The action scenes were a joke, and those "sacrificial" moments by Yukari and Hiyori were lame AF. Were those suppose to be cool, like "I'll take you to the netherworld with me", then they will be stopped of course. Wtf?

Those stone armors were also lame as dog shit!

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 12, 2020 7:36 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, mixed feelings here.

- The 1st cour was good, 7/10

- The 2nd cour I didn´t enjoy much, kinda boring and many underwhelming and rushed moments; there is also some inconsistencies regarding power level. The 2nd cour is the root of the problem of this anime.

- So, I was ready to give a 5/10 but this last episode saved it and now I am at ease to give it a 6/10.

-----

CONCLUSION: In general, I was expecting to enjoy much more of this anime, even though I wasnt expecting much from the plot (which had potential) and specially because there was no cliche male character.

In the end, 6/10

TechOtakuNov 12, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 24, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
It was a very emotional and beautiful mother-daughter reunion.

Unfortunately, the reunion with their friends was skipped. I was waiting for that moment so much, but oh well.

Overall, this was a very good show. Awesome sword action, good animation and cute characters. Not so much to complain about, but the first half of the story was more interesting than the second one.

SerafosMar 13, 3:12 AM
Oct 20, 2022 9:21 PM
Jul 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ended on a happy note with a two month time skip in the end finale.

After everything they've been through, it's safe to say that Kaname and Hiyori will remain to be great friends after their reunion.
There wasn't much action in the series' finale but I don't think it was needed either. It got all its points across for what the show offered.

Tbh, I think this series ended up being a surprising one. Much more refreshing than I had thought originally. Felt like a series with character discovery. Hiyori seems happy with her current life.
so did it have any sad parts sine you said it ends on a good note
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
Been quite a long time I binged a 24 ep in one sitting. 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 23 Discussion

Rob - Dec 30, 2018

1 by Serafos »»
Jul 24, 2021 8:10 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 22 Discussion

Rob - Dec 30, 2018

2 by Serafos »»
Jul 24, 2021 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.