Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2018 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, they're getting ready to make use of that time machine.

Mayuri is starting to also regain her confidence even though she still feels a bit scared and emotional. Suzuha obviously knows the risk of going back in the past though. I think every character in this series realizes that but it may be their only option to make things right, especially in that Alpha World Line.

I have to give praise to Mayuri's VA this episode. She really bought out the emotions in her character.
Damn, Okabe looks broken.
Stark700Aug 8, 2018 9:22 AM
Aug 8, 2018 9:30 AM

Apr 2015
Oh crap, they are adapting arc-light and V&A.

The constant repetition of time and Suzuha actually shot Okabe.

Chaotic but amazing.

This episode takes the cake for having the most trolling cliffhanger in anime.

6/5
Aug 8, 2018 10:20 AM

Nov 2015
And now we are in the most awesome and epic episodes of the VN.
Aug 8, 2018 11:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, man...
Aug 8, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
Holy shit! That was amazing.

Watching Mayuri cry her heart out saying she loved Okarin was so heartbreaking. She's normally the most cheerful one but watching her cry like that just gets me. :(

I didn't expect Suzuha to actually fire at Okabe, I know she probably won't kill him but fact that she was willing to incapacitate him if required was pretty scary.

When that Dmail from Daru popped up saying there might be a new way to reach Steins;Gate I was super excited and intrigued on how they were gonna do it but the moment those soldiers surrounded Suzuha and took Mayuri hostage I was a little shocked. Just when you think there might be something, they destroy it.
Arclight is a really cool name for a mission, leave it to Daru to name them operations right. XD

The action sequence at the end was really cool, Suzuha using her hidden knife in the time machine to turn the table was epic.

Mayushii!!! Is there really no hope for her survival as long as time machines are involved? T.T
Okabe is gonna lose it completely now.

Wonder what Kagari plans to do.

Can't wait for next week and good to be back on MAL. :)

Aug 8, 2018 11:19 AM
Mar 2017
Even with 23 episodes and mostly linear progression I feel like too many good chapters will be left out...

This episode completely blew my expectations, the voice acting and animation were great. 6/5

Aug 8, 2018 11:24 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great Episode! Emotions, feels and action, all in top-notch motion!

Finally, just when they were inches away from making use of the time machine and knowing what the future Daru’s message contained. Gah, how infuriating! On another note, though, Okabe’s condition is worsening a lot! Like, he literally looks like a zombie now. Mayuri’s possible death could just wreck him in half. I wonder what Kagari is up to now though.

Looks like we’re in for another ripper next week! Can’t wait!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
It seriously breaks my heart seeing Mayuri cry and how she confessed that she loved Okabe was really heartbreaking!
-
This was really a great episode and loved it and can't wait for next week!

Aug 8, 2018 11:30 AM
Aug 2018
if i would like to play VN from that episode where i should begin ?
Aug 8, 2018 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
Finally, it looks like this last batch of episodes will really get things going from here on out. The last several episodes (aside from last week's) have felt kind of dull, with a lot of meandering. Some interesting tidbits of info, maybe a dramatic cliffhanger, but then the next episode would be more of the same, with little to no payoff. Well it looks like we're finally in the "payoff" part of the anime.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Okabe's awakening is coming. I think seeing Mayuri dead will be a trigger for Kagari. Also, I'm a bit disappointed with the shooting scene. The soldiers either stood there doing nothing or missed surprisingly bad for a short distance like this. The episode is still good, especially on the emotional side, so it isn't a big deal for me
Aug 8, 2018 11:44 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was mostly fine, but it is the first time I feel like the anime couldn't match the impact of the VN. The presentation seemed rather weak.. I wish the episode went a bit further but I guess it's not that bad after all.

suprimekai said:
if i would like to play VN from that episode where i should begin ?

Reading the VN while watching the anime isn't a good idea. You will only get more confused, we aren't sure how the anime will continue to be honest. It is combining many scenes from different routes and also adding more material from other sources while also containing original changes, it feels different even though the story is still mostly the same. The cliffhanger in this episode didn't happen the same way in the VN.
AquamirrorAug 8, 2018 11:54 AM
Aug 8, 2018 11:57 AM

Aug 2015
When you finally recovered from last weeks episode and they come back kicking you down again.
That's how i feel right now...

My feelings hurt
Aug 8, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
ZeSpeed said:
When you finally recovered from last weeks episode and they come back kicking you down again.
That's how i feel right now...

My feelings hurt

Feeling the same, except I watched both episodes today (was behind schedule) so the impact is huge T_T
Aug 8, 2018 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
Sad episode, especially after seeing that drop of blood in the end

Aug 8, 2018 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
No, no, no, no!
I don't want to see Mayushii dying again!
Aug 8, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
Holy that ending i was not ready for that
Aug 8, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2016
This episode didn't gave a break after the emotional previous episode.

I wonder how they'll get away with this. Damn, Mayuri won't die right? because they're still in the beta worldline and according to this worldline's attractor field, she still alive in the future.
Aug 8, 2018 12:46 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, this anime should just be renamed Feels;Gate 0.
That shooting scene at the end was kinda mediocre tho, this isn't supposed to be Star Wars with Stormtroopers.
Aug 8, 2018 12:51 PM
Mar 2017
Can we say that mayuri is the Sean bean of anime ?
Aug 8, 2018 1:28 PM
Mar 2018
I have played both the VNs and id have to say. The anime is adapted well and is clearly awesome. Though i really cant tell what is going to happen as there are lots of variations.

So ill not be considering anything that happens in the VN and give my thoughts
Though some of the *thoughts* i have, can be influenced by me reading the VN, unconsciously.
Anyone who thinks about what has happened so far with a logical mind can get to the thoughts i have. But its not probable . I believed i had similar doubts and thoughts when i encountered similar situations.

Nothing i say under the spoiler tag is actually a spoiler BUT it may not be ehat u want to see... As u may want to explore these ideas on ur own.

Or maybe im wrong and my thoughts are in fact plotholes.
Read at your own discretion

What will okabe do now? He was already in a half dead state. Now hes going to go full-on zombie mode.

Mayuri crying broke my heart. She loves okabe so much...
Yet has opted to try and find a worldline in which Makise Kurisu lives, a person who she considers okabe's love and hence her rival,just so okabe is happy
I want to cry so much. Will mayuri ever find true happiness? :'(

The VN readers will prolly know a few od the answers. Tho i believe i shouldn't rely on the information from other sources appart from what we have so far from the anime
Vegeta0007Aug 8, 2018 1:44 PM
Aug 8, 2018 1:34 PM

Feb 2016
Aug 8, 2018 1:37 PM
Sep 2017
Oh no, not again... :(
Aug 8, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
I swear this show is like waiting for something to happen but it never happens. This episode was good and all but are we gonna spend the whole anime trying to convince Okabe to get in the time machine? Can't we just throw Okabe in deep shit again and see him struggling again? I am tired of seeing emo and sad Okabe at this point.

This episode was good but PLEASE pick up the plot from here on. I am tired of just waiting for shit to hit the fans.
Aug 8, 2018 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, i thought Suzuha would kill them all.
Aug 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
I show this show is like waiting for something to happen but it never happens. This episode was good and all but are we gonna spend the whole anime trying to convince Okabe to get in the time machine? can't we just throw Okabe in deep shit again and see him struggling again?

Seems like he is in deep shit after this ending, don't you think?
Aug 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2016
Please, kill me, I can't stand on a timeline where Mayushi is so heartbroken

That cliffhanger tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
Aquamirror said:
Devil_Slayer said:
I show this show is like waiting for something to happen but it never happens. This episode was good and all but are we gonna spend the whole anime trying to convince Okabe to get in the time machine? can't we just throw Okabe in deep shit again and see him struggling again?

Seems like he is in deep shit after this ending, don't you think?

It's the usual "get in the time machine Okabe" thing. I was fan of the whole concept of jumping between timeline and trying to save everyone while going insane.

I am not hating on this season but It just feels different.
Aug 8, 2018 1:46 PM
Mar 2018
cronoSpirA said:
This episode didn't gave a break after the emotional previous episode.

I wonder how they'll get away with this. Damn, Mayuri won't die right? because they're still in the beta worldline and according to this worldline's attractor field, she still alive in the future.

Suzuha did receive a d mail(or video) leading to a change in worldline . Nobody knoes if mayuri lives on this worldline
Aug 8, 2018 1:59 PM
Jun 2016
I really disagree with steins gate 0 being ranked so high even though most of the starting episodes were nothing but filler and boring. Please reply to me how much steins gate 0 means to you and why I am too dumb to understand it.
Aug 8, 2018 2:05 PM
Mar 2018
Aquamirror said:

More speculations
Vegeta0007Aug 8, 2018 2:16 PM
Aug 8, 2018 2:10 PM

Feb 2016
Vegeta0007 said:
Aquamirror said:

More speculations

Aug 8, 2018 2:34 PM
Mar 2018
Aquamirror said:
Vegeta0007 said:

More speculations

Speculations

One extra thing
Vegeta0007Aug 8, 2018 2:52 PM
Aug 8, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
Bear in mind that none of these spoiler buttons have any spoiler on them. Though they have speculations.
I suggest ppl to read them if they are good at theorycrafting.
As u may have already reached these conclusions and can potentially help me out here as well
Aug 8, 2018 3:05 PM

Sep 2017
Haven't played VN.

So Mayuri dying here is pretty crazy and gets weird with time stuff. Firstly, Daru said the world line changed in that message meaning it's possible for Mayuri to die (otherwise she would have to live to raise Kagari in the future). He said the world line changed due to the actions of Mayuri and Suzuka. I'm thinking this is because of Mayuri choosing to time travel.

But how would future Daru know? Reading Steiner could have kicked in as we know it has happened for other characters in the past. I think that's most likely. Was Okabe alive in the original line where Suzuha traveled back in time? I'm pretty sure he wasn't, so he couldn't be there to tell Daru about a line change. Unless the line changing brought Okabe back to life and then he's like "O, wtf bro I'm alive now. Better tell Daru the line changed", but I'm thinking that's pretty nonsense.

Finally, If Mayuri does die here then obviously Kagari wasn't raised by her, so if that was her looking over Mayuri's dead body she shouldn't really care.

Anyway if she is dead we are clearly gonna finish the phone wave and bring back the time leaps, so I'm excited for that.

Aug 8, 2018 3:06 PM

Dec 2016
HereticHunter said:
Please, kill me, I can't stand on a timeline where Mayushi is so heartbroken

That cliffhanger tho

Surely she has to be dead after we see the blood dripping down her face. There's going to be some time leaping coming soon I'd say.
Aug 8, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

I didn't expect Suzuha to actually fire at Okabe, I know she probably won't kill him but fact that she was willing to incapacitate him if required was pretty scary.

Yeah, I was questioning Suzaha's actions since she seemed so heartless about the whole thing. her reaction was way over the top
Aug 8, 2018 3:12 PM
Jul 2014
I really hope we'll be getting the Promised Rinascimento route animated. The amount of feels I got from that was...

also, we have 6 episodes left, though one of the major plot point from the VN hasn't been animated yet. Hopefully they don't mull over that plot point. But after seeing this episode, there was a subtle hint at the plot point so I think it should fine. BUt there's so much that, I feel that hasn't been animated, and probably can't be in these 6 episodes. Depending on how this series ends it could continue in a season 2. But I doubt it cause, almost all of the routes have been animated.
Unleashed_SMAug 8, 2018 3:17 PM
Aug 8, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2017
this episode was crazy. probably the best one so far. im looking forward to see whats next,whats gonna happen with mayushii, suzu and everyone else. i dont think i can wait 2 weeks...
Aug 8, 2018 4:12 PM

Nov 2016
My poor Mayushii,her emotional outburst was so painful to watch.

And after the rather calm episodes of the last weeks, we finally got some action, shit went really down. Just hope Mayuri is daijoubu.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 8, 2018 4:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I think I can safely say at this moment that the anime is turning out to be much better than the VN. I love how they turned the VN's dual-route story into a singular one, merging route plot-points or replacing them with their own anime-original ones. The VN was amazing, but it's presentation was messy. The anime seems to be fixing that.

Unlike the original Steins;Gate, where it's turning point was in the middle, S;G 0 is more about building up its climax.

The only iffy thing was that the soldiers kinda came out of nowhere, and many of them were just standing (or terribly missing their shots) when Suzuha was attacking. Other than that, powerful episode. Mayuri made me cry again during the first half. Jeez, sad Mayuri is too much for me T_T
GoldenDevilGamerAug 9, 2018 1:18 PM
Aug 8, 2018 4:14 PM

Apr 2016
I really didn't expect Mayuri to confess her to love of Okabe like that! I knew that she really did love him but I always felt she knew she wasn't the right person for him, which is sort of sad and somewhat relatable.
...And with that Mayuri is dead again. How many times must we see her die...?
Aug 8, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2011
2018's biggest mystery:

where the hell did those soldiers pop up from at the end of the episode ? they definitely did not go up the stairs because okabe was there after getting shot, so he would have noticed or he would have been the first being dealt with, did they climb the building ? in the middle of the fucking day ? did they land there with a heli ? if that's the case did they not hear that heli approaching ? the fuck am i watching man
Aug 8, 2018 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
I know this episode wanted to be as emotional as the last but if the animation can't keep up with the tone as hype of the moment, some enjoyment will go down hill.
Still, I'm gonna rewatch it tomorrow to be surge of that.
Aug 8, 2018 4:53 PM

Feb 2013
I’m really hoping for these final eps to be packed with goodness! A lot of eps have been like not much happening and then OMG BOMB DROP IN LAST 2 MINUTES!! which frustrated me.
Aug 8, 2018 4:55 PM

Jan 2016
Ahhh we're finally at that part!

I liked the episode but the last 3 minutes were awful. The gunmen surrounded Suzuha without her noticing and Mayuri suddenly screaming and baaam they're magically surrounded. Also, they just let Suzuha shot her way through them without shooting back. Sloppy, I´m disappointed White Fox

If they can only nail
I'll be set for life!

Aug 8, 2018 5:42 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
2018's biggest mystery:

where the hell did those soldiers pop up from at the end of the episode ? they definitely did not go up the stairs because okabe was there after getting shot, so he would have noticed or he would have been the first being dealt with, did they climb the building ? in the middle of the fucking day ? did they land there with a heli ? if that's the case did they not hear that heli approaching ? the fuck am i watching man

I think the VN had helicopter sounds IIRC. My stupid useless notes just say "Oh hello, men", with no elaboration on it so maybe it's one of those moments. Did you watch Disney's Mulan? They could've done what the Huns did to climb the Great Wall of China at the beginning.

Also, what a perfect day for MAL's forums to return! Thank you, MAL!

I'm surprised nobody acknowledged the return of the dreaded timestamp of death. Remember episode twelve of the OG series when they flashed 8/13 up on the screen over and over again? They did that again only for Tanabata in this episode.
Aug 8, 2018 6:12 PM

Oct 2013
What the hell just happened. Being Mayuri really is suffering, poor girl.

Aug 8, 2018 6:22 PM

Nov 2015
That cliffhanger. It actually annoys me that they left the episode there XD

Katsura janai, Zura da

Aug 8, 2018 7:14 PM

Nov 2017
They hurt Kagari's mama!

Kagari rampage incoming.
Sent from my Jitterbug using the Tapatalk app
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2018

190 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.