Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2018 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
More trouble is coming for Nitta.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 22, 2018 6:45 AM

Sep 2008
This is now one of my favourite comedy anime.
Sep 23, 2018 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
Cliffhanger wtf.

Oct 2, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2009
Well I'm glad I finally finished it. Really can't see how this has a 8/10 rating. Was average at best ๐Ÿ‘
Oct 5, 2018 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Never thought that Hina would reveal her secret xD I thought she would say that it was hallucinations xD
So happy that Mao will meet her friends! Glad that guy was the one to help her, in the end, the world is smaller than we think ;)

It was a great anime, but after episode 7 something happened that made it feel different, at least for me.
I wouldn't mind a 2S because i would like to see Mao, Hina , Anzu and Hitomi all together xD The gang hahaha

My only complaint about this anime is that after episode 7/8 it seems like something changed because the moments that were supposed to be sad and serious were turned instantly into fun or "nothing happened", like when Hina came back and Nitta was partying or when Nitta tried to change Anzu and some other parts, i wasn't a big fan of that, and it was a big let down for me.
Basically, the parts where it was supposed to be sad, they didn't allow that "sadness" to develop because it was instantly changed to a funny situation.

I was expecting some development for the homeless people.

Will miss this ED, one of the best.
Hope for a 2nd season.
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 11, 2018 11:53 PM

Apr 2015
NOOOO!!!
Where's the rest of the episode?!?!

oh man... I want more episode of Mao. Her action scene is really cool.

Hope we get another season...
Oct 24, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
10 / 10 for me. I love stories of animes that develop their characters the right way.

If a second season ever happens, we're guaranteed to see teenage versions of the girls in high school. Make it happen please!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 27, 2018 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
I just finished this today and I gotta say that was an amazing journey. There was also that scene that was shown in the first episode. I love it! I hope there will be a season 2 for this!
Oct 31, 2018 4:06 AM

Mar 2017
really needs a season 2

also, didn't know that the whole series was actually just one big flashback. don't know if I'll be glad about that since the comedy partly comes from the cast's immaturity
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 20, 2018 8:12 PM

Mar 2013
Teenage Mao is a badass. As that final section was three years in the future, I hope we get a season 2 so we can see how Hina and Anzu have changed in that time too.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 29, 2018 2:24 PM

Oct 2012
It's been a while now, but that scene where Mao stops the robot-thingy and stuff seemed REALLY nostalgic. Was that a reference to something?
Dec 1, 2018 3:28 PM
Nov 2018
This anime was just absolute greatness.
Easy 10.
Dec 1, 2018 3:31 PM
Nov 2018
elfprincess99 said:
Season 2 literally when?
I haven't had a comedy show make me laugh out loud this much in a long time. Just from this episode, the "are they... trying to be the ginger?" got me good.
Damn I just need more Nitta and Hitomi reaction faces in my life

Have you watched Asobi asobase!?, cause if you like comedy then you should watch it.
Dec 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
well... this was epic
Jan 1, 2019 10:03 PM
Jul 2011
When I saw the ending credits I double checked the timestamp. xD But then I forgot the prologue from episode 1. I'm surprised they made a separate ending credits.

This show is so hilarious, I hope they make Season 2. 10/10
Jan 5, 2019 3:57 AM

Feb 2017
Love this anime. An 8/10 for being extremely wholesome
Jan 10, 2019 5:57 PM
Dec 2018
AivanK said:

It was a great anime, but after episode 7 something happened that made it feel different, at least for me.

So I'm not the only one that noted that, right?
Jan 10, 2019 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Albioune said:

So I'm not the only one that noted that, right?

Apparently not, since you also noticed that :(
I loved the first half so much, i don't know what happened after that but it destroyed why i liked the first half.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 11, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2016
Loved this anime~ It made me laugh when it wanted me to laugh and it made me cry where it wanted me to cry. The superb art quality and animation is just the icing on the cake for this one. From the way the anime ended, it gave a wide opening for another season to continue where it left plus the other unadapted chapters and I'm looking forward to watching it as well.

I actually forgot about the fighting sequence from the first episode being reused until it finished but now that it somehow made sense now, I was more impressed over how fluid the fighting was. I'd love to see how Hina, Anzu, and the others looked after the timeskip.
That machine Mao demonstrated her Superhuman Style on was definitely Mechazawa from Cromatie lmao

Jan 16, 2019 9:16 AM
Nov 2009
^I was thinking that machine looked kinda familiar hahaha.

Decent show, lots of funny and sad moments. Ep 6 is still my favorite episode. Hopefully Hina gets some development from the time-skip.
Jan 23, 2019 5:57 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
That fight choreography was phenomenal. Mao for the win.

Honestly this was such a breathe of fresh air. I actually liked the combination of comedy and drama back and forth, it didn't feel so tonal whiplash because it was so episodic in a way. I don't really imagine life being whole stream lines of depressing and great times. People have good and bad days, so did these girls and it felt down to earth in that way even with the powers and the dramatics. Wholesome characters and though some of them weren't all "good" doesn't mean they weren't multifaceted.

I hope for a second season, I wish the manga was completed but sadly it isn't.

8/10

Jan 30, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2016
wasnt as fun as i was hoping, guess the comedy style and format (half eps whatever theyre called) isnt my cup of coffee.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2015
I finally got around to watching and finishing this anime. It was really quite enjoyable.
I was hesitant at first, if it was all going to be just about Hina and her powers. But surprisingly that kinda took a back seat to all the other character interactions. Really nice blend of comedy and story. I really hope there's a second season to continue everyone's story!
Feb 4, 2019 7:24 PM

Dec 2016
I almost lost it when Hitomi slapped Hina xD but in some way, I think she deserved it. (?

But that aside, though Mao couldn't reunite with Anzu and Hina (yet), she now knows where they are and is already on her way to see them again.
Feb 5, 2019 4:06 AM
Oct 2018
This was an amazing series, but to be honest, this last episode was pretty weak. Episode 11, with the Nitta documentary, was considerably better. They should have worked that into a finale, and done these stories first.
Feb 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
If only the rest of the anime could've been more like the second half of the last episode, then this anime would be so much better....
Not that I dislike it, but I also don't get the praise it gets. For me it was only average. Maybe because I've heard from several people that the comedy is amazing, which is the reason I've wanted to watch it in the first place. But yeah, what a disappointment. Some scenes were mildly amusing, but I never once laughed out loud; guess it's just not my type of comedy.

Still, it was a nice Slice of Life and Anzu is definitely best girl <3
Feb 23, 2019 7:47 PM

Apr 2012
I want second season. xD
Feb 25, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2012
Bit disappointed in this one. Was pretty bored a lot of the time.

Anzu without a doubt was the highlight for me. My god she is so precious. I loved pretty much every scene with her. Nitta was generally pretty funny as well. Hitomi was hit or miss. Also we pretty much have only seen Mao for a half an episode, but I think if I saw more of her I'd like her enough.

Not all the jokes landed, which gets annoying when half the episode is set up for something I just don't find funny. I didn't care for pretty much any of them that involved the school besides the debacle with Mami. So much cringe ;-;. Also didn't like Hina at all. She's just kind of a brat, was rarely ever funny and the only times her scenes worked for me was when the organization teacher lady and Anzu were following her to try and catch her doing bad stuff.

Probably gonna be a 6/10 for me, carried by Anzu being best daughter and Nitta for being pretty funny.
EternalSerenityFeb 27, 2019 7:14 PM
Mar 5, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2012
so so glad I decided to give this a try, easily the best comedy of the year so far for me (and will take something great to top it) I did find the last 2/3 episodes weren't as strong as the first half of the show, but that's just me being nit picky and due to the others just being such high quality! But still a solid 8 for me very much hope we get a second season!!!
Mar 10, 2019 1:23 AM

Oct 2013
Anzu is still the best super loli, finally they showed us about what happened to Mao kinda feel bad for her stranded in random island and ended up in Chine for 3 years without knowing anyone beside her 2 wodden dolls, she deserves better like Hina and Anzu, i want to know what happen next when Mao meet them and i want to see the grown up Hina and Anzu, i hope there'll another season.

Overall score 8/10
Apr 13, 2019 6:22 PM
Dec 2014
Great comedy serie I like how they are transmitting messages within the comedy 8/10.Now if the second season will have a great plot and keep the comedy to that level I feel it will be 9/10.I wonder if the manga is comedy & action like Gintama and Katekyล Hitman Reborn
Apr 19, 2019 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't like it although I love dramedy. Argh, I had high expectations for it!

First of all, I think it got better after episode 6 but wasn't as fun as I had expected.

I found Hina quite annoying. Of course, there are some funny moments, like Hina breaking her leg or Hitomi's reactions... But they aren't enough for me. Also, some lessons had obviously bad messages.

I guess it isn't my cup of tea.

5.5/10
Apr 23, 2019 6:06 AM

Mar 2018
WATASHI WA SMARTFONE GAAA
Apr 25, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2017
Come on, how can you end a show with a cliffhanger like this and never make a second season

May 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Sep 2017
Solid last episode. Not sure if I'm totally okay with how they ended it in that I wish Mao could have met up, but the episode was still enjoyable. I guess as a whole the show was just good. Wasn't anything exceptional, and there are definitely better comedies out there (some shows are able to pull off dramedy better imo, such as Gintama, which although not a true 1-1 comparison still manages to pull off both drama and comedy better than Hinamatsuri did). Despite these criticisms, I could see myself recommending it to someone down the line. 7/10.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 7:36 PM
May 19, 2019 2:43 AM

Feb 2018
It doesn't feel it's over. The very end is there any news about Seasson 2? He can stop a robot like that especially Hina who does it is inconceivable.
May 19, 2019 8:13 AM

Aug 2018
I liked it, it gave me a good laugh a bunch of times. Anzu is the best girl. I hope it gets a season 2 but it doesn't seem to be popular and it seems the sales were also not good so it probably won't happen.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 12, 2019 8:58 AM

Oct 2012
So that's what the first episode is all about
Sucks though, the ending is big cliffhanger

I just want to see Anzu and her smile for the one last time :(
"Signature removed"
Jun 28, 2019 3:22 AM

Jun 2012
Terrible way to end a season. Perfectly good episode, but as a possibly final ending...kind of sucks.
Jul 7, 2019 2:59 AM

Dec 2013
The first part was sort of rushed but it was nice to see Mao again, and after 3 years??? I hope there will be season 2

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jul 22, 2019 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
I just marathoned this series and I have to say, I was absolutely stunned. When I heard the premise for this show, I thought it was too absurd to possibly be good, but I thought it had a wonderful mix of comedy and feel good moments.

What surprised me the most was just how invested I was in the feel good moments. I practically ate up everything involving Anzu. It was so awesome seeing her practically rise up from the bottom and have a great appreciation for every little thing she has.

It was also so heartbreaking seeing Mao go through that mental breakdown on the deserted island. I feel bad for anyone who feels isolated like that.
Jul 28, 2019 3:33 PM
Jun 2016
This anime is so hilarious so much laughters 8/10.
Aug 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Mar 2015
Great series overall, it was a fun blend of SoL and supernatural in a modern setting, with nice comedy and memorable faces!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2019 7:30 AM
Aug 2019
Just finished yesterdy. The slow touching robot at the end is hilarious.
The show not as funny as expected but still.

Overall 6/10
Oct 28, 2019 10:36 PM
Nov 2008
Had no idea what the show was. I just saw it while looking back through Studio feel.'s works. I was surprised how much I liked it, as dramedy is not usually my preference. It's always annoying when a series covers the first four or five volumes of the manga and then just stops, but that's just the way things go. All things considered it's easily an 8/10.

It's silly some of the nitpicks I see in this thread:

Too much comedy.
Not enough comedy.
Loved character A, didn't like character B.
Loved character B, didn't like character A.

The one that showed up a couple times is "the lessons have bad messages." The hell does that even mean? This isn't a kids show.

Life doesn't always teach good lessons or send "good messages." Stupid stuff happens and some people never learn. Bad habits are indulged. People end up where they don't want to be with all the best intentions. Good deeds are often punished. Bad deeds are often tolerated.

Why the hell shouldn't a work of fiction be allowed to show how messed up life can be in favor of "lessons giving good messages?"
Nov 8, 2019 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
oh god i need a season two already
this was one of the best anime i saw this year
was expecting more from last episode, but all the ones before were great enough to leave me dissatisfied
Nov 21, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2018
Talk about bad way to end an anime.

How can you end it like that? Damn it

Overall it was a good anime, Anzu was easily my favorite. Honestly, I would enjoyed it much more from her perspective, or if we had seen more of her. I was hoping she would meet with Yassan and the others at least once though.

After episode 6 I was gonna rate it 9/10, but in the end, I rated it 8/10. That episode was outstanding, but the rest was mostly a regular slice of life comedy(I don't mean it as a bad thing).

I hope this will get a second season maybe next year
Dec 14, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2017
Well expected something else , like yakuza fight, super power , all of that in a funny way , quite like seto no hanayome

But instead the show only introduce characters , then the show genre switch from a funny show to a drama one then fight one and even more with thoses flashback from the other world

Well the bar girl was realy funny so its ok XD 7/10
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 23, 2020 11:02 PM
May 2012
Here's still wishing for a season 2 in 2020.

Until then, I'll just bequest the proverb of the wise...

"I T A I"
Jun 12, 2020 7:25 AM
May 2020
Trade hina with Anzu ๐Ÿ˜ Anzu deserve better treatment
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

225 by Jdmeesey »»
Apr 10, 8:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.