Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Asagao to Kase-san. Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 6:08 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An hour full of pure bliss and eye candy, thank the yuri gods once again. That was incredibly beautiful and sweet. That animation quality, too! I seriously wouldn't mind more of these OVA/movie formats, lol. Praying for more!

I've been slow on reading the manga unfortunately, but I should get back to that ASAP, especially after I watched this!

A fantastic OVA. 10/10.

Aug 15, 2018 8:13 PM

I watched Doukyuusei and thought, wouldn't it be nice if there were a shoujo ai like this?

And now there is. It was lovely.

I'm sure I'm not the only one strongly reminded of another gentle gardener: https://myanimelist.net/character/30430/Shiemi_Moriyama

She was my favorite character in Blue Exorcist, and I wished she could have a more peaceful life in a different anime.

And in a sense, now she does.

Sep 14, 2018 8:08 PM

Adorable as fuck!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Sep 15, 2018 12:49 PM
</overrated>

Forums were down when this came out sheesh.

Rewatched this again and it's just fucking lovely. The expressions, the color pallete, the emotions, the music. It's all here. Gosh I hope this is the direction shoujo-ai heads towards cause it's truly beautiful and breath taking.

Sep 20, 2018 10:15 AM

This was so darn cute. <3 I really loved every minute of it. The characters, animation and music were all fantastic. I adored their beautiful relationship and wished we had more.

Sep 20, 2018 12:42 PM

I swear, this is the yuri I've been waiting for since... I don't even know how long. Gone is the mysterious and abusive portrayal from the likes of NTR, Citrus, or even Kuzu no Honkai. Here, we have just what love should look like, in the widest sense. I'd say this is a must for any person who likes yuri and shoujo ai, but also a strong recommendation for any shoujo fan in general. Damn, those tears near the end^^

Easy 10/10. And I don't give 10/10 easily.

Sep 21, 2018 11:24 PM

A comfy 58 minute OVA with absolutely vibrant colors for detail.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 23, 2018 6:12 PM

It's so cute and comfy and lovely, I'm dying from fluffy feels. <3
The colors are also so beautiful with sweet background music. You can't get cuter than this.

And oh no! Stupid phone, don't you dare interrupting the sexy time. D=
Modified by Maneki-Mew, Sep 23, 2018 6:17 PM

Sep 30, 2018 8:58 AM

Cute but I'm not a fan of how predictable it was and how Kase San's gender wasn't even factored in properly. Like I can imagine him getting replaced by a boy and I can still see it being the same. It really sucks that it didn't show another side of same sex romance.

I still think YagaKimi is the best one I've encountered so far.

Oct 22, 2018 11:19 AM
Watched this after a recommendation. Loved it and went on to read the manga afterwards. The OVA adapted chapters 1-15. I wonder if the remaining chapters and the sequel series will get adapted in the future?

Dec 5, 2018 12:18 PM

This might be one of the most under-rated anime out there. There are precious few yuri I've seen that can compare to this one. Revolutionary Girl Utena and Whispered Words are the only ones that come even close. This story really deserves more love and appreciation.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider

Dec 21, 2018 8:07 PM

What a beautiful adaptation. It may only be an OVA but not only does it capture the appeal of the manga but the fantastic soundtrack, voice acting, visuals, animation, and direction makes it an improvement upon the source material. I'll be sad if we dont get a full anime series but what we did get was nothing short of perfect.

Ugh, watching this and Doukyuusei back-to-back is not good for healthy blood sugar levels.

Jan 20, 10:01 PM
This is a yuri series but its a cute one, even non yuri fan can appreciate the story of this one.. i love how they have ended the story as instead of stopping kase from taking an exam at tokyo university, she decided to just take also there... 💓💓💓

For me i believe if you love somwone, you will not stop the one you love in pursuing their dreams, instead you must support them...

And i agree with a line mentioned here, GRADUATION IS THE TIME FOR NEW PEOPLE AND NEW EXPERIENCES, so to those who are graduating, take this time to cherish wvery moment with the people you are with, as when you graduate new doors will open for you, new things, people, and challenges that will made you a better person..

Nice OVa!!!

Feb 4, 10:00 PM

Didn't like this anime, Yamada is annoying and without personality I wonder what will happen if she and Kase breakup.

Actually esaoud review describes pretty much my point of view.

Mar 1, 6:15 PM
I really enjoyed this, I found the whole thing incredibly relatable, especially with all the awkwardness around a first relationship. Learning to become a team takes time and hard work but I feel both characters really grew as it went on :-) 8/10, would watch again.

Mar 30, 10:22 PM

It was a cute OVA. The story was predictable and simplistic but enjoyable at certain point. Not to mention that some scenes were very well handled such as the one with the conversation through the phone about Kase going to Tokio. It was my favorite scene and probably the most realistic moment of the OVA. That heartfelt exchange of words between them... although being short, it was a sweet interaction.

The animation and visual effects were nice and the colour palette they used was of my liking as well.

Regarding the characters, Yamada is a lovely girl although a bit overdramatic for my taste and Kase... was ok I guess. Honestly, I didn't find her really interesting but to be fair, neither of them received the proper individual development they needed.

Overall, it was a cute and heartwarming story but not something really memorable either. However, I wouldn't really mind seeing more of these girls if some studio ever decides to adapt more chapters of the manga. 6/10

Apr 7, 12:24 PM
God of Anime

This OVA is quite realistic when it comes to relationships, the shyness of it and when one of the two has to go on and follow their dream.

I loved this as nothing was forced. I think the best anime for this thing is still Bloom Into You, but the story they presented in 1 hour is just amazing.

I wanted to give it a 8/10, but the moment Yamada jumped into the arms of Kase on her way to Tokyo... THAT was the moment it jumped to 9/10.

Is it selfish and irresponsible of Yamada to join an university in Tokyo just for Kase? Yes.
Did I like the moment that when she decided to join her because of love? Yes.

I kind of had a 'problem' with the OST... It was so soothing that I actually wanted to close my eyes and just listen to the soundtrack. But the colors and the art was an extra to the soundtrack.
An easy 9/10 from me.

PlayStation: KoitoTV
Discord: Koito#0001
@Twitch Koito
@Koito91

Apr 26, 1:49 PM

Story-wise it was nothing special but yuri-wise it was very heartwarming, cute and beautiful girl romance.
Takamina and Ayaneru did really well in this one and their ending song was wonderful.

I really enjoyed every second of this movie and even though the used tropes were very common it was put into context of their love relationship very well. The imagery was also great and some background that emphasized light and shadow were pretty awesome to look at.

7/10 Very good shoujo-ai movie, maybe not as memorable but one with plenty of positive energy to give.

Apr 27, 9:07 PM
The OVA was great to see some of the main moments of kase and yamada, if you didn't read the manga the history and characters may seem shallow, because as I said, the OVA is just SOME of the main moments. Is not like "manga is always better" or that their characters are complex, but is definitely more developed in the manga.