Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 5:47 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gueldre was the traitor, sorry Vangeance-kun but your name is too suspicious.
Aug 21, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
kinda disappointed it wasn’t the captain that was that much famous but seems like a new arc starts hmmm
Sep 4, 2018 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Since that guy's appearance in the last episode, i thought that it could be him...
It's so good to have Asta in moments like these, his no magic "power" gives him a lot of advantages.

That flashback about how Yam and Julius met was really nice, Julius as always being the nicest guy. I guess that's why Yami accepted Asta into Black Bulls because he reminds him of him, and c'mon...they are a little similar xD

Oh boy, next arc is starting already. The only thing i disliked about this episode is that the other guys managed to sneak it and find out everything without even getting caught... :/

Maybe there are more traitors...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 5, 2018 5:51 AM

Nov 2015
Still think Vangeance is the main traitor
Nov 10, 2018 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
good show ruined by horrendous fillers containing but not limited to: awfully timed comedy

seriously, just to add dem extra seconds to airtime, they had to go ruin the characters by making them archetypes (ex. Blue Rose Tsundere Captain-chan)

I know I might be wrong, and maybe that was originally in the manga, but from the praise and hype it received prior to the adaptation I highly doubt it.

Ulquiorra said:
, sorry Vangeance-kun but your name is too suspicious.
good one :')
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 7, 2019 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
lol I knew it was Gueldre.
Raia?
Yami is saluting.
Hory shitto! Vanessa body on dat couch. LAWD!!!!
I want to see Vanessa in that swimsuit. Mimosa too.

Raia should hang out with Dorothy. They can sleep together.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 22, 2019 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
Vangeance is the fucking traitor but that guy is in disguise because Licht still healing

Mar 5, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
Purple captain Gueldre traitor?!

Gueldre the purple captain was the traitor?! I would've thought that it was Vengeance, but I guess even if he's a traitor, he'll be smarter to hide his tracks. Speaking of hiding, Raia was hiding there this whole time? Even ki can't sense his wall form?

That young captain is really young

Some brief Yami flashback is shown since he's a foreigner, he's pretty much treated like the peasants. But all that changed from 1 simple encounter where Julius treated Yami to a dinner, then here he is as a badass magic knight. It seems that Julius chose the Black Bulls mainly because that's the squad that he trusts the most.

The petit clover this time is about a game... Minecraft...
Aug 7, 2019 1:36 AM

Sep 2012
fake traito he was set up, clever

the enemy was near and manipulated with the results of diging in hes memory
Sugram22Aug 7, 2019 2:38 AM
Mar 22, 2020 6:12 AM

May 2018
Lol petit clover is a minecraft ripoff game
May 12, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2019
Nice episode.This arc is going to be long af
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 23, 2020 7:38 PM
Dec 2016
It was Raia! He is in disguise as one of them, and I'm sure it is Vangeance!
Dec 6, 2020 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
Vangeance kun is still the most suspicious. No way the purple fodder captain is the main culprit
Dec 9, 2020 11:48 PM

Dec 2013
Raia was definitely Vangance. The man is way too suspicious to not be a traitor.

Obligatory beach episode incoming...
Mar 5, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2020
Well ,Time for a new arc, had a lot of good moments despite the slow middle parts. So, The Traitor was Capt. Gueldre, And Raia was there all along , who could it be... probably too early to make a clear assumption.
Julius and Yami Backstory? Pretty Wholesome ( • w • )
CotsuMar 5, 2021 9:50 AM
Jun 5, 2021 3:11 AM

Jun 2020
I was really expecting Vangeance to be the traitor but it was actually Gueldre sorry for the accusation Vangeance but you were giving some misleading hints

Gladly he was captured by yet again Asta he seems friendly with the youngest of the captains as well, Wait Rhya was there all along where was he did he also break the fourth wall, Seems that the Wizard King acknowledges Asta again and Yami and Julius was connected from the start as well that's nice to see

The Beach episode in the next one might be some amusing things to see there and some swimsuits Noelle getting all worried about what she'll wear.

Jun 13, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2015
So next episode is beach episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 2, 2021 6:30 PM

Jan 2021
It’s only a Matter of time before we get that beach episode
Jul 23, 2021 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
I have a weird feeling this Purple Orca captain isn't actually the traitor.. hmm.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 9, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
Every mission has been with just a few members, so I'm excited to see the whole Black Bulls squad go to this underwater dungeon (at least the known members as irc it being stated around ep 6 that some members haven't been introduced yet)

Feb 22, 2022 1:50 AM

Jun 2020
Seems like Julius really trusts Yami & Asta :’) Yami’s salute omg that was a pretty nice touch. He may be an intimidating & brute, rough guy, but his loyalty clearly lies with Julius, he’s pretty simple in that aspect. Yami dancho!!!♡

Asta using too much force to salute & hurting himself lololollll

And of course the Black Bulls would treat their work mission as a vacation LOL are they seriously going to have a beach episode looooooool

Omg the Petit Clover always so cuteeeee

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 23, 2022 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Gueldre was the traitor, and that copy guy turned himself into someone.
Asta have a great moment and Paint magic, wow.
New arc incoming and Noelle is going to have her moments in it!!
Apr 24, 2022 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
We found the traitor but there's still more to uncover. Beach??? Let's goooo....
May 26, 2022 11:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So it seems that recently they have certainly cut down on the recaps, apart from that first-wizard-king backstory that I think none of us want to see anymore. If they are constantly showing it to us, it better be freaking important later on. Maybe have him resurrect from the dead or reveal that he never died or something like that. Also I'm sad... this the last episode in which we'll hear "back to the dreamlight." Man that was such a treat. One of the things that lead me to actually watch this was one of the endings that comes later on, "answer", but honestly I think I might like back to the dreamlight a little more. And yeah I'm going to kind of miss "Black Cl(R?)over" as well.

When it was announced that the purple orca captain was the traitor, I'm pretty sure we all thought that was red herring. Dude just probably didn't want his mind read because he was up to a lot of sketchy sh*t, which he was. But I noticed that they didn't actually confirm if he actually WAS the traitor... did they?? He's guilty of lots of stuff but I still think that he's innocent of being the traitor, which sadly I still think it to be the wizard king himself. As for who was the imposter among them in the dungeon, it probably had to be the bowl cut advisor guy. He was the one in charge of revealing (and probably manipulating) the memories after all. I can't wait for the proper reveals of everything going on behind the scenes. I think with this traitor business, Black Clover is really starting to get serious.

Now we are off to collect some stones for the infinity gauntlet. Best beach episode EVER coming up??!! If Luck actually fights some sharks for fun, this will automatically become a 10/10 anime

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 11, 2022 5:14 AM

Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Raia was definitely Vangance. The man is way too suspicious to not be a traitor.

Obligatory beach episode incoming...

Or the sleeping girl...
Aug 14, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
very good episode I still think that Vangeance is the traitor
removed-userAug 23, 2022 10:18 PM
Aug 26, 2022 5:36 AM
Jul 2021
épidode vraiment plaisant à voir
Nov 12, 2022 8:12 PM

Jul 2022
Eye of the Midnight Sun Encounter Arc - COMPLETE

Very very good arc! kinda started out slow, but Yami's fight, and most of the sequence with Licht was SO good. Yami solidifying himself as THE GOAT, Asta showing how great he can be, and some really interesting implications.

Asta's swords belonged to Licht's master... Who is that? idk. Maybe a demon? Who wouldn't be able to use magic besides a demon? Idk, food for thought.
The Midnight Sun's goals are to collect the Magic Stones to "be reborn." I don't know what that means but it sure is interesting. I think that the stone that Yuno wears around his neck might be related to this... I'm very intrigued.

The reveal of the traitor was a little underwhelming, but I get it, they kind of gave focus to the purple guy for a bit and I see how that payed off. Asta getting more recognition is always fun, love to see that.
One of the Magic Knights being the copycat guy was CRAZY. I had to pause to react to that! Who was it? I genuinely think it's the Golden Dawn leader because he's just so sus. I was sus of him for a while, and they raise suspicion for him earlier, and now we have this copy cat guy... Yeah... it's gotta be him.

Anyway the next arc is the Seabed Temple Arc. Reminds me of the Water Temples from Minecraft and The Legend of Zelda. Maybe I'll get those vibes... we'll see. Very interesting!
Nov 19, 2022 3:49 PM

Mar 2010
They found the traitor but they prolly killed one of the knights and are posing as them... so damn not easy figuring that out.. damn i want to see noelle in a swimsuite.. Actually I need to find Noelle h-doujinshi asap

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2023 4:08 AM

Apr 2019
Vengeance is definitely sus
Jun 4, 2023 9:31 AM
Feb 2021
This show is full of surprises! Love it.
Sep 8, 2023 12:46 PM
Jun 2021
full of plots in this episode, yami the hottest one :33333
Nov 30, 2023 1:10 AM

Jun 2015
This show really did get a lot better after the second half of the kidnapping arc. Worth the wait!
Read Toriko!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 28, 2020

72 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.