Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2019 11:21 PM

Nov 2018
This episode made me feel. Was great.
Feb 7, 2019 5:11 PM
Jan 2019
I let out some tears of emotion. Extremely incredible.
Feb 11, 2019 5:21 PM
Aug 2018
Somehow that guy reminded me of Darth Vader without his mask.
Feb 20, 2019 11:18 AM
Nov 2018
Get darn those onion ninjas, I fought them away as much as I could, but they were so many and so strong. I failed, All Mighty!

-ごめんAll Mighty,ごめんなさい。
Mar 15, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2018
Got emotional in the last part of this episode

*cries*
Tokyo ghoul's 1st ,2nd ,3rd and 4th season were a big mistake of Pierrot!!!!!
Mar 24, 2019 1:13 AM
Nov 2017
That was the most badass shit I've ever seen. Best episode hands down.
Apr 29, 2019 9:30 PM
Apr 2016
I loved this episode when it aired. So thrilling and bone chilling ending with Deku realizing it was his turn to do the heavy lifting. This anime honestly reminds me of the Amazing Spider-Man so much sometimes. Looking back at episode 4 when Deku fought Muscular it reminded me of when Peter Parker gets crushed and calls for help but ends up realizing he is a hero and needs to do his job. So amazing. Love Deku’s character and the voice acting and animation is always top quality, especially when it matters.
May 11, 2019 9:11 PM
Dec 2017
Oh my gosh... So many things in this episode just got to me. For a moment, I actually felt like I was there amongst all those civilians, getting teary-eyed and crying as we watched All Might fight with all he had...

Man, this has got to be the best episode in this season of MHA.
May 12, 2019 12:04 PM

Sep 2007
This is probably the most emotional episode of anime I have ever seen. Bones did a phenomenal job in conveying that emotion. Top notch animation and sound design. Miyake Kenta brought All Might to life. Episode 12 and 49 really fleshed out All Might's character in the best possible way and the whole fight is an overwhelming emotional narrative for All Might's character. This is how you do an OP character correctly for this fight was so nail bitingly intense. This episode alone brought the whole season up to 11.
May 12, 2019 6:59 PM

May 2016
All Might's final fight against All For One was packed full of raw emotion and I couldn't help but get overwhelmed by it multiple times throughout the episode. From All Might despairing over finding out that he couldn't save his master's grandson from defecting to the path of evil to the people still rooting for him to win as the Symbol of Peace even when his secret's gone out, I've teared up so much and that UNITED STATES OF SMASH was too glorious to watch without feeling anything.

Can't believe that I didn't feel this much feels when I first read the manga. It's the end of All Might and only Deku knew who his last message's intended for.

May 18, 2019 12:08 PM

Nov 2017
omgosh what an epic showdown. What will happen in the next arc? This animation is so nice and perfect.

May 19, 2019 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Dude I almost cried.Ahh if only everyone knew he was referring to Deku with "You're next" it would have benn so awesome.I want to be in that universe :(!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 28, 2019 2:00 AM
May 29, 2019 2:14 AM

Mar 2015
What. an. episode!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 12, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2017
I've been completely rewatching My Hero Academia in preparation for the fourth season literally since the day season three ended, and I've been waiting for this episode the entire time, and it was so worth it. It's the perfect time to watch this episode too, as it has been almost exactly one year since it aired. This episode, even upon rewatch, holds up just as amazingly, if not more so, than it did when I first watched it. Everything about it is a masterpiece, from the voice acting (I watch the sub), the animation, the soundtrack, everything. This episode managed to make me more emotional than the likes of A Silent Voice and Your Name.. I'm sure I'm in the minority with that opinion too, but I believe this is one of the best episodes of My Hero Academia, Shounen, and anime as a whole. Truly beautiful. This kind of emotional power won't be topped for a long time, althoug I suspect the...
...will get pretty close.
Jul 7, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2018
What a fucking great episode that was. 20/10

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Aug 8, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2007
I got sooooo emotional in this episode to the point of crying! OMG! United states of Smashhh!
Pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 27, 2019 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was AAAAH!!
good luck Midoriya
Aug 28, 2019 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
HE DID IT!! All Might is amazing! What a epic fight! Wonderful!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 9, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
I love when I rewatch something and it is even better then I remembered. This arc is officially one of the best executed arcs I've seen in anime alongside both arcs from SNK S1, Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant final battle and SNK S3 part 2. I easilly can give this part a 10/10. It is indeed so sad the next arc was a 6/10, and it's even more sad the director won't give too much focus on S4 (S4 will have 2 directors now because Kenji Nagasaki, the director of MHA so far, will focus on making the new movie, so in order for him to focus on that, they hired one more director for S4).

Also, maybe this arc is the reason why I hate this current obsession and absurd praise KnY is receiving. The show did not have a single moment (not even on episode 19) that could reach even the slightest quality of this arc from MHA and right now, it's getting the praise this arc should have had. Kind of makes me think if animation is the only thing people care in this website
BetterTasteOct 9, 2019 4:48 PM
Nov 22, 2019 8:01 AM
Mar 2019
I feel like this fight holds up to Third vs Orochi. It has similar emotional impact and now creates a ceiling to surpass for the main cast. The animation was especially good this fight; every impact frame delivered huge blows with the intensity of the situation and physical strain on the combatents being executed flawlessly aided by heavy, gashing strokes across the momentum carried.
Dec 14, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2013
I have only one thing to say:
That was epic.
Dec 17, 2019 4:05 PM

Nov 2016
This actually made me cry, while others that are sad don't hit me on the feels as much. best episode so far for me.
Feb 10, 2020 1:24 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely a top-tier fight!

I never have any fear for Deku's life because we get told at the start of each episode that he becomes the strongest hero, but the tension and stakes are there for everyone else to potentially be a red shirt.

This was super well animated, and All Might really toughed it out. I can't deny I got a bit emotional.

"Now it's your turn..." uhh, right in the gut
May 24, 2020 9:31 PM
May 2020
one of the few episodes of a shonen that really made me feel something, a pretty good surprise. And that last scene with all might, deku and kacchan was awesome.
dzewMay 25, 2020 7:43 PM
May 30, 2020 12:40 PM

May 2020
Of all the shounen anime that I've watched till now, this fight has been the best from anyone of them. Truly epic.
ShizokamiMay 30, 2020 1:01 PM
May 31, 2020 8:34 AM

Mar 2019
Damn,this episode was packed with everything.From emotions to action.Best episode so far in terms of emotions.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 20, 2020 9:21 PM

Jan 2020
Watched this episode again because its one of my favourites in all of anime!!
And damn, what a fucking episode....

Sure fight choreography isn't all that special. But the emotion behind the fight was just spectacular!!

UNITED STATES OF SMASH!!!

100/10 episode
Jun 23, 2020 6:03 PM

May 2015
This fight is my favourite fight in anime period. Sooo many emotions all in one fight and the huge meaning behind the importance of this fight makes it all the better. Everything I love about MHA was in this fight. One for All, All for One, Epic Smash moments, emotional AF scenes. My Hero Acadamia is my favourite shounen/action anime because of these things and this right here is the pinnacle of My Hero Acadamia. (At least so far and probably for a long time to come)

But shit, that final scene makes me cry like a bitch everytime. Like it is right now. Its such a sad scene. All Mights done, his career as a top hero is over. Deku will never be able to fight alongside him and he'll never be able to protect people like he once could. Such an emotional scene and it REALLY hits hard.

Since this point MHA has never reached this level. But I guess thats understandable. How do you compete with All Might the strongest Hero ever Vs All for One, the strongest villain ever.

This fight is the reason season 3 is a genuine 10/10 for me. And all the smash moments too. But holy shit the soundtrack!!!! GODLY SOUNDTRACK!!!!
DarknessRealityJun 23, 2020 6:08 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 6, 2020 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
Legendary episode wow💥💥
Aug 9, 2020 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, what an epic episode! It's rare that I'm rooting like crazy for one of the main characters and this fight couldn't have turned out better. The composition of animation, art and sound was just superb, definitely one of the best fights I have seen in anime so far. That last powerup was also hella epic, "United States of..." Wait, he won't say America, will he? "...SMASH!" Daaaaaaamn, so good. Most likely the best BnHA episode thus far and there are a lot of great ones.
Aug 20, 2020 11:27 PM

Apr 2012
Starisametaphor said:
"United states of... SMASH."

Shit, I laughed. I was so invested and emotional, and then I laughed.

same hahahaha I still almost cried though
Aug 29, 2020 10:49 PM

Aug 2008
Thinking about this fight and this episode when I'm close to the end of season 3 now just feels me with emotions Hah. It was so epic. Love this show.
Sep 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2013
Oh no, guys! It's happening! All Might is gonna be officially retiring! He used up all his powers. His quirk is now gone. :(
But good job to All Might for defeating All For One!
Sep 23, 2020 8:32 PM
Feb 2019
Really intense episode!

It's too bad All For One survived, surely he's done enough evil over the years to warrant an automatic kill on sight for all heroes.

All Might has no power left. At least he survived. It's kind of crushing though, we never saw him in action much and we won't get to hear his theme play anymore. Midoriya needs to step it up and start mastering his quirk, All Might can't ever save him again.
Jan 16, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 2018
I'm just now bingeing through MHA, not sure where I've been the last few years...

Just had to leave a comment about this ep. I feel this is the best ep so far in the series. Great animation and emotion. This is why I watch anime. 10/10
Feb 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Jun 2019
UNITED STATES OF SMASH!!!! T_T
Feb 15, 2021 5:32 AM
Jun 2020
this episode made me cry "All might" used his all that he have no what'll happen

all might is really amazing.
Mar 11, 2021 12:26 PM

Oct 2020
When it started I thought Izuku will be the best of all but now I see that All-might was really great. Toshinori's starting was like Izuku but he had a plan to make the society better. He wanted to complete the emptyness society had. He fulfilled it and kept doing it. This episode was the best till now. He did his best and further just like he says - Go beyond plus ultra! At least All for one should die in shame that he was trying to kill such a great man. Good thing is secret of One for all is safe and also Toshinori is alive. The symbol of peace lives.

So I was correct. Tomura shigaraki or Tenko Shimura is Nana Shimura's grandson. It went worst and painful. But there is some story left. The story how Tenko beocme Tomura and what made him. I hope Izuku can save Tenko from Tomura.
Mar 13, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2019
Absolutely beautiful.

All Might's weak true form was revealed, but the public, other heroes, his students, colleagues, friends - even Endeavour - accepted him for who he really was. A hero.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 2, 2021 3:44 PM
Nov 2020
Yesus man, this fight gave me chills!

Apr 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2021
Chills, just chills. The flashbacks, the monologues, the music, the triumph...

This is something that won't ever be topped in this series. This is peak My Hero Academia.
May 2, 2021 11:20 AM

May 2015
By far the best episode in My Hero Academia and one of my favourite episodes in all of anime. So many emotions in this episode. I cried from joy when All Might channeled One For All and won the day, and cried from sadness when the aftermath came. Re-watching this and it still gives such strong emotions.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 10, 2021 9:04 AM

Jun 2020
Omg (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Toshinori Yagi. What a hero. ALL MIGHT!!!!!!

A hero has many things to protect....indeed

I’m in tears. Fucking brilliant episode. Seriously. What the flying fuck was this episode. It was insanely immersive, I felt like I was there.

And seeing Kacchan that expressive for the first time, in that way. Wowie.

I cried with Deku too. I am so afraid for him. That’s way too much responsibility for a kid. He’ll have All Might with him but he’s going to shoulder literally everything from here on. I can’t even begin to fathom how he feels. Those tears.......I think even Kacchan knew something is up.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 10:57 AM
Mar 2021
this is my favorite episode in the series so far and its gonna be really hard to top, we learned to much about all for one and one for all, everyone cheering all might on made me so happy and the fact that all might refused to die for midoriya, i loved this episode
i cant believe he cant use one of all ever again but the way it was executed omg this episode was perfect.
Jun 6, 2021 11:41 PM

Feb 2021
Fabulous, outstanding, amazing, I don't know which word to use. This episode was just brilliant! All for One's face is unsightly. That modified arm he made was hideous looking. Great to know about AllMight's master and young Gran Torino. The action was just amazing. Looks liked they have now managed to restrain All For One and now the League of Villains is separated from him. AllMight may retire now, since he doesn't hold One for All anymore. I'm curious to know how did One For All know Deku is the successor of One For All?? Does he have some mind reading quirk too?

Jun 25, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2020
best episode by far. that fight had me emotional wow
Jul 5, 2021 1:09 PM
May 2021
This is my favourite episodes from MHA. It has everything. This is easily the best fight in the show and one of my favourites of all time. What can i say except, PLUS ULTRA!

kcuf_adJul 7, 2021 1:52 PM
Aug 8, 2021 2:44 AM
Feb 2015
Aug 18, 2021 2:00 AM
May 2021
The episode made me cry tears of joy, sadness, and anything else you can imagine.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.