Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kyoufu no Juusou Chapter 1 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 3:38 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I've been reading a lot of Junji Ito's work for a while now, with my first manga read being Uzumaki out of all things I could've started with but this one particularly disturbed me a lot. It's great to see that even in 2017, he still has the ability to draw up some good horror manga.

Layers of Fear definitely stood out as one of the more unnerving demonstrations of body horror made by Ito. It didn't only look so unnatural, seeing the panels get more and more grotesque made me feel a bit nauseous too. Seeing that faintly-detailed silhouette of Reimi growing back layers made me want to unimagine what I thought she looked like.

Aug 10, 2018 7:28 PM

That was a great read, pretty disturbing. It was nice to see a more recent manga from Junji Ito, the art was beautiful and the concept really creepy.
Her young version inside herself was grotesque.

Nov 19, 2018 3:52 AM

This is borderline brutality and gore. Ik author makes horror but this one was more sick compared to other works of his where the horror is like fantasy element to add up to the story. This one is sick.. on many levels.

Dec 30, 2018 6:17 PM

that was very disturbing...

sometimes i wonder i have felt everything i am ever
gonna feel. and from here on out, i’m not gonna feel
anything new. just lesser versions of what i have felt

· · ───── · ʚ ☾ ɞ · ───── · ·

Apr 24, 2019 5:32 AM

yurkin said:
This is borderline brutality and gore. Ik author makes horror but this one was more sick compared to other works of his where the horror is like fantasy element to add up to the story. This one is sick.. on many levels.
On many...layers?

Oct 9, 2019 12:46 AM

I mean, this guys art is really something else, but these stories flow like creepypastas. Characters always seem to jump to conclusions that aren't reasonable to jump to, and this manga has that problem a lot. Ito can create a really disturbing concept. His imagery definitely sticks to you, but art isn't everything.

Nov 10, 2019 3:28 PM

Good God that was really disturbing and I liked everything about it. 10/10 wow.

Dec 18, 2019 4:33 PM
Am I the only one who laughs at these horror japanese manga? They sure are bizarre and creative, but not scary. I like it because of their creativity.

Jul 2, 7:43 PM

This was amazing.

These kinds of creepy horror stories are the kinds I need in my life wtf.

Nov 28, 2:54 AM

how is this shoujo? wouldn't let my daughter get near this thing lol