Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2018 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New form and his confession.

Fair fight with both having their own dreams.

Wow, fighting while losing conscious?

A chance to rank up, his opponent, who admits defeat, supports it and suggested to confess again.

Cultural festival.

Confession again. He said her name instead of Buchou. Everyone supporting them.

Mother finally waking up.

New character (Yuuki Ono)? It seems like he's the next enemy if there's more season.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 6:18 AM

May 2015
Issei going for it! :D

I dont know why, but DxD wasn't as good as I expected. Still solid season IMO. 6/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2012
Lovely ending confession and kiss, really makes it a good conclusion for this season if you ask me! I really enjoyed this season as well as it had some really lovely action together with the great ecchi parts that this series is known for.

A decent pacing a proper character development with a lovely ending is always good in my books! All in all a pretty solid season and do wonder if we'll see sequel to this one!
Aug 8, 2018 7:21 PM

Apr 2008
RafaelDeJongh said:
Lovely ending confession and kiss, really makes it a good conclusion for this season if you ask me! I really enjoyed this season as well as it had some really lovely action together with the great ecchi parts that this series is known for.

A decent pacing a proper character development with a lovely ending is always good in my books! All in all a pretty solid season and do wonder if we'll see sequel to this one!

Post credits scene strongly hinted at a next season
Aug 11, 2018 3:59 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
I loved that Episode! Issei finally won against his trauma and got closer to Rias. Also there was the last part of the tournament arc, which always are my favorite arcs :D great Episode!
Aug 14, 2018 12:57 AM

Dec 2014
well I liked the ending everyone got their happy ending in a way and there was this satisfying feel…. Ooh there is always this and that in the end.. but overall still missed the old animation
Aug 23, 2018 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
I'm satisfied with the ending especially for what happened with Issei and Rias. I've seen a fuckton of romance harem anime and almost every one of them ends without as much as a kiss To Love-ru comes to mind, Nisekoi as well though it has ended with a conclusion in the manga but we never got to see it animated, of course these two among so many others. The character style, still don't like it but I do like the fact that they stuck with the source material rather than just fanservice here and there. Still not as good as the first season though for some reason. Maybe I'm just not into too much romance ecchi anymore as much as I was back then. Still enjoyed it though.

Aug 24, 2018 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
This episode really stood out from others. I'm a huge DxD fan but this season was not as good as the previous ones. I dont know exactly what went wrong but i think the pacing was very fast. They should have taken the time and explained things in more detail.

Still the last episode nailed it in the end ! I was gonna give a 7 but definitely an 8 now.

And the confession ! Its so delightful to see one of my best couples getting together like that again (reminded me of first season ^_^ ).
Aug 24, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
silent_knight98 said:
This episode really stood out from others. I'm a huge DxD fan but this season was not as good as the previous ones. I dont know exactly what went wrong but i think the pacing was very fast. They should have taken the time and explained things in more detail.

Still the last episode nailed it in the end ! I was gonna give a 7 but definitely an 8 now.

And the confession ! Its so delightful to see one of my best couples getting together like that again (reminded me of first season ^_^ ).

Most of the things you wanted explained should have been explained in Born if they had not gone off the rails into the abomination it became.
Aug 24, 2018 8:46 PM

Jan 2017
Darklight0303 said:
silent_knight98 said:

Most of the things you wanted explained should have been explained in Born if they had not gone off the rails into the abomination it became.
Yeah, thats true, but u cant change what happened in the past. Born was a mess but Hero too was not upto the mark. If all that stuff was not explained in Born then they should have done it in Hero.

Imo, this season could have been much better if they adapted upto Hero Faction Arc in this season and left the game arc for next. In that way there could have been plenty of time in story build up and character development.
Aug 24, 2018 8:47 PM

Apr 2008
silent_knight98 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, thats true, but u cant change what happened in the past. Born was a mess but Hero too was not upto the mark. If all that stuff was not explained in Born then they should have done it in Hero.

Imo, this season could have been much better if they adapted upto Hero Faction Arc in this season and left the game arc for next. In that way there could have been plenty of time in story build up and character development.

Then it woudl be a glorified remake of season three instead of progressing the story to the next stage. Yeah no. The hero Faction doesn't even get to shine until the next volume after the rating game with Sairaorg anyway >_>
Aug 24, 2018 9:06 PM

May 2017
Liked the confession ,FINALLY stopped calling her FUCKING PRESIDENT YOU MOFO....

anyways, my favorite dxd season by far as MC is actually strong and is useful ^.^ finally!! after 3 seasons of useless weak MC.

and the fan service was well handled as before, it had needless cleavage in fight scenes like asias boob hanging out when she was dying ?> whyyyy ... but i also like the new art and animation, gives it a newer modern feeling but definity more childish. reminds me of to love ru
Aug 24, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2017
Darklight0303 said:

Then it woudl be a glorified remake of season three instead of progressing the story to the next stage. Yeah no. The hero Faction doesn't even get to shine until the next volume after the rating game with Sairaorg anyway >_>

I understand ur point. U read LN regularly so u dont want to watch same things again and again. But i ask u this, are u really satisfied the way this season has been adapted?
Aug 26, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2008
silent_knight98 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I understand ur point. U read LN regularly so u dont want to watch same things again and again. But i ask u this, are u really satisfied the way this season has been adapted?

This season has been the most faithful to the novels it's ever been. So to answer that, Yes I am satisfied
Aug 28, 2018 1:30 AM
Apr 2018
silent_knight98 said:
Darklight0303 said:

It all come out to the question of "Should they try to fix previous season to the point of gimping the new one or not?".
I mean, sure, remaking season 3 with the Sitri fight, actual battle against Loki etc in the new animation would be nice, but the sale would definitely suffer because most people wouldn't be interesting in viewing what to them is 70-80% plot rehash and thus hampering their chance of covering volume 9-12. They also cannot afford to do season 3 reboot + volume 9 like you suggested because that would make this a 4 volume run (season 3 alone is a cramp of 3 volume) and 3 ep/volume is simply not enough.

It's not a perfect situation, but the damage have already been done (Born) and they had to choose between bad and worse.
Aug 28, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2017
Riverlia said:

It all come out to the question of "Should they try to fix previous season to the point of gimping the new one or not?".
I mean, sure, remaking season 3 with the Sitri fight, actual battle against Loki etc in the new animation would be nice, but the sale would definitely suffer because most people wouldn't be interesting in viewing what to them is 70-80% plot rehash and thus hampering their chance of covering volume 9-12. They also cannot afford to do season 3 reboot + volume 9 like you suggested because that would make this a 4 volume run (season 3 alone is a cramp of 3 volume) and 3 ep/volume is simply not enough.

It's not a perfect situation, but the damage have already been done (Born) and they had to choose between bad and worse.
Then all we can do is pray, that upcoming seasons dont get affected by 3rd :'(
Aug 30, 2018 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
That was a nice series. I got used the art style, but I still prefer the previous one.
Sep 2, 2018 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
I personally found this season a bit fast-paced compare to the previous ones. The characters were all the same. But don't know why the creators made Rias and Akeno weak compared to the rest of Gremory family in rating games. Well at least Issei's gradually becoming powerful.
Sep 4, 2018 8:37 AM

Oct 2013
Satisfying finale, i don't care if there's anyone say the ending is Cliché. The fighting scene between Issei and Sairaorg was awesome but too bad they didn't expose the other fights like between Akeno with the queen from Bael's family i just can't believe that Akeno is weaker than her.

So glad that Sairaorg's mom woke up from her deep slumber, and finally Issei confessed to Rias at the perfect moement. Looks lie we got new characters coming up that Indra guy who is apparently a God, welp looking forward for a new season in the future.

Overall score 8/10
Sep 4, 2018 8:52 AM

Apr 2008
ToshiroChan said:
Satisfying finale, i don't care if there's anyone say the ending is Cliché. The fighting scene between Issei and Sairaorg was awesome but too bad they didn't expose the other fights like between Akeno with the queen from Bael's family i just can't believe that Akeno is weaker than her.

So glad that Sairaorg's mom woke up from her deep slumber, and finally Issei confessed to Rias at the perfect moement. Looks lie we got new characters coming up that Indra guy who is apparently a God, welp looking forward for a new season in the future.

Overall score 8/10

Akeno is vulnerable to holy lightning being a Devil and her lightning got reflected back at her. It's n o wonder she lost
Sep 8, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
welp just binged this in 12 hrs.

pretty good if must say. The fights felt rushed in the rating game. Also we never got to see the Rating game of the PResident and Gremory family. Oh well.

Not gonna lie still hard to adjust to this art after seeing the crisp adult style for 3 seasons. but this is much closer the LNS byfar.

can't wait/ hope for more seasons. this is gonna be a long animated series since the LN still on going
Sep 8, 2018 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
ss4chris said:

pretty good if must say. The fights felt rushed in the rating game. Also we never got to see the Rating game of the PResident and Gremory family. Oh well.

Not gonna lie still hard to adjust to this art after seeing the crisp adult style for 3 seasons. but this is much closer the LNS byfar.

can't wait/ hope for more seasons. this is gonna be a long animated series since the LN still on going

Sitri Gremory rating game should have happened in BORN not here
Sep 8, 2018 3:43 AM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
ss4chris said:

welp instead it will never be animated :(
Sep 8, 2018 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
ss4chris said:
Darklight0303 said:

welp instead it will never be animated :(

Thank TNK for that fuck up
Sep 13, 2018 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
I would give 10 if not the fact that Rias art style was sometimes destroyed and only few times acceptable.
Few times especially during some fights LN could be changed a bit to give more good fights, but the last 2 episodes made up for that.

Love Kyoto first part, but the fights were weak. Second part of the season was also very nice, but probably because that Rating Game was probably the best in LN.

TNK maybe destroyed last episodes of Born, but made other things much better. I think season 1,2 were best. That is why I started reading LN. TNK person responsible for so big change is probably regrets that decision, because they lost money (or maybe someone got fired from job).
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 13, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I would give 10 if not the fact that Rias art style was sometimes destroyed and only few times acceptable.
Few times especially during some fights LN could be changed a bit to give more good fights, but the last 2 episodes made up for that.

Love Kyoto first part, but the fights were weak. Second part of the season was also very nice, but probably because that Rating Game was probably the best in LN.

TNK maybe destroyed last episodes of Born, but made other things much better. I think season 1,2 were best. That is why I started reading LN. TNK person responsible for so big change is probably regrets that decision, because they lost money (or maybe someone got fired from job).

The fights in the past seasons were HORRIBLY animated. Like Rossweisse shooting up FROZEN IN PLACE fodder demons >_>
Sep 18, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

The fights in the past seasons were HORRIBLY animated. Like Rossweisse shooting up FROZEN IN PLACE fodder demons >_>

that Ross part was just a filler and yeah they could add demons movement, but that wasn't important

I didn't like fights in Kyoto, especially the last ones, because they were just few hits and it ends without any sparks; they should change LN or add some better clash in that part, also Kiba vs other knight fight was too short, but they made up for that in last few fights so I am ok with season

but one more thing I wanted to add: both OP and ED songs and OP animation (not the art) were weaker than every other season
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 8, 2018 4:04 AM
Feb 2018
Bruhh how I not write a review for this last epic episode!! Issei finally grew some balls & confessed to her. For once the other females finally interrupted her moment! Ahhhh that shit had me dying xD. I really love the dub version cause there’s more sense of humor, I really hope for a season 5! I’m a huge dxd fan I know everybody else isn’t satisfied but I really hope just for 1 more season!
Jan 21, 2019 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
The moments when peoples willpower keep them going despite being knocked out or unconscious always gets me, fantastic moments!

Geez, only took 4 whole seasons for them to finally admit they're in love with each other and actually being a couple now.

Also nice epilogue with Sairaorg's mother.

8/10, improvement over season 3 for sure.
Feb 26, 2019 8:26 PM

Mar 2015
Glad to see there was room made for another season. Keeps getting better!

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 7, 2019 6:11 AM

Aug 2008
I really can't take the emotional moments seriously when the ecchi comedy is forced in here as well. Just makes me roll my eyes. I suppose even with the confession (finally) its not like he'll stop perving on the other girls right so the "love" is irrelevant really if Issei isn't going to be faithful anyway.

This show continues to be mildly entertaining though so I'll give a 6/10. I just hope if the show continues that Rias can do something on her own other than needing to be be saved all the time. As a King she is pretty damn weak.
May 15, 2019 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
the interuption at the end πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
May 20, 2019 7:46 AM
Oct 2012
well I thought the fourth season was a let down not as good as it had been still lots of t and a but a different feel to it seemed to rewrite some of last season with ep.#0 which I really did not like also they seem to foget about the chaos brigade and on top of all that they went backward on what was going on between rias and our hero overall I am not sure if I want a season 5 as bad as this was!
Jun 2, 2019 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
Love this romantic ending. Now make it into a hentai and let them continue in the bedroom ☺️
Jun 8, 2019 3:19 AM

Aug 2018
The series is getting a little long in the tooth. The central conflict of Issei being unable to express his feelings of love have run their course. We’ll see if there’s a fifth season, if so they’ve got to inject a new central theme and some freshness.
Jun 17, 2019 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
Just watched all of the episodes this a year ago.

Animation changed, the studio changed.

How about art-style?
Nope. I love original animation.....

6/10

I still prefer the original animation way better. My favorite still seasons 1-3 original animation more than season 4 and recap episode 0 new animation. :(
Jun 20, 2019 4:45 AM
Apr 2018
gswelcome said:
I really can't take the emotional moments seriously when the ecchi comedy is forced in here as well. Just makes me roll my eyes. I suppose even with the confession (finally) its not like he'll stop perving on the other girls right so the "love" is irrelevant really if Issei isn't going to be faithful anyway.

The point of the confession was that Issei now have to gut to make their relationship official instead of unconsciously reject it because PTSD, the point is not 'you belong only to me now'.
Rias never wanted to monopoly Issei, as to devil monogami is self-imposed, not the default.
Which would have been clearer if the previous season adapted the novel faithfully. Riser actually implied that Rias keeping Issei as a side-lover if their marriage went through wouldn't be out of place. Which is also the reason Riser saw no wrong about having a harem when marrying Rias.

And in the LN, Issei did eventually grow in maturity. He still occasionally perv out about boobs, but if there's something worth worrying about, he'd actually ignore a bunch of bathing beauties right next to him to think about the larger situation instead.
RiverliaJun 20, 2019 4:55 AM
Jun 28, 2019 2:12 AM
May 2019
I can't wait for season 5
Because i'm fans of high school dxd i will give 9/10
Sep 25, 2019 3:43 AM
Jan 2017
the last battle is feel boring.. here we have bael who dont have the mana and destructive power from his born and just doing his phisycal power that more strong then normal devil have..
and issei who can ralise the curse and activating his jugesnut drive and trying to beat bael..
at battle bael push his own self to fight until he lose his mind but still fight just with his will,,
its really like "Rock lee VS Gaara"... then bael lose... issei got promoted.. confession to Rias
i dont feel the emotion ,,, nothing special
3/10
Nov 6, 2019 12:29 AM
Nov 2016
VERDICT: This time the anime was a disappointment....gonna satisfy myself with light novels....I suggest you do the same...

High school Dxd Hero I saw wasnt good I felt bored and bad ....there was no conflict and the fact that he eyed his girlfriend's mother and fell down to more fanseevice and cutting off all seriousness.....coupled with the fact that he was called Bb Dragon more times than his real name....I am gonna drop the series...had some hope looking at the harem and the fact that the MC never denies his feeling but capitalizing on more fan service and borderline nudity is no longer working I didnt feel the MC was cool in any episode rather he was disgusting....very disappointing High school dxd hero.....
Feb 21, 2020 4:28 AM
Jul 2019
Woot woot! Issei finally did it. Will they do it this time? Imagine telling everyone in class about him and Rias. The fight was awesome, hyped as hell.

I thought I would hate this season because of the new artstyle. Well I did hate it during the first three episodes. But after that, I got used to it. The animation was better here compare to TNK's in my opinion. I do miss the old artstyle and I want it back, but if it won't, then this is fine too. The story is still great though. Despite the change in artstyle, the story is still enjoyable and always kept me interested. Wish for a 5th season, if not, then I can always read the light novel.

High School DxD still gets a consistent 8/10.
Apr 24, 2020 9:44 AM
May 2012
Well, at least he finally confessed!
May 4, 2020 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Not the best season, but the series overall is nb. I hope they focus less on the action and more on the fanservice moving forward, and now that issei is no longer a pussy I feel like I could keep watching more of this. Only for the waifus.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 16, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
Kind of a weird ending tbh, the kiss would've been much better. They could've shown the Azazel and Sairaorg scenes before the kissing scene.

Overall I liked the story better than the one of the 3rd season, guess it followed the manga more properly now. What I did not like was the missing screentime for Akeno and the change in artstyle, though it's not as bad as people made it out to be. Still I have to subtract two points. 8/10
May 21, 2020 2:30 AM

Aug 2017
3/10 I watched this one in high speed very quickly. I never liked High School dxd compared to other harems.
Jun 29, 2020 10:15 AM
Jun 2020
Isso é pelo meu amigo Kevyn que quer mais uma temporada
Aug 6, 2020 3:48 AM

Nov 2018
Really good way to cap off the fight and this season, can't wait for next season as the next two volumes are the best in the entire series

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Aug 31, 2020 4:28 AM
Apr 2020
TrumpMD said:
3/10 I watched this one in high speed very quickly. I never liked High School dxd compared to other harems.

Worst of the lot mate. Among-st the worst I have seen and the cast indicates that.
Sep 1, 2020 11:05 PM

Aug 2017
28012001 said:
Worst of the lot mate. Among-st the worst I have seen and the cast indicates that.
Check out Nisekoi and Gotoubun no Hanayome.
Sep 2, 2020 5:59 AM
Apr 2020
TrumpMD said:
28012001 said:
Check out Nisekoi and Gotoubun no Hanayome.

Those are great, so much ecchi stuff in High School DxD. Not a great harem anime to watch.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed???

LoliSenpai0x - Feb 25, 2019

45 by William12259 »»
Jan 18, 4:08 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

103 by Siertaren »»
Jan 12, 11:31 AM

» Passione literally took all the soul from the series

ASanePerson - Dec 23, 2023

19 by EasyAdv »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.