Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Practice and planning.

The girl who transferred suggested her idea that sounds good, but not sure if good for the rules.

Buchou thinking of how KajiKaji's character think of her because he's nice to every girl

Press conferences for the battle. Not just them but also other vs.s

lol @ the sudden question about his ability and "misunderstanding". His opponent is still

Sauna with just two of them. Buchou asks him and and takes initiative.

He still calls her Buchou in this condition, which hurts her.

The kouhai girls somehow are in good relations regardless of the attitudes.

Getting to know enemies. Trainers with having someone hidden.

Mother of transferred girl greeting everyone and wanting KajiKaji's character to protect her from other guys.

Buchou asking the same question in front of everyone and he still answers same way, which everyone agrees his answer hurted her.

Battle finally starts next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 6:14 AM

May 2015
Issei fucked up again. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 7:17 PM

May 2012
He sure messed up in that ending... he's quite dense for being such a harem master! Well I do wonder how he'll fix that!
Aug 14, 2018 12:55 AM

Dec 2014
Girls …damn rias give him some slack the guy is fighting day and night…how would he what is going on your mind
Aug 16, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
That press interview was hilarious but that second part with Rias was just annoying. That scene in the sauna was hot (see what I did there? hehe) but it got completely overwhelmed by how annoying the whole issue with Rias is I mean bitch just tell him to stop calling you bucho and instead call you by your name and be done with it. I get it, Issei's being dumb not seeing the thing that's right in front of him so be direct with him. I hate it when women do this, refusing to tell it right into our faces expecting people to read their minds lol bitch we're not mind-readers.
Aug 24, 2018 10:55 PM

Apr 2011
Great. Another drama just before the next Rating game starts. Just when their spirits are high, Rias just has to brought that up. You can say Issei is dumb, but there's a reason why he's like that.
MagitoAug 24, 2018 10:59 PM
Sep 12, 2018 5:09 PM

Aug 2014
I think reading this was better. Seeing the conference and RiasxIssei makes me feel cringeworthy ;p
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 20, 2019 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
How dense are you Issei, even Rias' mother mentioned the whole thing about calling her "President" and what Rias really is to him.
Hell ... even all the other girls knows Rias is supposed to be something way more than just "President".
I can understand how Rias keeps thinking she's just one of all of the other girls he's involved with.

Tournament time!
Feb 19, 2019 8:27 PM

Mar 2015
Ayyy Hyoudou Issei, #1 idiot of the year!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 6, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
You know dense male MCs are the cliche in anime like this but even so there is a limit to what I can believe. Rias shouldn't have to go full Walter White with a "say my name". Sheesh.

Of course this is a harem show so is she just destined to be the best in his stable? Chief Concubine doesn't really say "i love you".
Jun 8, 2019 1:29 AM

Aug 2018
Issei has to be the densest of the dense. If this keeps up, I won’t be watching season 5.
Jul 7, 2019 9:32 AM

Dec 2018
Issei just what in the fuck is your problem, such a punchable mc sometimes
Jan 10, 2020 6:12 AM
Feb 2019
aaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii q Dlç

Feb 21, 2020 2:37 AM
Jul 2019
I don't blame Issei for not getting it. I mean, Rias slept with him naked the first time and it has become the norm for everyone. Imagine getting pushed to bed by naked girls every single day, and seeing how Issei is used to it, he wouldn't even see it as romantic. Just tell him to call you Rias like how Issei tells everyone to call him Issei and how Akeno told Issei to call her just Akeno when they're alone.
Mar 7, 2020 2:32 AM

Jan 2013
Even if there's an LN explanation for Issei being dense as a brick, there's no way in hell this makes sense after they went rogue in S3 and made a soapy finale with Rias in which she literally tells him that all she wanted was for him to say her name, so from an anime standpoint it doesn't work, she's not just "president" or one girl out of the harem anymore, she's clearly more than that. But hey, if I wanted characters that did things that actually made sense I wouldn't be watching ecchi, so I'll just go back to enjoying the boobs and the above average background elements.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 19, 2020 9:35 PM
Apr 2020
i will actually kick issei.
Apr 22, 2020 9:58 AM
May 2012
Even I don't know what "president is president" means.
May 4, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
Issei the greatest beta of our generation, He is making the show deplorable, If anything I was here mainly for the waifus.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 13, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
If even Xenovia thinks you've done something stupid, you must have done something reaaaaally stupid. I don't really feel that unnecessary drama between Issei and Rias, on the other hand I know it will be a big thing in the battle once they resolve it in the very end. Still could've done without it, they should be over such shit by now.
Jul 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2017
gswelcome said:
You know dense male MCs are the cliche in anime like this but even so there is a limit to what I can believe. Rias shouldn't have to go full Walter White with a "say my name". Sheesh.

Of course this is a harem show so is she just destined to be the best in his stable? Chief Concubine doesn't really say "i love you".

Rewatching this and come to the forum to see if anyone has the same thought as I do. I don't know whether the anime didn't adapt this part well or something but Rias seems like she's exaggerating it too much.

I mean, I know what's the problem because I watch this as a 3rd person perspective but if I were to put on his shoes, I wouldn't even get what the problem is.

Just like one of the quote from family guy says; "Man. We don't know we did".
Nov 30, 2020 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
Be on TV?
Saji.
Who are those 2 fine women sitting next to Sairaorg?
LMAO at the questions for Issei.
Rias comes in.
Dat oppai.
His first time?
Dat kiss.
Oh snap! Rias leaves.
Ravels okaasama. Nice oppai.
Okaasama told Rvel to get closer to Issei and that she's free.
Dat baka!
Issei's terrible? WTF he do?
Issei getting crucified.
Dat ending.

Who knew saying Buchou too much would lead to Hyodo Issei's downfall. He lost his first time opportunity and got called a baka. The hardships before becoming Harem King.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 11, 2020 12:32 AM
Apr 2016
That got a little "intense," but as per usual, Issei ruined his chances. He might be the dumbest guy ever, yes, but he also has the biggest harem ever! Pick one!
Jan 16, 2021 3:57 PM
Mar 2018
Issei is truly a dense idiot. He should have realised by now that he means something special to Rias. I think he should understand the kind of relationship she wants with him. However, she already knows his feelings, he telled and demonstrate her multiple times. What else should he do? I don´t think that calling her by her name would do anything. The next moment he would be calling her "Prez" again, just out of habit so what is the point. I'd say both od them are dense; one for not seeing eaht's in front of him and the other for expecting more.
Nov 16, 2021 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
I'm so over these fucking dense clowns who have had multiple, and I mean multiple times, to figure out or try to understand other peoples true feelings, etc. It's bee four seasons you retard. Honestly, he probably knows way deep down that they're more than their relationship puts on, but refuses to give it more thought.
Oct 14, 2022 12:26 PM
Sep 2021
Issei proves his autism to everyone
Mar 19, 2023 8:16 AM
Sep 2021
Dumbass drama just for the sake of drama.

Bitch please
Sep 21, 2023 1:21 PM

Dec 2022
This anime really does want to gaslight you into thinking Rias is hard done by, despite the writing contradicting that notion entirely. She mentions that they can be alone since "there's usually so many people around", as if she hasn't monopolised almost every duologue and interaction while actively sabotaging any chances for Issei to engage with the other club members. Akeno then mentions that is was "Issei's fault for not thinking of Rias", when she's practically the only person Issei ever ruminates on or has any romantic feelings for.

I fail to see the point in making a harem anime if only one character in the alleged harem is allowed to receive any affection or attention. DxD may as well drop all pretense and officially demote the other club members besides Rias and Issei to losing side characters so it can be the fake harem it so desperately wants to be.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 5, 2023 12:21 PM

Nov 2020
Can one man be this stupid?

More topics from this board

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed???

LoliSenpai0x - Feb 25, 2019

45 by William12259 »»
Jan 18, 4:08 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

103 by Siertaren »»
Jan 12, 11:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.