Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 12 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 1:30 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I AM MACHO PSYCHOLOGIST.

Hilarious.

This episode has a recursive song loop which is pretty interesting.

Kagari screentime, nice, she seems to be chill. Such a nice, sweet episode and now Mayuri has to be a mother figure (she always was, but now she has a daughter).

Persona 4 (Golden obviously) is better than Persona 5 imo

Aug 8, 2018 6:03 AM

Congrats Mayu. You became mommy! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Aug 8, 2018 7:36 AM

That song reminded me of dango daikazoku.
Her memories are back!
Lol, Okabe learned that song from Kagari.

Aug 8, 2018 10:06 AM

A lot of people (Including me) thought that they won't adapt this route, but they did.
This route shows Okabe an important lesson. They did it amazing. also there is a new version of the "song of the stars" with Mayuri which is beautiful.

Aug 9, 2018 10:55 AM
good episode. Very curious about lyrics and origin this song.

Aug 21, 2018 12:12 PM

overall a heart warming episode…I guess the song is of paradox…. Maybe the protagonist actually heard from kagari all along

Aug 25, 2018 1:51 PM

An episode about Kagari.

In the end, her memories are back. The song is just a loop lol.

Life has no meaning.

Sep 16, 2018 7:15 PM

Gotta love loops.

For some reason, this felt very Clannad-esque. I haven't watched that show in years, but I was just reminded of it.

Sep 27, 2018 8:53 AM

beautiful episode wow
now mayuri has 2 daughters ;p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 7, 2018 10:41 AM

Music and songs sure can trigger forgotten memories! Really impressive and bittersweet episode, especially that ending! Looking forwards to the next episode.

Nov 30, 2018 7:22 PM

Eh? Wasn't that the place where Kurisu became a shotacon in the movie?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)

Dec 1, 2018 1:29 AM

red-tomato said:
Eh? Wasn't that the place where Kurisu became a shotacon in the movie?

Yeah, it is. Remember the movie is not canon.
Persona 4 (Golden obviously) is better than Persona 5 imo

Dec 16, 2018 4:15 PM

hmmm I don't remember this part of the VN I missed some routes, but I found this episode interesting, I might need to read the rest of the VN to get a better understanding. But I do remember the music that turned a switch inside Kagari's mind. Also yes this chapter gave me some Clannad vibes I think is because the song. Also in the end Kagari seem not much younger than now, and wow Okarin learned the song from Kagari, it forms a full loop and big mama Mayuri! (K6205)
Modified by InefableAtaraxia, Dec 16, 2018 4:19 PM

Dec 17, 2018 3:13 AM
InefableAtaraxia said:
hmmm I don't remember this part of the VN I missed some routes, but I found this episode interesting, I might need to read the rest of the VN to get a better understanding. But I do remember the music that turned a switch inside Kagari's mind. Also yes this chapter gave me some Clannad vibes I think is because the song. Also in the end Kagari seem not much younger than now, and wow Okarin learned the song from Kagari, it forms a full loop and big mama Mayuri! (K6205)

The song is not a loop, it just seems to be a loop. You can read more about this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Dec 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Thanks! is interesting, it makes sense ;)

Dec 26, 2018 5:25 AM

All that jumbo-sized curry went to Suzuha's muscles and oppai. Did she get the appetite from Daru?

It's funny to see how nervous Daru is when dating Yuki.

So the song came from Okabe to his mom, to Yuki, to Suzuha, to Mayuri and ends up to Kagari. They didn't really fully explain how Okabe, or should I say, the teenager Okabe managed to know the song yet his present self doesn't recall knowing the song.

Anyways, I'm glad that Kagari's memories have returned. This means that she can finally use her knowledge on various things and also, Sweet relationship between Mayui and Kagari!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 26, 2018 5:37 AM
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

They didn't really fully explain how Okabe, or should I say, the teenager Okabe managed to know the song yet his present self doesn't recall knowing the song.

Okabe learned the song from Kagari in 2005. (however it's not a closed loop, you can read more about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/)

And the reason of that why Okabe in the present didn't remember the song and the young Kagari from 2005 is that he experienced many worldline shift and Reading Steiner. And when Reading Steiner kicks in, he can only remember to the previous worldline, but he can't remember to the events of the new worldline. So Okabe's memories before 2010 July 28th are from a worldline where he didn't met Kagari in 2005.

Dec 26, 2018 10:33 AM

SheevPalpatine said:

And the reason of that why Okabe in the present didn't remember the song and the young Kagari from 2005 is that he experienced many worldline shift and Reading Steiner. And when Reading Steiner kicks in, he can only remember to the previous worldline, but he can't remember to the events of the new worldline. So Okabe's memories before 2010 July 28th are from a worldline where he didn't met Kagari in 2005.

I figured it was something to do with the worldlines shifts. Thank you for telling me this

Mar 20, 4:24 AM

I liked the ED a lot!

Mar 23, 9:42 AM

SheevPalpatine said:

The song is not a loop, it just seems to be a loop. You can read more about this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

Damn, a lot of depth into the meaning of the song, thanks for the link!
Pretty funny to see them go back on it in this episode, from Kagari to Mayurii to ... etc etc.
Eventually seeing Kagari learned it from Okabe back when he was younger with Kagari being a "runaway"
Mayurii is going to be acting like a mom for Kagari now ^^

Also damn Suzuha, congrats on that win!

Apr 3, 11:39 PM

it was getting super BORINNNNNG!!!but the ending song and the ending kinda woke me up,,now iam into it baby!! (>-<)

May 5, 7:52 AM

Honestly this route was just as boring in the vn, so I didn't even expect much. I do love "Hoshi no Kanaderu Uta" though, it's sweet and calming <3

Jun 24, 8:31 AM
That was a emotional episode. Although I don't know how Okabe will explain the situation to Kaguri.

Also, that small nod from Okabe to Mayuri when she looks at him was a nice touch.
Modified by Unu5ual, Jun 24, 12:14 PM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jul 4, 8:19 AM
They need to explain more about Okabe's parents. His parents didn't even care his son being a mad scientist,lol.

Got some Deja Vu after watching this. (If you know what I meant)

Jul 9, 1:35 AM
I get that "Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu" isn't canon, but maybe - just a theory - Okabe met Kurisu, because he remembered Kagari's song heard in this place, and he was just coming back to hear it again?
And it leaded that he just became mad scientist (helping Mayuri) after meeting with Kurisu, what was explained in this episode, and shown in the ending of "Fuka Ryouki...". It all makes logical sense.. at least for now.

In the end, this meeting with Kurisu was laconic enough that he didn't say anything like "who you are" - he could think he met Kagari, therefore he asked if she got lost. Like he knew her enough to not ask about her identity.

Jul 9, 10:26 AM
Toma400 said:
I get that "Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu" isn't canon, but maybe - just a theory - Okabe met Kurisu, because he remembered Kagari's song heard in this place, and he was just coming back to hear it again?
And it leaded that he just became mad scientist (helping Mayuri) after meeting with Kurisu, what was explained in this episode, and shown in the ending of "Fuka Ryouki...". It all makes logical sense.. at least for now.

In the end, this meeting with Kurisu was laconic enough that he didn't say anything like "who you are" - he could think he met Kagari, therefore he asked if she got lost. Like he knew her enough to not ask about her identity.

Even if we consider the movie canon, the 2 scenes are not related at all, since they happened in different worldlines.

Aug 13, 4:08 AM

Nice to see Suzuha's parents finally on a date lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.