Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Aug 8, 2018 1:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eyyy MAL forums are back :D

Gotta love the parent-child love that Umibouzu and Kamui share, and by that I mean the pure hatred haha.

Also exciting that the focus seems to be going back to Gintoki and the people on Earth now. Can't wait.

Aug 8, 2018 1:54 AM

"Your sister ugly" - sogou
"No you " - kamui
Best argument and counter argument ever.

Aug 8, 2018 2:40 AM
MdotO said:
"Your sister ugly" - sogou
"No you " - kamui
Best argument and counter argument ever.

Indeed...Wars should be resolved that way.

Aug 8, 2018 3:16 AM
Is anyone else noticing the huge drop in animation quality since the shogun assassination arc?

Aug 8, 2018 3:35 AM

Son_nish-kun20 said:
Is anyone else noticing the huge drop in animation quality since the shogun assassination arc?

There's a lot of things that you need to understand, first of all, arcs before were usually 3-5 episodes long with only Yoshiwara being 8 episodes long, and surrounding them was comedy arcs, on top of that, those arcs usually only had 1 or 2 episodes of heavy action, so that's why they always managed to put out great animation in serious arcs, but even then it's not as good as you probably believe it is, it was never that much better than where it is now. But then SA and FS came about, and that's 17 episodes back to back, with quite a lot of action, that's why certain episodes had to be sacrificed so that others could look better(for example episodes 304 and 305 are 2 of the best looking episodes in the entire series, but 303 and 306 were pretty weak). They can't just make every episode look great. Then another problem started after 2015, when they changed time-slots and thus had constraints, that's why it has to be 12-13 episodes per season, and the fact that Rakuyou and Silver Soul arcs are almost non-stop action, and now they have less time to animate everything. On top of that a lot of animators left the series over the years(because there's animator shortage in Japan right now, a lot of Anime are suffering from this).
ASOIAF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your favorite Anime/Manga.

FMAB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FMA 2003 and it's not even close.

Also Griffith did nothing wrong.

Aug 8, 2018 3:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

No one talking about Nobunobu's death. #feelsbadman

Although he was an asshole, his final moments really got me emotional. The way he still forced his men to stop, even after being shot. Dude was a puppet his whole life, but he got to die as a king. Also hats off to Miki Shinichiro for nailing Sakamoto. Really felt the pain he was feeling with that top-tier voice acting.

The second half on the other hand had me laughing quite a bit. Gintoki making fun of Ane and Mone's appearance was awesome! As much as they're relevant, they're characters that got one episode worth of screen time almost 300 episode ago. And Umibozu's appearance, with him attacking Kamui, was great!

Aug 9, 2018 12:26 AM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
No one talking about Nobunobu's death. #feelsbadman

Although he was an asshole, his final moments really got me emotional. The way he still forced his men to stop, even after being shot. Dude was a puppet his whole life, but he got to die as a king. Also hats off to Miki Shinichiro for nailing Sakamoto. Really felt the pain he was feeling with that top-tier voice acting.

The second half on the other hand had me laughing quite a bit. Gintoki making fun of Ane and Mone's appearance was awesome! As much as they're relevant, they're characters that got one episode worth of screen time almost 300 episode ago. And Umibozu's appearance, with him attacking Kamui, was great!

I didn't feel as much for the guy as I think I should have (mainly coz he killed Shogun and was a douche in general) but it was good to see him have a sort of redemption, first from the shogun's sister and then the 'rebels'.

Aug 9, 2018 3:25 AM

Cried my tear ducts out seeing NobuNobu die. First Bansai and now him. ;-; Loved the way his character was developed over the span of time, I hated him for so long, really didn't think this episode would make me feel this way. The voice acting+bgm in this episode is god tier which made the impact hit way more for me. Second half was funny. So excited to see the Umibouzu,Kamui and Kagura (kind of) get along for once haha.

Son_nish-kun20 said:

I'd say the past two episodes this season have been a little bad but the first 3 was pretty great imo.

Aug 9, 2018 4:58 AM

Nobunobu is dead, good riddance, I will never feel sorry for that bastard.
Sadaharu is trying to save the world, cool.
Lol, Kamui didn't expect that last attack.

Aug 9, 2018 6:11 AM

Ulquiorra said:
Nobunobu is dead, good riddance, I will never feel sorry for that bastard.
Sadaharu is trying to save the world, cool.
Lol, Kamui didn't expect that last attack.

You're not supposed to "Feel sorry" for him, and I don't think anyone does, you're greatly missing the point if you think that was the purpose of this scene, but you are being harsh by saying "good riddance" the man redeemed himself and did the best anyone could've done in this whole period of redemption and could've definitely become a good ruler of Edo if he lived, so it's not good riddance at all.

Aug 9, 2018 1:12 PM
oof

I hated Nobunobu at first but after seeing Sakamoto influences changing Nobunobu I started to like him more.

Despite all the terrible things he did in Farewell Shinsengumi Arc, he manages to change after Rakuyou Decisive Battle Arc after a clash with Uranus Hankai gaining a lot of influences from Sakamoto.

He redeems himself after all the sins he committed, helping against the amanto invaders alongside with Zura and Sakamoto. It shows how a villain can turn into a good person in the end.

Aug 10, 2018 8:39 AM

rip NobuNobu :(
I started to really like his character after Zura and Sakamoto hung around him, it taught him a lot and changed him for the better.
Gonna miss this really well developed character :(
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.

Aug 10, 2018 3:00 PM
Norwegian otaku
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Son_nish-kun20 said:

There's a lot of things that you need to understand, first of all, arcs before were usually 3-5 episodes long with only Yoshiwara being 8 episodes long, and surrounding them was comedy arcs, on top of that, those arcs usually only had 1 or 2 episodes of heavy action, so that's why they always managed to put out great animation in serious arcs, but even then it's not as good as you probably believe it is, it was never that much better than where it is now. But then SA and FS came about, and that's 17 episodes back to back, with quite a lot of action, that's why certain episodes had to be sacrificed so that others could look better(for example episodes 304 and 305 are 2 of the best looking episodes in the entire series, but 303 and 306 were pretty weak). They can't just make every episode look great. Then another problem started after 2015, when they changed time-slots and thus had constraints, that's why it has to be 12-13 episodes per season, and the fact that Rakuyou and Silver Soul arcs are almost non-stop action, and now they have less time to animate everything. On top of that a lot of animators left the series over the years(because there's animator shortage in Japan right now, a lot of Anime are suffering from this).

And having poor animation these past seasons could also be a sign that they are keeping the good animation for later, meaning that the bad animation for the last while can be justified by future greatness and epicness. Maybe the final fight will be more crisp-looking than 305? I hope so!!

Aug 11, 2018 2:25 AM

Lord_Dracule said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

And having poor animation these past seasons could also be a sign that they are keeping the good animation for later, meaning that the bad animation for the last while can be justified by future greatness and epicness. Maybe the final fight will be more crisp-looking than 305? I hope so!!

I really wouldn't expect that much if I were you. If we say that 305 is an S level episode, then I'm expecting the big fight to be an A level episode. If you want more details on this ranking system of episodes' animation visit SenpaiJay98's profile.

Aug 13, 2018 11:13 AM

This episode was so fucking boring and slow. I felt like I was watching for HOURS.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Sep 3, 2018 4:24 PM

Legitimately forgot Sadaharu was a dog deity lool.

Sep 12, 2018 10:38 AM

the episode got intensified again.. Nobu dead and thensome

Oct 24, 2018 9:05 PM

Quite the slow and mediocre episode, still decent but the current flow of things are getting a bit repetitive...

Dec 20, 2018 12:05 PM

PLOTTWIST!
What a way to take the audiences off guard! Just when both sides have begun to calm down and cease their fighting thanks to Nobunobu's words. Some Amanto dude straight up killed the prince behind his back and shot through Nobunobu in the process.

Now that's some next level cowardly action!

Nobunobu has died, that just brought back the feels I got from when the previous shogun died, not to the same scale, but still man... Feels...

Aside from all these intense events, this ep got some jokes that don't feel too out of the place! And of course there's a 4th wall breaking joke too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 29, 2:18 PM

In the end Nobunobu parted honourably. Interesting character development to say the least.

Jun 11, 7:07 AM

Man, that cliffhanger from the last episode left me hanging a bit on Takasugi.

Nobunobu is a fool but died like a king.

Lol at Kamui and Sougou.

Jul 12, 1:03 PM

All hail random soldier who got double kill!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."