Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 2021 7:53 AM

Aug 2020
Love the Wataten reference.

Well, didn't feel that conclusive. But nonetheless, still enjoyed it.

Hopefully, we get to see more of Kou and Naoya in the ova. Love their relationship out of the three.

Despite enjoying this show, the main thing I didn't like is how Tarou calls Narumi cute, Hanako calling Hirotaka handsome and vise versa. Just seems odd that you would call other cute/handsome to a person (who is in a relationship) whiles being in a relationship yourself. Especially how they talk about each other's figure.

Either a 6 or 7 out of 10.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 5, 2021 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao the face Hirotaka pulled when Naoya casually revealing Narumi was Hirotaka's first love. I really loved Kabakura x Koyanagi but bit less on Hirotaka x Narumi as initially it felt really like they were dating out of convenience where actually their relationship is developing at a snails pace (not necessarily bad thing). I got to say the otaku stuff was really well done and did not feel cringey at all.

Jul 12, 2021 9:42 AM
Aug 2020
Woaahh I want moreeeee pleaseeee! That bit at the end where Nao said Nifuji got to date his forst love!!!! I LOVE IT!! I guess the 2 couples got a hint there and now they know! Hehe
Jul 12, 2021 9:49 AM
Aug 2020
MaxiDennis said:

Despite enjoying this show, the main thing I didn't like is how Tarou calls Narumi cute, Hanako calling Hirotaka handsome and vise versa. Just seems odd that you would call other cute/handsome to a person (who is in a relationship) whiles being in a relationship yourself. Especially how they talk about each other's figure.

Same. I dont like it also.... i dont like it also when Hirotaka always say somethinf about Hana's boobs like he was always looking and talking about it. :( it kinda hurt me when they are talking with their Juniors and then Hirotaka agreed when juniors saying like "Its natural for guys to pick sexy girls instead of cute girls"

But I think thats how adult is..?

But well, as you can see, even though they have different preferences about their ideal girlfriends, they still pick them. And we can see that they are smitten with them.
Jul 12, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2020
Engiem said:
MaxiDennis said:

Same. I dont like it also.... i dont like it also when Hirotaka always say somethinf about Hana's boobs like he was always looking and talking about it. :( it kinda hurt me when they are talking with their Juniors and then Hirotaka agreed when juniors saying like "Its natural for guys to pick sexy girls instead of cute girls"

But well, as you can see, even though they have different preferences about their ideal girlfriends, they still pick them. And we can see that they are smitten with them.

This did lessen the enjoyment factor a bit. Nonetheless, this show is still enjoyable (occasionally).

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 13, 2021 8:11 PM
Jun 2021
I hope that they're coming with a season 2, right?
Jul 26, 2021 2:28 PM
Jan 2021
This was the worst ending ever 😪
Jul 31, 2021 1:52 AM
May 2020
i erally wanna know about nifuji's first love now. it is what it is tho
Aug 5, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2018
rip Nifuji, death by starvation.

6/10
Oct 11, 2021 3:50 PM
Aug 2020
I love it!!! there's nothing much to say it's just makes me feel happy <3 and very single..
Oct 23, 2021 11:44 PM

Jan 2021
Lame only 11 episodes ....

Kinda wish they would have gotten further with their relationship that is for sure, and I mean I really like the last joke when Nao accidentally reveals the obvious truth that Hirotaka always loved Naru, but I do not know I kinda wanted it to have an "ending" even if it clearly has more source material.

gotta love that ero-poster :)

SEASON 2 WHEN !!?!?!?
Dec 20, 2021 4:32 AM

Jul 2021
It was a last episode Okay.
The anime disappointed me a lot, his romance was really weak, I hoped it would be much better. The biggest positive point of the anime in my opinion was the comedy, it had several scenes and funny moments.
asdasdsadad
Dec 20, 2021 9:04 PM

Mar 2020
Ngl, I was expecting to see more about Nao and his new friend. Apparently it wasn't a good idea to introduce a new character with just one more episode to cover it.

But Narumi and Hirotaka were just awesome xD

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 26, 2021 10:10 PM
Oct 2016
Judging by that reaction of Momose seeing Nifuji naked, it's safe to say they at least smashed off screen.
Jan 2, 2022 8:20 AM

Mar 2021
Loved this anime, the most relatable anime I ever seen, me and my best friend (a girl) and other friends, all weebs and gamers, love it xD
Jan 17, 2022 9:00 PM

Aug 2019
I’ll definitely need a second season for this anime. It was good and I had a great time watching it. I’ll miss seeing Hirotaka’s beautiful face tho.

I need more!!
Feb 11, 2022 12:11 PM
Aug 2015
I loved it! This anime made me so happy, it's so wholesome and wonderful!
I need a second season this can't be all of it ;___; 💕
Mar 30, 2022 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Man, that last episode felt like it was only 5 minutes long... this show overall was over way too fast, didn't help that it was only 11 episodes either. At least there are still 3 OVAs left to watch.
I'm pleasantly surprised how good this show was, I though the premise was too otaku-friendly and thought it would half-ass a lot of things. But the romance was nicely done as well as the nerdy stuff they were doing. Really enjoyed watching both couples, can't even say who I prefer tbh. 9/10
Apr 11, 2022 11:17 AM

Aug 2021
The story is very funny with its touches of comedy, the characters are especially endearing and the couples they form, both loving and friendly, seem to me the best I've seen in an anime....
Sep 18, 2022 7:32 AM
Sep 2022
YESSS i hope they all get married
Nov 7, 2022 4:28 PM
Oct 2022
Muy hermoso, solo ando en la espera de que si habrá segunda Temporada.
Nov 20, 2022 10:06 PM
Nov 2022
At first, it felt like a weird way to end the series. However, after a moment to reflect, it was a good ending if there were to not be a second season, and if left enough to be wanted and built if there were to be a second season.
Dec 16, 2022 8:34 PM

Nov 2022
Kabakura's reaction to Hanako's yuri comment was fucking glorious. Had me choking. And it's relatable. Narumi looked gorgeous today. Hirotaka is such a lucky bastard.
Jan 12, 2023 8:08 PM
Jun 2021
i rewatch this every week fr
Jan 18, 2023 9:52 AM
May 2021
This anime was amazing, liked all the characters and the comedy humour 😂😂. 9/10 🔥
Feb 2, 2023 1:02 AM

Jul 2012
Cultured otaku could be liked this..
But if u r looking for romance (how romantic otaku is), this is not the right place..
It is more like how adult otaku handle their lives while also have a GF/BF..
Not really reflected on reality, but..
It is still funny enough if that happend, i guess on japan that this can also happend..
8/10 for me
I just don't like the idea, that they pushing boys to like / read BL..
Same like how if some1 pushing girls read GL / yuri, how girls feel about that?
Hope for another fun moments on OVAs!! 👍

Feb 2, 2023 3:23 AM
Apr 2022
so good best anime easily
Feb 2, 2023 3:23 AM
Apr 2022
so good best anime easily so much depression
Feb 13, 2023 6:08 PM
May 2020
It was great that we found out that she was his first love, but... this was still pretty disappointing of a show.
A-1 pictures played it safe and, it is when they do, they are good at that.
Feb 21, 2023 6:11 PM
Nov 2021
Aww man... it's a pity that the final two episodes were like my only 5/5 in this series, but it doesn't mean I did not enjoy it, I loved this show, it will fun and light-warming but just too one-dimensional and felt flat boring most of the time, but 5/5 for this episode... :)
Mar 1, 2023 3:57 AM

Aug 2019
Ótimo anime. Gostei bastante.
Mar 19, 2023 4:17 PM
Nov 2018
La verdad, una jodida joya de anime, sin duda de las mejores comedias romanticas que he visto <3
Apr 24, 2023 12:19 PM
Apr 2023
good but not exeptional
Apr 29, 2023 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
MaxiDennis said:
Engiem said:

This did lessen the enjoyment factor a bit. Nonetheless, this show is still enjoyable (occasionally).

I mostly see high praises for this show and there was so much stuff off for me and it keeps bugging me because if I got these scenes right then I don't understand the high praise the show gets:
First scene was Tarou verbally abusing Hanako to tears and then being sweet on her... it just seemed so toxic and manipulative and I just don't understand how a dynamic like that is healthy. Why be with someone that keeps degrading you instead of uplifting you? I mean sure you can say that it's all a joke but... should that be something to joke about? I just don't get it.
The other scene is Hanako and Narumi talking about which of their boyfriends, if they were to bang each other would be top or bottom. To which our female mc Narumi says that it would be Hirotaka because she doesn't like his face. Firstly what kind of conversation is that? Secondly, why would you say something like that about your boyfriend? I... just can't root for these characters.
May 4, 2023 12:43 AM

Apr 2021
The show was great imo. I liked their wholesome relationship. Although the developments were pretty slow.

I'm probably gonna read the manga after sometime. Looking forward to it!!!
May 25, 2023 6:46 PM
May 2020
what a good way to end the season, so lighthearted and cute :)
Jun 24, 2023 4:15 PM
Oct 2021
so cute need a season two!!!
Jul 17, 2023 2:26 PM
Aug 2021
very cool romantic anime
Sep 5, 2023 1:53 PM

Mar 2023
I need season 2 desperately T-T

I have to say that kabakura was my favorite out of all of them <3
Oct 5, 2023 6:58 AM
Feb 2016
Anime about no kids and overpower main chars. so easy and perfect for killing time
Oct 10, 2023 12:50 AM
Jun 2020
hirari hirari mekuru
Nov 2, 2023 7:42 AM
Jun 2023
for the "final" episode for this season, this episode is lacking the ending impact of a love story anime. but the reveal of sakuragi gender sure gave a shock to me. what a way to drop a bomb. Thankfully this anime got a multiple episode of OVA to mask the emptiness of the ending. Should've been 13 ep 1 OVA in the first place tho....
Nov 14, 2023 5:02 AM
Jul 2020
Aren't everyone's first 2D crushes at the end more like their current partners? Hirotaka liked the "pure" type and Kabakura used to be into older women. (Idk who Doi Sensei and Amami Yuuki are). Tbh I kinda disliked how they kept pointing out they'd rather date each other's partners than their own (even as a joke), but it seems that they ARE their type after all!
Dec 5, 2023 9:36 AM
Dec 2023
Good for someone need comedy and romance anime
Dec 19, 2023 7:00 AM
Jun 2022
das ist super schön
Jan 1, 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
Purely petrified Kabakura xD
Awesome anime, manga too
Jan 15, 2:54 AM
Sep 2018
No new season ! Disappointing!
Jan 23, 4:58 AM
Senpai

May 2021
How would this get so popular on MAL ? I'm very disappointed. It is just average 5/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 28, 6:33 PM
Jul 2021
The best adult-centered Slice of Life I've ever watched. I love the manga as well, and even though it might never get a second season, I will always come back just in case it does.
Feb 10, 12:48 PM

Jun 2017
Fantastic show.The OP preludes what is to come for the next 20minutes .Looking for a coherant story which goes into the itsy,bitsy,gritty narrative ,then this ain't it.But that didn't detract it from being good.Through their colorful converstions ,playfull nagging at each other and going along their everyday chores it meshes remarkably well .Conflicts are often handeled backstage but they sprinkle enough for the viewers to know of its impended direction yet get their creative juices flowing.
Also credit goes to the VAs .Not unexpected considering their resumes but they brought life to the main 4 .
Overall gets a 8 from me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 13, 6:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.