Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:04 AM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It’s been such a long ride I can’t belive it ended so fast...
at least our poor soul found some peace at the end. 9/10
Aug 8, 2018 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome trainwreck ending, 4/10. Maybe if it wasn't so rushed I would have given it 5 but the series jumped the shark a long ago.
Aug 8, 2018 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
Frostbytes said:
Awesome trainwreck ending, 4/10. Maybe if it wasn't so rushed I would have given it 5 but the series jumped the shark a long ago.

ew plz, go make the kaguya chapter threads now
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 8, 2018 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
Golden_Scarlett said:
Frostbytes said:

ew plz, go make the kaguya chapter threads now

Busy posting in AD pls, don't care about kaguya anyway
Aug 8, 2018 2:45 AM

Aug 2015
Never expected that the ending of this series would be so happy that too without Kaneki or any other major character dying as i always thought that kaneki or touka will definitely die in the end but thank god nothing bad happened to them.

These 7 years have been quite fun and enjoyable and i am really looking forward to the future project of ishida.

Btw,do you guys know that what exactly happened to Eto or the manager in the end? as the last time i saw them was when the manager was encased in some kind of tub and eto was last seen laying on the ground after been revived and fighting with the V.
Aug 8, 2018 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
I am happy that Kaneki had a happy ending but the ending was rushed very much and some parts needed better handling.

madarchod said:
Never expected that the ending of this series would be so happy that too without Kaneki or any other major character dying as i always thought that kaneki or touka will definitely die in the end but thank god nothing bad happened to them.

These 7 years have been quite fun and enjoyable and i am really looking forward to the future project of ishida.

Btw,do you guys know that what exactly happened to Eto or the manager in the end? as the last time i saw them was when the manager was encased in some kind of tub and eto was last seen laying on the ground after been revived and fighting with the V.

I assume Eto died.She made a sneak attack on Kaiko with her dying breath and died after after he was defeated.

Also Yoshimura is dead.Kaiko also commented about a Kagune being made from Yoshimura.

These parts needed better handling.

Also Kaneki's daughters name is Ichika Kaneki.

Aug 8, 2018 4:30 AM

Nov 2015
What a bad ending just like the 1st manga ending.
Waste of time!
Anime adaptation well deserved

1/10
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 8, 2018 12:05 PM

May 2013
Old_School_Akira said:
Waste of time!

1/10

Anime adaptation is worse than manga, not bad ending at least it was happy but kinda rushed.

Aug 8, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2015
KalfKaneda said:
Old_School_Akira said:
Waste of time!

1/10

Anime adaptation is worse than manga, not bad ending at least it was happy but kinda rushed.

both are bad to me. i like no version
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 8, 2018 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
I like the ending (Ken deserved a good one) but feel its rushed (felt like twenty chapters of developments occured) and Dragon Rize should have gotten her own arc seeing as she was the final boss.
Aug 8, 2018 3:01 PM
先輩

Apr 2016
am i the only one not finding anything on chapters 180/181?? i only see websites going up to 179
Aug 8, 2018 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
That was a horrible train wreck, everything after the Kaneki\Arima fighting was just downhill and the story just became trash along with it characters

5\10 because the first half of the story was decent. Seriously Ishida dropped the balls hard on this one after Rue Island arc
Aug 8, 2018 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
This chapter reminded me why I hate happy endings.

I tried to be positive with TG:re, since the pathetic death of Tatara; I kept saying to myself that Ishida will deliver some good stuff with the rest of the characters later on. but from the story to the action and the fights; all I got is more disappointments.

I guess It was an ok read overall, 6/10 for TG:re
7/10 for prequel+sequel

AJ said:
am i the only one not finding anything on chapters 180/181?? i only see websites going up to 179

MAL is counting the number of chapters included in all the volumes, and one of the chapters was released with the number 31.5 so that is probably the +1, the other one is probably the Tokyo ghoul: Joker one shot since it was included in Volume 3 as an extra side story.
Aug 9, 2018 1:49 AM

Aug 2014
They rushed everything eversince the Juuzou fight,

Nothing make sense anymore since its mostly asspull, some plothole was buried with asspull ending too.

I am dissapointed, It was pretty good early on then it went downhill pretty damn quick.

from 9 to 8 to 6 then the last few chapter was below 5, Fking good job.

Also the anime adaptation is a trash.
Aug 9, 2018 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
It was a rushed ending, even Ishida admit he wasn't doing good and wanted to end in a good note quickly. He says he never took a break and if he were to he might not continue anymore. That's just how hard he is struggling recently.

Aug 9, 2018 3:21 AM

May 2016
AJ said:
Yes you are xD pm for info...
Aug 9, 2018 4:37 PM

Oct 2015
Raizel said:
AJ said:
Yes you are xD pm for info...

I thought there was no extra chapters only Ishidas afterwords and Ichikas character profile.
Aug 10, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing :re die a slow death over two years has been hard. I'm glad it's over but it's upsetting that we'll never find out his original plans for the story like what he planned to do with Eto and Hide.
Aug 10, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2014
Isaidlunch said:
Seeing :re die a slow death over two years has been hard. I'm glad it's over but it's upsetting that we'll never find out his original plans for the story like what he planned to do with Eto and Hide.

Look like Ishida wasn't fit to do long-running story after all. not everyone can be like Oda and Gusho writing the same story for decades.

hopefully his next work will be shorter and better written
Aug 11, 2018 12:52 PM
May 2012
Monstrum said:
This chapter reminded me why I hate happy endings.

I tried to be positive with TG:re, since the pathetic death of Tatara; I kept saying to myself that Ishida will deliver some good stuff with the rest of the characters later on. but from the story to the action and the fights; all I got is more disappointments.

I guess It was an ok read overall, 6/10 for TG:re
7/10 for prequel+sequel

AJ said:

MAL is counting the number of chapters included in all the volumes, and one of the chapters was released with the number 31.5 so that is probably the +1, the other one is probably the Tokyo ghoul: Joker one shot since it was included in Volume 3 as an extra side story.

Thanks! I have been waiting for 180 and 181 haha.
Tragedy my ass....This is a happy end.
Aug 12, 2018 8:04 AM

Feb 2017
Since GOAT stuff I started caring about the series less and less. I have nothing against happy endings as long as they are done right and lead-up to them is good. But the way it was done here really feels rushed and out of place. Feels like Ishida grew tired of doing this manga and just decided to end it. Real shame.

Even though I didn't like latest arcs, I really loved first parts of :re. In my opinion those first arcs are one of the best things TG as a whole has to offer. So it is 7/10 for me.
I am kinda sad it's over, It was really fun following this series for so long and discussing it with other people.

I'm looking forward to whatever Ishida decides to make next. I hope he learns from his mistakes in Tokyo Ghoul and if he does I'm certain it will be good.

Aug 19, 2018 6:31 AM

Oct 2012
I remember original tokyo ghoul keeping me reading it...

This one didn't and was much less enjoyable in the long run, had to press myself to finish it. Okay story, pretty bland characters, slightly rushed ending, nothing special, yet nothing bad - 6/10.
Aug 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
Such a horrible out of place ending..but I'm not surprised. This series used to be great but it went to shit after Arima died and it got only worse with each arc after it. Ishida is a fucking hack and the second half of :re proves it. He is fine at building up supposedly interesting stories and characters but fails when it matters (bringing all plot threads together and concluding them in a satisfying way, handling the large cast well and developing them well etc.).

1/10. This should be at rank 1000+

Aug 30, 2018 9:19 PM

Aug 2014
Aardwolf94 said:
Such a horrible out of place ending..but I'm not surprised. This series used to be great but it went to shit after Arima died and it got only worse with each arc after it. Ishida is a fucking hack and the second half of :re proves it. He is fine at building up supposedly interesting stories and characters but fails when it matters (bringing all plot threads together and concluding them in a satisfying way, handling the large cast well and developing them well etc.).

1/10. This should be at rank 1000+

I think they planned the best but i dont think he cant take it anymore so most of fight later on seems jumbled or skipped and rushed.

Was very dissapointed till this day i was hoping alot of story and plothole to be covered but Ishida asspulled it all on last chapter/
Sep 1, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2015
Everything felt rushed from Goat on, Dragon arc could have been way better executed (especially these last chapters) and I think that a tragic ending would have suited the series better, even if only Kaneki had died.

10/10 anyway because I enjoyed the s*** out of it
Sep 9, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
Could have been better - a lot better - but I enjoyed it for what it was. At least it tied up (almost) all the loose ends, and wrapped up everything after the plot became less grounded and somewhat convoluted at times.

I think what we're seeing here are the people who came after the fact to MLA forums in order to express their strong opinions, whether that be good or bad. As what tends to usually happen (nothing wrong with that, just pointing it out). Personally, just wanted to check out what the forums were like here after the whole extended shut down of the site.

My views lie somewhere in the middle, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an emotional ending after reading the manga for almost 5 years now. Man, time flies fast. It's crazy to think I started this series when I was 16. I recall Yoshimura explaining to Kaneki why Touka has to go to school to keep up appearances and take steps into her adulthood. I was reading this on my train ride home from church and recall feeling independent for one of the first times ever. Back then, I was tirelessly waiting for chapter 25 to be released, and now it's over.

I think it's gonna be tough for Ishida to further develop and innovate upon these characters and stories. It's possible, but given that the man has been working 7+ years on this series, he probably won't jump in on a sequel anytime soon. I'd clearly love it if he did though, as long as it doesn't get too jumpled like :re did at times.

8/10 overall, 9/10 if I'm being completely subjective & personal about it.
10/10 for the series as a whole, my all time favorite manga for a plethora of reasons!
Sep 18, 2018 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
It was alright, looking forward for smth more improved Ishida sensei.

Sep 23, 2018 5:44 AM

Nov 2014
Man, that was a comically bad ending. But you can't really expect much better when the author has stopped giving a fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2018 9:25 AM

Jun 2012
So what I got from this chapter is shits gonna repeat. The prejudice still lives on. These Dragon orphans have the intellect of a 5 year old rn but in 100 years might be on par with humans and ghouls. Next thing ya know theyre gonna want their "human" rights to a normal life. At least theyre not poisonous but hey thats Tokyo :rere for ya.

Overall this was just shit. I still enjoyed it to a degree, I do have shit taste, but everything about :Re was just so disappointing. Just gonna ramble for a bit. I didn't like how Ishida handled Haise disappearing (I wish he wouldve gave kankeki multiple personality disorder), the arima fight was pretty disappointing too especially with the oek shenanigans, V was just disappointing, Kuzen and Eto never really had any interaction, Suzuya being the next Arima (wut? NO) that shouldve been Amon and he shouldve never been turned into a ghoul, and how was Takizawa stronger than Amon c'mon really?, Urie vs SSS ghoul was just bullshit and even the fact that she had a SSS rating was stupid, Tatara did nothing, Furuta's entire character, goals, and motivation, I usually like unlikeable characters but this guy was straight trash, I still don't understand why rize was so special, black reaper got so much hype from fanboys when he essentially did nothing else besides his fight with Eto and his design is a straight rip off of Shinpachi from Gintama even his attitude is post-time skip Shinpachi, I hated the whole ending the classic we have a common enemy so we'll put aside our differences and work and live together dragon shit it works for some shows but not this one, too much trauma on both sides for it to actually work, dragon orphan generic ass enemies, hide being gay was shoved in there for no reason... his dads were gay so he just followed suit? he didnt display any gay tendencies the entire time he even made remarks about touka and rize being attractive iirc you could say thats just him trying to hide the fact that he's gay or that he's bi but that just felt lazy writing to me, and my biggest gripe by far is a point I thought of at the beginning. if they can make synthetic food for the ghouls to eat why the hell didnt they try that sooner? funding shouldnt be an issue either since you have powerful and wealthy ghoul families like the washu and the tsukiyama. Clearly the tech wasnt there 100 years ago and the fighting started back then but how was this never a thought once the tech was available?
Nov 22, 2018 11:10 AM
Nov 2018
Great story plot and has a twist! Good job Ishida Sui for making this Manga.
Feb 1, 2021 11:56 PM

Jun 2020
There's a chapter 181?
Feb 17, 2021 4:38 PM
Feb 2019
Wow. What a crazy journey its been. Hope newcomers don't focus on all the negative comments. It's easily one of the most entertaining and enjoyable manga's I've ever read. I will agree that things in part II moved too quickly and that the content to ingest at the rate it goes can be overwelming sometimes. But I still loved the crap out of it and recommend the story to anyone who is a fan of monster series. Thanks Sui Ishida. Can't wait to read your next work.

Oh yea, 9/10 for the series boys. For those who didn't like the way the story went... I don't know what to tell ya
Apr 17, 2021 2:20 AM

Mar 2017
There’s so much...
Banjou was kind MIA in the last arc, I loved his character
SHINOHARA omg! Yes!
Naki! Got his happy ending, definitely deserved it ! Best boy!
Takeomi & his wife are so cute
Iwao is alive, yes!!!
Where’s eto?
And isn’t the current Amon a clone ?
Itori is my favorite female character(next to rise), wish she had more screen time

I’m sad, after suffering so much(more than Ken ever did) they give Takizawa such a cop out ending. Definitely deserved better, his storyline was so tragic.

In my honest opinion it would have been a more befitting ending if Ken died. Saving everyone like he wanted. The beauty and tragedy that TG represents.
It would have made it perfect.
So many small pieces are missing, it felt rushed. I enjoyed the side characters so much more than the main.
I loved TG for it’s dark, tragic, unique storyline. It was the most amazing manga, but definitely one of a kind
LunarPisces1Apr 17, 2021 2:40 AM
Jul 11, 2021 6:23 AM
Jan 2021
After tokyo ghoul, tokyo ghoul re is important to read or not ??
Jul 11, 2021 6:24 AM
Jan 2021
After tokyo ghoul, tokyo ghoul re is important to read or not ??
Aug 11, 2021 8:41 AM

Nov 2020
For me its really good I love some characters, Kaneki is cool. whats bad about this there are alot of unclear deaths.

why did Tatara just died like that? by far thats the second worst character death(ofcourse L from death note still has the worst death)
May 10, 2022 8:54 PM

Jul 2021
This sequel is a blatant rip-off of what made the first so fantastic. One of the main issues with the overall writing is that there are so many plot lines/character arcs going on at the same time that it becomes difficult to keep up, but the most noticeable decline is after chapter 60, where flaws gradually become clearer and storytelling issues explode in the final arc, causing the story to cave in on itself.

The major concept has been condensed. It doesn't take an intellectual to understand how the final several arcs following Arima's death were of worse quality than before; doesn't have the components that offer a tension or development which was the first thing that this series is recognized for.

A second thing is that the fight scenes are poorly choreographed, sometimes it feels like Ishida sribbled on the page and called it a day, but still doesn't justify the lack of talent he has. Not gonna lie some swiftness is somewhat closer evidence to why the author wants to end this shit real quick, but still, there could be other reasoning like poor health 2-3/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 20, 2022 3:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So it ends a long journey, the development with got not only for Kaneki, but across tons of different characters, compared to where it all started is staggering.

Isaidlunch said:

I really feel like reading this manga weekly was the downfall of a lot of you guys.
S1 is over-rated, I did like it a lot after reading, but I could never care that deeply for its characters.

The built up we had on first 1/3 of the manga was great, I really loved the direction the mangaka gone for Kaneki/Haise in this sequel Re (aka S2).

The biggest downfall of the manga is having too many different characters that it wants to handle (and some action scenes not making much sense from a visual perspective, as in, you cant understand SHIT), but still there were tons of characters I was invested and I liked how many times, perspectives are switched from Kaneki to tons of other characters, you really feel that there are tons of occurences going, a living world in a way, and that while Kaneki might me the center, he is far from being the sole actor/player.

Art got really great from S1 to Re, not that S1 lacked its moments, but compare the design of Rize from early on, to how the mangaka drawns her in these last chapters, when alluding to scenes from early on S1 and even before that.
Really love the style this dude gone for, and the covers for the volumes of the manga are really gorgeous to look at, besides tons of extras for these volumes.

I will admit, this ending was not the biggest highlight of Re, there were more than just a few moments that felt more peak than this, what I meant is that Furuta was a lackluster villain in a way, and that it kinda felt lacking the final challenge to be Kaneki going inside to kill Rize, destroying Dragon in the process.
Still, I really liked that we got to see Rize once more, I wanted more of her, a long dialogue between both would have been great, pity... Eto too, at least she didnt really die, but she isnt even mentionated after that, then again, her father had already suffered such a shit outcome aswell, so another critic to the manga would be how some characters get outcomes that felt too rushed.

When I started reading the original manga, never having seen the anime, I was never expecting to the like this series this much, neither I imagined it would be Re, S2, doing that for me. This one did tons more for me than S1 did, so despite its shortcomings, we got tons of characters I loved, a narrative that is told simultanely from different perspectives, with quite a few scenes that felt just amazing climaxes to the development they were build for.
And then this ending was nonetheless really satisfying, minus Amon/Akira that I didnt see an outcome for, japanese seem to have a thing for SHIT endings, yet this wasnt just a few pages, it had me reading each page carefuly and the last few pages were beautiful and left me feeling great, that last scene, the view with Kaneki and his family was very meaningful.
Thank god I experienced this series fully in manga first, now I m going to watch the anime just to see them animated, and I recall when S1 for Tokyo Ghoul was going on in 2014 yet me having zero interest, thankfully.

9.0/10 = 9

Score is a bit higher than I first expected to give, but it just reflects how the whole journey in Re was for me, a really long and mostly really interesting journey that keep me invested whenever I read and then had to re-read to catch on what I missed from putting this on hold.
I really imagined myself liking Re way less, from score alone, I at least had some doubs, would it even be nearly as good than S1, which already said score was far from appropriate to what I felt like?´
Definitly relieved so many users here have shit taste!

Mister Sui, despite this series having been a burden over the long run, despite you running yourself dragged, despite what everyone here first say on their first time finishing Re... you did a DAMM GREAT JOB.
Tons of respect, I wont forget this manga or its characters, and the whole edgy shit with people bashing is just retarded, in the end of the day, people rely on these terms too damm much to shit on stuff, the qualities of this series really go above its MC.
Someone has to one end day explain to me why edgy is bad, I have yet to feel like I liked something less, because a bunch of smartasses circle jerked around something, calling it edgy.

Actually interested in Sui's next work, but it is still very early on, maybe when it is finished I will go for it.
Jul 21, 2022 10:29 PM
Mar 2022
I like the ending. 10/10 MASTERPIECE
Oct 7, 2022 11:32 AM
Oct 2022
idk it was hard to readbut but :D
Oct 19, 2022 7:05 AM
Apr 2020
Yall just hating the ending was fine
Feb 15, 2023 2:11 AM

Dec 2020
'The journey has been nothing short of a masterpiece'- is what I wanted to say, don't get me wrong, it was pretty good but some things felt missing. Got me hooked until the very end, however, it felt a bit rushed toward the end (?). It would've been better if we had gotten a look at Akira and Amon's ending (after 6 years), and also a bit of briefing on Eto. I mean, wasn't she supposed to be dead? What happened to Kuzen? Is he still trapped in a pod somewhere? Or did he pass away after being constantly farmed for Kakuhos? Things were also looking a bit repetitive with all the fights and new characters with their own arcs, which made it a bit difficult to keep everyone on track. Another reread is needed to fully appreciate all the quests and character ideologies, but I'll keep it cool for a while.

Overall, to me, this is one of the best mangas out there. I don't know when, but I'll definitely give it another read in the far future.
-Aurelius-Feb 15, 2023 2:17 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                      My reviews

May 4, 2023 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ken and Touka had a kid at the end and lived happily ever after what a wholesome ending for this story that is just Elfen Lied as a battle shonen still mid 
Jul 29, 2023 9:01 PM

Dec 2009
My 2020 Loose Breakdown of the Manga per Chapter:
Oct 11, 2023 4:13 PM
Jul 2023
Finally these bitches get a happy ending.
Oct 24, 2023 12:18 PM
May 2022
Old_School_Akira said:
KalfKaneda said:

5 years later. Shut the fuck up
Oct 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to NoUsername09
Old_School_Akira said:
KalfKaneda said:

5 years later. Shut the fuck up
@NoUsername09 nope. Still bad and so was the sequel RE.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 21, 2023 8:21 AM
Sep 2019
I enjoyed the ride that was Tokyo Ghoul:re. The anime left me wanting more so I began to read the manga and came to find out wow they left out massive bits of the manga unadapted. The dragon scene, Kaneki's and Touka's marriage, and the moment where Touka tells the doves that she doesn't care about the differences between the ghouls and humans and leaves behind her anonymity are all incredible parts of this series. I do still find the last moments where some of the doves are created by this founder who creates human hybrids with ghouls to be strange but the Frankenstein theme is interesting with the viewpoint of Kaneki accepting himself as a ghoul in loving the ghouls around him and building and entire underground society for them but also accepting his human self and refuses to kill for unneeded reasons that the ghoul instinct has.

Overall thank you for the experience that was this manga, it was a pleasant experience.
Apr 12, 1:47 PM
Mar 2023
it seems like not many people enjoyed re. I made a right choice to not see reviews before reading. For me it was very good. idk what yall talking about. 8/10 imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM

» help refresh my memory pls

Hunted - Aug 11, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Aug 25, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.