Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not surprised but glad to see that Satou took care of the two guys harassing Shio.
One of them even tried to make a move on Satou. Perhaps Satou shouldn't go to such extreme measure if she wants to avoid attention next time...

Not going to lie, I think some of the male characters in this series are very creepy.

Shio needs to really watch herself.
Aug 8, 2018 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
So this episode marks Satou's first use of actual violence since the series began, and honestly the circumstances and results of that do make it clear why she has been reluctant to do so during the series so far (her "murder room" or whatever in the house notwithstanding): she's placed herself at serious risk by not being very careful as, even with his eyes gone, surely the guy and his friend saw enough of Satou to give a detailed description to police (are we supposed to believe that having her hood up was a sufficient disguise?). There's also the fact that lolicon Mitsuboshi saw Satou fleeing the scene with Shio, something that is sure to catch up to her soon.

As for Shio, her situation has become a little more interesting now, as the details of her family life and past are steadily becoming clearer, and with that her interactions with Satou started to feel slightly more forced than before in this episode. It's soon going to become a question of what straw will break the camel's back, as it were, in this situation.
Aug 8, 2018 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
Literally the whole cast is crazy in this series lol. Well maybe not Shio's brother? But even he's a little weird with the whole reciting the vows thing.
Aug 8, 2018 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
Satou gouged the pricks eyes out. So damn brutal.

I'm assuming the people Satou murdered in the apartment, Shio is staying in, wasn't her parents?
Aug 8, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2015
Mahou Shoujo Site had some substance behind pretty much every character being deranged- namely the whole magical girl system.

This doesn't, which isn't good.
Aug 8, 2018 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
I’m glad the adaptation is faithful to the manga. Can’t wait for what’s gonna come next, ‘cause it just gets more fucked up from here
Aug 8, 2018 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
So many questions are going through my head

I really can't wait until Satou's past is more fleshed out because I really want to know what happened to her that drove her to do this. The only clue we have right now is she was living with her aunt when she was young and it seemed that her aunt was being abused as like Shio's mother.

Was that Satous Aunt or a person who kidnapped her like Satou did to Shio?

Is Shio finally coming to terms with her family and realizing the situation she is in? will she just end up being another Satou in the future and put another kid in the same predicament she was in with satou?

Does Shio actually want to get out of the situation she is in with satou after thinking about her mom?

Can't wait to watch more :)
Aug 9, 2018 5:39 AM

Dec 2017
This show just doesn't make sense, pal! It's really unlikely that people would be THIS evil in real life. It just doesn't feel natural... I guess I'll wait for this one to finish airing and give it a look then.
Aug 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
This show is just so gross and unsettling lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 11:41 PM
Mar 2014
It was great seeing her crazy again
Aug 10, 2018 8:32 AM

Dec 2014
Satou went from Yuno on dopes to Shion on meth
Aug 10, 2018 5:31 PM

Apr 2016
I literally got up to turn the light on when they showed Shio's closet.
Aug 10, 2018 9:44 PM
Mar 2017
Satou take care of the bad guys for making Shio cry and mistreat her (i saw that coming), and the woman in Shio´s mind was her mother at the end, she looks scary and i don´t like her

Satou flashback look like Shio ones, maybe both have terrible experience in the past.
Little satou looks adorable
The sensei is fucking disgusting, make him suffer Satou

Shoko talking about the "crime" near their work was so funny (also because the culprit is next to her), Satou and Shoko friendship is so sweet

That draw in the wardrove was sacry, if she is Shio´s mom, then that woman did something terrible to her daughter
We will know more about all this in the next episodes i hope
Aug 12, 2018 2:10 AM

Jun 2013

Hmmmm, where do I begin?

I don’t remember her actually gouging out the guys’ eyes in the manga, I think she just threatened them and they ran away but I could have missed that. It’s good that they’ve finally established that woman that has plaguing Shio-chan is actually her mom. I like how this show transitions from light and fluffy to dark and twisted almost instantly. For example, when two of Satou’s classmates were asking about her relationship with their teacher, she seemed sweet and then she gave him a death stare that turned him on.

That teacher is definitely into femdom or perhaps he was converted to femdom after meeting Satou. Lick that computer screen, you bottom. Mitsuboshi is still fucked up and drooling and probably jacking it to Shio-chan’s missing poster.

Damn, Satou has saved a lot of money. She doesn’t know about Shio-chan’s hidden drawing in the closet though, at first I thought she was cleaning that up. And of course, at the end, we have ANOTHER stalker who is sniffing and drooling over Satou this time.

I had my weekly dose of this fucked up series and I’m fucking loving it.

Cr4zko said:
This show just doesn't make sense, pal! It's really unlikely that people would be THIS evil in real life. It just doesn't feel natural... I guess I'll wait for this one to finish airing and give it a look then.

In real life there are murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. There are people in the world who are just downright monsters.

臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
How is it even possible that everyone are psychos .... Jesus.....

Aug 12, 2018 1:22 PM

May 2018
TehManiac said:
How is it even possible that everyone are psychos .... Jesus.....

That.
After 4 episodes you pretty much got the gist of the show. I do enjoy watching Happy Sugar Life but it just doesn't seem good to me anymore when half the city is made out of complete nutjobs. The author should have left that premise to the main character alone (and MAYBE 1-2 others characters at most) and leave it at that.
Watching the ED-after scene, we get another freak, sigh...
Aug 12, 2018 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
i know ....but yeah the plot isnt so noteworthy that im watching it with curiosity rather for fun !

Aug 13, 2018 11:25 AM

Dec 2016
This is kinda hard to take seriously

Edit: and i feel like it wants to be taken seriously
Aug 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
They got what they deserved. Trash should be cleansed. Was pretty funny when the second guy said "she looks pretty dangerous" and the first guy was still "nah, i gonna get that pussy".

But she has not killed the lolicon. That is going to make a lot of problems for her. Seems she has some sort of moral system - killing only those that inflicted pain on her/Shio. She has yet to discover that Mitsuboshi is a lolicon, and a creepy one at that.

Cr4zko said:

Ignorance is bliss, not knowing is blessing. But yeah, too much of those crazy people in one place tbh.
Aug 30, 2018 9:05 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Shio's mom is crazy.

Teacher is still creppy. Mitsuboshi too. At least that two idiots got theirs.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 31, 2018 9:28 AM
Aug 2018
Bibimbapski said:

Damn, Satou has saved a lot of money. She doesn’t know about Shio-chan’s

If I'm not mistaken, she has 1.252.405 yen, which amounts to roughly 1 250 dollars. Not really a lot of money. I wonder who is paying for the house ? (rent or paying back the loan).

But she has not killed the lolicon. That is going to make a lot of problems for her. Seems she has some sort of moral system - killing only those that inflicted pain on her/Shio. She has yet to discover that Mitsuboshi is a lolicon, and a creepy one at that.

I think she did not see him (which is weird because it's not like he was hiding). But otherwise, she would probably have figured out Shio was talking to the lolicon ?

Wait & See.

PS : Sure, they had to make one of her co-worker creepy :)

Sep 1, 2018 12:29 AM

Jun 2013
Rukodaime91 said:
Bibimbapski said:

Damn, Satou has saved a lot of money. She doesn’t know about Shio-chan’s

If I'm not mistaken, she has 1.252.405 yen, which amounts to roughly 1 250 dollars. Not really a lot of money. I wonder who is paying for the house ? (rent or paying back the loan).

Actually, a million yen is closer to ten thousand US dollars. In that case, she would've saved about $11,275.00 still it'snot that much but for a high schooler, even in Japan, that's quite a lot especially since she just works part-time.
臭い-
Sep 2, 2018 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
First time we actually see Satou use violence to defend Shio. I'd count her as a serial killer at this moment even though she's likable? I don't know, I feel like the characters in this anime all have serious trauma that could have been avoided had one detail in their lives have changed. They're all not far from being "saved" but some have gone a bit too far to avoid any real and serious consequences including our beloved Satou.

I would definitely like to advice people to watch this while having someone to talk to. It's super disturbing to a point where it can definitely cause trauma to a viewer. It's stuff that can occur in real life so please, if you feel like this anime is getting to you, stop watching it and talk to a medical professional.
Sep 7, 2018 7:02 AM

Jul 2009
Seems like Shio's mom was crazy...
Sep 13, 2018 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
Well things got dark all of the sudden … I am like totally stuck to my seat…wanting and anticipating what may happen next.. one thing is certain everyone is a creep in this show…
Oct 13, 2018 10:21 PM
Mar 2017
I do not think it's good for a girl's health to leave her alone for long. And I think that she does not go out to study / make friends ... normal that she has gone crazy, only makes her trauma worse.

(It reminds me of the story of Giorno Dio, who is currently in broadcast (jojo vento aureo))
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 15, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2012
Another pretty crazy episode if you ask me. She truly is a yandere! And what's up really with yandere's and pink hair right?
Dec 5, 2018 12:18 AM
Oct 2017
Lanz said:
Mahou Shoujo Site had some substance behind pretty much every character being deranged- namely the whole magical girl system.

This doesn't, which isn't good.

True it doesn't seem to be explaining anything at this point. And why are all the characters typical psychotic randoms?
Dec 11, 2018 5:14 PM

Jan 2012
I kinda think if they hadn't made literally EVERYONE so batshit crazy this could be a super strong horror anime, like this was tame compared the other 3 episodes for me personally but I actually found this to be the most unnerving (and not in a gross uncomfortable way) shio and the closet scene was super freaky!

the show has it's problems for sure but I'm a sucker for horror and dark things (however over the top this show may be) so I'll be watching until the end. I would be lying if I said I wasn't engaged or wanting to watch more....
Jan 1, 2019 9:05 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Satou being a BAMF taking those fuck boys out.

The teetering edge of being caught and characters through line with these two girls is getting extreme to say the least.

Also give this girl something to do all day, what she suppose to do. Stare at the wall??
Jan 12, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2018
I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE IN THIS ANIME ARE CREEPY PSYCHOPATHS.
ALSO I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY I'M STILL WATCHING IT.
But maybe I want to know what are the reasons of the craziness of this town and hope that it will be explained soonly.
However, it's so sad that Satou isn't the only one psycho. It makes this anime totally unworthy seeing.
Aug 16, 2019 4:29 AM

Jun 2017
this episode was way slower paced than the previous 3. it was still intriguing though.

i knew she was gonna kill them from the beginning lol.

so we have a contradiction between Shio's memories and her brother's memories of their mother and how she behaved. considering that her brother is sane and she isnt,i am going with his version for now.

also,lol at the complaints that "everyone here is nuts and that is unrealistic and harms the show". first,that is blatantly false(the brother isnt nuts, her school friends arent,most of her work friends arent). second, talking about anime being unrealistic is hilarious. because you know,everyone having super powers in naruto is super realistic,and it is totally explained where the code and geass powers come from in code geass right? yet both are considered two of the best anime of all time. "realistic" and "anime". pick one.
Mar 24, 2020 11:45 AM

Dec 2008
This show is definitely good, but not in the way I'd describe any other media I've seen as 'good'. lol @ the person in this thread telling people they might want to talk to a mental health professional about what they see here
Mar 30, 2020 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
This is probably one of the top three most disturbing anime I've seen so far and I'm almost at the 500 completed mark. I keep shaking my head (with a disbelieving smile, I do enjoy stuff like this) and saying WTF constantly throughout this show. You know, I certainly wasn't ready for this lol, I didn't know much about the show at all beforehand...
Jun 4, 2020 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
I was going to say "gee, I wonder when we'll find out Satou's work friend is a sicko" and then I saw the after-credits scene.

What are they putting in the water in this neighborhood? At this rate, Shio will probably kill someone by the time the show ends.
Jun 22, 2020 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
What's up with happy sugar life..

Is there a normal person on this show? The teacher literally licked the screen like what the hell..
Not even gonna comment that blonde pedophile... Makes me sick thinking about it..
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Dec 21, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2019
Why is everyone weird af. Give me a normal character please. That ending tho (post-credits) and also Shio-chan's drawing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 9, 2021 4:46 PM

Nov 2013
I'm starting to dislike this show... -_-
This is lazy writing. How can you expect the viewers to take the show seriously when the characters are a JOKE! Is there anyone who isn't mental???

At this point, the show is trying too hard to be edgy. Disappointed, really...
May 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2020
Stark finally posted in this forum I thought he didn't bother this series

Shio chan is really thinking about her past deeply and her mother appears before her

Satou really needs to take caution in her actions she might even get caught in the future, Shio-chan also needs to look out for herself

Still weirded out by Mitsuboshi, Shio is really in danger if Satou ever finds out she's lying and in fact, she might suspect her as of now.

I think everyone in this series is messed up in the head
Sep 6, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2021
Hang on- Taiyou lives with his family? I assumed he lived home alone since they never showed anyone to be worried when he was missing in the first episode. Also do they just never look in his room? Surely his family should atleast notice his weird behaviour. The plot holes in this series seem to be getting bigger and bigger each episode

Also, if they've been living in this house for the last four episodes, why is Satou only now trying to clean off the blood stains? They portray her to be smart, but she's constantly making mistakes that are easily avoidable.
Oct 11, 2021 8:22 PM

Nov 2009
This is the first psychological I've seen in a while that doesn't have supernatural elements. Enjoying seeing how trauma is affecting everyone. There's awkwardness between Satou and Shion now and for the first time, Shion wasn't waiting to greet her and lied to Satou. I'm kind of expecting Shion, the most innocent character, to end up being the most brutal in the end, given all the disturbing attention she gets. Interesting series albeit it unrealistic. Would hope no one, especially a teenager, would get away with murders that easily. Looks like she had those bags of body parts for a while as well, they'd start to stink pretty quickly and trusting the teacher not to look for example.
Jan 1, 2023 12:39 PM
Sep 2021
it creep me out a little...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

42 by neptuneSXDLl »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

328 by Phixiately »»
Mar 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

81 by Phixiately »»
Mar 20, 9:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.