Forum Settings
Forums

[Update Aug 31] Maintenance Updates: The Forum is Back Online!

New
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
I hope somebody I know is still here.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 8, 2018 3:01 AM

Jul 2015
Oh no, forum trashposting is back

I mean, yay!! I can finally discuss about seasonals
Aug 8, 2018 3:03 AM
Apr 2017
Xinil said:
To add to what Kineta has said, I want to personally apologize to everyone for the stress and inconvenience this has no doubt caused you all. I will do my very best to ensure we steer clear of something like this again in the future.

You all worked hard, pretty happy Mal is back again.
Aug 8, 2018 3:05 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome! The site is back dudes! Rejoice!!!
LEGENDARY BAKA
Aug 8, 2018 3:07 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
@Luthandorius

"I only hope the mods/admins aren't going to be tooo harsh in deleting posts. Some might be less nice. (Even I feel like I'm a bit in an area where it is possible to get deleted/warned when I advice people not to pay any money.)"

I'm sorry, but that's silly. They have never done this, much less for saying you shouldn't give money to the site. I guess you don't really have the best opinion of MAL mods, but we aren't bought to do the owners' bidding :P There are rules that explain when you might get warned or have your post removed and to even have a post removed in an announcement thread, it either must be irrelevant (usual spam or insisting on derailing the thread) or offensive/insulting (aka lots of swearing and pure rant). You are very much allowed to share your opinion and multiple times before have people said to not give money to mal and guess what, their posts have been fine :P

Either way, I just wanted to clear that up, cause that's a jab at the moderation team and while no team is perfect, it's an unfair accusation!

Other than that, I more or less agree with you. Mal hasn't ever been really fast with anything, but the first couple years they added a variety of features that were useful (my favorite is the Seasonals page) and fixed bugs. The past year though it seems everything had come to a longer standstill, except for the manga store (which I do like as an idea, but it's far behind other places) and then THIS happened and everything became EXTRA slow. With that pace, I kind of believe we'll start seeing some new things (bugs or something else) with the new year :'D

That's just my opinion though. I'm glad MAL is back up, but I believe everything that was salvaged was mainly thanks to Kineta and Xinil and then the moderation team on social media who tried to be in contact with many users. If it were up to the owners... :^)
Aug 8, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2016
"MY FIRST SPEAKING AFTER 2.5 MONTH"
OHH its really nice

Aug 8, 2018 3:14 AM

Dec 2016
good job staff :3
Aug 8, 2018 3:18 AM

Nov 2017
Cool that MAL team decided to 'close' the site in order to put the security first. (as it should be).
If anything like this happens in future, I hope MAL team will be doing a better job at communication.
Aug 8, 2018 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
Well ... I knew that the moderation staff is different from the developers. Only a bit weird if the mods know stuff like estimated time for the next updates/functions to be restored ... and are communicating it at twitter.

Bit weird ... if it isn't that much of a secret and you can disclose it at Twitter ... the devs from the company updating the change log / updates ( https://myanimelist.net/announcement/201806 ) could just have included a bit more info directly there.

And regarding the deletion of posts and money and other stuff:

Well ... we don't know that DeNA or whatever they are called would do. They might have stricter rules and might try to enforce it (so they can make more money) ... I mean if they are the owners they could just force the admins/mods to be more strict regarding certain stuff. (And if they aren't they could just change the admins/mods.)

That's what I meant. That the current admins/mods by themselves (without pressure from DeNA) would do so ... I don't believe that. I think most already have made it clear that they weren't comfortable with the situation and how DeNA handled it - which seems more like they'd understand users complaining about it.

Maybe like 1 or 2 officials from DeNA should be directly registered in the forums and communicate with users every now and then. (Probably a lot of people don't even know that this company in the backgroudn exists ... and think MAL is owned by the MyAnimeList LLC mentioned at the bottom ... and Xinil or some other admin owns that company.)

DeNA owning MAL (I guess they bought the MyAnimeList LLC at some point) is only communicated every now and then in some posts in the forums. And I think Wikipedia has it included.
Aug 8, 2018 3:20 AM
May 2014
Well, I don't usually talk in the forum but I must say thank you.

It sure was a difficult time and it seemed so long but we are finally almost back so, yeah, thank you for the work and everything ><
Aug 8, 2018 3:20 AM

Dec 2016
Thanks for every admin. who worked so hard to make the site gets back again. We appreciate all that. Thank you again.
Aug 8, 2018 3:22 AM

Nov 2014
yeaay, finally forum is back

thank you for MAL team who tried their best repairing and recovering the site
Aug 8, 2018 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
Ahh finally! i miss forum so much. ;-;
Aug 8, 2018 3:32 AM
Dec 2017
Holyyyy shiiii
Aug 8, 2018 3:36 AM
Apr 2011
Good work from the MAL team.

I see a lot of people expressing disappointment towards the maintenance window, although I understand this 100%, I would rather see the site down temporarily rather than permanently. Good work MAL staff, and thank you for all your hard work!

Here's hoping the forums isn't as toxic as the discord, though.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Aug 8, 2018 3:38 AM
Jan 2016
Finally :*(
Aug 8, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
GURETO DAZE
Aug 8, 2018 3:48 AM

Jun 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i'm using anilist right now

MAL is dead for me...

Sayonara
Aug 8, 2018 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
Yaaay
We're back \o/
I've been on Mal for 4 years, you all have done a excellent job for all this time, especially during events, especially during Malloween. I would never judge you for the past 2.5 months, you were all trying your best to bring this back to us. We all know, sometimes, shit happens :)
Aug 8, 2018 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
I'm very happy everything is (almost) back. You don't realise how much you miss something until it's gone! When I couldn't update my list anymore I panicked, I missed the news feed immeasurably, and even though I am not that active on the forums, I missed reading discussions, comments and opinions of other people who share the same love for anime manga etc as me.
Of course I felt a bit left in the dark at some points, but at least for me, all is well that ends well.
I missed MAL and need it more than I thought and welcome you back in my life with open arms! *hug*
~ yay for stalking friends list updates again! <3 =3 ~
Aug 8, 2018 4:09 AM

May 2015
Almost 3 months. Worst maintenance I ever seen...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
Man, did this take longer than it needed to.

Do you have how many episodes I wanted to discuss while this place was down? I lost count!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 8, 2018 4:29 AM

Apr 2018
Finally! Now I have something I can use to slack off at work instead of actually working!
Aug 8, 2018 4:33 AM

Apr 2017
Honestly, it's been a disappointing up and down roller-coaster waiting for things to go back to normal and it's sad it's taken this long to get fixed.
However, It's nice to have almost all the main components up and functioning.
Thank you to the staff for keeping us as updated as possible.

D E L I V E R Y | H A T M
Set by『 V A L I S O
Aug 8, 2018 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
StormSky92 said:
So are you going to admit that this is all DeNA's fault or are you going to continue to stick up for the shitty corporation you sold out to?

They can't buy it back most likely, this is what happens when you sell your soul... Company policy in Japan is the worst thing ever, doesn't work over here.

silverwalls said:
eh, not moving back here from my backup list until API is back. but nice to finally see the site coming back i guess

Same. And Kitsu doesn't let you export without the API, so MAL is screwed xD

Shishio-kun said:
Time to regroup after that MALpocalypse O_o

Hi Shishio, still alive, but won't return unless imports and cover generators are back. I'm not sure I'll ever invest time on MAL anymore as today other listing sites are pretty much the same without good custom layouts. This is some let down :[
Aug 8, 2018 4:51 AM

Jul 2014
Considering how long this took it feels like you rewrote the entire code of the website from scratch.
Aug 8, 2018 4:55 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Reirugan said:

MAL is dead for me...

Sayonara

But you bothered to log in and post that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, makes sense :^)
Aug 8, 2018 4:59 AM

Sep 2012
Well I hope this would be a new beginning for MAL. Glad to see it back.
Aug 8, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2017
damn i literally forgot this site existed and stopped checking and now the day ive finally started reading manga again the forum is up? the fuck
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 5:05 AM

Mar 2008
It's back!!! Although I don't use the forums too much. I still like talking about an episode every now and then.
Aug 8, 2018 5:09 AM
Jan 2016
Thank you for your hard work, MAL staff.

sasalx said:
Well I hope this would be a new beginning for MAL. Glad to see it back.

Yeah. Maybe with fewer users, but new nevertheless, & hopefully better too.

MagwitchOo said:
Considering how long this took it feels like you rewrote the entire code of the website from scratch.

I know little about building website from scratch, but the whole thing definitely felt like a rebuild. I have never, ever known any website to undergo such a long maintenance because of vulnerabilities. I even would not be surprised that the securitis were so vulnerable that something must be compromised & MAL/DeNA decided to not telling us.
Aug 8, 2018 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
Maffy said:
Reirugan said:

MAL is dead for me...

Sayonara

Well don't want to break it for you but that was a bait and you answered it. He did his job.
Aug 8, 2018 5:15 AM

Jan 2016
Glad the forums are finally back. c:
Aug 8, 2018 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
Just too late, lots of people already leave MAL and too lazy to update their list.. since we cannot open MAL via third party or app , now we must back to old times (open via browser) just to update.. it's kinda more effort just for update the list
White_AliceAug 8, 2018 5:23 AM

Aug 8, 2018 5:19 AM

Mar 2014
Welcome back!
Aug 8, 2018 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Well, for now...

Aug 8, 2018 5:30 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
sasalx said:
Maffy said:

Well don't want to break it for you but that was a bait and you answered it. He did his job.

But isn't it sad when they do that? If my response makes him happy, then good for him. It made me happy at least so I'm good. And it would be even sadder if he replied back, but that would also make me happier, so really, win-win here :D
Aug 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Jun 2014
Nobluesky said:
unless imports and cover generators are back

well, @import now work for list's owner
and malamute can generate covers for first three hundred entries
so you can return anytime you want
Aug 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
Glad we're back, yay! Thanks MAL staff for your hard work :3
Aug 8, 2018 5:43 AM

Jan 2015
Wow I can speak again haha! I know the staff have been working hard to get it up and running so the delay was fine for me :). Glad to be able to mingle and talk to my fellow anime lovers :D
Aug 8, 2018 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
The last 2.5 months have felt like a filler arc
Aug 8, 2018 5:51 AM
Sep 2015
Back in action boi!
Aug 8, 2018 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
Hiruzawa said:
Nobluesky said:
unless imports and cover generators are back

well, @import now work for list's owner
and malamute can generate covers for first three hundred entries
so you can return anytime you want
Well, to be honest, I wanted to use a classic design. Yeah, this is almost trolling at this point, but it's what I really want :P
Aug 8, 2018 5:57 AM

Oct 2013
Great now I can get banned for doing shit in forums.
Aug 8, 2018 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck DeNa. They made me miss Crave
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 8, 2018 6:09 AM

Mar 2018
Welcome back, MAL!

Man, it's been long two and a half months. Now I kinda feel awkward to post again lol

Aug 8, 2018 6:11 AM

Jan 2018
Well its about time.

Aug 8, 2018 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
With all things considered, this thread is a lot more civilized than i expected it to be.
Aug 8, 2018 6:13 AM

Dec 2014
Glad to be back .:)
Aug 8, 2018 6:19 AM

Aug 2017
Finally the forum came back, and good that several functions of the site are coming back!
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

201 by EverySportsAnime »»
7 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Destinesia »»
10 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3340 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.