Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2018 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
Was good in the beginning, should have ended the series at episode 16 where they just all live happily ever after in their life dome or whatever or at episode 21 where they chase VIRM off planet earth and all start a new life on earth and let the future generation deal with VIRM. Whatever, I'll still watch episode 13 every once in awhile for my demon Loli fix
Nov 21, 2018 3:54 PM
Nov 2018
How frustrating. The show felt really ,really good for 18 episodes. Just good fun character development that worked despite some heavy handed themes. Then it just got confused and you didnt get as much of what you liekd for the first 16 episodes. A smaller scope here would have been fine because you were so invested in squad 13's personal story. You don't need to save the universe. Just save these kids.

I didnt understand all the hate it was getting once i got past the fan service in the first few episodes. Now I get it.

They blue balled us.
Nov 22, 2018 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
Just finished it.

Was the space thing dumb? Completely. I'd much prefer a generic all-out battle on Earth than this, but I'll forgive it since it only lasted 2 episodes (a flaw in itself), and that what we saw happening on Earth was really good.
Yeah, reincarnation was kind of a lazy ending, but it's much better than having them show up exactly how it was.
Overall, I really like it. The last 2 episodes were lukewarm, but considering everything before it was really good, I can forgive it mostly.
Masterpiece? No. Miles better than your average seasonal? Yes.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Dec 7, 2018 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
Truly "impressive", on different levels.

I said last episode (23) felt like it moved extremely fast. Well this episode packed in 10 years excluding the last couple minutes which passed how many decades/generations.

So many (basically all) characters I didn't care for, as they felt less like characters and more like gears to turn plot points. So many things unexplained - just "this happens, then that happens!" without making any sense (or even trying to). These weren't trivial things either, they were crucial to the story. It felt like this anime combined 5+ previous anime series.. No, not combined, but (s)mashed.

The good news is I figured it'd be mediocre from the beginning and only chose to watch it for all its memes popularity. Despite being 24 episodes I remained entertained (again, truly "impressive") throughout. There were actually one or two moments that I felt were unique and memorable to this series, which is more than I expected.

Dec 25, 2018 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
i liked the anime overall, really wasn't a fan of the space thing. didn't find it necessary and after episode 19 i was kind of confused most of the way through. this anime isn't a masterpiece in my eyes, but it's entertaining. 6/10
Dec 31, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
No bitter ending at all. Happy ending!
Jan 5, 2019 10:20 PM
Aug 2017
I'm crying so bad right now I feel like my body went out of water. I simply don't know what to say it's been a while since I last watched an anime, I thought I just didn't like it anymore but after this, I wanna watch even more. I feel terribly sad but also happy. Thanks for making such a beautiful anime. Enough talking. Ok. Bye!~ 💙♥️
chamomilleteeaJan 5, 2019 10:25 PM
Jan 11, 2019 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
It wasn't flaming garbage. Nor was it a masterpiece. Z2 does stand out a lot even though it was somewhat confusing why she would be calling Hiro darling at first when she doesn't call any one of her other partners 'darling'. If it was established that she only call the one that she loved darling, the boy in the snow, why did she do so if she didn't know at first Hiro was the same boy she met 10 years ago, call him darling? There was also an instance when she looked visibly disturbed when Hiro didn't kiss her, and she laments being a monster in his eyes, so she doesn't know or does she? Also, why was there an old man piloting the FranXX with her back in Episode One?

Adding to the ending which I thought fit the already confusing nature of the anime. I guess that's just the type of story Japan likes to write.
Jan 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Quite disappointed with the ending ._.

Jan 13, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2017
YOU get pregnart!
YOU get pregante!
EVERYBODY getting pregananant!
Jan 14, 2019 11:25 AM
Apr 2018
If MAL hadn't been down when this aired, I think this ep would've hit a record for forum responses. Episode 14 has 1400... IDk, it's something I just came up with.
Jan 14, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2018
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-14/kentaro-yabuki-says-darling-in-the-franxx-manga-will-have-major-divergences-from-the-anime/.141952

To Love-Ru and DARLING in the FRANXX manga artist Kentaro Yabuki posted a special message on December 30 on the Shonen Jump+ website, where the DARLING in the FRANXX manga is currently being serialized. He thanked readers for their support for the past year of the manga's serialization, and said that starting from the next issue (chapter 37), the story will begin to have major divergences from the anime.

DARLING in the FRANXX is an original science-fiction television anime by Studio Trigger and A-1 Pictures. It began broadcast in January last year alongside Yabuki's manga adaptation, and concluded its run in July. The manga is still ongoing. Chapter 37 was published on Shonen Jump+ on Sunday, and will be free to read for a limited time.

Yabuki said that so far he has been incorporating gradual changes in the manga version, but that the latest chapter represents a turning point. He describes the direction of the story as "the ultimate what-if route," and said that presenting an alternate story is the reason why the manga version has continued past the conclusion of the anime.

Jan 17, 2019 11:29 PM
Jan 2019
KAPAN KELUAR Y SESION KE 2....??
Jan 18, 2019 10:34 PM
Nov 2016
Boring, the final part is predictable and a bit like the old mecha anime
Jan 19, 2019 8:30 PM

Oct 2018
Reigokyuu said:
Boring, the final part is predictable and a bit like the old mecha anime

Which is why the manga what-if route is exciting.
Jan 31, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
i put off watching this for the longest time and honestly, when i started it i was not into it at all and seriously considered dropping it around episode nine. while the whole “virm is the real enemy” thing that popped out at the very last minute has me confused, i really enjoyed the relationship-centered parts of this, and although it seems the ending has a lot of people mixed, the whole episode had me in tears. i thought it was very beautiful and bittersweet, and i’m glad that zero two got to reunite with her darling in the end

8/10
Feb 2, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah I had similar feelings. Show was alright, better than the MAL Nobility made out. I didn't bump into as much issues as they made out... and it kept me from watching for so long.

My only gripe was not getting a satisfying release for Zero Two and Hiro. Always busts my OCD the reencarnation; their squadmates will just believe they have died and the new characters aren't... them. The real people we saw on the show are deep space dust now. However I wonder how the girl has pink hair, it doesn't seem natural in this world.

A better ending IMO, would have the original cast teaching the future generations about Hiro and 02 by reading the story book we see so much throughout the show to their children ending with the two fighting still for the future of humanity somewhere out there in space using their love bond to plod on.. wings and all as the fight isnt yet over (or so the show implies). They gave their all for humanity and earth hope some day they will be reunited.. leaves it a bittersweet open ending for the viewer.
DrPopkorneFeb 2, 2019 6:42 AM
Feb 7, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2017
I gave it a good 8/10 in the end, that's a pretty powerful end even if it's slightly WTF.
There are emotions and our characters grew up and built a better world, it's sad for Zero Two and Hiro but they were at peace so it's fine.

That's great because because the show bored me a lot in the first 8 episodes, so much that I stopped watching it back then before coming back to it this week.
Feb 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
I think this show gets more hate than it deserves, but that tends to happen when people bandwagon things and think in a group mentality. That said though, I give it a 7/10. First half was alright, ranged between 5 - 7/10, but was interesting enough to keep going. Second half I liked a lot more, 7 - 9/10. If I really like the ending run of a show I tend to score a bit higher but this show had so many things ripped off that I think a basic 7 is a fair final score.
Feb 17, 2019 2:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was good till episode 17, i just punch my wall and made a hole cause of the final, first half 9/10 then 1/10 so ~5/10 overall
Mar 10, 2019 8:33 PM
Jun 2017
So in the end, this was that terrible calamity the bitches arounf here were moaning about? Was this so terrible to warrant fuck knows how many threads ranting like childs?

Yeah, it was a bit messy and rushed, but so were KLK and GL for a lot of episodes too, including their endings.

To be fair, I'd have it without the endings of any of this shows. The imagery, metaphors and onirism are too present in these type of works and it's the reason why so many western media series (Galactica's final) or games (Mass Effect 3) get so much stick too. It's too easy to delve into the phylosophical when the story gets out of hand...

Anyways, even if rehashed, the show has a lot to stand proud of and even if not too original, it's still enjoyable and quality. The "infranet creatures" might want you to believe otherwise but it's been a critical success and a notable show overall. The teen sexual innuendos (no, that's not fanservice you morons) were excellent metaphors too.

PS. I love the blood boiling haters reactions to the kokoro storyline. That's life. Learn to.deal with it. You can't expect all animes to idealize relationships or life to mold to ones ideals.
Mar 24, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2016
This reminded me of Qualidea code, especially around episode 19-21 the real antagonist was showed and it was amazing. This anime made me so emotional, I really had hard timing to finish it because I don't want it to end. It's the best.
Mar 28, 2019 8:05 AM
Jun 2014
this started out good, showed potential to be great, then ended up as a lovechild between aldnoah.zero and guilty crown

giant semi-naked zero two ftw
Apr 19, 2019 12:15 PM
Mar 2018
I'm satisfied with this ending. There are still lots of things we don't really understand but besides that this show was wonderful. 10/10 in my book.
May 27, 2019 7:33 PM
Oct 2014
took me a long time to finish this show but, it was somewhat worth it. But the ending seemed a little rushed, they took a lot of episodes to built the caracthers and their bonds of relationship, to the final strike be that, just a strike.
May 31, 2019 2:08 PM
May 2019
I loved it - It was pretty straightforward and predictable but it was well done and the end was very emotional .It gets a lot of hate like all things these days but I appreciate it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be or what I would have done . A good love story
Jun 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
Now that I finished it after seeing so many rants about this anime, I can definitely say its not as bad as people made it out to be. The theme of the anime is simple, yet bittersweet and I think they managed to convey it decently throughout the anime with the characters and their relationships. Ending wise, I liked it. It wasn't the greatest, but I think it concluded the series well enough.

I give it an 8/10. Def enjoyed it.

Jun 14, 2019 1:42 PM
May 2019
I really enjoyed watching DITFxx. But I think the ending was weird, I first of don't like the idea of them dying. I don't like endings like that, second is just the way they rushed it. The end was way too complex. I still enjoyed watching though. I cried in a lot of episodes, and generally though good of it until the end. I do think another season is possible just not with the same characters - "Darling" And "002" but their minds and souls could be passed to the kids we see at the end, where it also says "And so another story begins." It could be a sign for a new season, or just to show that something similar to the story might happen again, we just don't get to see that

I really think it's sad it had to end as it did. Really, it ruined me for some time, I was really down. Even now if i think about it I might get tears in my eyes, if you think I'm a wuss. then maybe, I just like to put myself into the characters "shoes,"and imagine im the person that lost someone or was the one that died.
Jun 16, 2019 7:44 AM
Jan 2019
The ending was not really to my liking, focusing on Zero Two and Hero, but of the other characters if it touched my heart and I almost cried with emotion.
I think a different ending for Hiro and Zero Two would have been much better. They also deserved to be happy alongside their peers, who became their family ... their friends.

Regarding the anime in general:
It's amazing. I loved it from the beginning. A unique, captivating and incredible story that catches you as you go. Mecas, klaxosaurs, a beautiful antagonist (Zero Two), nice characters that develop over time, some ecchi and comedy, action, romance, drama, mystery, fiction, a beautiful opening and incredible endings. What more could ask? I can only say "good work" and "thank you".
Psdt: Since we did not have a pre-anime manga, the spoilers avoided us and the emotion was preserved, I loved that.

Believe me that had it been a different ending, I would have given 10/10 to this anime that caused me many emotions during its broadcast. I cried, I laughed, it moved me. It was really good while hard.
Jul 28, 2019 9:21 AM
Apr 2019
This anime made me cry for real why 002 and 016 have to die why? They were truly in love for real why they didn't come back home I cry but it was a little better wen reincarnation of 016 002 meet but srsly I hate creator that made so sad 😭😭😭
Aug 1, 2019 12:39 AM

Nov 2012
Until the last episode, I hoped it would still be Eureka 7. But it was Gurren Lagann.
Aug 22, 2019 6:18 AM

Aug 2013
This anime became a symbol of our time how pathetic anime could be, 4 shifts of plot style direction barely every 6 episodes, this is how looks like situation when developers don't even know what they are doing and what they want. It feels like they are absolute amateurs because who the hell start anime with melodrama based on characters and their relations if you didn't show them yet, who the hell after such start changing anime to slice of life romantic comedy, why it's once again a drama after a half of anime with mood roller coaster when one episode is positive then negative then positive then once again negative, is it some kind of experiment of Dr. Franx? Ended this anime even worse than it started somehow, before around of episode 20 people asked many questions about plot since anime stayed silenced but then after episode 20 only one question is remained: "Where from this bullshit came from?". Some questions are supposed to stay unanswered.

it reminds me another piece of crap - Shinsekai Yori, both are pretentious as hell and full of fetishes, story is awful, characters are dull. But even Shinsekai Yori is better than Darling in the Franxx since first one is some kind of original at least when second one is full of references and stealing. At least Darling in the Franxx won't have second season because of such ending, big thanks for that.
Sep 15, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2006
I still have like 500 questions and I doubt even the staffs of this show can answer them because they probably pulled a lot of things out of their butts, especially in the last few episodes.

If I had watched this while it was airing, I would have probably dropped it. Also, I hate ending scenes where they show the characters being reborn and meeting again. I've seen that scene SOOO many times in other shows that it doesn't do anything for me. I mean, if you want to kill off the characters, go ahead, I'm ok with it as long as it's justifiable and does something for the story but don't feed us with "oh look, they met again after being reborn and now they can finally have their happily ever after ending even though they don't remember each other which makes their past together completely pointless!".
Sep 17, 2019 6:38 PM

May 2010
I go through the series again for past 2 days. Ikuno is not my favorite character and people doesn't seems to talk much about her but I personally think that she suppose to have bigger role but cut short probably because they decided to concentrate on their red oni blue oni thing.

I just had these feeling where Goro setting suppose to be dead and Ichigo end up with Ikuno at the end not Ikuno with Naomi. Ikuno secretly combining her DNA with Ichigo's to create new life. She also done some studying on the Franxx in preparation for Season 2 invasion.

The scene where she slap 9a make me think: Ah, this is it. The point that is set for future. It's will be the total shift from Boy X Girl to Girl X Girl like what normally the industry love to do.
Oct 7, 2019 8:37 PM

Sep 2016
This episode hit right in the kokoro, if you know what I mean :)

I had to watch all the anime in one go and it got me hooked for the whole duration.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was perfect, but I'll give it 10/10 anyway because it hit all the right spots for me.
Basically it had stuff I liked from TTGL and Kill la Kill, with a satisfying ending nonetheless, that last scene was priceless!

Also, all the characters got what they deserved.
And Goro looks like he's ready to become the next Hokage, lol.
FullyChargedOct 8, 2019 5:50 AM
bruh
Oct 22, 2019 8:22 AM
Feb 2019
Spoilers Guys I have come to the conclusion that this Series is actually EVA 4.0
Oct 25, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
Kurogamikyosuke said:
Spoilers Guys I have come to the conclusion that this Series is actually EVA 4.0

Nope, it's actually Diebuster 2.0, Gurren Laggan 1.5, or even... Eureka Seven SAO (worst than AO, hahahahah)!!!

Now, if you mean that Evangelion 4.0 may have the same ending like it, well, I doubt that Hideaki Anno has such a little imagination, as the writers of A1 Pictures, to put a Gurren Laggan/Eureka Seven/Gunbuster-like ending, xd! He may put the ending of Evangelion's manga adaptation (that it was somewhat similar to that of... Madoka, lol)! But if you ask me, for Evangelion to have a ''happy end'', that may be kind of... ''blasphemous'', heh, heh!

The irony is that the second movie of Eureka Seven (second) remake took some inspiration from Darling!!! What I mean? Bone's Eureka Seven has a character named Anemone, that like others (like Asuka from Evangelion, or Lum from Urusei Yatsura), she inspired Zero Two! Well, in the second movie of the remake, Bones seem to took inspiration from Darling ''success'', and they make her look more Zero Two-like, lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdrw_e7o4zo
Dec 14, 2019 9:24 PM

Nov 2019
This is one of the most beautiful anime endings in anime hands down
Everyone is TRIPPIN I can't believe they hate in this
Jan 14, 2020 10:43 PM

Apr 2015
I'm happy and sad at the same time with how it ended. I was longing for the type of closure that Kill la Kill brought and I somewhat felt it. I'm so torn on how to feel though.
Feb 23, 2020 4:43 AM
Apr 2018
Hello everyone I am Aryan and I want to say some my feelings about this anime the one of the most thing that I love in this anime is that the character of 02 and hero I like most and the last episode was a very heart touching episode that I can't handle it and I am start crying seriously I am waiting for season 2 please is this is my final request from all of us would want season 2 of darling in the franxx and please release the darling in the franxx is 2020 and I hope you can understand my feelings and I special thanks to the writer who write this anime Bhupesh one of the best Masterpiece of Anime darling in the franxx I know my English is not too good but hope you will understand my feelings and this is my final request please please season 2 update thank you
Feb 23, 2020 4:50 AM
Apr 2018
Enna said:
I still have like 500 questions and I doubt even the staffs of this show can answer them because they probably pulled a lot of things out of their butts, especially in the last few episodes.

If I had watched this while it was airing, I would have probably dropped it. Also, I hate ending scenes where they show the characters being reborn and meeting again. I've seen that scene SOOO many times in other shows that it doesn't do anything for me. I mean, if you want to kill off the characters, go ahead, I'm ok with it as long as it's justifiable and does something for the story but don't feed us with "oh look, they met again after being reborn and now they can finally have their happily ever after ending even though they don't remember each other which makes their past together completely pointless!".

Hey don't tell it that you have got so many scenes that the character and entry Born Again you know what this anime is the one of the best anime that I have ever seen in my whole life and I am very happy that there are so many writers like that who gave a so beautiful stories of animals which are heart touching I am special thanks to the writer and please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please release this season 2 cause if season 2 will not release in the 2020 I will commit suicide
Feb 25, 2020 4:14 AM
Jan 2018
I really loved the story at the beginning but i hated the end, if they made it like they were able to return and live together or that after they returned the horns are gone and they became humans, and for some reason i feel like the creator wanted to end it but didnt know how to although it was an amazing anime and i would have given it a 10 out of 10 if the ending wasnt that they reborn
Mar 13, 2020 10:37 PM
Apr 2019
I get what they're trying to bring here but yeah so many cringe and facepalm scene.. but its not that bad tho... i did enjoy the waifu war and memes..
Mar 22, 2020 1:58 PM

Jun 2012
Cant believe this show missed the opportunity to smack dat cockpit ass and say ikimasu. Only neg in the entire show. solid 9/10
Mar 23, 2020 12:43 AM
Mar 2020
I just want the creators to change ending. Just... One more episode episode 25 where Hiro an Zero Two are coming on earth. I dont like the ending. Pls. Hiro said to Zero Two in childhood that they are going to marry. They need to marry and idk a baby. Just. Creators... Pls remake the ending🙏🙏🙏🙏 pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!!
Apr 3, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2020
Shame the serie gots so much hate, really loved it. okay the plot twist of the VIRM was kinda forced and out of nowhere, I have to agree on that, but aside from that it was a perfect anime. 9/10, 10/10 if they didn't fked up with VIRM
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
Apr 4, 2020 6:49 AM

Apr 2018
First 16 or 17 episodes were really good i was thinking to give this show 7/10 even though there was not much story and show was revolving around love triangle drama then after that it felt like show become really stupid with ridiculous plot twist but I ignore those plot holes becuz this show is really well made with amazing animation,fight scenes and some good moments but holy shit these last two episodes were fucking terrible and full of bad writing that i was laughing throughout the episode and i believe anyone who has watched some good mecha or space opera shows knows that this was so stupid especially how Zero two become robot and both of them enjoying their honeymoon in space yeah I really want to give this show good rating becuz some episodes were really good but i can't ignore what happen in these last two episodes so 4/10
Apr 16, 2020 10:17 AM
Apr 2020
I am every dissapointed
I can't begin to explain how sad the ending was the last two episodes hiro and zero two didn't even meet his friends before they died and they got reincarnated and they don't have memories of them together there're friends were probably hoping that they got to see them again but they didn't get to see them beacause by the time they returned there're friends were probably dead...........................
Killua_TokyoApr 16, 2020 10:25 AM
Apr 16, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2018
I heard this show stirred up quite a bit of controversy among the fandom especially concerning the choices the character Kokoro made and how the series concluded.

I was expecting a trainwreck, I was expecting to be upset. But what I got was just a big, fat, MEH. This show was neither good or bad. It's just...mediocre and really, really stupid.

Nothing memorable about it and certainly nothing worth getting upset about.

PS: Kokoro did nothing wrong.
Apr 16, 2020 10:50 PM

Mar 2018
I actually really love this anime! I'm not too much for a stickler for details but it was kind of cute and adorable !
lola uWu
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.