Forum Settings
Forums

Man anime just doesnt feel the same anymore. Do you have this too?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
May 26, 8:08 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

When I started there were all these great anime. They were all unique and special to me.
I remember almost everything from those anime from ep 1 to 12/24/w/e and now im like ''Man another meh anime. Where are the good shit at?.'' And it just doesn't feel the same.. like do I just watch trash shows lately or is it because I got used to anime.

How about you?

{welp it seems that i already created this thread... I forgot... my feelings havent changed a single bit..}
Modified by Takamura-sama, May 26, 9:00 PM
I have yet to find a man who fapped more to anime than me.(JOIN NOW!) https://discord.gg/FjFP4jR if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

May 26, 8:23 PM

I checked your list. You should try Evangelion.

May 26, 8:26 PM

you either burn out, or your taste is not catered by anime medium, or anime medium models is not fit for you or you too overstay your save zone without attemt to get out of it... it's normal... change to manga/novel medium like me man for trying...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

May 26, 8:34 PM

You literally created this very same thread about this same issue of yours only last month:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1718773&show=0

Do you really expect people reply you anything different now?

May 26, 8:35 PM

Nobody cares. This isn't your personal journal.
I'm a shitposter for fun

May 26, 8:40 PM

u had the same thread last month https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1718773&show=0

knowing that it came from the same person and not far dates, this should be filed as indirect spam, where are the mods when we need them

overwatch is painful, dva is a wasted girl

May 26, 8:43 PM

Lmao, you made the same thread last month and also the "Is there really an anime better than Clannad?" thread.

Instead of telling people on the internet you don't like anime, maybe you should look for another hobby, no one is forcing you to watch anime.

May 26, 8:47 PM

Yeah, I remembered you making this same thread before. If you're telling the truth, then taking a break could be a good option as it's clear your issue hasn't changed from before. My tastes aren't the same as yours so I can't tell if you're watching trash shows lately but there's a chance you've burned out on anime considering you already watched 400+ shows. Or I don't know, maybe your interests actually lie somewhere else and all the new shows doesn't align with your interest.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

May 26, 8:51 PM

I swear this at least the third time that you create a thread like this,you know the answer already,so stop wasting your time and more importantly,the time of othersincluding myself.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

May 26, 8:59 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

Glenfinnan said:
You literally created this very same thread about this same issue of yours only last month:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1718773&show=0

Do you really expect people reply you anything different now?

sunako199 said:
u had the same thread last month https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1718773&show=0

knowing that it came from the same person and not far dates, this should be filed as indirect spam, where are the mods when we need them

wow i forgot that thread.. my feelings havent changed a single bit, at least i can watch some anime now but I just cant binge watch i have to force myself..
I have yet to find a man who fapped more to anime than me.(JOIN NOW!) https://discord.gg/FjFP4jR if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

May 26, 9:00 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

OVERPOWERED99 said:
Yeah, I remembered you making this same thread before. If you're telling the truth, then taking a break could be a good option as it's clear your issue hasn't changed from before. My tastes aren't the same as yours so I can't tell if you're watching trash shows lately but there's a chance you've burned out on anime considering you already watched 400+ shows. Or I don't know, maybe your interests actually lie somewhere else and all the new shows doesn't align with your interest.

Man, i forgot to quote you, buuut i forgot that i created it... My feelings havent chagned a single bit i guess...

May 26, 9:01 PM

Man, life isn't good anymore. Can always play Russian Roulette

"I always had a repulsive need to be
something more than human.
I felt very puny as a human. I thought,
'Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman"
-Kira Yoshikage

May 26, 9:09 PM

Takamura-sama said:
Man, i forgot to quote you, buuut i forgot that i created it... My feelings havent chagned a single bit i guess...
Well alright, seems like you care enough and want to enjoy anime again... Do you have a certain genre or interest that you generally lean towards? When was the last time you remembered enjoying an anime and what was it? I probably can't help you much with your issue other than giving you some tips that may or may not help you.

May 26, 9:15 PM
Try cocaine. It makes everything wonderful. Much better hobby than anime but much more expensive

May 26, 9:54 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

OVERPOWERED99 said:
Takamura-sama said:
Well alright, seems like you care enough and want to enjoy anime again... Do you have a certain genre or interest that you generally lean towards? When was the last time you remembered enjoying an anime and what was it? I probably can't help you much with your issue other than giving you some tips that may or may not help you.

Hm, I think when i watched akame ga kill a week ago. it made me watch so much anime (check my history but now it kinda faded away again)

May 26, 10:01 PM

That's 'cause you watch a shitload of garbage. The curse of shit taste will follow you with boredom on its trail until the end.

May 26, 10:11 PM

Takamura-sama said:
Hm, I think when i watched akame ga kill a week ago. it made me watch so much anime (check my history but now it kinda faded away again)
You know, maybe after you've watched an anime you found to be great like Akame ga Kill, you should just take a small break. I think you're expecting the same kind of feeling to take place when you straight away move on to the next one and that's probably contributing to your let downs. Looking at your PTW list, there are some anime there that I've enjoyed like Black Lagoon, Kotonoha no Niwa, Nagi no Asukara, Sakurasou, Shinsekai Yori, White Album 2, Oregairu, Yuru Camp, and Zankyou no Terror so they're the show I would recommend you to watch next. K-On!! is better than K-On! as well so you might enjoy that more. But then again, I enjoyed most anime I've watched so there's no guarantee your enjoyment would align with mine.

Basically, just take a short break after watching each anime. No need to force yourself. If you do, be sure to go in without any expectations other than the basic premise (from synopsis) because expecting things can disappoint you if it doesn't happen. Try to watch different types of anime with different-colored goggles so you could get the most enjoyment out of if that made any sense at all. Don't watch every anime with the same mindset. Anime is a quite diverse entertainment and there are specific things specific anime caters to for the audience to get the most enjoyment out of. I'm not exactly sure why I'm able to be drawn in with most of the target interests but maybe it just a matter of practice (as much as I don't like using this word for this scenario).
Modified by OVERPOWERED99, May 26, 10:15 PM

May 27, 5:00 AM

I feel you bruhhh.. The first animes I've watched really picked my interest but the more I watch anime the more it gets crappy..
I need a GF T^T

May 27, 5:11 AM

Yeah time to find another hobby, bud. Consuming too much of a medium will inevitably lead you to not enjoy it as much.

May 27, 5:15 AM

maybe watch something different. like Pingu in the city.
or Colby's clubhouse
or take a break from anime and stop complaining.

May 27, 5:28 AM

I would rather say your standarts are higher now. It's the same for me the more anime I watch the lower my mean score gets epecially when I pick up random seasonals. The feeling of excitement when you discover an amazing anime gets rarer and rarer because you have already seen many of these concepts,character interactions, story elements etc but if you search long enough u ll still find a few amazing anime from time to time.
Everyone except me has shit taste.

May 27, 5:31 AM

I'm not in my late pubertal stage, so no i dont have this too sorry.

GangsterCat said:
because there is no good yuri manga. it's always melodramatic love story of a confused hetero and a turbo dyke sexual offender

May 27, 5:35 AM

Can you stop complaining? Just watching all of them and find the good one, holy shit.

May 27, 5:46 AM

I have 50 anime on my watching list and they are all pretty enjoyable so I don't know what you are talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe it's time to try old stuff? especially if you are tired of seasonals.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

May 27, 5:50 AM

I don't think they changed, it's more likely you changed.

Play Eternal, the best digital card game ever

May 27, 5:59 AM
take a break bro
you will like it
i will take one too

May 27, 7:02 AM

I get what you mean. It's really hard to find good anime, so I mostly just watch moe trash because it's the only genre that is always appealing to me.

Finding Girls' last tour was a treasure.

May 27, 7:26 AM

I have no idea what any of you are talking about, I still like it
sure i will never feel the same feeling i got 10 years ago watching Naruto and Sasuke fight on water surface with my pjs on and chips in my mouth constantly hibbie gibbieing and getting goosebumps with every passing minute
and i will never feel the same feeling i got when the chain almost finished eating itself but in the last minute Ichigo was able to cut the mask off and he stood there all manly which made my crotch feel weird
and i will never feel the same feeling i got when i saw the going merry burn down and sink into the ocean, even though it wasn't alive it was still a member of the crew that just straight up fockin died
but
guess what
I will feel other things
things like seeing Lala break down after the concert didn't wake Falulu up and then all the sidles sing the song and it all starts again and suddenly a making drama with a bunch of ships appears and she finally opens her eyes
things like Pekkorin turning into Cure Donut
things like Hana almost leaving to america but then she breaks down at the airport and appeared at the last minute
there will always be one show that makes you feel that tingly feeling deep down in your chest that happened back then
you just, gotta trust your gut and search

Suki Suki Su~
Fuwa Fuwa Fu~
Konna Kimochi~
K U R O M I ~

May 27, 8:35 AM

You say that while scoring Steins Gate Zero, an anime you're watching, a 10.

May 27, 10:05 AM

anime has been shit lately,plot-wise to be exact
i prefer watching netflix instead

May 27, 10:10 AM

It's always you just getting used to or tired of anime in those cases. People change way more and way quicker than the anime medium.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

May 27, 10:10 AM

do you watch tv/movies/etc that aren't anime? you could give those more focus since anime isn't cutting it anymore. no sense in trying to force yourself to watch something if there is already a negative aura about it

May 28, 2:59 AM

Takamura-sama said:
When I started there were all these great anime. They were all unique and special to me.
I remember almost everything from those anime from ep 1 to 12/24/w/e and now im like ''Man another meh anime. Where are the good shit at?.'' And it just doesn't feel the same.. like do I just watch trash shows lately or is it because I got used to anime.

How about you?

{welp it seems that i already created this thread... I forgot... my feelings havent changed a single bit..}

Watch the life cycle of an anime fan.

I suggest you just take a break from watching anime.
raspberry.

Aug 8, 12:47 AM

Hey @Takamura-sama, after remembering and concerning the whole MAL userbase of your problem day by day for about 2.5 months now, I'm now wondering, is anime feeling the same for you once again?

Aug 8, 12:49 AM
Forum Moderator
Fufufu (¬‿¬)

Same for me. Every now and then a show comes along that reignites that spark for me. Last one was Made in Abyss which I absolute loved. It's pretty rare for me to find a show that I really really enjoy nowadays, so I don't force myself to watch anime. I wait until I see something that catches my eyes.

Aug 8, 1:29 AM

Anime changes all the time, but I think I'm benefited from those changes so good for me. It's my 8th years into anime (or 5th years since I quit anime once), and I can still find new favourite anime in the past 3 seasons. Maybe that's because I have relatively low standard towards anime, and with the sheer amount of anime coming out every season it's very hard for me to not find an anime that I enjoy very much.

Also try to like every anime you are watching. Try to find and focus on the charm of an anime when watching it, not the limitations. I mean everything in this world, especially people, has its flaw and parts that you don't like, it's just whether you can overlook them.
Modified by nbyung09, Aug 8, 1:36 AM

Aug 8, 2:02 AM

I feel you. Anime nowadays sucks and not classic anymore.

Aug 8, 2:05 AM
Ultimate Goofer

I watched a masterpiece like 2 weeks ago, and I'm rewatching another one right now, I'm just fine mate.

Aug 8, 2:10 AM

I still enjoy watching anime over other mediums. I have a hard time finding movies worth seeing or tv shows to invest in.

In general though I rarely find an anime I get excited about, or that makes me feel much of anything. I don't know if that's because the anime that come out today are not as impactful or if it's my experience and current feelings in life that drive it. I guess it could be a bit of both.

I'm a loon though i subject myself to things like recently starting One Piece and almost being caught up...

Aug 8, 2:13 AM

i hope you found what you were looking for in these last months takamura sama u_u

Aug 8, 2:58 AM

Uhh no, in fact, anime just gets better and better as I watch.

Aug 8, 6:25 AM
♤ Yakuza ♤

I really only enjoy dark anime tbh... but i still watch all anime i can so that i can expand my list

Aug 8, 7:18 AM

Probably, anime isn't something for you anymore. Maybe in a way, you outgrew it? Dont you think? ┐( ˘ 、 ˘ )┌
「Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say 'No, you move'.」

「You like because, and you love despite. You like someone because of all of their qualities, and you love someone despite some of their qualities.」

(∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆゚*・。*・:≡( ε:)

Aug 8, 7:23 AM

Everything doesn't feel the same anymore. Film, games, music, bla bla. Just keep up with the flow or quit, simple.

Aug 8, 8:01 AM

There are all kinds of anime coming all the time, the variety is infinite you will always find some that you like

Aug 8, 9:25 AM

Takamura-sama said:

How about you?

Nobody will ever produce god-tier anime such as TTGL or Hunter X Hunter ever again

Aug 8, 1:17 PM

*insert anime is ded quote here* *insert old obscure anime here*

Love Live is the best anime mate

Aug 8, 1:22 PM

Lotta trash but I personally enjoy most of it, don't ask why. I know what you mean though and agree to an extent.
It's been a while since we got a classic as big as Death Note or FMAB though.

Aug 8, 3:07 PM

It doesn't make you feel anything, as anime can't directly touch you in person.

Aug 8, 3:09 PM

And what exactly do you want me to do about it?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Pages (2) [1] 2 »