Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As unusual as the show is, I actually do like the presence of these kappa creatures. They add a lot of personality to the episode and behaves like humans.

Hell, some are even dressed in suits and knows how to use machines! Felt like this is a standalone episode dedicated to these guys.
May 26, 2018 5:33 PM
Apr 2016
When I found out Isogashi was going to be featured in this episode, I thought this was going to be a serious episode. Totally forgot about the Kappa and how childish things could get in a matter of seconds. I died laughing, oml, that caught me so off-guard.

Isogashi merging with Kitaro was amazing though, it's interesting to see many Yokai that were antagonists in previous adaptions be allies in this one!
May 26, 2018 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
Dafuq did i just watched?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 26, 2018 8:45 PM

Oct 2015
>off screen fisting
>tounge on kitaro's ass
>kids show
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 26, 2018 9:13 PM

Sep 2015
I know Kappa can grab out everyone's ball but i don't think they will attack everyone on this episode......

I know she is not on this episode but.... does Mana okay? does any of the Kappa grab her ball?

7 mystery on school are back as a real thing its beeen long time! most of them now are just joke to spice school exploring at night 1 episode/chapter only
Into the Internet!
May 27, 2018 2:58 AM

Mar 2018
Another cap without Mana, at least next week she'll be back
May 27, 2018 3:06 AM

May 2014
Kumagawa_mei said:
>off screen fisting
>tounge on kitaro's ass
>kids show
Kids these days are up to strange things I guess.
May 27, 2018 4:03 AM

Apr 2011
I had to do a research to know wtf is a shirikodama and "mythical ball said to contain the soul, which is located inside the anus"... I love japanese mythology.
May 27, 2018 7:22 AM

Sep 2015
The guy woud lost his family any way, would be better if, at least, he could do some easy money before that. He was not wrong.
May 27, 2018 7:26 AM

Aug 2014
I couldn't help laughing at the reactions of Kitaro and nekomusume this episode.
May 27, 2018 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
okay i've laughed a lot, the best part was when Kitarou was ready to get in action and there was the music then his shirikodama was taken by some random Kappa and the music stopped and Kitarou fell. This was perfect...
Armins2May 27, 2018 9:23 AM
May 27, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Once again I underestimated the premise and I was surprised, there was much to absorb, a social criticism. We are so busy that we lost touch with what really matters, this may be cheesy and not entirely true for many, but it happens, especially in Japan with many people working themselves to death.

Now about the episode, the kappas were living in peace when they were enticed by Rat Man with the prospect of getting many of their beloved cucumbers, they are then ultimately corrupted by greed and lose themselves to the point of indiscriminately attacking humans (also my kappa knowledge wasn't complete, I knew about their love for cucumbers and about the need for water on their head plates, but I didn't know about the shirikodama, I can't blame them for not translating this term though lol).

Then another youkai, Isogashii, is presented as a mean to both show that nowadays people are already so busy that he's carefree and feeling useless, and to become a weapon to counterattack the lethargy caused by the kappas, I found it great because even though it didn't change anything in society, he could see that his power was still useful and it had meaning even though he was helping someone instead of possesing them for fun or whatever.

Also the japanese language never ceases to amaze me, I've been studying it for a while, but kanji can be difficult and we don't really check ideogram by ideogram unfortunately, so I never realized that in 忙しい (isogashii) we had the death of the heart, it makes a lot of sense and I will remember this one, like I remember the true, sad meaning behind 未亡人 (miboujin/widow), also learned in an anime, even though this last one is more easy to see.

And I talked a bit too much this time, but this episode left a big impression and I'm glad I have somewhere to pour it, but also I wanted to finish this with another lol, all that shirikodama stealing was crazy/funny.
May 27, 2018 1:50 PM
Apr 2016
Fayrin said:
Once again I underestimated the premise and I was surprised, there was much to absorb, a social criticism. We are so busy that we lost touch with what really matters, this may be cheesy and not entirely true for many, but it happens, especially in Japan with many people working themselves to death.

Now about the episode, the kappas were living in peace when they were enticed by Rat Man with the prospect of getting many of their beloved cucumbers, they are then ultimately corrupted by greed and lose themselves to the point of indiscriminately attacking humans (also my kappa knowledge wasn't complete, I knew about their love for cucumbers and about the need for water on their head plates, but I didn't know about the shirikodama, I can't blame them for not translating this term though lol).

Then another youkai, Isogashii, is presented as a mean to both show that nowadays people are already so busy that he's carefree and feeling useless, and to become a weapon to counterattack the lethargy caused by the kappas, I found it great because even though it didn't change anything in society, he could see that his power was still useful and it had meaning even though he was helping someone instead of possesing them for fun or whatever.

Also the japanese language never ceases to amaze me, I've been studying it for a while, but kanji can be difficult and we don't really check ideogram by ideogram unfortunately, so I never realized that in 忙しい (isogashii) we had the death of the heart, it makes a lot of sense and I will remember this one, like I remember the true, sad meaning behind 未亡人 (miboujin/widow), also learned in an anime, even though this last one is more easy to see.

And I talked a bit too much this time, but this episode left a big impression and I'm glad I have somewhere to pour it, but also I wanted to finish this with another lol, all that shirikodama stealing was crazy/funny.

Glad people aren't disregarding this. The majority of the episode was comedic, but there were many lessons in addition to deep and thoughtful messages. Another was "there are things in this world more important than money."

GGGnK is such a masterpiece, I love it. Also glad that this was my childhood and I can watch it in front of my family and not get judged for whatever happens in each episode. The real perks of being half-Japanese, haha.

Really looking forward to the future episodes, the 2018 version is doing an incredible job.
May 27, 2018 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
Nekomusume getting anus probed, UNGHHHH
May 27, 2018 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Riza_Kurta said:

Glad people aren't disregarding this. The majority of the episode was comedic, but there were many lessons in addition to deep and thoughtful messages. Another was "there are things in this world more important than money."

GGGnK is such a masterpiece, I love it. Also glad that this was my childhood and I can watch it in front of my family and not get judged for whatever happens in each episode. The real perks of being half-Japanese, haha.

Really looking forward to the future episodes, the 2018 version is doing an incredible job.
I'm glad someone took the time to read! I forgot to mention the "there are things in this world more important than money.", it was also an important message brought up more than once, like with the cucumbers, it's okay to have needs and to strive for them, but if you start wanting more than what you need you might lose yourself into greed, also things that easy come don't have as much meaning. It was a really good episode.

This version is my first contact with Kitarou, but if it continues likes this I will have to agree with you! You're lucky he was part of your childhood!
May 27, 2018 7:09 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect an episode about sexual harassment by turtles.
May 27, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
raifuresu said:
I had to do a research to know wtf is a shirikodama and "mythical ball said to contain the soul, which is located inside the anus"... I love japanese mythology.

I was wondering about that... Now I know! Yikes.

ren_moon said:
I didn't expect an episode about sexual harassment by turtles.

LOL!! XD

Fayrin said:

I don't think it made as much of an impact on me as it did, you... But, I was not unobservant of the lessons they packed into the episode. To some degree, this series reminds me a little of 'Wakaokami wa Shougakusei', in its playing somewhat to a younger audience, and its using spirits/yokai to impart life lessons that, on our best days, we should always remember to take to heart.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 27, 2018 11:10 PM
Apr 2016
It's also nice to see Isogashi as an ally. Loved how he said "it's been ten years" since he last haunted humans, since the 2007 adaption's Isogashi episode aired in 2008, where he was an antagonist. Coincidence? Maybe, but choosing ten years specifically is always an interesting number for an anime that gets a new adaption each decade. I loved the way they told that story, but I still have no complaints, since this adaption's episode was beyond comedy gold.
May 27, 2018 11:30 PM

Jun 2013
For some reason, seeing these yokai dress up as humans, live human lives and realize the difficulties that people (especially the Japanese) have with bullying, work culture, exploitation, etc. is quite endearing.

I can totally imagine a company with kappa employees being paid with a few cucumbers. I like how that one kappa was smart enough to research online and he revealed that convenience store clerks made more than they did.

My favorite part was when they took people's shirikodama. I heard from old Japanese folklore that kappa would touch a woman's butt while she on a toilet lol if she got pregnant, she'll give birth to a child with deep red skin.

Even the wall and paper yokai's butts were violated in this episode.
臭い-
Nov 17, 2018 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
Blaming everything on youkai? Is that a cheeky jab at Youkai Watch?

I always forget about the shirikodama thing with kappas until it gets brought up.
Mar 17, 2019 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
Kappa.
Neko so cute.
Kappa.
A MILF.
He just said he gots to go. Why are you asking him if he'll eat with you before he leaves?
The Japanese way of working yourself to death.
Kappa's entering the workforce.
Get Neko her cucumbers.
The Kappa's just took those guys'...
They took BiBiBi's as well.
Neko feet.
They did it to the boss as well.
Viva Kappa Revolution!
Oh shit! They got Kitaro as well.
Neko's mad at what they did to her Kitaro.
You better not touch Neko. Her bootyhole is reserved for me.
lol at Neko covering her booty.
Oh shit! They got the wall.
LMAO They got the cloth as well.
Neko is surrounded.
Did her just put his tongue on Kitaro's butt?
Kitaro got it back.
lol The MIlF looks bored.
Oh shit! They left him.

Good episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 31, 2018

109 by TripleC »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2018

27 by gabrielloki »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

7 by Punkero »»
Mar 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

10 by Punkero »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

8 by Punkero »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.