Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Darling in the FranXX Episode 19 Discussion

May 27, 2018 2:19 PM

So quite the info dump this episode, explained by Dr. Franxx's past. Quite interesting to be honest. I was wondering why the Klaxosaur Princess looked a lot like Zero Two and how those two would be related to each other, but it's Dr. Franxx who made a clone from DNA he got from the Princess.

I wonder if anyone else kinda noticed this, but I thought this was looking a lot like the scenes in second Maze Runner movie....

May 27, 2018 2:41 PM

SupremeEdgelord said:
Oh well, at least they finally give some explanations and give Dr Franxx some backstory.

And for what reason did you build a robot that works only under that condition?
The Robot was made with the body of the dead Dino (forget the name), who maybe needs a chromosomal compability to work, perhaps every franx is made with an dead dino and the sex of the dino say if the pistill will be a male or a female.
Modified by Bob-o-Dominador, May 27, 2018 3:06 PM
Hail Nico, the Namber Wan Idoru.

May 27, 2018 2:48 PM

With this episode the idea that the FranXXs are the reason because kids cannot become "adults" is stronger in me.

I mean... we know Zero Two kills her partners in 3 rides. FranXX could be like Zero Two as whoever rides it will die before becoming human, more like Zero Two's partners; but not just so fast but like in X years, that could make sense with Miku's gray spots in the hair and the fever some of them are having in this last few episodes.
So, like, a life shortener type of mecha?

Another thing: Zero Two has Queen's DNA so I assume she will not be burdened by the "FranXX's curse" (maybe because it's made with klaxosaurus bodies?), but what about Hiro the only one able to ride with her that is growing horns? I don't want to think about it, just gimme the answer!

May 27, 2018 3:12 PM

Doesn't young Dr Franxx look suspiciously like an older Hiro would? Franxx probably regrets his cold life where he even sacrificed his wife for science. He might be vicariously living through Hiro, purposely setting him up to be with 02.

May 27, 2018 4:06 PM
"Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me."

Being a fan of Jurassic park, I just hope Ian Malcolm's words have some effect in the story of this Series.

May 27, 2018 4:53 PM

So.. basically Darling in the Franxx is anti-capitalist. My inner communism enjoyed this episode.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

May 27, 2018 6:12 PM
Zelev said:
So.. basically Darling in the Franxx is anti-capitalist. My inner communism enjoyed this episode.

Well, I doubt the kids have a class-struggle consciousness...they just want to be free. And also, despite that APE seems like some kind of monopolistic corporation, we don't know what kind of system they have inside their cities now that they are under control. An immortal society can be quite different from modern-day societies

May 27, 2018 6:17 PM

I don't get how people cringe this much - this is shounen manga with waifus, simplified mecha and monsters, not Evangelion/1984/Bible/"whatever you fetish is" with dead serious plot.

Just thought to consider - what if world building and "humanity will extinct by creating ..." is not an actual point, but decoration to a romance/aging story?

Zelev said:

You can't be communist if you didn't starved do death, tovarisch

May 27, 2018 6:55 PM

nightcrawlercyp said:
So many of my theories are revealed as true in this episode:
- 02 is a clone of some sort of the klaxosaurs queen
- they became immortal in exchange of their ability to reproduce
- the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal evolved
- the children are clones used to fight the klaxosaurs
- APE are the bad guys that created all this mess
- the adults have no more emotions and they are basically dead inside with few exxceptions

But still some questions remain:
Is the doctor 02 father? i.e. did she use his own DNA in the cloning?
What are the APE members?
Will the kids join the klaxosaurs eventually?

"the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal, evolved"???

Definitely not confirmed, they seem to be older than humans, YOUR theories are pretty obvious by knowing anime tropes and having watched NGE.

evoniee said:
ButadonMeitantei said:
If only people with reproductive functions can use Franxx, why is it that 02, who said she has no reproductive functions, is the best Franxx pilot ever made?

Other than the small plot holes here and there, a good infodump was needed at this point in the show.

The only good post right here.
Also i really dont understand about what happened to the whole world or other country in general. The only thing i noticed is the plantation always running on a plain desert ground.

Thw summary is:

• Secret group make new energy resource which is magma energy and announce it to world
  • Whole world make fast expansion with all new technology from big and cheap energy
  • The secret group has a politic influence (What ? I dont get it ? So humanity just stuck and rely on this group ?)
  • Humanity new technology Immortality introduced, population raised, only the rich can live, Children Tax so expensive so humanity just forget about reproduction
  • Dessert came out of nowhere on southern NA, possibly because Magma mining (No fucking reason whatsoever)
  • Plantation introduced so all human live in there (so all human existance is the only can pay to live there, the rest just abandoned, WaitWhat? And about living in there, i cant believe people can live there and get all everyday needs like food or other industry, or how the economy and poeple's occupation)
  • Klaxo appear
  • Humanity trying to make weapon which is franxx
  • dr frank visit klaxo queen
  • dr frank make clone of klaxo queen.

I found the futuristic scifi setting they trying to infodump not really great and impactful, i dont care anymore, because the major plot on previous ep is only a fucking teen drama. All the ep we get is only to interact with character, not the setting, too late to make it on this amount of episode.

Lastly, even if im not watch this ep, i believe i dont even notice anything important for the whole series existance.
This series basically a drama about the children, spesificly Hiro and the gang searching meaning of them to be born. I dont care about the whole setting.

100% Agreed

Thank you, agree on mostly everything.

#7 is just something you got to accept if you want to watch mecha anime, HUMAN MODELED MECHA MAKES NO SENSE IN A REALWORLD, looks cool though.
Modified by SteelingMax, May 27, 2018 7:38 PM

May 27, 2018 6:59 PM

MrBlackJack160 said:
Zelev said:

Well, I doubt the kids have a class-struggle consciousness...they just want to be free. And also, despite that APE seems like some kind of monopolistic corporation, we don't know what kind of system they have inside their cities now that they are under control. An immortal society can be quite different from modern-day societies

I am now convinced the creators of Darling in the Franxx intended to awaken the masses to fight against their oppressors through the use of allegory.

May 27, 2018 7:03 PM

Ookami-des said:
I don't get how people cringe this much - this is shounen manga with waifus, simplified mecha and monsters, not Evangelion/1984/Bible/"whatever you fetish is" with dead serious plot.

Just thought to consider - what if world building and "humanity will extinct by creating ..." is not an actual point, but decoration to a romance/aging story?

Zelev said:

You can't be communist if you didn't starved do death, tovarisch

https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/cuba-among-countries-with-lower-rate-in-hunger-and-malnutrition/

Long live the revolution, Comrade.

May 27, 2018 7:48 PM
I certainly enjoyed the backstory (finally) although I still don't like any of Hiro's, Kokoro's, Mitsuru's or Futoshi' (particularly him) scenes

May 27, 2018 10:25 PM

It´s like someone took the beta of the beta of the beta script from NGE and turn it an anime

only big disadvantage is DiTF airing now and not 30 years ago.

May 27, 2018 10:45 PM
Lelouch0202 said:

After this episode, I can't help but wish that the story had progressed in a more philosophical fashion than the way it did with all the teen drama.

If you look at it differently, we were in the same position as the kids - had no historical context to frame the situation other than kids were special, they could pilot these mecha that can defeat the bad monsters and had a unusual devotion to someone named "Papa". The teen drama was them getting familiar with their newfound emotions and pubescent curiosity.

Now we get to see how these kids react now that they see how much Papa *really* cares for them. :-P

May 28, 2018 12:31 AM

I don't get why reproduction vs immortality is such a dilemma. We see that the immortality treatment works on adults, so if you want to have your cake and eat it too, why not just have a child or two first and then take the immortality treatment? Seems like a trivial solution to me.

LilyWhiteheart said:
With this episode the idea that the FranXXs are the reason because kids cannot become "adults" is stronger in me.

I mean... we know Zero Two kills her partners in 3 rides. FranXX could be like Zero Two as whoever rides it will die before becoming human, more like Zero Two's partners; but not just so fast but like in X years, that could make sense with Miku's gray spots in the hair and the fever some of them are having in this last few episodes.
So, like, a life shortener type of mecha?
I like this theory.

Zelev said:
I am now convinced the creators of Darling in the Franxx intended to awaken the masses to fight against their oppressors through the use of allegory.

Haha, that picture is great! :D

May 28, 2018 12:41 AM

Bibimbapski said:
Isn't Zero Two cute here?

That's waifu material right there! :D

hiecchi1 said:
MomoSinX said:
They probably lied to her about that too.
Dont forget what we saw in that big ass klaxosaurus after hiro and zero two killed him
Of course they lied about that
Good point.

AivanK said:
But i still wonder what is the point of this girl, i mean, what was she doing inside the earth all this time.
Hikikomori lifestyle. Who are we to judge? :)

May 28, 2018 1:10 AM

WOW.. I'm getting chills.. Finally the plot is clear now and Zero Two is a clone of the Klaxosaur Princess.
I'm wondering if this episode replaced with the first one what's the rating of it now... 'coz lot of people drop this show lmaooo bunch of idiots.

May 28, 2018 1:21 AM
Damn, this episode reminded me of Neon Genesis Evangelion so much.

May 28, 2018 1:42 AM

My prediction for the finale:
They go on the mission in hope to have their freedom afterwards.
But then the 9s betray them and try to slaughter them. That would be the starting point of the big rebellion.
People will die.

May 28, 2018 1:47 AM
To be betrayed by someone you have to trust him in the first plaсe

May 28, 2018 2:11 AM

The backstory is too simplistic and the timeline is too short.

Ookami-des said:

indeed.

May 28, 2018 2:18 AM

SteelingMax said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
So many of my theories are revealed as true in this episode:
- 02 is a clone of some sort of the klaxosaurs queen
- they became immortal in exchange of their ability to reproduce
- the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal evolved
- the children are clones used to fight the klaxosaurs
- APE are the bad guys that created all this mess
- the adults have no more emotions and they are basically dead inside with few exxceptions

But still some questions remain:
Is the doctor 02 father? i.e. did she use his own DNA in the cloning?
What are the APE members?
Will the kids join the klaxosaurs eventually?

"the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal, evolved"???

Definitely not confirmed, they seem to be older than humans, YOUR theories are pretty obvious by knowing anime tropes and having watched NGE.

evoniee said:

The only good post right here.
Also i really dont understand about what happened to the whole world or other country in general. The only thing i noticed is the plantation always running on a plain desert ground.

Thw summary is:

• Secret group make new energy resource which is magma energy and announce it to world
  • Whole world make fast expansion with all new technology from big and cheap energy
  • The secret group has a politic influence (What ? I dont get it ? So humanity just stuck and rely on this group ?)
  • Humanity new technology Immortality introduced, population raised, only the rich can live, Children Tax so expensive so humanity just forget about reproduction
  • Dessert came out of nowhere on southern NA, possibly because Magma mining (No fucking reason whatsoever)
  • Plantation introduced so all human live in there (so all human existance is the only can pay to live there, the rest just abandoned, WaitWhat? And about living in there, i cant believe people can live there and get all everyday needs like food or other industry, or how the economy and poeple's occupation)
  • Klaxo appear
  • Humanity trying to make weapon which is franxx
  • dr frank visit klaxo queen
  • dr frank make clone of klaxo queen.

I found the futuristic scifi setting they trying to infodump not really great and impactful, i dont care anymore, because the major plot on previous ep is only a fucking teen drama. All the ep we get is only to interact with character, not the setting, too late to make it on this amount of episode.

Lastly, even if im not watch this ep, i believe i dont even notice anything important for the whole series existance.
This series basically a drama about the children, spesificly Hiro and the gang searching meaning of them to be born. I dont care about the whole setting.

100% Agreed

Thank you, agree on mostly everything.

#7 is just something you got to accept if you want to watch mecha anime, HUMAN MODELED MECHA MAKES NO SENSE IN A REALWORLD, looks cool though.
Ok it was not completely confirmed. But considering they appeared just as poor people were left out of those cities... and yes many theories are based by anime tropes. It had nothing to do with NGE . You insult me by even mentioning that vile anime. I just watched it to see what the whole fuss was about a lot of time after it aired and was disgusted.
About human modeled mecha not making sense... it depends a lot of what you try to do with those mecha. The humanoid model is extremely versatile and can be very useful in some case. What bothers me is why they have to have the people inside when it could be controlled through remote control or even by AI.

May 28, 2018 2:26 AM

So Hiro it's child of the dragon queen?

May 28, 2018 2:29 AM

You know what bothers me? This is exactly what I wanted from this show.
The backstory, learning about the one and only Dr. Franxx, and I got that.
BUT
I still don't get why they had him do that ass grab on nana in episode 1. It makes no sense in the story, in his characterization, or anything.
That's something I don't like about anime production.. the people who keep thinking to put pointless fanservice or tropes in their shows without giving them any reason of existing other then, i guess, because "that's just what anime does".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not demonizing the use of cliches, or tropes or fanservice. None of those are inherently bad(some could argue it's the other way around) but it's the execution of those things that matters. Having that fanservice/character trope moment is only just kindof dumb because there was Literally no reason for it, and as we learn more about Dr. Franxx that just becomes more and more so the case. (and no I won't except an "he's kind of gone mad" argument)(I thought there might be a legitimate argument in the way of establishing the traditional setting, the sexual atmosphere of sorts... but it's still useless in that manner because it comes from a character who is detached from that setting, towards another character who doesn't come in to it for a while. Meanwhile that event never comes up again or effects the plot or characterization going forward. Then we get all the much better and more obvious setting establishments, 02 in the river naked, the ceremony, the piloting of the franxx in the first 3 episodes...) idk... That moment bothers me the more I think about it... rant over

Aug 8, 2018 4:37 AM

This certainly was far more interesting than any of the other last few episodes. Nice to finally know what actually happened in the past for humanity to end up the way it is now.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 8, 2018 8:53 AM

It was actually really fucking cool to see the life of Dr. Franks, and it definitely gave a nice background and view on the world of the show that we see as somewhat the norm because it’s really all we’ve seen so far during the show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Aug 8, 2018 9:45 PM

Fantastic backstory, finally a time frame, a real setting and indication what happened to the world! That's the real stuff right here, still quite curious about the Klaxosaurs and their real origin (other than them being an "old" civilisation or something) and especially that ending it certainly here confirms that Zero Two is a clone or at least in some way a combination of human x Klaxosaur princess! I n general fantastic backstory, some sad and very interesting development I must say! Up to the next episode.

Aug 28, 2018 7:04 PM

Been too long since I put this show on hold. Read a review on reddit about it when it finished airing and although I didn't really read all of it, the final verdict was simple: the show had a lot of potential but they fucked it up. So I kinda lost interest but the rest of the episodes have already been downloaded in my phone so might as well watch it. Bunch of info dump in this episode btw but it basically says: mankind got too greedy and using technology and science they screwed themselves over, nothing new, actually I'm 150 hours in Fallout 4, my first fallout game and I just realized they have the same premise. Whatever, I'm just hoping these last few episodes will at least be entertaning and they should lay off with the romance and focus more in origin of the Klauxors and also I wanna know more about the Iluminati aka the APE.

Oct 4, 2018 8:35 AM

The origins of the APE and the times of the past is really interesting and actually managed to answer a few of my questions about this world. As said by the representative of humanity some episodes ago, humanity has waged war against the klanxaurs for almost a century, so, since 2037, it's almost 2137?! Interesting...

The most interesting subject in this episode besides the mysterious appearance of the klanxaurs and the APE group is doctor Frank's backstory. he's one of those characters I want to know more of despite him being very distant from most characters. Sad backstory, of course, was expected... His meeting with the klanxaurs' princess made the Nines' and Zero 2's existence to be possible, all thanks to Dr. Frank being able to get a form of DNA sample.

Cloning... That's how all these children are here...
⠄⠄⢀⡋⣡⣴⣶⣶⡀⠄⠄⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣴⣿⣿⣿⢃⣤⣄⣀⣥⣿⣿⠄
⠄⠄⢸⣇⠻⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⢀⣠⡌⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⢀⢸⣿⣷⣤⣤⣤⣬⣙⣛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⡍⠄⠄⢀⣤⣄⠉⠋⣰
⠄⣼⣖⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢇⣿⣿⡷⠶⠶⢿⣿⣿⠇⢀⣤
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣥⣴⣿⡗
⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄
⢸⣿⣦⣌⣛⣻⣿⣿⣧⠙⠛⠛⡭⠅⠒⠦⠭⣭⡻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠄
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⠈⢋⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣵⣾⠃
⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⣴⣿⣶⣄⠄⣴⣶⠄⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃
⠄⠄⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣿⠄⣿⣿⡀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⠛⠁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠞⢿⣿⣿⡄⢿⣿⡇⣸⣿⣿⠿⠛⠁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠻⣿⣿⣾⣦⡙⠻⣷⣾⣿⠃⠿⠋⠁
⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣮⣥⣒⠲⢮⣝⡿⣿⣿⡆⣿⡿⠃

Nov 21, 2018 2:22 AM

uninstallthegame said:

pretty much sums up this show's episode chronology

pretty much, it feels strange to give so much now

Dec 19, 2018 5:09 AM

Dr Franxx being a crazy obsessed loli fetishist was the best moment of the series.
Modified by jedman, Dec 19, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 25, 2018 3:23 PM

dr franxx a bit creepy...

Jan 11, 5:28 PM
finally a good episode in like, 10 episodes or so.
sure it was an infodump "backstory reveal" with WAY too many crosspoints with evangelion to be a coincidence or just a reference. but it was really entertaining and well crafted.

Oct 7, 6:02 PM

So this was the so-called "controversial episode"? Or am I early? Huh.

10/10 episode

Only thing, the Dr. missed the perfect comeback to the princess' "Stop killing my kind" in "We'll gladly stop killing your kind if you stop invading surface and killing ours", like lol no shit sherlock.
There will be surely an explanation for this, right?
I bet the extracting of the magma stuff is harming them.

As for the enemies yay, I KNEW they were bio machines.

WordIsBond said:
Doesn't young Dr Franxx look suspiciously like an older Hiro would? Franxx probably regrets his cold life where he even sacrificed his wife for science. He might be vicariously living through Hiro, purposely setting him up to be with 02.

Maybe he's his clone.
Don't @ or quote me when I express an opinion in a post.

If you agree with my opinion, you can tell me how awesome I am by sending me a PM or a Friend Request.

If you don't agree with my opinion, remember that opinions are personal and biased.
We can have different ones, so you don't have to force or convince me into yours. And mine is better anyway.

Please follow what I said above, so I can know for sure my notifications are 100% new anime, saved anime starting airing, and morons not reading my signature.
You don't want to be mistaken for one, do you?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]