Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really good episode with some baseball action happening :D

Sakura not only joined the Dolphins but is also getting trained by Toshiya whilst taking away poor Daigo's training time. That guy can never catch a break.

She seems to have a knack as a good batter. Can't say the exact same for Daigo xD

Sakura is basically the opposite of Kaoru when it comes to their starts. Kaoru really sucked as a batter and pretty much everything when she just started playing ball back in season 1 of the original.

Also, a warmup match occured and the Mifune Dolphins' fielding is atrocious. Those blokes at times don't even move towards the ball. Nice seeing Daigo instruct some outfielders on who should catch and where.

From this, we can easily see Daigo has the potential to be a great leader and a catcher with his direction and helping teammates.

Still feeling sad for Hikaru and even his dad for the shit that happend to split them up :(
May 26, 2018 5:40 AM

Mar 2016
Daigo got something from his father, I don't know yet if he's capable of being a leader but he has charisma and the spark that can make the team to have self confidence in bad moments. And Hikaru really needs to get back in the field rápido, we'll get to see more of him in next week episode. About the girl they spot in the training center, it's obvious we'll see her again but I wonder when and under what circumstances, maybe some rivalry incoming?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 26, 2018 5:55 AM
Jan 2016
really like the new anime additions, adding new scenes to make it better in my opinion. However the art of this episode was surprisingly not good, it was weirdly off models in a lot of times, alot of art inconsistency, and animation really limited.

I would say the pacing is what makes this work and the music plus the source material however definitely the weakest produced episode especially if u compare last weeks.
May 26, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2013
Sakura is already better at batting than Daigo, it sucks to be him.
Could that blonde girl from the batting center be Gibson Jr.'s daughter?
May 26, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2016
Sakura will most likely turn out to be a great batter.
The practice match was far from good,but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Ulquiorra said:
Could that blonde girl from the batting center be Gibson Jr.'s daughter?

Lol, I was thinking the same.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2018 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sakura didn't join the Dolphins this early in the manga, looks like they're skipping some content...
May 27, 2018 4:35 PM

Jan 2016
Daigos personality seems really fitting for a captain, he might become one in the future. Sakura can bat! Also that blonde girl........
Feb 23, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2013
Despite the pitcher and catcher battery being rough and stuff, they do make it so they at least toughen up and make them think of the matches being more than just a friendly encounter with some other kids playing ball.
Daigo putting in some words of encouragement aswell.
Sep 21, 2020 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
don't know how to put it, but the mood in most of the game felt too much relaxed than intense, though i wouldn't expect from practice match to be intense, major had some of those matches more tense, i hope thought that once the tournament begins it won't be like this.

i just noticed that the series have excellent OST, though most of them are "slow" and "nice", we didn't got to the climax of the story so i shouldn't expect much.

and i hoped sakura would participate some more...
Oct 22, 2021 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
Even though he may not have inherited Goro's strong arm to pitch or the instincts to bat, he definitely got the charisma and power to motivate others which Goro often used when his teams were playing worse and giving up hope.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

animejas - Apr 21, 2018

26 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.