Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

May 26, 7:51 AM

Bakugo ain't bout that mofuckin life!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

May 26, 7:54 AM

Wish they would have listened to Iida. The plan of rescue without fighting is pretty stupid if you ask me. Those outfits fly af tho, and Bakugo was being a badass.

May 26, 8:03 AM

The anime is doing the chapters SO much justice and I'm living for it.

And whew the Sasuke comparisons can finally stop now!

순간 모으기
NEVER BEEN SO CAUGHT UP

May 26, 8:15 AM
</overrated>

"Are you saying that you don't care about how I feel...?" Damn Iida, hearing this really cracked me even harder then the manga. And that punch ugh my heart.

Also the purposeful change of "Don't come Deku" in this episode in Deku perspective. I see what you did there. Doubt anybody else noticed though.

MOMO GOING THRIFT SHOPPING. Very fan service. Good on you Bones. You know the content I want.

Also the painted view of the school being turned into the bad guys and the dread of the kids was really painful to watch, it'll only get worse next time.

AND FUCK ALL YOU WHO THOUGHT BAKUGOU WAS GONNA TURN INTO A VILLIAN.

somerandomknight said:
Finally an episode that isn't rush or slow as hell! The music choices were gorgeous and animation was on point this time. Hope they keep this up throwout the entire arc.
All for One coming next episode. The blood massacre is about to start.

Probably because it was exactly two chapters with no extra inserts from other chapters this time.

May 26, 8:20 AM

Hope people understand now why Bakugo's so loved by manga readers

May 26, 8:21 AM

second sasuke? this episode proves you wrong. naruto takes like 800 episodes to get sasuke back. Bnha takes 3.
no matter how many times I look at this I can't help but laugh

deku boi??? are you okay??

Iida looks like a bartender

guys we have one more pineapple added to our anime universe

Hot! looks like a pompous rich girl

Now the biggest surprise of this episode. WHO THE HELL IS THIS CUTIE AHHHHHHHHHH

May 26, 8:29 AM

Lessa said:
And whew the Sasuke comparisons can finally stop now!
LOL, Sasuke comparisons of new Era. >_<

May 26, 8:35 AM

I get the feeling that someone is going to die soon.

May 26, 8:36 AM

supernicolasman said:
Also I'm loving the centric on Bakugo and I wish we get an amazing arc with his character, something similar to zuko from avatar. But then again i've heard some negativity surrounding his character arc in the manga so I hope it's not true and wr get some proper amazing character development with him cause his character deserve it.

I don't know where you heard that but that's wrong. Bakugo's character development is overwhelmingly outstanding in the manga, and you will love it.

May 26, 8:47 AM

Deku and friends will go into serious trouble for their secret plan, i have this feeling.

May 26, 8:52 AM

i fucking love the character interactions in this show holy shit

also love how they show the impact of all might as a symbol of not just peace or justice but victory, since he's essentially been cultivated as a figure that never loses
Modified by Aure0lin, May 26, 9:28 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

May 26, 8:55 AM
The delinquent get up was plus ultra

May 26, 8:58 AM

Midoriya along with others going to the rescue, not sure why since they can't handle anything on their own. 1 or 2 Nomu's and they are dead meat.
Bakugo is so deaddd, pissing off Shigaraki - not a good idea.

May 26, 9:00 AM

Midoriya's arms are in a very bad shape. Looks like some of the students are going to go on a covert mission without breaking the rules. The disguises they have are hilarious lol. Got to see more of the pro heroes, they seem cool. Bakugou at the end was pretty awesome.

May 26, 9:11 AM

MoonStar9 said:
I can't unsee it

+ =

Look at what you've done, now I can't unsee it either LOL

May 26, 9:24 AM

Episode was so serious for so long... and then they got their disguises... and in a single instance, all the tension in the air faded like Mustard's toxic gas... and then it came back just as quickly. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

May 26, 9:26 AM

formlessr said:
Seeing all the top heroes was really cool, though I wonder who rank #3 is? This upcoming arc is gonna be great but I wonder how the students are going to do this without fighting. Bakugou seems to changing for the better so far, I've been liking his character this season.

The 3rd hero is

May 26, 9:28 AM
Kirishima finally gets the Screentime he deserves and isn´t a unknown background-character anymore :D

May 26, 9:29 AM
ttcchen said:
second sasuke? this episode proves you wrong.
There's also the whole "deku asspulled against muscular" thing, which they've explicitly cleared up this episode

May 26, 9:29 AM

Not again... it ended at the best part, hope he doesn’t get killed tho

May 26, 9:36 AM

Toga! Toga! Toga! TOGA-CHAAAAN!
Suki Suki Su~
Fuwa Fuwa Fu~
Konna Kimochi~
K U R O M I ~

May 26, 9:37 AM

It was so epic when all the pro heroes were gathering and the music played.
Also Bakugou is gonna get seriously beat up by Tomura now
Hallo

May 26, 9:55 AM

Eruka said:
ORA? ORAAAA?! Gotta love Deku. Pretty emotional and hype episode it felt way to short :(

Getting Crows flashbacks right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 26, 10:11 AM

Those disguises were priceless.

Bakugo being my favorite character, I'm really hyped for this arc.
PADORU PADORU

May 26, 10:18 AM
this show keeps delivering every episode. I almost go crazy waiting for the next episode every week.

May 26, 10:25 AM

They actually looked good with those outfits, especially Todoroki and Kirishima (not you, Midoriya).
Child Bakugo is no different from Midoriya and Todoroki. He was a fanboy of All Might as well.
Modified by renzospark, May 26, 10:30 AM

May 26, 10:37 AM

MoonStar9 said:
I can't unsee it

+ =

Add him, and it would be perfect lmao

May 26, 10:46 AM

Is that guy again...

This is the first time that I actually have some respect for Bakugo, it takes some balls to stand up against a lot of villains, but, this is just another build up episode, not much happens and it ends up with a cliffhanger, a bad one.

Most of the heroic bunch felt dumb or just lacking, except for Lida, who showed actually caring for his classmates in an emotional way, if you want to put it that way, instead of a mom.

Also, fucking stop putting the names of each character on their first shot on the episode, we are not children, at this point, we know their names or we can tell them apart by their quirks

2.5/5 or something

May 26, 10:56 AM
Looks like I was right about the 1 million percent smash. It is a true 100% smash. When Deku claims a smash is 100% in reality he's only using about 80% of his power. I'd say during the Muscular fight Deku's first smash was about 80% of his power, his second smash was about 70% of his power, and his final smash was 100% of his power.

May 26, 11:06 AM

No one is gonna mention Aizawa's new look? It's so... clean. Yes, I know he was in a news conference, but seeing him that presentable was kinda funny.

May 26, 11:07 AM
MeDicenJaden said:
Is that guy again...

Also, fucking stop putting the names of each character on their first shot on the episode, we are not children, at this point, we know their names or we can tell them apart by their quirks

You're giving people too much credit. Honestly alot of people still don't know character names or quirks. So I think it's a good way to help the lesser intelligent people remember for the episode.

May 26, 11:49 AM
You know MHA is the real deal when people can't hold spoiler from manga, even in MAL which has the strictest spoiler rule in any webboard.

May 26, 11:53 AM
The music was really well done this episode. During the emotional fight, the background music was pretty dope, with that violent rendition of a portion of You Say run(that's kinda what it sounded like)

Looking forward to the next episode.

May 26, 11:57 AM

https://i.imgur.com/W3wWTso.png
I don't have anything to add to this thread yet, but I thought that this face of Midoriya from this episode is so cute
thanks!!

May 26, 12:25 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Good ep. Sucks Deku is putting so much strain on his arms to the point where he may never be able to use em again. I like how the group still goes out of their way to try and save Bakugo without fighting. Them dressing up was pretty great as well.

Am excited for the next ep.

May 26, 1:33 PM

Dang it Deku you're screwing your body up! Now you got scars all up your lil arms nuuuuuu

I feel so sorry for Deku's mom...she has to see her son suffer so much...

"Do you not care how I feel..." Poor Iida...I didn't see it from his side until that speech of his...cool he joined them tho. Yessss Momo's tagging along too

Them disguises tho omg. I literally lost my crap after that lol

Ha Bakugo was just waiting to explode someone's head in. As strong and stubborn as he is tho, he can't beat all the villains on his own...that rescue team better get a move on

May 26, 1:34 PM

Poor Deku, poor Deku's Mom, poor everyone, really!

'Tis a shame that Deku may not be able to use his arms sooner rather than later if he continues to strain them to the breaking point in battle/combat.

Enjoyed seeing who the "Pro Heroes" as well as what their ranks were as well as everyone in the "Save Bakugo" group "dress up" in thrift-store clothes. And man, does Aizawa clean up nicely!!

Also, I'm falling in love more and more with Kacchan with each episode that passes - he's such a badass!!!

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next!!!!
~ RedKitten13

May 26, 1:45 PM

Noooo how can they end an episode like this. I just hate watching airing shows.

May 26, 2:00 PM

https://m.imgur.com/ZdqSDEU
^Bakugo Katsuki is not Sasuke. End of story.
(:
Modified by Old_School_Akira, May 26, 2:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 26, 2:03 PM
as much as i dislike bakugou i hope he gets out of this one himself.

always having to be rescued by deku really is emasculating for him, which makes him even more pissy and irritating to watch.

sure, his ego needs to be knocked down a peg or hundred but there's a limit to everything

May 26, 2:23 PM

This was another great build-up episode, but it also had plenty of heavy moments of drama.

Deku is pushing his body to its limit too often to the point that his arms won't be able to take much more punishment if he goes at full strength again. You can see the expression on his face when the doctor told him that, showing just how serious this matter is.

Iida was against the plan to go after Bakugo, although punching Midoriya after leaving hospital in the heat of the moment was really stupid of him though. Still, Todoroki and the others were able to convince him to go with them.

With the pro heroes being assembled and Bakugo making his statement with a nice explosion in Shigaraki's face about All Might, the next episode can't come soon enough. I want to see more of those amusing disguises on Midoriya's group though. =3

May 26, 2:24 PM
This kind of reminded me of Captain America Civil War in a sense that Kirishima wanted to act on his own and Iida wanted to leave it up to regulation, similar to Steve and Tony from the MCU. This episode was pretty good and I'm excited to see more interaction with Bakugo and the villains, and I didn't think that he would ever join them.

May 26, 3:40 PM

Jesus... Midoriya's arms are too fucked up...
Gotta love these new disguise outfits and how much Midoriya is into it
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left

May 26, 4:13 PM

Always loved Bakugo's 180 on the betrayal cliche and how it played out in the manga, done greatly in the adaptation as well.

All round another brilliant ep from start to fin, bring on next week.

May 26, 4:17 PM

Jakerams said:
MeDicenJaden said:
Is that guy again...

You're giving people too much credit. Honestly alot of people still don't know character names or quirks. So I think it's a good way to help the lesser intelligent people remember for the episode.

I understand why it's done but it's still an annoyance. Three seasons in people should have the gist of the core casts quirks and names. Like plz peeps.

May 26, 4:17 PM
oreomonogatari

The shounen courage emotional speeches went too far for me. I have very low tolerance for that. Rest was okay though.

May 26, 6:56 PM
</overrated>

MeDicenJaden said:

Most of the heroic bunch felt dumb or just lacking, except for Lida, who showed actually caring for his classmates in an emotional way, if you want to put it that way, instead of a mom.

They state that their reasons are pretty selfish and are very tied into their hero agenda especially Deku.

May 26, 7:17 PM

MeDicenJaden said:
Is that guy again...

This is the first time that I actually have some respect for Bakugo, it takes some balls to stand up against a lot of villains, but, this is just another build up episode, not much happens and it ends up with a cliffhanger, a bad one.

2.5/5 or something

*Iida

The constant name cards on screen is kind of annoying. They should really do it once per character per season at most.

May 26, 7:22 PM

I've been waiting to see the manga scene of this animated and for Kacchan to say those words. Still made me emotional!!!

The Bakugou Rescue Squad was adorable lol Deku calm down! XDDD

May 26, 8:29 PM

it feels so good to finally hop on the train and watch the series :) want to say I caught up in about a week or 2 and I do not regret as I am loving the series a lot and this episode was really good in flushing out some character development which I always like :) can't wait to see what happens

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store