Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2007
Seiyuu Agency Production Baobab has announced on Saturday that seiyuu Hisako Kanemoto will go on hiatus. The reason for hiatus is that she will go study abroad. The study will start this summer, and plans for return next March. Kanemoto has also mentioned on her blog that she has been interested in studying abroad for a while to extend her view. She also thanked staff members and fans for the support, and apologized for leaving her roles.

Kanemoto made a seiyuu debut with Miku Edogawa from Sora no Manimani under the name Juri Aikawa. Her first role under her real name was Kanata Sorami from So Ra No Wo To. She also voiced Ika Musume from the Shinryaku! Ika Musume series, Yayoi Kise from the Smile Precure! TV anime and movie series, Haruka Kotoura from Kotoura-san, Mai Sakura from Photokano, Karen Tendou from Gamers!, Ginko Sora from Ryuuou no Oshigoto, Ami Mizuno from the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal series and more. She is the second voice of Erina Nakiri from the currently airing fourth TV series of Shokugeki no Souma series, replacing Risa Taneda. For her future roles, she has some sequels coming up such as Tsumugi Nayuki from the Starmyu! series, Natsuki Minamiya from the Strike the Blood series, as well as Halle for the upcoming Uchuu no Hou movie trilogy, as previously announced.

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverFeb 28, 2019 10:12 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 26, 2018 12:41 AM
May 2018
Wish her luck.

Definitely one of the sweetest sounding anime voices I've heard.
May 26, 2018 12:42 AM

Jan 2015
;-; Tendou Karen ;-;
May 26, 2018 1:04 AM

Feb 2018
In that case Sns next season, she will be replace again by Taneda Risa as the Va of Erina?

Btw, Good Luck with the study
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 26, 2018 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
I hope her the best in her studies. At least her hiatus is not caused by an ilness or an injury.
I also find curious how both voice actress for Erina have suffered a hiatus once. I wonder if Taneda will return to voice Erina if J.C Staff decides to continue the SnS anime.
May 26, 2018 2:07 AM
Dec 2011
So what about her roles in Strike the Blood 3, BanG Dream second season and game, and Girls und Panzer final chapter movies?
May 26, 2018 2:18 AM

Feb 2015
SnS 4th is about what arc again? Is it when Erina starts being dere dere?

Ahhh, I just love Erina...

Ehhh, I wonder which states she went/study from... Probably US but well, I hope she enjoys it there. I am not really fond of studying...
May 26, 2018 3:40 AM

Oct 2015
Erina back to Risa Taneda?
May 26, 2018 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
I wish her the best of luck on her new adventure towards learning something new! Im gonna miss her tho, I love her voice so much!
That being said... I wonder if Shokugeki goes for another season.. will Erina retain her original seiyuu Taneda Risa, no offense to Kanemoto but Taneda fits Erina so much more.
May 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Mar 2017
I wish her good luck on her studies.
May 26, 2018 6:14 AM

Jun 2014
Another Erina VA going on hiatus. Well, Risa Taneda came back from her hiatus already right? Maybe she'll finally go back to voicing Erina.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 26, 2018 7:02 AM

Feb 2015
I wish her best of luck. On that picture she looks so beautiful. She could work as a model (*~*)
May 26, 2018 8:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I wish her the best of luck in her studies.
Learning to improve oneself is always a good thing
I hope that by doing so she will learn new skills that will improve her skills as a seiyuu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2018 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
I hope Tsugu is back for Bandori second season and fully back for the third season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 26, 2018 8:10 AM
May 2018
Her voice is amazing. She's probably going to DC to finish a masters degree. That's very common here (I'm a local). I'm totally going to thank her for rocking Tendou if I see her. Gamers! is one of the most underrated Anime. She was absolutely brilliant in it.
May 26, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2010
Really worried about Katyusha. Had no idea she was in Bang Dream. That's scheduled for Jan 2019, so that's before her return. That sucks. Best wishes to her but having voices change between seasons is so immersion breaking. Hopefully she recorded her Katyusha stuff already at least. I think Bang Dream s2 is definitely going to someone else.
May 26, 2018 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
Wow ! My Gossip List.
May 26, 2018 9:45 AM
Jun 2016
MURAKUMO :(

Hope they just use her old voice recordings for a game or so if needed, rather than give me some poor imitation.
May 26, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Checked her roles and I didn't expect that she voiced some of really cute roles such as Karen from Gamers, Hokuto from Tokyo Ravens(I still find her cute despite her extremely short appearance...), and holy shit Tomonori from Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. If only I usually watch anime with characters that she voiced in, I might totally add her in my favorites.

Good luck on her studies though.

May 27, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2014
comeback soon djeeta

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

May 27, 2018 8:00 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I came here to look for someone who's still can't move on about a certain bullying incident several years ago. Looks like there's none.

Well anyways, good luck her. A year is not that long but definitely gonna miss that cute and erotic voice of hers.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.