Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2018 11:26 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I feel a sense of self is important in this series especially to craft their own identities.

*Crack*
May 25, 2018 11:37 PM

Nov 2014
What the hell is Cairngorm wearing on his feet?! Looks like Cairngorm's better off with Ghost's influence rather than without if he's gonna be like that. lol

Pad was great this chapter. Made me like him even more.
As usual, it ends with another ridiculous cliffhanger. This manga should definitely have more chapters.
May 25, 2018 11:48 PM

Apr 2014
VarunaBles said:
What the hell is Cairngorm wearing on his feet?! Looks like Cairngorm's better off with Ghost's influence rather than without if he's gonna be like that. lol

As usual, it ends with another ridiculous cliffhanger. This manga should definitely have more chapters.

he's wearing a BRA. that's even weirder!

more pages?
May 26, 2018 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
karmashizzle said:
VarunaBles said:

he's wearing a BRA. that's even weirder!

more pages?

Yep!

Oh lol, yeah, I meant more pages.
May 26, 2018 3:30 AM
Mar 2017
See? This is the kind of shit I was afraid of.
Phos actually *relies* on Cairngorm to stop him from doing reckless thing, but Cairngorm only do that because Ghost part. Cairngorm has lost it and no longer has sentiment feeling toward Phos.
Phos, you fuck up.

I know Pad is a cool person. Bless dat gem, better not dying on me. Seriously, I cry a river like Antarc.
May 26, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2011
Hmmm, interesting. This series really loves playing around with the gems' androgynous form to create what's almost a sense of dysphoria. We've already seen them frequently mix stereotypically masculine and feminine traits, and shift Phos around the feminine/masculine scale multiple times... and now Ichikawa has taken the typically very masculine Cairngorm and very abruptly switched them to seem distinctly feminine. It's another great and often more subtle way the series works with the idea of identity and change, which we're seeing can be remarkably malleable even for these more-or-less immortal beings that are literally carved from stone and typically go hundreds or thousands of years with almost no change. So fascinating.

I'm really confused by the phrase "Domicile Stulanica," all I can come up with for the "Stulanica" part is possible vague references to a species of flower, I think...? I did find a discussion where someone said the following, which would be... I'm not sure what word I would use to describe it, but it would certainly be something.

>Domicile Stulanica
I was actually curious how this would get translated. The Japanese says メゾン・ストゥラニカ which would be translated as Maison Sutranika or something similar. Someone on JP twitter hypothesised the 'sutranika' part might be made up of 'sutra' and 'nikah', the latter meaning marriage in Indonesian. I hope it's just a weird theory.

>house of the silk marriage

comedylover said:
Phos actually *relies* on Cairngorm to stop him from doing reckless thing, but Cairngorm only do that because Ghost part. Cairngorm has lost it and no longer has sentiment feeling toward Phos.
Phos, you fuck up.

I know Pad is a cool person. Bless dat gem, better not dying on me. Seriously, I cry a river like Antarc.

Yeah, I don't see this going well for Phos... If we're lucky, Pad will help keep Phos in check just like in this chapter, but I get the feeling it won't be quite that easy.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
May 26, 2018 9:01 AM
Mar 2017
MistLiigh said:
Hmmm, interesting. This series really loves playing around with the gems' androgynous form to create what's almost a sense of dysphoria. We've already seen them frequently mix stereotypically masculine and feminine traits, and shift Phos around the feminine/masculine scale multiple times... and now Ichikawa has taken the typically very masculine Cairngorm and very abruptly switched them to seem distinctly feminine. It's another great and often more subtle way the series works with the idea of identity and change, which we're seeing can be remarkably malleable even for these more-or-less immortal beings that are literally carved from stone and typically go hundreds or thousands of years with almost no change. So fascinating.

I'm really confused by the phrase "Domicile Stulanica," all I can come up with for the "Stulanica" part is possible vague references to a species of flower, I think...? I did find a discussion where someone said the following, which would be... I'm not sure what word I would use to describe it, but it would certainly be something.

>Domicile Stulanica
I was actually curious how this would get translated. The Japanese says メゾン・ストゥラニカ which would be translated as Maison Sutranika or something similar. Someone on JP twitter hypothesised the 'sutranika' part might be made up of 'sutra' and 'nikah', the latter meaning marriage in Indonesian. I hope it's just a weird theory.

>house of the silk marriage

comedylover said:
Phos, you fuck up.

Yeah, I don't see this going well for Phos... If we're lucky, Pad will help keep Phos in check just like in this chapter, but I get the feeling it won't be quite that easy.

I actually know it will turn this way, but I am also terrified. Like my comment in last chapter, Phos is based on seven buddha treasure and only lost one more material: Ruby.
I have a feeling both Phos and Pad will be broken and Pad is beyond saving. They give Phos some part of Pad, turning Phos into more wise and cool headed person.
Then Phos just realize all it has done.
May 26, 2018 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
comedylover said:
MistLiigh said:

I actually know it will turn this way, but I am also terrified. Like my comment in last chapter, Phos is based on seven buddha treasure and only lost one more material: Ruby.
I have a feeling both Phos and Pad will be broken and Pad is beyond saving. They give Phos some part of Pad, turning Phos into more wise and cool headed person.
Then Phos just realize all it has done.

Hmmm, interesting theory... That could be a really interesting way for this to play out, and makes sense, at least insofaras Pad is the closest thing they have to a Ruby right now. Definitely curious to see what Ichikawa has in store for us :o
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
May 26, 2018 10:20 AM

Feb 2015
That outfit is ugly beyond words so it's nice that they're changing it but why it looks like Prince got himself a loyal gem-waifu...
I'm kinda disapointed with Caringorm because even if I could understand his relationship with Phos now it still doesn't feel right. Like, he didn't want to go to the moon and probably do other things which he did anyway thanks to Ghost but I really thought that he himself likes Phos a little, enough to help him out if he'll be asked. Guess I was wrong.

Padparadscha was cool as expected.
HakaminahMay 26, 2018 10:24 AM
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 26, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2016
Hakaminah said:
That outfit is ugly beyond words so it's nice that they're changing it but why it looks like Prince got himself a loyal gem-waifu...
I'm kinda disapointed with Caringorm because even if I could understand his relationship with Phos now it still doesn't feel right. Like, he didn't want to go to the moon and probably do other things which he did anyway thanks to Ghost but I really thought that he himself likes Phos a little, enough to help him out if he'll be asked. Guess I was wrong.

Padparadscha was cool as expected.

I still think Cairngorm likes Phos, but he's enjoying his newfound freedom by resisting Phos's wishes "just because he can". It's kind of like kids going into puberty.
May 26, 2018 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
I feel bad for Phos. Hopefully what Cairngorm's going through is just a short phase. Phos was talking about them bringing Lapis back which is cool but they can't bring Phos' original head back right?

Also, Padparadscha is really cool. I hope they stick around for the rest of the story.
May 27, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2013
This isn't looking good for Phos. He has lucky, that Padparadscha is with him...
Apr 15, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Situation is a mess now. phos will be soon reaching the breaking point, are other gems even gonna cooperate after seeing kongo.
removed-userApr 15, 2021 12:10 PM
Jun 19, 2022 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We "lost" Cairngorm but Padparadscha is a better replacement...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 107 Discussion

Snovia - Mar 24

33 by Mugglus »»
Yesterday, 1:12 AM

» "Land of the Lustrous" (Houseki no Kuni) manga by Haruko Ichikawa will be COMPLETED NEXT MONTH

deg - Mar 19

30 by Atsunome »»
Apr 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

4 by CritiCold »»
Apr 2, 11:02 AM

» Theory of Phos being the tower of seven treasures

_YukiNoHana_ - Mar 27

4 by _YukiNoHana_ »»
Mar 29, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2014

4 by cyandaqil »»
Mar 26, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.