Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 25, 2018 9:16 AM
Apr 2016
There are some spoilers in this post. And also, this post may be because of my sadness of how the manga who turned me into a weeb, otaku, whatever, ended.... I know that this is a late post, but I finally finished the manga after I delayed reading it until I finished my IRL problems.

I'm pretty sure everyone who read the manga noticed that the end was very much rushed, but there are only a few holes. The "ending" in the harem had a "conclusion". The last chapter gave notes on what happens to the chars in the future. Even the biggest question, Maria being Hayate's sister and becoming a school nurse was disclosed...

But, there are things not disclosed. What did Hissui do with the inheritance? What did Mikado really want? Maria being mentioned to be a genius that will understand that language needed by Mkiado(which I assumes to be the reason why she was "herself" when she met with Hayate on Nagi's eternal dream. A-tan and Hina's discussion(which I forgot) which was meant to be a foreshadow. What happened to gunpla-sensei? But I guess it can end without those being mentioned...

This might just be me just hoping, but there is a potential for this to have a sequel and have Hata fix the ending. I mean, I think the reason why it went downhill was due to the fact that it became repetitive probably due to the studio not letting it end and the starting readers finally growing up from the shounen genre where he didn't adapt to them(or the editor told him not to).

Here are some things in the story that can be a set-up for a sequel.

-Nagi finally has the potential of becoming a waifu with her char in the ending.
-What Hissui did with the Sanzenin inheritance can be a good plot device with her as an ally or her as an enemy.
-The harem with the most fanbase, Hina and A-tan, can still be continued. (Hina's off-screen rejection isn't official, Hata can bend what happened to that with just a few twists). Maria's goal(which I think is waiting for Nagi to get enough money enough to hire her) can be met.
-Nagi's everyday life is somehow "manageable" with three girls together plus Hayate(businessman) in an apartment.

In other words, make a 2 year timeskip again from the ending, and you have oppai Nagi with mature hinagiku and unaging Maria. Hissui a plot device and the setting is not the mansion, but the apartment.

Well... in other words, it can be moved up to Seinen(not really Seinen-ish but something that is in in between shounen and seinen)?

This is just me expressing my sadness on how this ended and how I have this empty hope for Hata to fix this, but I needed to get this out, even through writing with no one ever reading it.

Just please, don't let it end this way! I don't even mind if he makes it an LN version(I actually prefer LN but pretty sure manga is the way to go for HnG). Please fix this ending! This manga changed my life! Even if it's just a volume or two! T.T Hinagiku was my first crush, yes, a fictional character was my first crush back when I was a kid!
WatcherAMay 25, 2018 9:28 AM
Jul 30, 2020 9:11 AM
Jul 2020
Hi! I’m very late hahaha. The author has a youtube channel and is aiming for a million subscribers to re animate the manga. Please go support him! Here’s a link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxZa__0gJGEuk4wH9wiUgow

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 568 (Final Chapter) Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Apr 9, 2017

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.