Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2018 2:19 AM

Mar 2018
Well, finally the best-worst episode is out (two days ago, I know ¬_¬), it was a nice war (lol), most of the scenes were good, and then we had some crappy CGI but that's the rule now so there is no room for complaints I guess.

Alexis is such a good boi, too good for that world (or even ours, he probably would be one of those adults who never appear on DiTF); while I do get the reasons Marrine had to do what she did, there were lots of options to do it better (in the end she won't do what she planned anyways); I think it's a good thing I don't hate her, but man she's really dumb.

Also, my man Theo is so suave, just dropping that he's going to marry Siluca like it's nothing too big XD.

Finally that vampire appears again, can't wait to see him stabbed :D.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
May 27, 2018 2:30 AM
Apr 2017
Long-Haired said:
Come on guys cut down on the marrine hate too much. She did what every single conqueror has done the only difference is she didn't continue hers. She killed people?shiet everyone has killed someone. She invaded other kingdoms? Same for everyone. She had sex for political alliance? Im sure that's none of anyone's business.She may have fucked up so many lives but at least this time she made the correct choice. Also there's nothing wrong with alexis forgiving marrine for what she's done and for giving her virginity to someone else. Stop making too much deal of a one time political sex(which i hate also). If virginity is too much of a deal then even rape victims don't deserve happiness.
Virginity is a big deal...and perhaps on the last one.
May 27, 2018 3:09 AM
Apr 2018
DirectorK said:
To all the people saying Marrine should die a horrible death let me ask you this: "What good would her death do?"

Is it going to change the fact that people died? Nope. Is it going to change the fact that she did what she did? Nope. Is is really going to make the world feel any better? For you perhaps, but for the rest fucking NOPE!

I don't disagree that she made a lot of bad decisions and that she caused so much death and destruction but that's something she alone has to live with. That's the price you pay when you're a leader. A leader has to make difficult decisions. Some will be bad indeed but you have to accept it and move forward.

So if you say Marrine should die a horrible death then so should Theo, Alexis, and every other military leader in this anime? Hell, why don't we throw in real military leaders like Julius Caesar, William the Conqueror, and Napoleon Bonaparte while we're at it? All of them have caused the same amount of death and destruction as Marrine has. But you just focus on her because she gave her virginity to another in order to obtain a powerful ally? That's just cheap people. Her death wouldn't solve anything other than your own self satisfaction. In fact, her death likely would have made things much worse.

It's easy for you guys to criticize how stupid wars are but you fail to realize that there's more to fighting wars than just politics. Seriously, I would just love to see you people try to lead a nation and an army into battle just to see how far you can get before you realize just how far out of touch with reality you really are.

Spot on. No one in this anime has clean hands even the heroes yet the people only hate marrine. It's f**king obvious that all this hate comes down to her sacrificing her virginity and all these haters are just covering it up with "she did this and that". They ain't fooling me.
May 27, 2018 12:43 PM
Nov 2017
Well then, we finally have a pretty big scale battle going on.

Theo seems to have achieved his desire to bring peace between everyone. AND we finally start to see the possible beginning of them all fighting the true enemy.

Marrine finalllyyyyy seeing sense. Took quite some time. At least she shows some level of regret and remorse for her actions up to this point.
May 27, 2018 12:56 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:

Theo seems to have achieved his desire to bring peace between everyone. AND we finally start to see the possible beginning of them all fighting the true enemy.

Marrine finalllyyyyy seeing sense. Took quite some time. At least she shows some level of regret and remorse for her actions up to this point.
Remorse ain’t enough, she has to suffer permanently in some way.
May 27, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2017
Dpc292 said:
Yorindesarin said:

She quite literally said that those decisions are going to be with her forever. I mean... If that isn't enough for you I don't know what else you want. Alexis to die so Marrine can see she is wrong? Would only make her worse than she was. Plus would be negative for the entire storyline... Plus as others have said NO-ONE has clean hands in this series. Not even Theo. But everyones so focused on Marrine its stupid.
May 27, 2018 2:56 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:
Dpc292 said:

She quite literally said that those decisions are going to be with her forever. I mean... If that isn't enough for you I don't know what else you want. Alexis to die so Marrine can see she is wrong? Would only make her worse than she was. Plus would be negative for the entire storyline... Plus as others have said NO-ONE has clean hands in this series. Not even Theo. But everyones so focused on Marrine its stupid.
fuck no, Alexis doesn’t deserve pain, he deserves a virgin woman.
May 27, 2018 3:22 PM
Nov 2017
Dpc292 said:

Don't really get why she has to be a virgin. But ight. If being a virgin some how makes all your actions acceptable.. lul.
May 27, 2018 3:23 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:
Dpc292 said:

Don't really get why she has to be a virgin. But ight. If being a virgin some how makes all your actions acceptable.. lul.
If he’s a virgin, then he must lose his virginity with a virgin.
May 27, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2017
finally the announcements of the end of this long war, the destined marriage between Alexis & Marrine, the public the reveal of Theo's love for Siluca, and the appearance of the true enemy that threatens the kingdom! from here on.. things are going to get really thrilling more than it has so far.
May 27, 2018 8:00 PM
Apr 2018
Dpc292 said:
Yorindesarin said:

Knew it. All this marrine hate is just because of her virginity. Her doing bad things was just a cover
May 27, 2018 8:06 PM
Apr 2017
Long-Haired said:
Dpc292 said:

Knew it. All this marrine hate is just because of her virginity. Her doing bad things was just a cover
dude I don’t watch the show. I just hate when love is betrayed in such a way.
May 27, 2018 8:24 PM

Aug 2012
Marrine trying to be a martyr instead of being rational. Wants to shoulder everything herself. I cant blame her to much though. Alexis seems like to much of a beta to seem reliable.
May 28, 2018 2:14 AM

Feb 2016
Siluca, you want to return to Siluca, eh? Together with Theo, eh? I don't know how this is conveyed in manga, but I don't expect them to return to calm and peace days of love. Theo-Siluca become emperor-empress duo while Alexis-Marrine enjoy their honey-moon!
Oct 3, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
I feel like watching GoT: The Animation.

all those lords trying to get the throne, only to unify and battle the undead.
Oct 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2014
I havent read the source material but I feel like they skipped so much
Nov 7, 2018 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Theo has entered the battlefield.
Alexis has arrived.
Smoove Alexis.
Oh snap! She told Alexis that she's used goods.
Alexis you fool. She's used goods.
You really kissed her. smh
Dat ending.

Baka Alexis.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 24, 2019 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
They love each other so all the death she caused is fine guys. It's just fine.
Aug 2, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
Dpc292 said:
Yorindesarin said:

thats not how world works, ppl usually loose virginity to some1 they love even if its not a virgin, ofc sonetimes its lost to stuppid mistakes

and who cares about virginity this days? what matters is that guy or a woman (ur partner) isn't nympho slut that what matters

Sugram22Aug 2, 2019 11:57 AM
Aug 11, 2019 1:04 AM
Jan 2009
I don't understand why they act like 40,000 troops is a lot for the Alliance to have at the start of this episode. Theo had 50,000 when he attacked Mirza, NOT including the Free Lords, and he raised that force in, what, 1 or 2 days from just Altirk?
Aug 31, 2019 3:27 PM

May 2019
Stop everything!

Who is this girl!? 11:54 Look that armour, look that sword, look that hair, look at her butler!

That is something that deserves a spin-off.

EDIT:

She comes back in the next episode, still unnamed, but looking to be the Lord of some ally country in the continent.

Rob7Aug 31, 2019 6:11 PM
Nov 26, 2019 11:36 PM
Nov 2018
It looks like the movie the cuckold of Monte Cristo (2002) and Alexis looks like edmond Dantes of this movie.

Oct 5, 2020 12:47 AM
Dec 2019
Dpc292 said:
Long-Haired said:

dude I don’t watch the show. I just hate when love is betrayed in such a way.

exactly, hoes dont deserve any love from a pure man
Jan 12, 2022 1:00 PM
Mar 2021
damnn Alexis deserve much much better than her. his heart are just too pure, marrine are so damn lucky Alexis can accept the fact that her "first" are given to other man that his level is far below Alexis.
Mar 12, 2022 6:59 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly don't understand the hate for Marrine mfs just don't understand ig,some are mad about how she let Milza do her despite the fact that it was MILZA himself who put that shxt on the table and seeing how he was an OP mf and Marrine wanted to win badly having him on her side was ONLY a good thing in her eyes and she was determined to win the war to save from Alexis or anyone else having to be targeted by the Mage Academy, Marrine is one of my favourite characters and the hate she gets makes ABSOLUTELY no sense if you have a working brain you'd know the reasons why ppl hate on her are invalid. This was a great episode happy to see Marrine happy and super surprised with how well Alexis took the whole "Milza incident" he's a 🐐 bro he's amazing. The whole episode was fire 🔥🔥🔥
Mar 12, 2022 7:02 PM
Feb 2021
DirectorK said:
To all the people saying Marrine should die a horrible death let me ask you this: "What good would her death do?"

Is it going to change the fact that people died? Nope. Is it going to change the fact that she did what she did? Nope. Is is really going to make the world feel any better? For you perhaps, but for the rest fucking NOPE!

I don't disagree that she made a lot of bad decisions and that she caused so much death and destruction but that's something she alone has to live with. That's the price you pay when you're a leader. A leader has to make difficult decisions. Some will be bad indeed but you have to accept it and move forward.

So if you say Marrine should die a horrible death then so should Theo, Alexis, and every other military leader in this anime. Hell, why don't we throw in real world military leaders like Julius Caesar, William the Conqueror, and Napoleon Bonaparte while we're at it? All of them have caused the same amount of death and destruction as Marrine has, but you just focus on her because she gave her virginity to a man she didn't love in order to obtain a powerful ally? That's just cheap people. Her death wouldn't solve anything other than your own self satisfaction. In fact, her death likely would have made things much worse.

It's easy for you guys to criticize how stupid wars are but you fail to realize that there's more to fighting wars than just politics. Seriously, I would just love to see you people try to lead a nation and an army into battle just to see how far you can get before you realize just how far out of touch with reality you really are.
this, this is valid the Marrine hate is invalid
Feb 15, 2023 1:42 AM
Feb 2023
sirwence said:
the Pitched Battle between the Treaty and Alliance forces was interesting and well done - I enjoyed the Tactics - especially the Treaties. Marrine vs Theo was a good chess match; a chess match Theo won. I kinda figured Marrine was going for the Martyr route based on her actions leading up to this as she more or less spoke of herself as 'lost'  - Theos Proposels were what I expected - he more or less would want to make a three way faction into a single faction with a married Marrine and Alexis at its head - thus unifying everything. Though I believe Marrine was quite correct in who the first emperor should be. - He will be a short term emperor but I dont think he can run away from being the Earl of Sistina (IE actually having to rule more than a tiny village) But he will get to go home with his queen and rule in peace .. I hope anyway.
I found the marriage aspect to be well done. Though I await the negative comments. I find it funny how Theo just kinda dropped it on the other two Faction leaders "Well im marrying my queen" haha.

All around great episode.. Now its time to face the real enemies ( used pular because I believe the pope is one too and there are demons and the academy.

I believe we are entering volume 9s end / 10s start now too.
I know it's been so long since this comment was posted, but can you point out to the episode where Marrine talks about herself as "lost"? 
Apr 8, 2023 7:43 PM
Nov 2021
OMG THIS IS A HIDDEN GEM, A FUCKING MASTERPIECE EPISODE BEST DRAMA EVER IN MY LIFE
Oct 15, 2023 10:09 PM

Oct 2022
Forgiveness is the hardest act that a human can commit. Even for someone who's done unspeakable actions. While I am not happy with the actions that Marrine has committed that have hurt Alexis, his willingness to forgive her and move forward with her in his life is nothing but courageous and commendable.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 16, 3:54 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to vadoyager7
Forgiveness is the hardest act that a human can commit. Even for someone who's done unspeakable actions. While I am not happy with the actions that Marrine has committed that have hurt Alexis, his willingness to forgive her and move forward with her in his life is nothing but courageous and commendable.
@vadoyager7 How is it courageous and commendable?
Read Toriko!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.