Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, war interrupts again on the battlefield. Siluca, Aishela, and Irvin showing off their skills like usual.

I swear, Marrine is so stubborn in this show. She doesn't agree with an alliance? It's too bad because her decisions result in casualties. Marrine and Alexis reunion though...wasn't expecting that.

Alexis is so forgiving tbh. Truly, he should of been Marrine's first. Still, at least she made the right decision this time to become Alexis' queen. I hope.
Stark700May 25, 2018 9:52 AM
May 25, 2018 10:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The pitched battle between the alliance and the treaty sure was interesting and i loved the creative tactics that the treaty used. Seeing Marrine and Theo match wits against each other on the field was fun. Good thing they managed to hold out until the union arrived. So Marrine also determined that the mage academy was the true enemy. But Theo's proposals sure were surprising. Marrine's real reason for her war was really unexpected. The marriage proposal though was pretty sweet. But Theo using his relationship with Siluca to give the little nudge was funny. Well Alexis has the girl and the war between the two sides ends i call that a great victory. Wonder how the academy will react now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2018 10:22 AM

Nov 2008
the Pitched Battle between the Treaty and Alliance forces was interesting and well done - I enjoyed the Tactics - especially the Treaties. Marrine vs Theo was a good chess match; a chess match Theo won. I kinda figured Marrine was going for the Martyr route based on her actions leading up to this as she more or less spoke of herself as 'lost' - Theos Proposels were what I expected - he more or less would want to make a three way faction into a single faction with a married Marrine and Alexis at its head - thus unifying everything. Though I believe Marrine was quite correct in who the first emperor should be. - He will be a short term emperor but I dont think he can run away from being the Earl of Sistina (IE actually having to rule more than a tiny village) But he will get to go home with his queen and rule in peace .. I hope anyway.
I found the marriage aspect to be well done. Though I await the negative comments. I find it funny how Theo just kinda dropped it on the other two Faction leaders "Well im marrying my queen" haha.

All around great episode.. Now its time to face the real enemies ( used pular because I believe the pope is one too and there are demons and the academy.

I believe we are entering volume 9s end / 10s start now too.
May 25, 2018 10:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I liked their solution. Cutting the gordian knot. Now we'll get to see the true evil behind all that's happening.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 25, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
They didn't wait to show the battle. Everyone killing, and overall a massacre. It wasn't that good.

This war could have ended way earlier if Marrine didnt act like that. At least they agreed on marriage and Theo be the first Emperor. He deserves it though. Hurray, Marrine and Alexis together finally.

Everyone united now with a common enemy on sight, the Mage Academy. They are about to make their move.
May 25, 2018 10:46 AM
May 2018
This show is fucking terrible and Marinne should have died, the end.
May 25, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
I feel like the result that occured with Marrine was kind of unsatisfying and unrealistic after everything she did. It felt like a really cheap ripoff of a shitty English film for some reason.

The battle however was really fun and good tactics were shown on display.

Overall whilst I have some narrative issues, it was still a fun and decent episode.

May 25, 2018 10:53 AM
Jul 2016
Even if Marrine has her reason and the reconcilliation was beatiful, I still hate her and preferred her to die.
I think she has to be punished for what she did
May 25, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
A huge battle ensues with many causalities on both sides. It's upsetting that Marrine is still alive, she should be dead. Now that they are allies, it's time to face against the true enemy.
May 25, 2018 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
So all's been wrapped up and now the true enemy makes the move. Alexis sure was pure to the core, forgiving all and end. Can't wait to see how the finale unfolds.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 25, 2018 11:32 AM

Sep 2007
Now I'm more curious about what will Marinne's right hand mage (and Siluca's dad) do. Looks like Alexis mage was already killed... doesn't it mean Siluca and the other are in grave danger lol. Let's unleash some hell! and vampires.
May 25, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2015
4 More damn episodes until this garbage is done, thank the lord. All of this contrived bs is killing my brain. Well, it's more watchable than Beatless though.

Hatred or love of this show aside, I think we can all agree, Alexis has shit taste in women. He's coming dead fucking last in the waifu wars.
YautjaMay 25, 2018 2:29 PM
May 25, 2018 2:26 PM
Oct 2017
Yep and Marrine just gets away from everything terrible she did totally scot free. Props to Alexis for being overly understanding but it really kinda spoils it knowing the woman who was happy to slaughter thousands and her own family did it just so someone could maybe do something about the real enemy, as opposed to dedicating herself to finding out that enemy. I mean if one random mage from nowhere can find out about it, it seems weird a queen with all her resources can't. And that's just it, she's pretty much on the route for a happy ending with no consequences. Ugh...

I mean i'm still hyped to see the end of all this, sure. Also where the hell is that Nord girl from earlier? You'd think with her dad being dead she'd show up somewhere.
May 25, 2018 4:02 PM

May 2018
Marrine should be thrown off a cliff and devoured by wild dogs! She does not deserve one drop of happiness.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 25, 2018 4:29 PM
Jun 2017
Ohhh the battle between the 3 parties has able to reach at one condition- for Grancrest to be done (by marriage of Lord Marrine and Lord Alexis)...

And now the Mage association will made their final move since the war has called a truce.

Few more episodes so lets see what will happen..
May 25, 2018 4:41 PM
Jan 2017
The big battle was absolutely incredible, with both sides quickly adapting to each other's tactics and turning things around. As for the emotional crux of the episode: the secret is out. Alexis knows what happened between Marrine and Mirza. And amazingly, he is okay with it! No, really! Wow! I guess the moral of the episode is that mistakes are correctable as long as one remembers what's really important. Unfortunately, with the war suspended, the Mage Academy will likely become the antagonists from now on. This was a good episode and I'm looking forward to see what happens next.
May 25, 2018 4:46 PM
Jun 2017
I don't understand how come everyone in this show is ok with, all that marrine has done , although if it wasn't for all that bullshit marrine has done her scene with alexis would've been a great scene, but unfortunately It isn't the alexis forgiving everything plus Theo and siluca ok with it is leaving a bad taste it's ridiculous how forgiving everyone is but fuck logic and realistics lol
Alex_TyrantrexMay 25, 2018 5:09 PM
May 25, 2018 8:32 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
The battle scenes were so awesome and satisfying. And I still think Marrine doesn't deserve to be happy, but plot wants her to be happy so who am I to complain lol.
May 25, 2018 8:47 PM
Sep 2015
To justified Marrine's action, the final boss has to make more casualty than her, which is unlikely.
May 25, 2018 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode although a bit marred by some sloppy animation and ugly CGI. Caught by surprise how quickly the three sides came together. Now for the real battle!
May 25, 2018 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
I really liked the battle scenes in the episode, I like it when the focus of the anime is in the battle or the protagonist couple, and I was also impressed by Marrine revealing in front of everyone who spent the night with the prince who died back there, or maybe more impressed by everyone not to care about it, or even more impressed by Alexis basically saying: 'if you were not in love with him, then no problem you slept with him, let's get married!', I think even if she had said that was in love, he would say the same thing, each with his tastes, and now it's time to face the great enemy, I hope a really exciting final stretch for this adaptation ..
May 25, 2018 9:50 PM
Mar 2018
Grancuck Senki: "If she is not in love then there are no problems."
May 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of intense fights happened in this episode,i just wish we had more time to see them with more details.
Well, i wasn't expecting their fight to end so soon xD But i guess it's because something bigger is coming...
After almost 20 episodes, it finally happened, they will marry! Hope this time with success xD

Hope the last episodes will be epic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 26, 2018 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
final arc and the true enemy finally show up
May 26, 2018 12:58 AM

Aug 2012
Extremely bad episode. Bad war tactics or in case of Marinne no tactics. Again insane rantings from the whore Marinne. Nothing she says makes any sense. Even if the Academy is behind all this and this was to be expected at some level her actions make no sense. A full attack on the Mages and executions would have solved everything extremely simple. And of course she gets her happy ending despite being an insane murdering whore despite doing nothing to deserve it. There is no penitence from her part. Yeah she starts the water works, but that is bs . Is a way to avoid taking reponsibility for her actions. Also the way they glance over the fact that she gave in to Mirza without haggling or proposing a counter offer or anything. And of course Alexis sill reigns as the ultimate cuck. And the writers try to make us forget and fell pity for the bitch. That makes me want to vomit.
May 26, 2018 1:25 AM
Jun 2008
I wonder if the Order of the Crests make their move too?
May 26, 2018 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
Waited till this episode to actually give a rating of the this anime. Its behind atrocious, Marrine alone is enough for me to call this anime atrocious, her decisions throughout was so dumb and her motivations were so weak it was unbelievable that a writer would think this is ok to present to an audience. So many people died because of her gross decision making including her own cousin. To think all of a sudden its all good now and she's happy and getting off without a scratch is absolutely mind boggling. She should at least have one of her arms or her tits cut off ffs!!

The negotiations after the battles were on another level of wtf.

The fighting scenes are so extreme going from decent to extremely bad, bad being most of the time.

It doesn't even matter what happens in the last episodes. This anime's rating is a 4 for me.
DreddMay 26, 2018 2:48 AM
May 26, 2018 2:26 AM
Apr 2018
Come on guys cut down on the marrine hate too much. She did what every single conqueror has done the only difference is she didn't continue hers. She killed people?shiet everyone has killed someone. She invaded other kingdoms? Same for everyone. She had sex for political alliance? Im sure that's none of anyone's business.She may have fucked up so many lives but at least this time she made the correct choice. Also there's nothing wrong with alexis forgiving marrine for what she's done and for giving her virginity to someone else. Stop making too much deal of a one time political sex(which i hate also). If virginity is too much of a deal then even rape victims don't deserve happiness.
Long-HairedMay 26, 2018 2:32 AM
May 26, 2018 3:37 AM

Jul 2015
Ok but the same soundtrack from Episode 8 came back, (If anyone has link or name to the ost plz message me or something PLZ) And this soundtrack got me again tbh, Even tho it’s a huge cliche, the atmosphere was again really amazing just like in episode 8 when they confessed. The Piano in this ost always give me the chills by how fitting it is into the situation.
May 26, 2018 3:57 AM

Aug 2012
Long-Haired said:
Come on guys cut down on the marrine hate too much. She did what every single conqueror has done the only difference is she didn't continue hers. She killed people?shiet everyone has killed someone. She invaded other kingdoms? Same for everyone. She had sex for political alliance? Im sure that's none of anyone's business.She may have fucked up so many lives but at least this time she made the correct choice. Also there's nothing wrong with alexis forgiving marrine for what she's done and for giving her virginity to someone else. Stop making too much deal of a one time political sex(which i hate also). If virginity is too much of a deal then even rape victims don't deserve happiness.
Well we do not praise leaders that do those things especially when their motivations are so weak. We kill them and erase them from history.
May 26, 2018 4:28 AM

Feb 2011
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well we do not praise leaders that do those things especially when their motivations are so weak. We kill them and erase them from history.

If we erase them from history then how do we know about them
May 26, 2018 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
Rosiero said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

If we erase them from history then how do we know about them
I meant we destroy everything they had or made. And no matter how much you try some records will still remain. Think of Akhenathon.
May 26, 2018 5:55 AM

Nov 2009
Alexis and Marrine are aiming for the Cheesiest Love Story Ever Told Award, nice episode though. I really liked the animation for the explosions in the short boat battle and then Siluca's different spells.
May 26, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
What a cuck Alexis is. I hated this resolution when I read it in he LN and I hate it now. She should have suffered the same fate as Milza, not get a happy ending after all this shit she did. It's still hard to believe that the same guy who created Lodoss and Rune Soldier wrote this garbage. I know the ending already so I"m just going to give this a 2/10 as a final rating. Only reason I didn't give it a 1 is because of Theo and Siluca.
May 26, 2018 10:12 AM
Apr 2018
GreenEmu said:
What a cuck Alexis is. I hated this resolution when I read it in he LN and I hate it now. She should have suffered the same fate as Milza, not get a happy ending after all this shit she did. It's still hard to believe that the same guy who created Lodoss and Rune Soldier wrote this garbage. I know the ending already so I"m just going to give this a 2/10 as a final rating. Only reason I didn't give it a 1 is because of Theo and Siluca.

I am actually surprise you're still watching this
May 26, 2018 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
phantomfandom said:
To justified Marrine's action, the final boss has to make more casualty than her, which is unlikely.

Justification could simply be the real enemy has been doing this since they learned to 'control and use chaos' energy so hundreds or thousands of years - id say theyve done more damage.

Bayonette said:
I wonder if the Order of the Crests make their move too?

it is likely seeing as the Demons/MA and the Pope are whats left to fight seemingly
May 26, 2018 11:47 AM

May 2018
So Marrine did all that to protect Alexism , and has to sacrifice her men and her vassals in order to show who the real enemy is which happens to be the Mage Academy??????So the spoiler were spot on Marrine was forgiven and becomes alexis queen, so from here on with 4 more episodes left I'm guessing it would be agaisnt the Mage Academy.
May 26, 2018 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Again, maybe the LN does a better job of this, but I feel like it's truly awful what they've made Marinne out to be. I know Theo and Alexis both had to reach this place with their forces (for Theo, gathering his own coalition; for Alexis, gathering up the courage/determination) to corner Marinne and force her to a summit, but not only does Marinne look misguided now, she looks downright stupid for having insisted on war if a conversation like this could've resolved the issues.

Like, she's been a semi-villain all this time and we knew she was going to turn, but good god that felt like too fast a change. We now have 4.5 episodes for the mages and the demons to go down (inevitably in lightning fast pace) and for the inevitable happy ending.
May 26, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
All hail Empress Siluca!

She's quite the mastermind.

... so many died... for that?
May 26, 2018 10:19 PM

May 2016
To all the people saying Marrine should die a horrible death let me ask you this: "What good would her death do?"

Is it going to change the fact that people died? Nope. Is it going to change the fact that she did what she did? Nope. Is is really going to make the world feel any better? For you perhaps, but for the rest fucking NOPE!

I don't disagree that she made a lot of bad decisions and that she caused so much death and destruction but that's something she alone has to live with. That's the price you pay when you're a leader. A leader has to make difficult decisions. Some will be bad indeed but you have to accept it and move forward.

So if you say Marrine should die a horrible death then so should Theo, Alexis, and every other military leader in this anime. Hell, why don't we throw in real world military leaders like Julius Caesar, William the Conqueror, and Napoleon Bonaparte while we're at it? All of them have caused the same amount of death and destruction as Marrine has, but you just focus on her because she gave her virginity to a man she didn't love in order to obtain a powerful ally? That's just cheap people. Her death wouldn't solve anything other than your own self satisfaction. In fact, her death likely would have made things much worse.

It's easy for you guys to criticize how stupid wars are but you fail to realize that there's more to fighting wars than just politics. Seriously, I would just love to see you people try to lead a nation and an army into battle just to see how far you can get before you realize just how far out of touch with reality you really are.
DirectorKMay 27, 2018 9:57 AM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 27, 2018 2:19 AM

Mar 2018
Well, finally the best-worst episode is out (two days ago, I know ¬_¬), it was a nice war (lol), most of the scenes were good, and then we had some crappy CGI but that's the rule now so there is no room for complaints I guess.

Alexis is such a good boi, too good for that world (or even ours, he probably would be one of those adults who never appear on DiTF); while I do get the reasons Marrine had to do what she did, there were lots of options to do it better (in the end she won't do what she planned anyways); I think it's a good thing I don't hate her, but man she's really dumb.

Also, my man Theo is so suave, just dropping that he's going to marry Siluca like it's nothing too big XD.

Finally that vampire appears again, can't wait to see him stabbed :D.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline šŸ˜…
May 27, 2018 2:30 AM
Apr 2017
Long-Haired said:
Virginity is a big deal...and perhaps on the last one.
May 27, 2018 3:09 AM
Apr 2018
DirectorK said:
To all the people saying Marrine should die a horrible death let me ask you this: "What good would her death do?"

Is it going to change the fact that people died? Nope. Is it going to change the fact that she did what she did? Nope. Is is really going to make the world feel any better? For you perhaps, but for the rest fucking NOPE!

I don't disagree that she made a lot of bad decisions and that she caused so much death and destruction but that's something she alone has to live with. That's the price you pay when you're a leader. A leader has to make difficult decisions. Some will be bad indeed but you have to accept it and move forward.

So if you say Marrine should die a horrible death then so should Theo, Alexis, and every other military leader in this anime? Hell, why don't we throw in real military leaders like Julius Caesar, William the Conqueror, and Napoleon Bonaparte while we're at it? All of them have caused the same amount of death and destruction as Marrine has. But you just focus on her because she gave her virginity to another in order to obtain a powerful ally? That's just cheap people. Her death wouldn't solve anything other than your own self satisfaction. In fact, her death likely would have made things much worse.

It's easy for you guys to criticize how stupid wars are but you fail to realize that there's more to fighting wars than just politics. Seriously, I would just love to see you people try to lead a nation and an army into battle just to see how far you can get before you realize just how far out of touch with reality you really are.

Spot on. No one in this anime has clean hands even the heroes yet the people only hate marrine. It's f**king obvious that all this hate comes down to her sacrificing her virginity and all these haters are just covering it up with "she did this and that". They ain't fooling me.
May 27, 2018 12:43 PM
Nov 2017
Well then, we finally have a pretty big scale battle going on.

Theo seems to have achieved his desire to bring peace between everyone. AND we finally start to see the possible beginning of them all fighting the true enemy.

Marrine finalllyyyyy seeing sense. Took quite some time. At least she shows some level of regret and remorse for her actions up to this point.
May 27, 2018 12:56 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:

Theo seems to have achieved his desire to bring peace between everyone. AND we finally start to see the possible beginning of them all fighting the true enemy.

Marrine finalllyyyyy seeing sense. Took quite some time. At least she shows some level of regret and remorse for her actions up to this point.
Remorse ain’t enough, she has to suffer permanently in some way.
May 27, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2017
Dpc292 said:
Yorindesarin said:

She quite literally said that those decisions are going to be with her forever. I mean... If that isn't enough for you I don't know what else you want. Alexis to die so Marrine can see she is wrong? Would only make her worse than she was. Plus would be negative for the entire storyline... Plus as others have said NO-ONE has clean hands in this series. Not even Theo. But everyones so focused on Marrine its stupid.
May 27, 2018 2:56 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:
Dpc292 said:

She quite literally said that those decisions are going to be with her forever. I mean... If that isn't enough for you I don't know what else you want. Alexis to die so Marrine can see she is wrong? Would only make her worse than she was. Plus would be negative for the entire storyline... Plus as others have said NO-ONE has clean hands in this series. Not even Theo. But everyones so focused on Marrine its stupid.
fuck no, Alexis doesn’t deserve pain, he deserves a virgin woman.
May 27, 2018 3:22 PM
Nov 2017
Dpc292 said:

Don't really get why she has to be a virgin. But ight. If being a virgin some how makes all your actions acceptable.. lul.
May 27, 2018 3:23 PM
Apr 2017
Yorindesarin said:
Dpc292 said:

Don't really get why she has to be a virgin. But ight. If being a virgin some how makes all your actions acceptable.. lul.
If he’s a virgin, then he must lose his virginity with a virgin.
May 27, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2017
finally the announcements of the end of this long war, the destined marriage between Alexis & Marrine, the public the reveal of Theo's love for Siluca, and the appearance of the true enemy that threatens the kingdom! from here on.. things are going to get really thrilling more than it has so far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.