Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really took on the video game/RPG theme style.

The way characters are designed into the world is very entertaining imo in particular for Narumi. She has those long noticable ears! Meanwhile, Kabakura looks like a warrior with armor and sword. Koyanagi has the look of a witch and I think it really suits for her character.

They even added a dragon to make the world feel more convincing. This episode definitely had the most creative gags so far. That fight was dope.
May 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really took on the video game/RPG theme style.

The way characters are designed into the world is very entertaining imo in particular for Narumi. She has those long noticable ears! Meanwhile, Kabakura looks like a warrior with armor and sword. Koyanagi has the look of a witch and I think it really suits for her character.

They even added a dragon to make the world feel more convincing. This episode definitely had the most creative gags so far. That fight was dope.

Wait, has the episode been released? I cannot find it anywhere.
May 24, 2018 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
Starting with chibi male senpai in adventure game.

Main girl joins up later. Senpai girl is enjoying her bath time before joining.

Main guy doesn't like online game, though.

lol @ senpai pair fighting in the game, too. lol @ KajiKaji's character using main guy's character (he told him to log in for him). In danger... He's finally back. And when he does, the strong enemy is defeated in one shot.

KajiKaji's character is interested.

CM this time (it's KajiKaji's character's turn next time)

Guys drinking with others. They are afraid of the senpai guy but afraid of telling him, but main guy says it for them. They talked about girls, too.

Girls talking about anime, but cannot share the same opinions about the talk about the pairing position.

KajiKaji's character saw the girls' talking.
tsubasaloverMay 24, 2018 6:12 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2018 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
That MMO part, make it spin-off, give it 50+ episode, i'll watch it.

Also why the subtitles are translating fujoshi and fudanshi as "yaoi fan" is beyond me lol, its not only here but in previous episodes too.
May 24, 2018 10:50 AM
Apr 2014
Hirotaka using Maker's Finger to take down that dragon X)
May 24, 2018 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
The first half was pretty fun to watch with them playing an RPG together. Their avatars are quite unique. Nifuji took out the boss in just one shot and took the loot all for himself lol. Momose and Koyanagi arguing over parings was funny.
May 24, 2018 10:54 AM

Nov 2016
The videogame sequence was pretty fun.

And lol @ Kabakura reading Yuru Yuri.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2018 11:02 AM

Jan 2018
Last episode with the kabe-don and this poor guys
Game Avatars and representation of them are well fit for characters especially Narumi and cool Nifuji
May 24, 2018 11:08 AM

Jun 2017
ArjunAugusto said:
Last episode with the kabe-don and this poor guys
Game Avatars and representation of them are well fit for characters especially Narumi and cool Nifuji

cant agree more, narumi nifuji have the most odly avatar of all 4, an elf that looks cute but turn out to be an assassin and an archer with weird outfit lol
May 24, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
First half of the episode showing a RPG game. It was nice to see everyone together to defeat the boss. Well Hirotaka defeat him easily.

Momose with her assassin class and being an elf, cute character and obcessed with money. The dinner was quite entertaining. The guys talking about Momose and Kobayashi, oh boy that Hirotaka face was priceless.

The struggles of Yaoi couples, lmao. They were really serious about them. The chemistry of the characters was good in the episode.
May 24, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
Lovely episode. The RPG shit was actually more entertaining than I expected and seeing Momose and Koyanagi discuss yaoi was pretty funny.

I really love the chemistry between these 4 characters. They got "it" whilst most anime romcoms I have seen doesnt have that.
May 24, 2018 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
I like their shenanigans in this series
May 24, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2013
finally an mmorpg episode I enjoyed that narumi was an assassin instead of a healer or support. that second half was just too good I couldn't get enough of seeing narumi and hana argue about ships. honestly they both made really good arguments as to why it should be hiro x kaba and kaba x hiro by the end of it I couldn't decide which one was the true ship. kabakura is the best reading yuru yuri. I'm a little disappointed that the bath scene with hana-chan wasn't longer.
May 24, 2018 11:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The little message in the beginning was hillarious. Narumi's character is cute though an elf really suits her. But she's crazy strong though. Hanako's game avatar sure matches her real self. Nao's actions are hillarious every time he appears. Hirotaka sure arrived in the nick of time though. Having the same tastes doesn't mean that they will like the same chars though. The two dinners though sure was a great contrast with each other. Tarou's inner thoughts as he debunked each point made about Hanako was hillarious. An interesting episode. It was funny seeing them play a mmo together with avatars that look exactly the same as their real selves. Seems both Hirotaka and Tarou are getting more conscious of their other halves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
I didn't like the RPG parts, but damn this anime is so wholesome, I still enjoy every second of it! The yaoi discussion was pretty funny, too. I kinda wish they would have revealed that they were in a relationship at the end, just to see the other guys react. I find this whole secrecy thing weird anyway, and it's also unrealistic since everyone immediately knows everything in an office space anyway (I can speak from experience).
May 24, 2018 11:44 AM

Feb 2018
This episode was pretty funny epecially the second half.
May 24, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
Narumi's character was pretty cute.

Yaoi is serious business :P I also like the random Yuru Yuri references that'll sometimes pop up
May 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Jun 2016
"I think you misunderstood"Ahahahah

May 24, 2018 12:40 PM

Apr 2012
Lol, jokes about yaoi and yuri were pretty good, especially about "double standards" of Kabakura. I wonder how it is when your parents yaoi fangirl and yuri fanboy.

May 24, 2018 1:00 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously, what a perfect timing to . And that "rare" dragon boss... I thought it would be a bit harder to take care of. Just one shot from a max'd lvl player and it's done. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 24, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
I loved the episode, that opening segment with the MMO game was pretty charming, Nao-chan is quickly becoming a favorite, he's so pure that sometimes I wish he would be "corrupted" by our main quartet, but at the same time he gives us another point of view and funny moments by being so clueless about their hobbies so he's also fine as he is.

Also that heated discussion about who would be the seme and who would be the uke between Kabakura and Hirotaka was pretty funny, I'm on Hana-chan's side on this one, Kabakura is certainly more seme like. lol
May 24, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2013

Kabakura truly is the only one with some culture around here.
May 24, 2018 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
Those guys need to tread lightly when talking about girls in front of their boyfriends.
It was fun listening to the girls talk about which of their boyfriends should be on top and which should be on the bottom
May 24, 2018 3:01 PM
Jul 2013
Another good episode, but the after credits scene stole the show.
May 24, 2018 3:03 PM

Dec 2011
I love both of the 2 parts of this episode.
The first one with that online gaming with Hirotaka just one-hit KO that dragon xD
and of course the 2nd part with the girl discussing about the position lol & the guys listening to their co-workers talking about their girlfriend.
May 24, 2018 4:08 PM

Feb 2011
SJ7izm said:

Kabakura truly is the only one with some culture around here.

was so happy to see a yuru yuri reference
May 24, 2018 5:24 PM

Sep 2017
Another fantastic episode. The mmo part was very cute. Of course Nifuji who supposed doesn't like online games and does't play much would be max level. Narumi and Hanako talking about who'd be on top/bottom was hilarious.
May 24, 2018 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
Ah another amazing episode.

Nifuji's game avatar is adorable! He's so badass. Doesn't like online games but is still mad pro.

Narumi's pissing me off with saying Nifuji's face isn't her type. HE'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! But I'm gonna have to agree with her, Hirotaka x Kabakura is the way to go :3
May 24, 2018 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
Damn the RPG part was so relatable lol, loved the ep
憧れ
May 24, 2018 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic.

I loved the MMO part, it was hilarious but at the same time pretty fun to watch.
Hirotaka with his 1 hit KO was glorious. xD

The girls arguing about how they ship their boyfriends together was absolutely hilarious. XD

The post credit scene was pretty funny too.
May 24, 2018 7:31 PM

Mar 2009
Why are they hiding their relationships? So dumb.
May 24, 2018 7:42 PM
Apr 2018
I loved that Hirotaka was super happy that Momose called him her boyfriend.

Also Hirotaka should definitely be at the bottom. I just find it so hard to imagine an expressionless guy on top XD
May 24, 2018 9:36 PM

Mar 2018
Another YuruYuri reference, Kabakura is a man of culture

Mormegil said:

I think that sometimes in business environments you "can't" be dating your co-workers
May 24, 2018 10:24 PM

Apr 2009
Great ep as always but come on this isn't even an argument get a load of Kabakura getting embarrassed just looking at the bl book there's no way this guy is gonna be on top.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
May 24, 2018 10:34 PM

Aug 2011
Almost got brainwashed by the those fujoshis.
May 24, 2018 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
that bow shot reminds me of the Maker's Finger in Dragon's Dogma. :) i love that game.

May 24, 2018 11:07 PM

May 2018
Nothing much to say about RPG game part, but it brings some memories back in the RPG era. And both man hiding about their relationship with their girls from their friends, i think this related to real life because some company really prohibited relationship with co-workers.

Note : I think Kabakura isn't yuri fans like what I thought before. He just a huge fans of yuru yuri (because he never seen with other manga beside that)
May 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2016
This was too funny! Kaji Yuuki's character is too cute and pure. lol!
May 25, 2018 2:34 AM
Aug 2017
cptlee39 said:
I didn't like the RPG parts, but damn this anime is so wholesome, I still enjoy every second of it! The yaoi discussion was pretty funny, too. I kinda wish they would have revealed that they were in a relationship at the end, just to see the other guys react. I find this whole secrecy thing weird anyway, and it's also unrealistic since everyone immediately knows everything in an office space anyway (I can speak from experience).

Mormegil said:

It is realistic and nothing weird since thing is different in Japan. You can't let everyone know you are dating someone in the same company. Companies in Japan have strict rule that forbid office romance since it can distract them from their work. If they found out you could be transferred or fired depend on each company's policy. If you read enough josei, you can see this is a common topic since it is treated as some sort of forbidden romance.
May 25, 2018 2:41 AM
Aug 2017
Inugirlz said:

Nifuji's game avatar is adorable! He's so badass. Doesn't like online games but is still mad pro.

Narumi's pissing me off with saying Nifuji's face isn't her type. HE'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! But I'm gonna have to agree with her, Hirotaka x Kabakura is the way to go :3

Why do you piss off at her? She didn't do anything wrong. Hirotaka also say that Narumi isn't his type since he is into big-breasted women, Kabakura likes cute girls like Narumi, not mature type like Hanako. Pretty much all of them are dating someone who isn't their type. Unfair double standard ?
May 25, 2018 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
Himawari9 said:
Inugirlz said:

Why do you piss off at her? She didn't do anything wrong. Hirotaka also say that Narumi isn't his type since he is into big-breasted women, Kabakura likes cute girls like Narumi, not mature type like Hanako. Pretty much all of them are dating someone who isn't their type. Unfair double standard ?

lol I know I’m not really pissed, I still like her. But Hirotaka is like the anime boy of the season for me so her not appreciating the best boy is frustrating—especially since she gets to be with him!
May 25, 2018 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
And, again, another episode where we have Narumi despising Hirotaka during half of the episode. If he is not her type why she still with him? Looks like she is just afraid of being alone and is using him as replacement while she doesn't find anything better. He should just dump that bitch.

And Why every episode the anime try to ship Narumi and Kabakura? wtf
May 25, 2018 7:45 AM
Jun 2017
I like the 1st part of todays episode, the main characters of the story is on rpg world. I like their cute avatar /characters there. Hahaha... nice episode!!!
May 25, 2018 8:30 AM

Feb 2017
Oh my, gaming part is even cuter in the anime! They all look extremely adorable.
It may sound weird but whatever, I'm happy Hanako and Narumi's Pairing Fight was in the anime because this chapter made me buy my first BL manga and I'm thankful.
Besides, Nao is so pure and adorable!
May 25, 2018 9:17 AM
Mar 2015
shiro_kai said:
And, again, another episode where we have Narumi despising Hirotaka during half of the episode. If he is not her type why she still with him? Looks like she is just afraid of being alone and is using him as replacement while she doesn't find anything better. He should just dump that bitch.

And Why every episode the anime try to ship Narumi and Kabakura? wtf

I agree, he could probably find someone much better if he tried. She's with him out of comfort, showing him no affection. Show is focusing on Kabakura/Koyanagi anyway. Pretty boring episode at least for me.
May 25, 2018 10:56 AM
Nov 2016
The opening sketch with the chibi characters was really funny. I didnt really find the middle part funny, with then discussing BL and the guys having dinner.

Whenever Narumi, Kabakura, Hirotaka, Koyanagi aren't interacting together, it feels like the show loses a lot of charm.

That post ED scene was the best.
May 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
A filler episode? Felt like one to me.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
May 25, 2018 2:41 PM
Nov 2017
The MMO part was pretty on point. Nao controlling Hiro's character because he needed to record some anime was great. Ahah.

Narumi being cute but also deadly af because why not. Kabakura a swordsman and Koyanagi being a witch was pretty on point too.

Hiro being a "solo" player and enjoying the "multiplayer experience" with his one shot KO. Ahah what a guy.

Second half of this episode was also pretty great. Koyanagi and Naru fighting over a yaoi Hiro/Kabakura was pretty funny.

Watching Hiro/Kabakura endure their juniors talking about their girlfriends was great. Hiro beaming with pride when he realised Naru called him her boyfriend naww.
May 25, 2018 4:19 PM

Mar 2016
C'mon, read +18 yaoi in front of your bf? That's mean... It could blind him you know?
May 25, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty boring episode, it only consisted of two quarrels and one Netojuu reference.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really care who is seme and who uke. And the school reunion boys were also annoying after a while.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 13, 6:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.