Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2018 4:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we got Boruto vs Shikadai this episode.

I have to admit, Shikadai is pretty smart with his usage of shadows just like his father. Similarly, Boruto reminds me of Naruto when he used to fight with his clever tactics. The fight itself was okay. Again, I didn't expect it too much tbh.

Also, the sand ninjas are dominating again.
Stark700May 24, 2018 4:21 AM
May 24, 2018 4:34 AM
Sep 2012
Maybe I remembering it wrong, but I thought this is when Boruto got busted for cheating in the movie, am I wrong was it later, or are they adding stuff?
May 24, 2018 4:51 AM

Feb 2018
Cho cho vs Black garra was so lame but at least that annyoing girl lost I really cant stand her.
Also I was really looking forward to boruto the cheating bastard getting exposed but I guess they had to strech this out.
Let's hope Mitsuki goes all out next episode.
xShinigami3125May 24, 2018 5:05 AM
May 24, 2018 5:04 AM

Feb 2018
blfan said:
Maybe I remembering it wrong, but I thought this is when Boruto got busted for cheating in the movie, am I wrong was it later, or are they adding stuff?

Yea they changed the events of the movie normally Naruto would have exposed him now and then the attack would begin.
May 24, 2018 5:12 AM
Jan 2017
blfan said:

you are right .. i think because of its a movie they want to make it 1H and half so they didn't add much .. but in anime they got the chance to add whatever they want and add more fights in the exam and that a good thing to see specially shinki vs mitsuki
May 24, 2018 5:20 AM

Oct 2015
Wow, apparently the anime has a slightly changed/extended route. By now Boruto should have been exposed.

I wonder if Boruto is going to get exposed by Naruto, or he's going to admit that he cheated (very unlikely), or what I could imagine is Boruto getting to the finals against Shinki, and he notices that Boruto is cheating, and grabs him by his arms, and exposes the tool in front of everyone. That would be really humiliating, and maybe a better route than the movie's.

Next episode Mitsuki is fighting again, and apparently struggling. I really wish he'd just say "f it!" and would use sage art. Everyone would be surprised, but that's really something a shounen like this needs. It'd be really badass, and I'm sure most peopel would like it, even if it'd make everyone look at him in a weird way.

My prediction is that Mitsuki's going to say "not worth it, my parent wouldn't want that", so he just gives up without an exciting fight instead. I hope my prediction fails.
May 24, 2018 5:37 AM
Sep 2017
Wow. This was a great episode. Humerous, and at times emotional. Totally shocked to see Shinki like that. Anyone else thinks he looks kinda like Kawaki from future? (I know he is not Kawaki BTW).
I actually felt embarrassed when Boruto cheated like that. And why was Naruto so fucking concerned over his son losing a match?! He is the Hokage, he should know that everyone is equally important to him.
Anyways, next episode's gonna be lit af!! Sakura vs Araya and Mitsuki vs Shinki...totally LIT!
May 24, 2018 6:28 AM

Nov 2016
Cho Cho vs Shinka was kinda obvious. At least she tried to win in the end using that technique. She wasn't a match for him.

Shikadai almost got Boruto, he have a sharp mind like his father. But in the end Boruto ended using the cheating. Funny that in the movie, he would be busted by now.

Sand ninjas are arrogant, let's see how this will end. Realy want Mitsuki to use his sage power.
May 24, 2018 6:31 AM
Apr 2016
This is really tragic for Boruto: Cheating on his best friend who did his best and won fairly, but because of his thirst for recognition he lost another one. And then the worst thing is the realization that even though Shikadai's lost, it does not reflect on them at all. As if they did not just get themselves handed. And Boruto knows if he was the one to lose, it would weigh on him way more dire than the sudden realization of what defeat tastes like by Shikadai. Sweet boys... Boruto is obviously getting his redemption later, but for now, well, lowest than Naruto ever got.

Slim_Lamie said:

My prediction is that Mitsuki's going to say "not worth it, my parent wouldn't want that", so he just gives up without an exciting fight instead. I hope my prediction fails.

Mitsuki is obviously not going to reveal his trump (this word is getting weirder each time I get to use it this age) card. Shinki seems to be preaching "go all out, we are the best they have to offer, we are their future", and Mitsuki would be like "I am not going all out against a friend" and just suffers final blow. Needless to say, since day one Mitsuki is my favourite, as no one got as close to being the... Ally of Justice (as the Hero is already taken) in this whole universe as he did with his origin, intentions and motivation.
Daniel_NaumovMay 24, 2018 6:35 AM
Re:formed
May 24, 2018 7:13 AM

Apr 2018
Shikadai gave up very quickly, and then he cries:)
May 24, 2018 7:35 AM
Mar 2014
blfan said:
That was my exact thought
May 24, 2018 7:38 AM

Feb 2013
Cho Cho lost, no surprise there.
Lol, nobody noticed Boruto cheating?
So much for the ninja world, they can't even notice a cheater.
May 24, 2018 7:43 AM
Jan 2017
Boruto has just shown a consistent lack of skill, he has nothing unique about him and has cheated all 3 of his events. It's boring and I hope he gets exposed like in the movie
May 24, 2018 8:03 AM

Sep 2014
Cho-cho is honestly a breath of fresh air in this series. All the other kids feel like cheap knock-offs of their predecessors. Cho-cho feels like the only character who has anything unique or original about them.

Btw, that backstory with Gaara and Shinki was weak as f***. They couldve done a lot better with that.
May 24, 2018 8:18 AM
Apr 2016
DAIO said:
Cho-cho is honestly a breath of fresh air in this series. All the other kids feel like cheap knock-offs of their predecessors. Cho-cho feels like the only character who has anything unique or original about them.

Btw, that backstory with Gaara and Shinki was weak as f***. They couldve done a lot better with that.

They always could, y'know. Except when they can't. But they always could. Not this time though.
May 24, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2016
As I said again and again i hope he get caught soon (boruto), it's pretty annoying and the guy who gave him that item doesnt looks right
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 24, 2018 8:26 AM
Apr 2016
Sephyros said:
As I said again and again i hope he get caught soon (boruto), it's pretty annoying and the guy who gave him that item doesnt looks right

I think it is obvious he is going to get caught during the match with Shinki, who will trigger him that much that he will recklessly use the tool, bringing attention of Naruto. It has to be a Naruto who snatches him, otherwise the effect would not be as dramatic.
May 24, 2018 8:32 AM
Apr 2017
well my wish almost came true. they deviated from the movie and did something different. however boruto still needed that damn ninja tool.

May 24, 2018 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
Who knew the Sand village would dominate THIS much? Almost reminds me of a the part 1 Exams
Minori Chihara <3
May 24, 2018 8:48 AM

Jun 2015
Looks like things has been changed to extend the exams. Cho Cho vs Shinki was okay, it was pretty obvious she was going to lose. His backstory was so weak. Boruto feels bad for cheating against Shikadai, as he should. The Sand Village sure are dominating.
May 24, 2018 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Sephyros said:

I think it is obvious he is going to get caught during the match with Shinki, who will trigger him that much that he will recklessly use the tool, bringing attention of Naruto. It has to be a Naruto who snatches him, otherwise the effect would not be as dramatic.
True, he will certainy use an attack that he's not supposed to know and he'll get caught or he could as well show the tool by mistake or even shinki could guess it and get boruto disqualified. (sorry for my english :s)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 24, 2018 9:28 AM
May 2018
Damn, honestly who wants to see the protagonist being a filthy dirty cheater ?! Certainly not me !! Boruto should have been eliminated in round 2, how can we (the fans) even like him at this point??

Also strange that Boruto didnt get busted like in the movie, I really hope he will be busted and humiliated soon!
May 24, 2018 9:29 AM
Sep 2017
Dang..new scenes wooow.. I cant believe they actually change the chunin exam, cause in the movie it was only boruto and shikadai, but now they added the extra round.

So hype to see the Shinki vs Mitsuki fight..that would surely be an epic fight, hopefully it would be long.

May 24, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
Boruto missed his chance to stop cheating but he goes thorugh with it.
Chocho loses but good try.
May 24, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2015
That was a cool & useful technique developed by the Nara's...

May 24, 2018 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
Roy_Focker said:
That was a cool & useful technique developed by the Nara's...

It was looking a little bit "overpowering", but lets hope it does not start covering hundreds meters later, as not to warrant any criticism of non-sensual power-up pulls.
May 24, 2018 10:28 AM
Feb 2018
Shitty Episode. Nothing like Naruto. Its high time Boruto starts to live upto the standars of Naruto .
May 24, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2018
I've loved Gaara since he first showed up on screen in Naruto. I can't stand his son, Shinki, right now.

And Boruto? Probably my least favorite character next to Shinki at the moment.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 24, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2017
I hate boruto (the character)
I don't think boruto (the anime) can get the same love we've given naruto, in its current state.
Although what they're are doing now nicely sets him up in a bad light from which he must redeem himself
Dammit shikadai, you should've won.
May 24, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
waiting for when Boruto to finally get caught, since according to what everyone else is saying, it should've happened by now
very scum shit to "cheat" against his best friend after promising to fight fair and square....looks like Naruto wasnt the only one in the family to break "man-to-man" promises. worse that he knows its wrong and still do it

on the bright, Cho Cho held her own even tho she didnt lay one finger on Gaara's kid
May 24, 2018 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
I was hoping Cho Cho to put at least one scratch on Shinki´s face.
And also, Shinki migh be looking down the kids a little but he´s right, few of them have what it takes to be called a Shinobi. I hope they soon find a reason to fight
May 24, 2018 1:39 PM

Sep 2016
im suprised shikadai didnt reflect on those last moments more in that ending hallway seen with his other teammates, i was expecting him to say something like "hmm something felt off that match, isnt boruto only able to use 4 clones" like he stated directly to boruto right before the match starts. Idk maybe he'll do that reflection once boruto actually gets caught , but overall fav part was shikadai using that new nara tech was pretty creative and a nice counter strat just needs to be able to hold the opp down so they cant move completely. Im looking forward to shinki vs mitsuki
Facta Non Verba
May 24, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
Very nice of ChoCho to go all out like that and give her all trying to win, sadly the Sand guy was too strong for her.

Feels bad about Shikadai losing like that when he had Boruto cornered.

Looking forward to Sarada vs that masked guy.
May 24, 2018 3:06 PM
Aug 2015
I don't get why everyone is so mad at Boruto for "cheating", it just makes zero sense.

First Naruto didn't warn anyone that the "cheating" tool will not be allowed during the exams, he declined the offer of the Scientist guy in private, in the Hokage office, and the only other person present at the time was Shikamaru, but he never made any public announcement about it.

So the genins have not been warned that they shouldn't use this tool, and even if we assume it happened off-screen how did that go exactly ?
"Oh yeah guys just FYI the use of top secret scientific ninja magic device prototype from Konoha hidden secret lab during the exam is strictly forbidden" ???
Yeah no I can't picture that.

Ninjas use devices and weapons of all sorts all the time, puppets, scrolls, bombs, magic sand that act on its own, magic swords, etc, so there is no reason to think this specific device is off limits.

I understand that Boruto got in trouble for cheating in the movie but it's stupid.
Maybe they realised that and changed the events slightly.¯_(ツ)_/¯

Also I must say Boruto is pretty clever with his use of his tool, I don't think his victories are undeserved. Especially with his clever use of a single clone as pointed out by the scientist at the end of the episode.
NzptMay 24, 2018 3:15 PM
May 24, 2018 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
Well I was really looking forward to seeing Boruto get busted this episode but it looks like that'll come a little later. I guess it's kind of nice, now we get to see more matches (like Shinki vs. Mitsuki) instead of the exams getting cut off right here.

I didn't like how half the episode was used on a match that had the most predictable possible outcome, but I guess it was nice to see Chocho attempt to hold her own against Shinki. The fight that was the namesake for today's episode was pretty decent, it's unfortunate that, as a result of changes, Shikadai lost, but he put up a good fight.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 24, 2018 5:06 PM
Jan 2014
Ok, can we all just stop with the "cheating" bullsh!t?
Naruto has infinite chakra because he was born with a godmode on, people go around with special eye powers all the time that commoners don't have, and in general the ninja powers are completely chaotic. Calling it cheating because Boruto used a ninja tool, especially when he's been using it really cleverly for 2 matches now, is nonsense. It's basically a teleportation scroll for ninjitsu, I didn't see anyone ever whine when Ten Ten was bringing a whole armory with her, or when people were dopping half the time in the original series. Naruto, cut the bullshit, ESPECIALLY you don't get to call other people cheaters.
Lord_RutsahMay 24, 2018 5:09 PM
May 24, 2018 7:47 PM
Feb 2013
Boruto is worthless, doesn't fulfill what he says, the (shitty) opposite of "this is my ninja way, I never go back on what I say"
May 24, 2018 7:50 PM
Feb 2013
Lord_Rutsah said:
Naruto has infinite chakra because he was born with a godmode on, people go around with special eye powers all the time that commoners don't have, and in general the ninja powers are completely chaotic. Calling it cheating because Boruto used a ninja tool, especially when he's been using it really cleverly for 2 matches now, is nonsense. It's basically a teleportation scroll for ninjitsu, I didn't see anyone ever whine when Ten Ten was bringing a whole armory with her, or when people were dopping half the time in the original series. Naruto, cut the bullshit, ESPECIALLY you don't get to call other people cheaters.

Boruto is the only one in Konoha with access to such high tech ninja tools. He doesn't want to live by his fathers shadow, but can't stop relying on living as the Hokage's son, with such privileges.
May 24, 2018 10:03 PM

Jan 2018
Chouji is such a great father, imo. And since I watched the movie, I expected that Boruto will be caught by Naruto for cheating. But no, this wil be more interesting than I thought. Especially they added the last scene that Boruto feels guilty for not fighting with his best friend fair and square.
May 25, 2018 5:03 AM
Jun 2017
Well to be honest im not that impressed with naruto and shikadai match. I mean its not that action packed fight and by the way Boruto nearlly defeated again. That Ninja machine (tool) saves his day again. 😔😔😔

I hope next weeks episode will be a good one..
May 25, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2016
I am not as impressed by the fighting in Boruto as in Naruto's time. Everything seems a bit boring and the fights are felt to end faster.

Mitsuki vs Shinki looks like a remake from Gaara vs Sasuke, but it also feels a lot less hyped. Gaara vs Sasuke was suggested as the ultimate fight of her generation.
Nevertheless, I'm curious.
May 25, 2018 6:57 AM
Apr 2015
Lord_Rutsah said:

stop being ignorant , naruto had nothing at the beginning. He worked his way from the bottom. He did not get those powers til the end of the series. You clearly havent watched Naruto. Boruto most definitely cheated, everyone else relies on their powers while he relies on ninja tools smh. and to make it worse he lied to his supposed friend Shikidai. He wanted to have a fair fight, that was not Boruto’s power
May 25, 2018 7:01 AM
Apr 2015
Nzpt said:
I don't get why everyone is so mad at Boruto for "cheating", it just makes zero sense.

First Naruto didn't warn anyone that the "cheating" tool will not be allowed during the exams, he declined the offer of the Scientist guy in private, in the Hokage office, and the only other person present at the time was Shikamaru, but he never made any public announcement about it.

So the genins have not been warned that they shouldn't use this tool, and even if we assume it happened off-screen how did that go exactly ?
"Oh yeah guys just FYI the use of top secret scientific ninja magic device prototype from Konoha hidden secret lab during the exam is strictly forbidden" ???
Yeah no I can't picture that.

Ninjas use devices and weapons of all sorts all the time, puppets, scrolls, bombs, magic sand that act on its own, magic swords, etc, so there is no reason to think this specific device is off limits.

I understand that Boruto got in trouble for cheating in the movie but it's stupid.
Maybe they realised that and changed the events slightly.¯_(ツ)_/¯

Also I must say Boruto is pretty clever with his use of his tool, I don't think his victories are undeserved. Especially with his clever use of a single clone as pointed out by the scientist at the end of the episode.

Sooo you can use science to enhance your attacks or use other attacks?? How is it stupid?? He’s a cheater and is ruining his father’s reputation. He is strong enough to win on his own but he uses a tool ?? It makes no sense, anyone can look clever with a ninja tool
May 25, 2018 7:05 AM
Apr 2015
So let me get this straight he was strong enough to fight the new seven swordsman of the mist but cant fight against kids his age? They have absolutely ruined the series , hope naruto chews him out next week. Boruto is such an awful character, i hope he gets good character development
May 25, 2018 7:31 AM
Apr 2016
DragonIncursio said:
So let me get this straight he was strong enough to fight the new seven swordsman of the mist but cant fight against kids his age? They have absolutely ruined the series , hope naruto chews him out next week. Boruto is such an awful character, i hope he gets good character development

You are mixing up one on one fair and square (~) championship with kids vs cringy revolutionaries wanna-be. + most were taken down by the Mizukage. Your argument is not really relevant.
Daniel_NaumovMay 25, 2018 7:44 AM
May 25, 2018 9:09 AM

Feb 2010
After 50+ episode of fighting Nue , fighting shark guy (forgot his name) and now Boruto becomes such a coward, cheater, unlikeable and weak-willed character. Boruto is already boring as character and with this movie addition he becomes more and more annoying. For god sake can we just swap the main character please? i accept Sarada, Mitsuki or even Shinki.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 25, 2018 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
Now we wait for the backlash of Boruto cheating. I imagine that this will creat a rift in shikadai and Boruto’s friendship as well as immensely pissing off the other village’s Genin. Sounds like fun.

Edit: come to think of it this may be where most of my hate for Boruto (character) came from. Of course I’m talking about when these scenes played out in the movie if I confused anyone. On top of that how disrespectful he was to his father who at his age would have sooner punched that scientist in the jaw than accept that tool.

2nd Edit: to clear something up by ninja rules cheating is normally part of the job description. However the tool pretty much puts everything in easy mode and not allow us to see how powerful the ninja wielding the tool is when backed into a corner. When everyone else is trying their hardest. In a few years maybe this tool will be allowed in the exams. Right now though it’s too strong and new to help test to see if ppl are worthy of promotion.
L0bstermanMay 25, 2018 10:49 AM
May 25, 2018 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
i'm pretty disappointed in these fights. they're going by way too quickly. At first i thought it was because the producers just wanted to get to the point where the movie was and have bourto be exposed, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

Man i wish they would have taken more care of these fights i wanted to see what sarada was made of and the others. It's like they just wanna rush boruto's childhood just to get to when he's older. i haven't seen any growth in borutos character yet and were already at the exams :/

May 25, 2018 11:30 AM
Apr 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
DragonIncursio said:

You are mixing up one on one fair and square (~) championship with kids vs cringy revolutionaries wanna-be. + most were taken down by the Mizukage. Your argument is not really relevant.

so what your saying is when it comes to kids they shouldnt fight fair and square ?? lol suree , i mean he was supposedly a prodigy lol so why would he need tools?? lol so my argument is
May 25, 2018 11:44 AM
Apr 2016
DragonIncursio said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

so what your saying is when it comes to kids they shouldnt fight fair and square ?? lol suree , i mean he was supposedly a prodigy lol so why would he need tools?? lol so my argument is

He needed tools because of his mental disposition and, as you have probably seen but did not understand, the fact that he lost the battle while fighting it fair and square. Of course there is "BUT IF" domain, where Boruto, instead of relying on a tool decided to actually use his new techniques, like throwing bent shirukens and rasengan (which he probably does not know he can use), but we are talking about what happened, actually happened. To Boruto the whole championship is nonsense, all he ever wanted is to be recognized by his dad, whom he thinks too busy with protecting the peace to even care about his own family. Which is nonsense, but then again, Boruto is not (Mitsuki)a developed, full-fledged human being with deep understanding how stuff works. So he is acting on emotions, and bad ones, while at it. And his emotion told him he would really suck, like suck harder than Obito and Kakashi sucked space around them, he would be mentally crushed if he was to lose before his father, after all this good talk about Naruto being all proud of Boruto and etc. And there was a single moment when he almost overcame his thirst for recognition through true friendship, when talking to Shikadai. Too bad the walls in this stadium are paper thin and Boruto got triggered over Shikadai's parents being all parenty, while Naruto just sat over there observing. And so he sank into that feeling of being left out again. If only they did not build cheap walls the whole series would have been unrecognizably different...
And this is all real basic stuff I am explaining. Animals would sympathize with Boruto. To Boruto strength is of no matter right now, as he sees no purpose in it, but lack of emotional support from his own father (which is wrong, but Boruto is a little brat to understand that YET) is the main source of action. Right until the next episode.
Daniel_NaumovMay 25, 2018 11:56 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.