Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 23, 2018 3:28 AM
May 2018
I just want to know that will kirito come back in SAO III-GGO which is the latest season
May 23, 2018 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
There is no SAO III GGO lol.

Currently airing is SAO:A GGO which is, imo, complete garbage. Kirito is referenced, but no visuals of him or Sinon are actually shown. There are cases of S2 clips being used, but none of the main cast of SAO or SAO II appear.

As for Sword Art Online Alciziation, which won't be garbage, Kirito will re-appear as the main character. Will he be in his GGO m9000 avatar? No, but he'll be back in October.
May 23, 2018 3:40 AM
May 2018
But its sao iii right
May 23, 2018 3:46 AM

Jun 2016
Bendang said:
But its sao iii right

I don't know which anime you're talking about. The series discussion anime doesn't help either.

SAO:A GGO is not SAO III. In fact it's not even SAO. It's basically GGO, with less logic, more op mc, none of the original cast.

SAO Alicization is coming out in October, its the closest thing to SAO III. It directly follows the events of SAO II & SAO Ordinal Scale. The end of SAO Ordinal Scale is what hints at Alicization.
Aug 9, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
lmaoo I thought OP meant will Kirito-kun come out of the closet and Asuna is just a farce

hahahahahahahahaha
Aug 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Inorichi said:
Complete garbage because your beloved Kirito kun isn't there, huh? Thank goodness Alicization would be out soon. You can suck his gay ass dick all you want.
Aug 19, 2018 7:34 PM

Mar 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
lmaoo I thought OP meant will Kirito-kun come out of the closet and Asuna is just a farce

hahahahahahahahaha

Seconded. It would be fuckin' hillarious if all the girls found out he was gay after lusting after him for two full seasons.

In fact that might actually make the series worth watching. XD
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Aug 19, 2018 7:37 PM

Jul 2014
InkSpider said:
OppaiSugoi said:

hahahahahahahahaha

Seconded. It would be fuckin' hillarious if all the girls found out he was gay after lusting after him for two full seasons.

Reki are you reading this? the age of fujoshi is upon you.

EL OH EL.
Aug 19, 2018 7:40 PM

Mar 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
InkSpider said:

Reki are you reading this? the age of fujoshi is upon you.

EL OH EL.

Seriously, I hope Reki does read this and decides to make it canon just to fuck with the fanbase. that would be amazing.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Aug 19, 2018 9:04 PM

Jun 2016
Afezeria said:
Inorichi said:
Complete garbage because your beloved Kirito kun isn't there, huh? Thank goodness Alicization would be out soon. You can suck his gay ass dick all you want.

It's complete garbage because it has actual plotholes unlike SAO. An author with one success and a complete career flop for decades decides to leech off someone else's work. It's not a collaboration, it's a chaotic mix of idea's which ruined the setting and world.

A magical talking p90 in a virtual game? People clearly don't understand what the definition of a plothole is.

You're the very definition of a toxic shit poster.
Aug 20, 2018 5:29 AM

Nov 2009
Inorichi said:
Afezeria said:

It's complete garbage because it has actual plotholes unlike SAO. An author with one success and a complete career flop for decades decides to leech off someone else's work. It's not a collaboration, it's a chaotic mix of idea's which ruined the setting and world.

A magical talking p90 in a virtual game? People clearly don't understand what the definition of a plothole is.

P-chan isn't magical or talking. The MC is just crazy and hallucinating she is talking to her gun. If this much isn't obvious to you, you don't get the right to call plotholes.
Aug 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
flannan said:
Inorichi said:

P-chan isn't magical or talking. The MC is just crazy and hallucinating she is talking to her gun. If this much isn't obvious to you, you don't get the right to call plotholes.

So the main character instantly begins to hallucinate without any sort of prior explanation or reason. Not to mention, blows past Kirito, without a converted character, almost instantly achieving a god status and fame across a game with professionals and a swat team. Gotta hand it to the man, he sure understands how to develop a character.

I fail to understand how that is "obvious". Maybe it's just me. I usually don't look at characters like Llenn and go "Yep, she's one of em. Definitely one of them hallucinating psychopaths." Not only is it a ridiculous to start hallucinating in the middle of tournament, it doesn't contribute or develop anything.
Aug 20, 2018 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
Inorichi said:
flannan said:

So the main character instantly begins to hallucinate without any sort of prior explanation or reason. Not to mention, blows past Kirito, without a converted character, almost instantly achieving a god status and fame across a game with professionals and a swat team. Gotta hand it to the man, he sure understands how to develop a character.

I feel that this discussion should be in another subforum, but whatever.
* She is never shown to be better than Kirito. In fact, all of Bullet of Bullets' participants did not participate in Squad Jam, because they were too much lone wolves, and had little interest in SJ anyway.
* We are never told the actual level or the affiliation of the team of "professionals". Most people who get to shoot guns IRL aren't all that good with them, because shooting guns IRL is expensive, and shooting guns is anything resembling a serious shootout is even more expensive. That's why they thought about training in GGO as a substitute. These pros steamrolled other teams with tactics, not godly skills. And they went down when the opponent on whom sane human tactics did not work appeared.
* god status? what is that? if you mean her agi-based build that allowed her to be as fast as a car, that is within the norm for GGO. You've seen a few of these types in the Bullet of Bullets in SAO season 2. They also have big guys shooting gatling guns off the hip and other superhuman types.
* fame? Of course a cute little girl in a macho game like GGO is going to draw a lot of attention. This is Japan, and Japanese love cute things, remember?

Seriously, about the only strong points of LLENN are craziness and ability to handle the speed VR gives her. Everything else is normal for a long-time player like her. Or did you miss the timeskips?

Inorichi said:
I fail to understand how that is "obvious". Maybe it's just me. I usually don't look at characters like Llenn and go "Yep, she's one of em. Definitely one of them hallucinating psychopaths." Not only is it a ridiculous to start hallucinating in the middle of tournament, it doesn't contribute or develop anything.

You must be losing your grip on reality. When your gun or fridge starts speaking to you, the most probable explanation is that something is wrong with your head. The "object transforming into tsukumogami after absorbing psychic energy for a long time" theory is fantasy, and should be left for the time after you've verified that you're indeed sane. LLENN only hears her gun speaking when she is very stressed by the game, which leads to the "it's all in her head" theory.

As a side note, "psychopath" is a description fitting to Pitohui, not LLENN. It's about people lacking in conscience. LLENN is schizophrenic or something like that. But you better consult Wikipedia about that, I'm not a medical professional.
Aug 20, 2018 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
Jesus-kun is always there, he is omniscient and omnipresent.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 21, 2018 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
flannan said:
Inorichi said:

* She is never shown to be better than Kirito. In fact, all of Bullet of Bullets' participants did not participate in Squad Jam, because they were too much lone wolves, and had little interest in SJ anyway.
* We are never told the actual level or the affiliation of the team of "professionals". Most people who get to shoot guns IRL aren't all that good with them, because shooting guns IRL is expensive, and shooting guns is anything resembling a serious shootout is even more expensive. That's why they thought about training in GGO as a substitute. These pros steamrolled other teams with tactics, not godly skills. And they went down when the opponent on whom sane human tactics did not work appeared.
* god status? what is that? if you mean her agi-based build that allowed her to be as fast as a car, that is within the norm for GGO. You've seen a few of these types in the Bullet of Bullets in SAO season 2. They also have big guys shooting gatling guns off the hip and other superhuman types.
* fame? Of course a cute little girl in a macho game like GGO is going to draw a lot of attention. This is Japan, and Japanese love cute things, remember?

Seriously, about the only strong points of LLENN are craziness and ability to handle the speed VR gives her. Everything else is normal for a long-time player like her. Or did you miss the timeskips?

Inorichi said:

You must be losing your grip on reality. When your gun or fridge starts speaking to you, the most probable explanation is that something is wrong with your head. The "object transforming into tsukumogami after absorbing psychic energy for a long time" theory is fantasy, and should be left for the time after you've verified that you're indeed sane. LLENN only hears her gun speaking when she is very stressed by the game, which leads to the "it's all in her head" theory.

As a side note, "psychopath" is a description fitting to Pitohui, not LLENN. It's about people lacking in conscience. LLENN is schizophrenic or something like that. But you better consult Wikipedia about that, I'm not a medical professional.

I can agree that this should probably be on a different thread, but you fail to make any valid points.

Becoming a famed player, the pink devil, in a game with professionals making a living off of, in such a short amount of time? When's the last time anyone ever became a pro in any shooter as ridiculously quick as that. Not to mention it's the only game she's ever played longer than 5 minutes. It doesn't matter whether the BoB participants were in it or not, there's probably other pro players in the game, than just the 30 people who participated in bob, which some, obviously, would have taken an interest in SJ. Either that or the Zasker of this story is failing as a company, if not a single good player wants to participate in a exclusive regional tournament.

Even if it is a game, this is a VR game not a joystick controller game where very little, if any, skill from real life translates into the game. M even notes that they must be some sort of professional in real life due to their actions in-game. It was pretty obvious by the tone that they weren't amateurs, but then a few episodes down the line, a blonde elementary schooler appears who is 15x more difficult to beat than an entire swat team. Not only are the events beyond ridiculous, Sinon mentions that it's rare to see girls in the game. Now is it just a coincidence how the entire cast are female characters excluding one dude.

Agi based build that seems to have absolutely no limits? You realize that GGO is not a FPS but a VRMMORPG meaning that status comes with playing the game and grinding. Even Kirito decided to convert his main account instead of generating a new one. However, Llenn is able to stroll in and win an EXCLUSIVE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT.

I'm just going to copy and paste this from another response I made.

Keiichi Sigsawa, who's only two successful light novels of his career was 1. Kino's Journey (his DEBUT work) and 2. Sword Art Online Alternative GGO, is rolling in cash about now, and it's pretty obvious why.

How often are you invested in someone else's project? Enough to gamble on it and spend years of your life writing novels for? I really don't think Keiichi is that big of a GGO or SAO fan, especially not with how the story turned out. The only thing obvious about SAO Alternative is if you slap on the title of the number 1 selling Light Novel of all time onto any half-assed work, is it'll make enough sales to set you up for life. It clearly isn't about writing something he's passionate about nor giving his fans more of his original work. It's obviously about the money, or he'd put a bit more thought into this bull. Hallucination usually incurs some sort of internal struggle or character development. It's not a booster drug that works as a talking, guiding gun in a video game.

Like how many people watched this and thought, damn, I enjoyed this as much as Kino's Journey.
InorichiAug 21, 2018 1:47 AM
Aug 21, 2018 6:02 AM

Apr 2016
InkSpider said:
Seriously, I hope Reki does read this and decides to make it canon just to fuck with the fanbase. that would be amazing.

Yeah, same as Amanchu! author did, best decision ever made.
Aug 21, 2018 7:00 AM

Nov 2009
Inorichi said:
flannan said:

I can agree that this should probably be on a different thread, but you fail to make any valid points.

Becoming a famed player, the pink devil, in a game with professionals making a living off of, in such a short amount of time? When's the last time anyone ever became a pro in any shooter as ridiculously quick as that. Not to mention it's the only game she's ever played longer than 5 minutes. It doesn't matter whether the BoB participants were in it or not, there's probably other pro players in the game, than just the 30 people who participated in bob, which some, obviously, would have taken an interest in SJ. Either that or the Zasker of this story is failing as a company, if not a single good player wants to participate in a exclusive regional tournament.

First of all, "professionals" in GGO are not the koreans who participate in world Starcraft tournaments, make millions of clicks per second and get prizes for that. They are mostly people who are good at racking in cash in PvE battles and don't have (or want) a better source of income. Winners of the Bullet of Bullets, Sinon and Kirito, are not "professionals". In fact, PvP seems to be mostly dominated by paying customers who can afford to spend their in-game cash on good equips. Or even pay-to-win people like Death Gun or Pitohui.
Second, Squad Jam is not "exclusive regional tournament". It's a no-name tournament pushed through by a private interest of one wealthy person. It's only the second SJ that got any decent interest with the public.

Inorichi said:
Even if it is a game, this is a VR game not a joystick controller game where very little, if any, skill from real life translates into the game. M even notes that they must be some sort of professional in real life due to their actions in-game. It was pretty obvious by the tone that they weren't amateurs, but then a few episodes down the line, a blonde elementary schooler appears who is 15x more difficult to beat than an entire swat team. Not only are the events beyond ridiculous, Sinon mentions that it's rare to see girls in the game. Now is it just a coincidence how the entire cast are female characters excluding one dude.

Have a relevation: combat with modern weapons is all about setting the situation in your favor. LLENN successfully ambushed the SWAT team, and so she won. Boss and her team had a tactical advantage over LLENN, and so it was a hard fight.
Also, Boss and her team played GGO a lot, and did not panic when fighting an Agi-build.
Finally, they aren't elementary schoolers. They're in high school. They only look small because the MC is that tall IRL.

Inorichi said:
Agi based build that seems to have absolutely no limits? You realize that GGO is not a FPS but a VRMMORPG meaning that status comes with playing the game and grinding. Even Kirito decided to convert his main account instead of generating a new one. However, Llenn is able to stroll in and win an EXCLUSIVE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT.

Well, did you not see the MC's playing sequence in the beginning? She has plenty of experience and levels.

Inorichi said:
Like how many people watched this and thought, damn, I enjoyed this as much as Kino's Journey.

I read the novel, and I thought, damn, this is indeed written by a master who got famous with Kino's Journey.
I never actually read or watch Kino's Journey, because it runs on the morality I absolutely hate.
Aug 21, 2018 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
flannan said:
Inorichi said:

First of all, "professionals" in GGO are not the koreans who participate in world Starcraft tournaments, make millions of clicks per second and get prizes for that. They are mostly people who are good at racking in cash in PvE battles and don't have (or want) a better source of income. Winners of the Bullet of Bullets, Sinon and Kirito, are not "professionals". In fact, PvP seems to be mostly dominated by paying customers who can afford to spend their in-game cash on good equips. Or even pay-to-win people like Death Gun or Pitohui.
Second, Squad Jam is not "exclusive regional tournament". It's a no-name tournament pushed through by a private interest of one wealthy person. It's only the second SJ that got any decent interest with the public.

Inorichi said:

Have a relevation: combat with modern weapons is all about setting the situation in your favor. LLENN successfully ambushed the SWAT team, and so she won. Boss and her team had a tactical advantage over LLENN, and so it was a hard fight.
Also, Boss and her team played GGO a lot, and did not panic when fighting an Agi-build.
Finally, they aren't elementary schoolers. They're in high school. They only look small because the MC is that tall IRL.

Inorichi said:

Well, did you not see the MC's playing sequence in the beginning? She has plenty of experience and levels.

Inorichi said:

I read the novel, and I thought, damn, this is indeed written by a master who got famous with Kino's Journey.
I never actually read or watch Kino's Journey, because it runs on the morality I absolutely hate.

Basically you enjoy sell outs ;D rofl.
Aug 21, 2018 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
Inorichi said:
flannan said:

Basically you enjoy sell outs ;D rofl.

I am not sure I understand you.
But basically, I do not bother counting money in other people's pockets. If Sigsawa Keiichi wanted to write a story about shooting and cute girls, it is his choice. I enjoyed his story, even if it was completely different from the original SAO stories, and that is all I can ask for.
I guess I should answer you in that thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1727748 insread.

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
1 hour ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.