Forum Settings
Forums

Why watch new anime when the CHANCES of enjoying critically acclaimed already-finished anime are much higher?

New
May 22, 2018 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
This post has been edited PURELY to convey the intentions of the thread more CLEARLY

I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENJOY A CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SERIES. I AM SAYING THAT THE CHANCES OF YOU ENJOYING A SERIES WITH A HIGHER SCORE ARE MUCH HIGHER

It usually takes a LONG time to decide which anime per season are the amazing ones. In the meantime, why not watch older anime with much higher scores, where the chances of you enjoying them more is a lot higher? Ex: Why watch Takagi-san when you can watch Fate/Zero?

Why is this idea of "keeping up with the discussion" so widespread, when almost NOBODY has any actual, meaningful, discussions?
For example, I haven't seen a single ep discussion on mal where people actually analyze a series they're currently watching. When people "discuss" on mal, all they do is ARGUE about whether the anime sucks or not.
removed-userMay 23, 2018 9:40 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2018 6:40 PM

Mar 2018
Because it gives me an opportunity to find stuff that I might enjoy but isnt critically acclaimed and therefore slips under my radar
I think the better question is why do people drop critically acclaimed anime after only one episode?
May 22, 2018 6:45 PM

May 2015
Who cares? Why does it bother you lmao. Watch whatever you want, who gives a shit what everyone watches.
May 22, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
All personal preference, there are some good seasonal Anime occasionally
May 22, 2018 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Most of my time watching seasonal anime is spent so I can discuss it with people. But I do agree that it is a waste of time to watch EVERY SHOW each season.
May 22, 2018 6:49 PM
Feb 2017
Too bad. I like moe trash.

Also, MAL scores aren't trustworthy. So many people have trash taste. An anime won't get a good rating unless it's at least somewhat popular.

With seasonal anime, I've found several interesting and niche shows with a nice vibe to them.

OP. Your wrong. That's your opinion. Seasonal anime is a tradition. Better keep it going.

May 22, 2018 6:50 PM

Dec 2015
I love watching anime, sadly i'm not a elite like you.
I enjoy close to everything as long as it is not childish comedy and BL stuff.
The last year i watched around 75-90% of each seasons anime.

I can agree to one part that alot of them is not goat, my mean score went down more then 0,15 in less then 3 weeks when i watched around 20-25 titles in 3 weeks.

I droppt only 2.
Kemono Friends and Poputepipikku.

Well as i enjoy alot of things i dont really have a problem but if i woud take them vs monogatari or vs Ghost in the shell or vs EVA or vs Devilman crybaby etc alot of problems woud appear. flaws, poor plot, bad characters , bad writin character etc. But as it stands i dont really care about it. But i know ppl that do and i can see why they woud ignor season animes.
If u are after x things the last 10 years is nothing really for you, maybe 1-2 animes each season woud be something u woud enjoy and rate over 7.

But i'm happys sometimes i find hidding gems or found something epic.

Well i just dont hope u will get bored of anime beacuse u can't find stuff to watch anymore. If you are after this elite stuff it will be harder and harder to find after each anime u finish at the end u will have nothing to watch.

It exist alot of goat sutff out there no one gives 5 fk about.
Exploring genre is damn awesome.

I can say this i was battle shounen faggot for 8 years it changes when i joined mal and a new community appeared.

Now i love shoujo and josei they got some of the best thing i have ever watched and no one at mal have even seen them.
Exploring genre is something ppl shoud do. Gems exist everywhere even in todays season anime it might only be one butbut, better then nothing.

May 22, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 2016
NihilisticLoner said:
(7.20 on mal = terrible).

That's bullshit and you know it....
May 22, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2016
Because it was fun. And fun things are fun.
May 22, 2018 6:54 PM

Dec 2017
"Most seasonal anime are shit and/or look exactly the same as a billion other anime."

"You can spend time watching critically acclaimed classic anime instead of the just good/great anime that come out every season."

Because seasonal anime can become a critically acclaimed anime. It doesn't happen every season, but there will be excellent anime just as good as the 'classics'.

"7.20 on mal = terrible"

Subjective and also insert "mal scores don't matter".

It's totally up to the viewer to choose what they like and don't like.

Honestly my biggest issue with how this post was written is how tc sounds like they look down on people doing what they like. It's probably just me but it sounds way to opinionated and doesn't explain what "critically acclaimed classic anime" is in the first place. Hell, Steins;Gate 0 is has a chance to be as good as the original. 3-Gatsu 2nd season has an amazing score and is considered really good. There are good seasonal shows that can match the quality of the 'classics'.
Reina_OrikasaMay 25, 2018 9:25 AM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 22, 2018 6:54 PM

Jul 2016
I will watch maybe 2 or 3 seasonals at a time that really got my interest, or it's a sequel. If at the end of a season and a specific series has gotten enough positive attention, I may binge watch the whole thing after all the episodes have aired.

If I can't be bothered with the seasonals I'll just be watching other already aired anime. Usually this is what I fall back on watching anyway. At least if there's any spoilers I'm already well aware of them before watching the already aired anime, and not being spoiled because I was a few hours slow to watch the episode and some asshole couldn't keep their mouth shut.
May 22, 2018 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
it's just 20min of ur day bro, calm down.
May 22, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2015
NihilisticLoner said:
I'm confused of why there are still so many people who keep up with seasonal anime, because:

1) Most seasonal anime are shit and/or look exactly the same as a billion other anime

Keyword: Most

2) You can spend time watching critically acclaimed classic anime instead of the just good/great anime that come out every season.

And if you've already seen or are currently watching these critically acclaimed classic anime?

3) A LOT of time is wasted, that could be spend on much better things, our lifespan is severely limited.

Like Cable TV?

Is it really worth investing as much time in seasonal anime as you do?

It's only like an hour of watching a day...

7.20 on mal = terrible)

The season's not over yet...

That aside, I watch seasonals because that's when the discussion boards for said anime are most active...
May 22, 2018 6:57 PM
Feb 2018
I feel that your real problem here is that you just don't like seasonal anime, for the reason that most of it is mediocre at best. But dude, this is just a hobby, a past time for most of us, we choose what to watch
May 22, 2018 7:07 PM

Jun 2016
Its good to see what could turn out to be great from all the shows we get per season, not all of them are good but we do get some good shows every season. Also for me is easier to watch an episode per week than to bingewatch and to join the discussion of a show and for the memes.

Lin Xianming is best waifu and you can't change my mind.
May 22, 2018 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
i like seeing the new iterations of whatever i'm familiar with that i liked. im no good at keeping up with them, as id much rather binge but sometimes ill keep up with the weekly's. plus what happens when you finish all the "critically acclaimed classic" anime? if they are so classic there must be a finite number
May 22, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
>1) Most seasonal anime are shit and/or look exactly the same as a billion other anime
false, lots of new ideas being created or adapted (if from source). lots of newer shows all targeted for women which is something getting more popular.

>2) You can spend time watching critically acclaimed classic anime instead of the just good/great anime that come out every season.
i don't think old anime/classics are necessarily good. i can easily name at least 5 animes airing this season that are a 8/10 in my book whilst it takes me 20 "classics" to find a couple of 7/10s.

>3) A LOT of time is wasted, that could be spend on much better things, our lifespan is severely limited.
watching anime is a waste of time but who cares?

>Every season 30+ anime air, and only about maybe 3 non-sequel anime at most do people love as much as classic anime.
what is a classic anime? cowboy bebop? i don't care, my tastes differ from the average dude here

>only 19 of them have a score beyond a 7.20 (7.20 on mal = terrible).
some shows i think are 8+/10 have lower than 6 so... idc
May 22, 2018 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
I used to only watch older anime, but now I usually watch ~20 seasonal anime every season. There are several reasons.

1) You don't usually hear old mediocre anime, so it is a good way to pick up trash series. If you are an anime fan, you would want to watch both good and bad series to expand your view.
2) There is a charm to follow weekly. Some series are more enjoyable to watch an episode a week rather than binge watch.
3) I plan to have anime as a long-time hobby. If I only focus on highly acclaimed series, then eventually it would run out and left with only mediocre stuff.
4) It is fun to have some variety. It feels amazing to watch a great series after some trash.
5) You get to have a more active discussion. No one talks about old series unless it is extremely popular.
UImoetardMay 22, 2018 7:35 PM
May 22, 2018 7:32 PM
May 2018
NihilisticLoner said:

1) Most seasonal anime are shit and/or look exactly the same as a billion other anime.

The anime you are watching was also a seasonal anime.

NihilisticLoner said:

2) You can spend time watching critically acclaimed classic anime instead of the just good/great anime that come out every season.

Every season there are at least 3 critically acclaimed anime that are super fun to watch.
And who said you can't watch both classics and seasonal ? (I don't but that's still an option)

NihilisticLoner said:

3) A LOT of time is wasted, that could be spend on much better things, our lifespan is severely limited.

No the opposite. I usually just watch seasonal shows and as they air once a week I do other things (like study, homework, etc).

Seasonal anime is the best option according to me..
May 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Apr 2015
A better question is why seriously respond to this OP? This just sounds like elitism tbh.
observing a woman's body
May 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Well watching all of them would be ridiculous but I usually follow 2-3 seasonal anime weekly and then binge watch whatever else I'm interested after it's finished airing.
Although this season there's a lot of sequels so the number is a bit higher.
As for time "wasted", it's like 2-3 hours a week. Really not a big deal and I mostly watch things I enjoy.
May 22, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
Because it's often more convenient and encouraging to watch an episode weekly (since some series are clearly built to take advantage of the weekly delay). Granted I don't watch as many seasonals as I used to due to a lack of time due to irl responsibilities and trying to catch up on other shows. But when I did watch a much higher quantity of seasonals it was super easy to make time for 3-5 episodes each day to keep up with seasonals.

As for your "points":
1) I'm generally fine with most shows I watch I'm watching for entertainment every show doesn't have to be a masterpiece and most shows I watch are at least average. Even if there are similar shows the differences make them worthwhile that applies to literally every entertainment medium.

2) Why should I give a damn about what's critically acclaimed or a classic? Or why should I care what other people think of shows? Or even on a more basic level why should I rush to watch every show I think is going to be great? I have as much time as I want to spend so why not try something new and save the shows I am pretty sure I'll enjoy until I start to get burnt out.

3) I'm enjoying myself so it's hardly time wasted. If you aren't enjoying yourself why are you still here? That just sounds like some strange form of masochism.
GamerDLMMay 22, 2018 7:44 PM
May 22, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
Seasonal anime produce the next big thing as well, whether it's No Game No Life, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, My Hero Academia.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
May 22, 2018 7:46 PM

Oct 2014
Well, everything you said was entirely subjective. Everyone has different preferences. I mostly watch anime that's already aired a while ago, but there are always some anime every season that I want to see.
May 22, 2018 7:49 PM

Jun 2017
I tried to do that (but soon stopped) in the main purpose of discussing the series with people (club).
It's like watching something new together and sharing how we perceive things as the serie shows up.

You can't really do that with other anime as some people did not tried them/ already saw them/ have different paces.

Otherwise, I think the main reason to watch them is lazyness as you don't have to searsh for something to watch.

Bfolls said:
Because it gives me an opportunity to find stuff that I might enjoy but isnt critically acclaimed and therefore slips under my radar
I think the better question is why do people drop critically acclaimed anime after only one episode?

It's not because it's critically acclaimed that it will suits you. It just means a group of people liked it.
When the 1 episode tells you from strart to end 'this is clearly not what you like' why bother ?
May 22, 2018 7:50 PM

Oct 2010
NihilisticLoner said:
1) Most seasonal anime are shit and/or look exactly the same as a billion other anime

My average from last season is around a 7.5, so it's obvious that I know how to pick stuff. This season I'm quite satisfied with most of my picks as well.

As some have told you, the key word in this phrase is most. Even if I was as radical as you are in your judgements of modern anime, I have my sources and my preferences and I can make good choices.

NihilisticLoner said:

Indeed, CardCaptor Sakura is being a really fun watch as well. Either way, you should know that what I watch is a choice based on mood and circumstance. Not some random quota that I need to fill.

NihilisticLoner said:

If you make good choices like I do, it's certainly not time wasted. It isn't even time wasted if I disliked most of what I watch. I'm not one to feel that I wasted my time even if I don't like something. The experience is there, and I don't have anything better to do with my free time.

NihilisticLoner said:
Every season 30+ anime air, and only about maybe 3 non-sequel anime at most do people love as much as classic anime.

Here is where the typical "but those classic anime are the selected few in their seasons that are still remembered" should come.

NihilisticLoner said:
My question to you all is:

Yes, it is. Sounds dumb to ask a question like this to people you don't know, like they have to explain you how they find worth in the way they manage their own free time.

NihilisticLoner said:

For crying out loud, there are 71 new anime airing this season, and only 19 of them have a score beyond a 7.20 (7.20 on mal = terrible).
12 sequels. 1 a remake. 6 non-sequels.

Out of 71 anime airing this season, only 6 non-sequels/remakes, do people actually give a damn about, meaning only about 8% of fresh anime, do people care about.

Not sure where do you get your numbers here, but I count at least 10 new non-sequels and non-remakes beyond a 7.20 (8 if you want to count out franchise-related products that are still independent, Megalo Box and the new SAO). And you know, I've been watching six of them from the beginning.

Also some short anime, with varying results.

Either way, your thread doesn't have much of a point. Even if somebody fails your scrutiny, they could very simply excuse themselves by saying that it's their choice and they do it because they want. You are coming across as judgemental over something that doesn't concern you.
May 22, 2018 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
You do realize that most (if not all) anime were seasonal at one point, right? With that being said, what even is your question? "Seasonal anime" is way too broad lol. A much more valid question would be "why do you watch newly airing anime?" which is pretty self-explanatory. Also, you're speaking as if we watch almost the entirety of a season's anime, which obviously isn't the case for your average user. Even for myself, I watch maybe 5 at most per season, which is arguably not really a lot of time being invested into 'seasonal anime' as you say.

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
May 22, 2018 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
Suduha said:
it's just 20min of ur day bro, calm down.

1 Day = 24 hours

6 hours is spent sleeping
1 hour is spent jogging
7 1/2 hours is spent on school
3 hours of homework
I go to sleep at 10, so that's 2 hours
One hour of eating lunch/dinner
One hour of using the bathroom

21 1/2 hours already taken up. Meaning I have about 2 1/2 hours to watch anime

@Gem

5 anime
Average anime is 12 eps. Skip OP and ED, the average anime is 4 hours. So on average, you're spending at least 20+ hours on seasonal anime. I haven't heard/seen anything in the past few seasons that sound remotely as good as something, like, say, Cowboy Bepop, or are good enough that I would watch them instead of rewatching a classic favorite.

"Eventually they might be classics"
In the FUTURE...the PRESENT...why waste it?
removed-userMay 22, 2018 7:58 PM
May 22, 2018 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
Gem said:
You do realize that most (if not all) anime were seasonal at one point, right? With that being said, what even is your question? "Seasonal anime" is way too broad lol. A much more valid question would be "why do you watch newly airing anime?" which is pretty self-explanatory. Also, you're speaking as if we watch almost the entirety of a season's anime, which obviously isn't the case for your average user. Even for myself, I watch maybe 5 at most per season, which is arguably not really a lot of time being invested into 'seasonal anime' as you say.
op thinks old anime > new anime, basically
May 22, 2018 7:59 PM
Jun 2016
What am I supposed to watch if I've seen all the highly acclaimed series? Like just drop anime entirely lol. Anime gives me the most entertainment than anything else.
May 22, 2018 8:06 PM

Jun 2017
Who the fuck says that you need to watch all 71? Just pick out the ones that interest you and drop the ones that end up not. Crawl out of your elitist shell.
I'm a shitposter for fun
May 22, 2018 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
Gem said:

When I say "older" anime, I'm talking about anime that are literally just OLDER, not necessarily from the 90s, I'm talking about things like FMAB, Steins; Gate.

Nothing129 said:
What am I supposed to watch if I've seen all the highly acclaimed series? Like just drop anime entirely lol

Raises finger to protest. Puts finger down. Shit, you got me here.

ZionPulse said:
Who the fuck says that you need to watch all 71? Just pick out the ones that interest you and drop the ones that end up not. Crawl out of your elitist shell.

Yeah, and I see people picking at least 5 of them. Why watch Takagi-san when you can rewatch Berserk? Or watch Ghost in the Shell?
May 22, 2018 8:09 PM

Oct 2015
Cause it's fun and it has its own trend going. I do like keeping up with trends, like an old man watching late night soap drama with his grandchildren.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 22, 2018 8:17 PM

Jul 2015
NihilisticLoner said:
@Gem

5 anime
Average anime is 12 eps. Skip OP and ED, the average anime is 4 hours. So on average, you're spending at least 20+ hours on seasonal anime. I haven't heard/seen anything in the past few seasons that sound remotely as good as something, like, say, Cowboy Bepop, or are good enough that I would watch them instead of rewatching a classic favorite.

Seasonal anime run for roughly like what, 3 months or so? 20+ hours in the span of 3 months doesn't so so bad to me. And again, what you're talking about is completely subjective. You may not think that recently, there has been no new anime that is comparable to Cowboy Bebop, but someone else might. To make this topic easier to understand and more general, what you're essentially saying is that there is no 'new' anime that can compare to, I guess you could say, your favorite anime, correct? Well if I were to speak for myself, sure there might not be any recent airing anime that compare to what Cowboy Bebop is the equivalent to for you, for me, which would be Code Geass, but that doesn't change the fact that there are other anime that recently aired that I enjoyed just as much, but in a different way. Bottomline, it may not be true for you, but that doens't mean it also isn't true for everyone else as well.

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
May 22, 2018 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
Too bad I am one of those person who like IS more than NGE, what I'm looking for is just 20 minutes of happy time. I often try anime with lower scores and I enjoy most of them.

I think it's dangerous for me to pick an anime to watch only because of it's score or the fact that it's critically acclaimed. If I'm coming into an anime with a mindset to judge, I probably end up enjoying less.

Nobody is watching all of the seasonal anime. More seasonal anime means more variety, so there's a better chance that there are something you like.
May 22, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2016
Seasonal sometimes has something new and actually refreshing to see, with gimmicks that aren't stale and overused.

Also, because Blend S is a fucking masterpiece.

May 22, 2018 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Gem said:
NihilisticLoner said:
@Gem

5 anime

Seasonal anime run for roughly like what, 3 months or so? 20+ hours in the span of 3 months doesn't so so bad to me. And again, what you're talking about is completely subjective. You may not think that recently, there has been no new anime that is comparable to Cowboy Bebop, but someone else might. To make this topic easier to understand and more general, what you're essentially saying is that there is no 'new' anime that can compare to, I guess you could say, your favorite anime, correct? Well if I were to speak for myself, sure there might not be any recent airing anime that compare to what Cowboy Bebop is the equivalent to for you, for me, which would be Code Geass, but that doesn't change the fact that there are other anime that recently aired that I enjoyed just as much, but in a different way. Bottomline, it may not be true for you, but that doens't mean it also isn't true for everyone else as well.

I haven't heard from ANYBODY that any new seasonal anime they were watching was going to become the next Bepop or whatever. I've barely seen anybody have a new seasonal anime as one of their favorites.
May 22, 2018 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
NihilisticLoner said:
Mayuka said:

When I say "older" anime, I'm talking about anime that are literally just OLDER, not necessarily from the 90s, I'm talking about things like FMAB, Steins; Gate.
i disagree that those anime are much better than newer anime

however, i do have a favourite year of anime (2007 and 2012) so i am biased towards those years. i still don't think one era is better than the other. this year easily had some 9/10s for me as older years did as well.
May 22, 2018 8:30 PM

Apr 2018
I watch seasonal anime because I want to and enjoy doing so. I don't watch every anime that comes out every season. I just watch the ones that interest me and talk about it with fellow anime fans. I do watch other "classic" anime when I watch all the new episodes from the airing anime (like Toradora!) each week. Still, people should watch whatever they want to and not give a shit what other people think.
May 22, 2018 8:31 PM

Jul 2017
NihilisticLoner said:

I haven't heard from ANYBODY that any new seasonal anime they were watching was going to become the next Bepop or whatever. I've barely seen anybody have a new seasonal anime as one of their favorites.

Nah it happens all the time. See Sora Yori, Violet evergarden and Yuru Camp last season.
May 22, 2018 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Because it is fun to be part of the hype. I also find it much easier to watch anime weekly rather than binging it. It is hard for me to sit down and watch something for a long period of time. That's why I haven't watched most critically acclaimed movies.

And it is easier to not get spoiled.
May 22, 2018 8:33 PM

Dec 2015
lol I watch what I want. I don't give a fuck what you think.

I don't even know why you even feel the need to make this thread. I'm pretty convinced this is all a bait or OP really is full of themselves.
May 22, 2018 8:47 PM

Dec 2016
Everyone can do with their personal time whatever they want, but I get the point of OP.

I'll never get this attitude from a lot of anime watchers to limit themselves to just watch currently airing shows, and never ever or veery rarely try older finished airing ones. I mean, it's not like a show or movie is like fresh out of the oven bread that has to be eaten as soon as it is baked because otherwise it gets bad, spoiled and becomes non-edible, hence....it loses its value and becomes something to better forget.

Also, seasonals are a clear riskier time-investment, since there is more uncertainty on whether it is going to be actually good or not, than finished airing shows which enjoy a larger and more complete pool of available data about its general perceived quality.

Not trying to say watching seasonals is wrong whatsoever, but only limiting to watch seasonals at least to me is a nonsense.

May 22, 2018 8:54 PM

Apr 2017
Oof, someone cares too much what other people do with their free time.

Actually caring about MAL scores.
cunnysseur
May 22, 2018 8:55 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Hey, I was wanting to get into a debate earlier. Well, I guess it's not too late.

NihilisticLoner said:
Why watch Takagi-san when you can rewatch Berserk? Or watch Ghost in the Shell?

Because we've already seen them and--you might want to sit down for this--we don't think they're the greatest thing ever.

I mean, even if you were to replace it with "why not rewatch your favorite anime?", because, while I do love them, I would hate to rewatch them so much. I want something new, and I'm not about to throw seasonals out of the pile just because they're seasonal.

NihilisticLoner said:

Looking from the outside, it can seem like that. That's why you don't watch the same type of show every time.

NihilisticLoner said:
(7.20 on mal = terrible).

That's subjective. I really like Dorei-ku, which has a score of 6.24. Yet I hated the acclaimed, non-seasonal Shigurui, which has a score of 7.5.

The scores aren't so important as knowing what you want, and be willing to take that risk.

NihilisticLoner said:
I haven't heard from ANYBODY that any new seasonal anime they were watching was going to become the next Bepop or whatever.

Because something doesn't have to compare to Cowboy Bebop, or anything else, to be good. Actually, that would undermine it. The reason that Cowboy Bebop was so good was because it was unique, if something is like Cowboy Bebop, then it's not unique, and if it's not like Cowboy Bebop, then it's not going to be compared to Cowboy Bebop.

NihilisticLoner said:
I've barely seen anybody have a new seasonal anime as one of their favorites.

Three out of my favorites I originally watched seasonally (Yuri!!! on Ice, Ajin, 3-Gatsu no Lion) and another one I watched the second season seasonally (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu). I've seen a ton of people with Yuru Camp or A Place Further Than the Universe in their favorites, and that aired just last season.

Besides, it's not like it's completely Russian roulette. If you wait a few weeks, then you'll have enough people talking about it to know which ones are good or not. But, even if you don't wait, you still have indicators of whether you'll like it or not--the studio, director, genres, etc. if you pay attention to those, it shouldn't be terrible.

Saying it's worthless to watch seasonals is like saying we've already peaked, and should only be looking back. Meanwhile, I want to see a making of a classic in action, and enjoy the other shows along the way.

May 22, 2018 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Why do you watch seasonal anime?

Because it's fun, and also because there's a chance to find a new favorite anime of mine.

Yes.
May 22, 2018 10:02 PM

Jul 2017
All your "critically acclaimed anime" were seasonal anime at one point, just saying...

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 22, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2015
Fakegoose said:
All your "critically acclaimed anime" were seasonal anime at one point, just saying...

bullshit
that's like saying all teachers were all students at one point
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
May 22, 2018 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
LaLeLuLiLo said:
Fakegoose said:

bullshit
that's like saying all teachers were all students at one point

sighs One of the frustrating things with communicating with people on mal is me having to over-explain everything...

When I say "seasonal anime" I'm obviously talking about anime that have JUST begun airing.
May 22, 2018 10:16 PM

Aug 2016
NihilisticLoner said:

1 Day = 24 hours

6 hours is spent sleeping
1 hour is spent jogging
7 1/2 hours is spent on school
3 hours of homework
I go to sleep at 10, so that's 2 hours
One hour of eating lunch/dinner
One hour of using the bathroom

21 1/2 hours already taken up. Meaning I have about 2 1/2 hours to watch anime

@Gem

5 anime

"Eventually they might be classics"
In the FUTURE...the PRESENT...why waste it?

3 hours for homework? Are you serious? And give me a break, you shouldn't always slept at 10 are you really an adult? What about holidays and weekends?

But back to topic, i watch seasonal anime because i like it and i keep watching that interest me because that's my hobby it doesn't matter about worth the time or not i do it because it is fun. And how do you know if they all shit if you aren't even try watching it? Keep your narrow mind to yourself.
whiters99May 22, 2018 10:24 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 23 minutes ago

4 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 48 minutes ago

12 by Zimmu »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 15 minutes ago

0 by Absurdo_N »»
15 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 3 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

40 by Ravex1 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.