Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Kotsuru is such a silly girl lul

We got tomato picking and some mixed curry this episode. Nothing too special but it still looks delicious. Felt like a fairly average episode that also focused more on the older folks and their past.

I like this other girl though.
May 22, 2018 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
I'm still considering this one of the most interesting animes I've ever seen. I'm feeling so happy watching it. It makes me feel like doing my things even better. I can't explain. Love it!

Aeztyr
May 22, 2018 10:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rokuhoudou at its very best.

Both stories were so heartwarming, such a joy to watch. Even came close to crying at the second story.

The man getting nostalgic through the food and reminiscing...

Whew, need to compose myself again after that.
May 22, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
It was nice of Kotsuru to make ice cream for her friend who was moving away. They have a good friendship. The second half was so heartwarming. The man remembering how good his wife's curry was delightful.
May 22, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
This was such a good episode!

We finally know a bit more about Tsubaki, I'm thankful to it because he's my favorite. I also agree with him that warm weather is the worst, but thanks to summer we got to see Gure wearing shorts so I won't complain. (〃 ω 〃)

It was nice the way Tsubaki got involved on Kotsuru's conflict because he could see himself on her friend. Simple, but great storytelling, I loved it.

And then the episode got even better with a second strong segment, I was moved by the way they portrayed that old man, it was so simple yet so powerful. Getting to see Shibano-san again was also nice. Tuesday is truly a blessed weekday this spring.
May 22, 2018 2:16 PM

May 2015
As expected, this week's episode was beautiful and cheerful yet tear-jerking

Fayrin said:
This was such a good episode!

We finally know a bit more about Tsubaki, I'm thankful to it because he's my favorite. I also agree with him that warm weather is the worst, but thanks to summer we got to see Gure wearing shorts so I won't complain. (〃 ω 〃)

Thought I was the only one admiring Gure in shorts :3

May 22, 2018 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
ArtG1 said:

I'm glad someone else did. haha It was a brief moment, but still worthy of admiration. lol
May 22, 2018 7:44 PM

Jul 2017
Ooh...2 stories in 1 episode...nice and sweet.

While Kotsuru and Gin's misunderstood story of friendship never stood out much, just preference for tastes and such...

The aptly named "Vegetable Power" segment showcased the labor and vitamins of vegetables so much that it is so good to watch...

Haven't been impressed in previous eps, but this one logs best.
May 23, 2018 4:08 AM

Apr 2012
Only I noticed that they showed the lilies on the table at the moment when the girl was telling how she wants to please her best friend?
May 23, 2018 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
So we've finally gotten to the point where old characters are really starting to make their comeback now. But still getting some very nice and touching stories in with new characters. This was very good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 23, 2018 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Another chill great episode!
Kotsuru is so cute precious she also needs to be protected!
I wanna matcha ice cream as well!
Veggie Curry looks delicious the only problem is I don't like eggplant, pumpkin, but i sometimes eat zucchini, peppers, asparagus and cucumbers. I like tomatoes though...
5/5.

May 23, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2015
Fayrin said:
ArtG1 said:

I'm glad someone else did. haha It was a brief moment, but still worthy of admiration. lol

It was brief, but I immediately noticed it! :D Like, it was the first thing I noticed during that moment haha
Gure is such a cutie
May 23, 2018 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
ArtG1 said:
Fayrin said:

It was brief, but I immediately noticed it! :D Like, it was the first thing I noticed during that moment haha
Gure is such a cutie
I wholeheartedly agree, I can't wait for an episode focused on him since he's the only one of the quartet that we don't know much about his past now.
May 23, 2018 3:00 PM

May 2015
Fayrin said:
ArtG1 said:

Gure is such a cutie
I wholeheartedly agree, I can't wait for an episode focused on him since he's the only one of the quartet that we don't know much about his past now.

Met too! They will most likely cover his story, since he's literally the only one we don't know much about. But we also have to settle the drama around Sui and his brother. I hope they'll wrap things up nicely :)
May 23, 2018 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. I liked the second part more tho.

Feeling nostalgic because you tried some food that someone special used to make... it's kind of typical yet heartwarming. I really liked it.

And also, that curry with vegetables really looked delicious!
Nov 4, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2009
I really hope we see Gin again, she was the best. I think she's the only one who could compete with Gure in terms of energy.

That was such a tricky two parts episode. I thought: Alright, I'm still sad about the ice cream. The second story is probably gonna be happy and sweet. Nope...nope it wasn't. Well, kinda, but more like bittersweet. I couldn't handle that old man story, it just made me so sad especially when he was just pouring his heart out when he was at the register.

Dec 18, 2021 2:38 AM
Apr 2021
The old man's story really brought a tear to my eye...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

13 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 20, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

1 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:58 AM

Poll: » Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori Episode 9 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

1 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2018

12 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

29 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 9:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.