Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2018 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The way of the Hawk :o

So many mighty apostles but such a short chapter.

Mod Edit: This seems to be the second part of chapter 356, so the title was changed to 356.2.
LunaAug 16, 2018 11:25 PM
May 22, 2018 8:47 AM

Feb 2016
honestly felt like this chapter and the previous one should've been just one chapter
May 22, 2018 9:13 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, this was even shorter than the previous chapter. Maybe because of the art?? I mean, there were some pretty great shots in this chapter.

Anyway, I'm glad that at least there's no hiatus. Miura hasn't done this many consecutive chapters in over 5 years.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 22, 2018 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
Way of the hawk is 1 chapter battles.
May 22, 2018 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, that was too short.
That Hydra looked cool, but we all know that Griffith's opponents don't stand a chance against his army.
May 22, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
9 pages in a monthly chapter? Fucking hell Miura

At first I was pissed off by the lack of content (especially dialogue), but since i know everyone else will be annoyed I’m just laughing it off 😂😂
FlexstyleMay 22, 2018 1:23 PM
May 22, 2018 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
The art is on point as usual, but I legitimately now think Miura has no fuckin idea on how to end Berserk. For a manga that has longer hiatuses than its publishing periods, I'm very disappointed in what we're getting......
May 22, 2018 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
From what I've read on Reddit, it's a very big chance that this and 356 were originally just one chapter, but then the publisher split it into two. Someone said that maybe Miura wanted a fast break and that's why we have 356-357.
May 22, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2013
This chapter is pretty short, why are we getting half chapters now?

May 22, 2018 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ovy7 said:
From what I've read on Reddit, it's a very big chance that this and 356 were originally just one chapter, but then the publisher split it into two. Someone said that maybe Miura wanted a fast break and that's why we have 356-357.

That makes sense. They feel like a part of exactly the same narrative flow so this is maybe a smart way of giving him a break.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 22, 2018 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
I don't really see the point of Griffith fodderizing another random monster but okay. Miura must know what he's doing. The art was great, and I'm happy that there's no hiatus yet, considering that it's been a long time since we had more than 5 chapters in a row. This battle is probably going to wrap up soon so I'm interested in whatever happens next.
May 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Oct 2017
Wow Miura's laziness knows no limits..lol.
May 22, 2018 8:46 PM
Jun 2017
At least Miura lets us know he isn't dead yet every month.
May 22, 2018 10:02 PM

Aug 2016
who else but Miura. enjoy your love live
:v
May 22, 2018 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
Giriffith is so fckn op he can just trash everything by himself so why does he even need his army and why do we need to see him kill random fooder.
Does the Auther even have a plan how to end this story ? Cuz it sure doesn't feel that way.
May 23, 2018 12:02 AM

Sep 2014
This didn't even feel like a new chapter at all.
May 23, 2018 12:02 AM

Jun 2017
Hopefully he hurries and moves this fight along, we all know what everyone's waiting for.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 23, 2018 1:40 AM

Jul 2017
God the length of this chapter (as well as the last few ones) have been infuriating. Look I love that Miura is still making Berserk and not having a very long hiatus. But these chapters are really too short to absorb and take in what happens.
May 23, 2018 2:22 AM

Dec 2009
Who cares about the king of douchebags doing a random sidequest
May 23, 2018 4:12 AM
Mar 2018
The chapter may be short in number of pages, yes, but the art was amazing, and the pacing of the action was well executed. I feel like the last two chapters got quickly through the "Griffith vs jotuns arc", without dragging out anything. I enjoyed this!!
May 23, 2018 5:43 AM

Sep 2015
Grim1952 said:

What if it's not random hm?
May 23, 2018 5:47 AM

Sep 2015
Yo that fucking Hydra was badass looking. Zodd ripped it up though, which was also cool.

8 fucking pages though, holy fuck. Next chapter needs more please Miura!

EDIT: Also, let it sink in that there were only three words of dialogue in this chapter.
Draconix814May 23, 2018 6:43 PM
May 23, 2018 6:21 AM

Dec 2009
Draconix814 said:
Grim1952 said:

I still don't care about that side of the story, specially after the cliffhanger from 2 chapters ago.
May 23, 2018 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Aardwolf94 said:
Wow Miura's laziness knows no limits..lol.

I doubt someone who's "lazy" as you call him would pay this much attention of details, look at his art man each panels screams aesthetics yet everyone is complaining
May 23, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2016
Better than another hiatus, I guess, but we all know this is just play for time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2018 2:25 PM

Jun 2017
Grim1952 said:

I still don't care about that side of the story, specially after the cliffhanger from 2 chapters ago.

If it's not random, why would you not care? It's part of the story that will eventually join up with Guts and Casca. I get it, I'm sure all of us would rather see Guts and Casca reunite and that Miura finish that story before switching to What's Griffith Up To Now, but they're not the only characters in this series and their journey isn't the only story. Saying that it's not important is like saying it's okay to skip a verse in a song - all it's going to do is mess up the song in the end.

xShinigami3125 said:
Giriffith is so fckn op he can just trash everything by himself so why does he even need his army and why do we need to see him kill random fooder.

Because Griffith is still pretending to everyone that he's a mere human. As far as I remember, the only time he really came out as Femto was when he killed Ganeshka, and even then he did it where no one else would see.

Also, I suspect he has ulterior motives and a long-term plan. The following is just my speculation, so I'm using the spoiler warning feature for those who aren't interested in idle speculation:

I've had this theory for a while now, which is why I'm honestly not surprised at all or dismayed by these last two chapters. Indeed, I'm somewhat pleased because it corroborates my theory. :D
May 23, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
LunaLena said:
Grim1952 said:

If it's not random, why would you not care? It's part of the story that will eventually join up with Guts and Casca. I get it, I'm sure all of us would rather see Guts and Casca reunite and that Miura finish that story before switching to What's Griffith Up To Now, but they're not the only characters in this series and their journey isn't the only story. Saying that it's not important is like saying it's okay to skip a verse in a song - all it's going to do is mess up the song in the end.

xShinigami3125 said:

Because Griffith is still pretending to everyone that he's a mere human. As far as I remember, the only time he really came out as Femto was when he killed Ganeshka, and even then he did it where no one else would see.

Also, I suspect he has ulterior motives and a long-term plan. The following is just my speculation, so I'm using the spoiler warning feature for those who aren't interested in idle speculation:

I've had this theory for a while now, which is why I'm honestly not surprised at all or dismayed by these last two chapters. Indeed, I'm somewhat pleased because it corroborates my theory. :D

Well that could be the case but i doubt this army would be any use against the other members of the Goldhand.also (i don't remember all that well) don't the people already treat Griffith like a demigod that pope guy bowed to him etc.
May 23, 2018 6:13 PM

Sep 2015
LunaLena said:
Grim1952 said:

xShinigami3125 said:

Honestly, I've recently been thinking the same thing and I'm glad I'm not going crazy.
May 23, 2018 6:25 PM

Sep 2015
Grim1952 said:
Draconix814 said:

I would start taking an interest if I were you. I'm not saying you have to prefer it over anything else, trust me, but if you are at all willing to follow the story of Berserk to any capacity and ultimately respect what it is trying to say, then you should try a little harder at figuring out the relevance of this tangent instead of assuming it has little purpose. Miura could have taken another hiatus like he usually would do, but instead he decided to use this time to focus on Griffith instead. We don't know how long until we see another Casca x Guts chapter, but he's actually giving us something in the meantime and there's no way it isn't important.
May 23, 2018 8:53 PM
Apr 2018
Aaahhh I finally caught up and now I have to wait for new chapters. This is really killing me. It was a great chapter tho. I imagined all the sound effects in my head. I guess the art made it possible...
May 23, 2018 10:24 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Not that it's a bad chapter, since I'm sure there's something important about this Griffith focus. It's just that the last two chapters had absolutely no plot progression. At this point, I don't need glorious two-page spreads. Miura should get things done in smaller panels, actually have some dialogues, and actually do something. Because the last two chapters could've taken up 10 pages max. Sure, we don't get large, pretty panels, but Berserk's already got plenty of those. Plot-progression is important too. For a monthly series where the chapters are only 18 or so pages, at least it should try to progress the story more.

If the next chapter doesn't cover much, I might just have the series on hold for a year. Berserk is a series best binged after all :/
May 24, 2018 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to believe that we won't have the best of endings..
May 25, 2018 5:17 AM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Not that it's a bad chapter, since I'm sure there's something important about this Griffith focus. It's just that the last two chapters had absolutely no plot progression. At this point, I don't need glorious two-page spreads. Miura should get things done in smaller panels, actually have some dialogues, and actually do something. Because the last two chapters could've taken up 10 pages max. Sure, we don't get large, pretty panels, but Berserk's already got plenty of those. Plot-progression is important too. For a monthly series where the chapters are only 18 or so pages, at least it should try to progress the story more.

If the next chapter doesn't cover much, I might just have the series on hold for a year. Berserk is a series best binged after all :/

After rereading the chapter, I think Miura might be putting in all this detail into the chapters to flesh out the giants that Griffith is fighting. That said, if he were to do a lot of dialogue, then whatever he's not telling us wouldn't have much impact when he does reveal it. Like what exactly are these giants and why do they have a freaking Hydra? It seems important because it's a double paged spread, and I assume knowing which demon warriors and nobles are present for this is also going to be important. Is it just me, or is the fact that Raban is still in the cast after all these volumes kind of suspicious? He's still alive and the only purpose he's ever served was some albeit important metaphors and exposition? Something's off here, but I have no idea how else he's going to be used or how soon it'll be.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 102 Discussion

49 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 101 Discussion

41 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.