Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2018 10:56 AM

Jan 2018
Aezeryel said:
SethBigBoss said:

Urie didn't beat Roma because he was stronger than her but because she was an idiot, you can be as strong as you want if you don't take a fight seriously you might lose, that's what happened. I don't see any bullshit in this fight, Roma has always been an idiot that wasn't something new, but keep thinking that it's bullshit if you want I don't want to start another debate...
Amon used a kakuja and beat Kurona just before, during this match he had no problem. We can put his defeat on the fact that he had lost control and that he couldn't fight logically but Takizawa with a lower rc level was still able to beat a stronger kakuja.

Chapter 137 page 1 on mangastream "you're probably pretty hungry huh ? In your kakuja form and all". Even without that that seems logical that making a kakuja is exhausting with almost no food and under the suppressants, it takes a lot of rc cell just to make one kakuja so making an enormous like Eto did must logically be tiring for her, a ghoul's stamina isn't unlimited and the conditions under which Eto was should only make it worse.
If Furuta's kagune pass through a kakuja that is basically an armor and one of the strongest kakuja then his kagune will pass through her basic kagune which is under the suppresants which affected the activity of the kakuhou...you make the conversation last for nothing here.
Furuta knew how Eto fights and what she was capable of, she had already fought the ccg on several occasions and reports on these fights should normally be archived while Eto didn't know how many tentacles he can do and how he would use them, and I don't know it either and the same goes for you. Kaneki beat Eto with 6 tentacles and I don't think it's an untouchable number for Furuta, we have already seen how monstrous his kagune can be. And we don't know if he can detach it or not...
Jason injected rc suppressants through Kaneki's eyes to make his body weaker to be able to torture him if I'm not wrong. and even if she was still in possession of all her physical abilities Furuta has the abilites of a half human, he's not Banjo (not a fighter) or Yasuhisa sisters( not yet that strong) so using them as a reference for Eto's speed isn't the best.
Ah I thought you were talking about Eto's speed in general, with a kakuja or not. I was referring to the fight between Kaneki and Eto when he wrecked her with rize's kagune, without using a kakuja. Ah and don't tell me she is faster without her kakuja, that doesn't make sense...maybe she would be more stealthy but not faster.

Impaled through the throat an abdomen several times, head slammed into a wall by a giant kakuja arm, punched by that same kakuja arm and slammed into the floor, and took another barrage of attacks by Roma and Skiroae simultaneously. Yup, definitely no bullshit there. Shall I also mention how Roma simply swallowed him instead of using those giant teeth of her kakuja to rip him to shreds?

Hungry is not the same as exhausted, but okay, let's say Eto got a little tired after making that kakuja. That still doesn't mean she couldn't create something to defend herself long enough to get some "refreshments". And that is my point. I'm not talking about continuously fighting Furuta, just defending herself long enough to back up and eat something, which should be easily doable.
Yes, but Eto is a natural OEG, which are stated to be stronger than ordinary ghouls, so you can't really compare Kaneki's strength to Eto's.
Again, I allowed for Furuta to be actually faster than the Yasuhisa sisters, there's still no indication whatsover that he could reach or even react to that level of speed.
Nope, just her speed without kakuja. And she is faster that way. Kakuja should be pretty heavy, and as such cannot possibly gain the same speed. Maybe with enough momentum (her 'flight' and crash during the Anteiku raid arc), but within small spaces not a chance. It makes sense, it's basic physics.
The thing is, Furuta lived so far only because he's the main antagonist. He should have died twice just in this fight (against Kaneki, not Eto) alone.

Urie is just used to taking blows...like against Amon or Donato, this isn't the first time that a character takes damage that seems fatal to finally survive. After that you'll surely tell me "Urie is a quinx he shouldn't be able to survive that" Urie framed out so he normally has the same attributes as a ghoul and we know that there are ghouls that are quite resistant because the regenerative ability varies among individual, and even without it we have already seen Quinx take a lot of damage without dying, against Amon where Hsiao was impaled and Higemaru was half in a wall...
Like I said, Roma is an idiot...just an idiot, what she did doesn't go out of her character so I don't see any problem here, it would be bullshit if Roma had a serious personality and at this very moment behaves like an idiot. If you don't agree with me then never mind I really don't want to debate further than that.

I would like you to tell me what she could have done to defend herself while her kakuja wasn't enough against Furuta's kagune, just how ?A kakuja is supposed to be the most solid thing because it's supposed to be like an armor that protects the ghoul. Then, you really think that Furuta would have left Eto eat a corpse like that or on the contrary would have done anything to prevent it? He's not stupid he wouldn't take this risk so it's more likely that he didn't leave any opening and his type of kagune is perfect for that since it can attack from several directions and therefore more places that Eto had to protect. And please this time take into account the suppressants which are supposed to disrupt or even remove the activation of the kakuhou.
Well, there's no indication whatsoever that he couldn't reach or even doesn't react to this so called speed that was used just once against small opponents.
As a kakuja Eto uses four members who are very long so that should offset the loss of speed if there is one, and a kakuja is basically a lot of muscle so more power to run, attack, jump, ect.
We can say the same thing for Kaneki, he lived so far because he's the main protagonistes. Twice? Just once, when Kaneki could have use the element of surprise to tear off his head.

If you don't think you can change your mind then let's stop here because I'm sure Eto's defeat makes sense, even if it's entertaining to argue like that I feel like it's going nowhere and we're wasting our time.
SoukaTheRealMay 23, 2018 11:07 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
May 23, 2018 12:06 PM
Nov 2017
SethBigBoss said:
Aezeryel said:

Impaled through the throat an abdomen several times, head slammed into a wall by a giant kakuja arm, punched by that same kakuja arm and slammed into the floor, and took another barrage of attacks by Roma and Skiroae simultaneously. Yup, definitely no bullshit there. Shall I also mention how Roma simply swallowed him instead of using those giant teeth of her kakuja to rip him to shreds?

Hungry is not the same as exhausted, but okay, let's say Eto got a little tired after making that kakuja. That still doesn't mean she couldn't create something to defend herself long enough to get some "refreshments". And that is my point. I'm not talking about continuously fighting Furuta, just defending herself long enough to back up and eat something, which should be easily doable.
Yes, but Eto is a natural OEG, which are stated to be stronger than ordinary ghouls, so you can't really compare Kaneki's strength to Eto's.
Again, I allowed for Furuta to be actually faster than the Yasuhisa sisters, there's still no indication whatsover that he could reach or even react to that level of speed.
Nope, just her speed without kakuja. And she is faster that way. Kakuja should be pretty heavy, and as such cannot possibly gain the same speed. Maybe with enough momentum (her 'flight' and crash during the Anteiku raid arc), but within small spaces not a chance. It makes sense, it's basic physics.
The thing is, Furuta lived so far only because he's the main antagonist. He should have died twice just in this fight (against Kaneki, not Eto) alone.

Urie is just used to taking blows...like against Amon or Donato, this isn't the first time that a character takes damage that seems fatal to finally survive. After that you'll surely tell me "Urie is a quinx he shouldn't be able to survive that" Urie framed out so he normally has the same attributes as a ghoul and we know that there are ghouls that are quite resistant because the regenerative ability varies among individual, and even without it we have already seen Quinx take a lot of damage without dying, against Amon where Hsiao was impaled and Higemaru was half in a wall...
Like I said, Roma is an idiot...just an idiot, what she did doesn't go out of her character so I don't see any problem here, it would be bullshit if Roma had a serious personality and at this very moment behaves like an idiot. If you don't agree with me then never mind I really don't want to debate further than that.

I would like you to tell me what she could have done to defend herself while her kakuja wasn't enough against Furuta's kagune, just how ?A kakuja is supposed to be the most solid thing because it's supposed to be like an armor that protects the ghoul. Then, you really think that Furuta would have left Eto eat a corpse like that or on the contrary would have done anything to prevent it? He's not stupid he wouldn't take this risk so it's more likely that he didn't leave any opening and his type of kagune is perfect for that since it can attack from several directions and therefore more places that Eto had to protect. And please this time take into account the suppressants which are supposed to disrupt or even remove the activation of the kakuhou.
Well, there's no indication whatsoever that he couldn't reach or even doesn't react to this so called speed that was used just once against small opponents.
As a kakuja Eto uses four members who are very long so that should offset the loss of speed if there is one, and a kakuja is basically a lot of muscle so more power to run, attack, jump, ect.
We can say the same thing for Kaneki, he lived so far because he's the main protagonistes. Twice? Just once, when Kaneki could have use the element of surprise to tear off his head.

If you don't think you can change your mind then let's stop here because I'm sure Eto's defeat makes sense, even if it's entertaining to argue like that I feel like it's going nowhere and we're wasting our time.

Urie is a ghoul, not just having attributes of one. And we saw a ghoul dying from a broken neck, from being impaled twice while in kakuja form, from being shot by Q bullets... How does that qualify as a reason enough to die from, but having your head smashed in twice doesn't? Roma was an idiot? How? She dealt enough damage to kill most ghouls and logically presumed Urie was dead. That's not being stupid.

Detachable kagune, using her speed to get away, firing projectiles at him, combining all those... Kakuja is supposed to be the most solid, yet we saw a kakuja being ripped apart by a kagune, but a quinqe sword, which should be far less durable blocks a stronger version of that kagune without a scratch. How? Plot convenience, or as I like to call it, bullshit. Suppressants were designed for ordinary ghouls, not for someone like Eto. There was a theory, maybe it's even correct, that Eto, due to being a natural OEG can produce RC cells by herself, which would explain the giant kakuja from a small meal. And Eto could defend from attacks from various directions cause she was able to manipulate her kagune in that way.
Furuta couldn't react to Kaneki's first attack and yet you say he would have been able to react to something likely even faster than that?
Take for example a karate/kung fu/whatever master and a heavy weight boxer, or one of those guys from the competitions for the world's strongest man? It's pretty much obvious who has more muscle and who is stronger, but who do you think is faster? Should be pretty easy to answer.
Twice. Here:

It could and should have been an omnidirectional attack instead of a unidirectional one and jumping at him was completely illogical. Furuta was down on the ground and Kaneki could have either grabbed him or impaled him. And Furuta should have been dead there.

May 23, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2018
Aezeryel said:
SethBigBoss said:

Urie is a ghoul, not just having attributes of one. And we saw a ghoul dying from a broken neck, from being impaled twice while in kakuja form, from being shot by Q bullets... How does that qualify as a reason enough to die from, but having your head smashed in twice doesn't? Roma was an idiot? How? She dealt enough damage to kill most ghouls and logically presumed Urie was dead. That's not being stupid.

Detachable kagune, using her speed to get away, firing projectiles at him, combining all those... Kakuja is supposed to be the most solid, yet we saw a kakuja being ripped apart by a kagune, but a quinqe sword, which should be far less durable blocks a stronger version of that kagune without a scratch. How? Plot convenience, or as I like to call it, bullshit. Suppressants were designed for ordinary ghouls, not for someone like Eto. There was a theory, maybe it's even correct, that Eto, due to being a natural OEG can produce RC cells by herself, which would explain the giant kakuja from a small meal. And Eto could defend from attacks from various directions cause she was able to manipulate her kagune in that way.
Furuta couldn't react to Kaneki's first attack and yet you say he would have been able to react to something likely even faster than that?
Take for example a karate/kung fu/whatever master and a heavy weight boxer, or one of those guys from the competitions for the world's strongest man? It's pretty much obvious who has more muscle and who is stronger, but who do you think is faster? Should be pretty easy to answer.
Twice. Here:

It could and should have been an omnidirectional attack instead of a unidirectional one and jumping at him was completely illogical. Furuta was down on the ground and Kaneki could have either grabbed him or impaled him. And Furuta should have been dead there.

We saw ghoul being impaled several times not dying(Nishiki by Kaneki, Nishiki by Haise), the brain being impaled twice not dying (Kaneki by Arima), being electrocuted not dying (Mutsuki by Yomo), being electrocuted/impaled/and make a big fall not dying (Uta by Yomo), being cut in half and then fall not dying (Eto), having a broken neck not dying(Kurona)(Aura, not a ghoul), being dismembered again again and again not dying (Kaneki),being smashed by an enormous kagune(Amon by Saiko), being impaled by Urie not dying (Saiko,not a ghoul) and I'm sure I can find many other examples but I think it must be enough to show you that not all ghouls have the same resistance, there is no prerequisite to die, some die and some keep living that's all. How Roma was an idiot? by not making sure that the person she swallowed was dead because even if as you say she did enough damage to kill most ghouls the possibility that some survive exists and a 54 years old SSS ghoul should know that so yeah she was an idiot, she just had to check if he was breathing or just shred him in her mouth...it's not like it would have taken a lot of effort to do that.

Detachable kagune? Furuta's kagune would pass through~useless, firing projectiles at him?it's the type of kagune that exhausts the stamina the most and as you say Eto is smart so I don't think that she will waste her stamina (which at this very moment was a matter of life and death) and with the fact that we don't know how many tentacles Furuta could have done at that time it's very likely that the projectiles were useless. We mustn't forget that there were plenty of swords with all V's agents and just with his sword skills he put Kaneki in trouble while Kaneki is stronger than Eto and if Furuta is able to cut Kaneki's kagune with his sword then it's likely that he can do the same with Eto's kagune.
A kakuja is solid, we saw her kakuja being ripped apart by Rize's kagune, a pure blood washuu so her kagune is stronger than an ordinary ghoul, the same thing happened during Kaneki vs Eto... "which should be far less durable blocks a stronger version of that kagune without a scratch" should be ? So you're not sure ? So why do you claim it's bullshit when you're not even sure about what you're saying? Without a scratch? Were you there to check the condition of the blade? Do you know the resistance of these weapons that V seems to have confidence in? Do you know the amount of strength that Kaneki put in his attacks ? The exact angle of Kaneki's attacks ? and whether or not Furuta could deflect or parry this or that attack by minimizing the impacts with these techniques learned by V and his half human skills ? You don't know right ? So no it's not bullshit neither plot convenience it's just a fight with a lot of details to take into account and surely other details we still don't know about.
Suppressants were designed for ordinary ghouls ? What ? When I look at the wikipedia page I see "drugs used to suppress the activity of the kakuhou. They were specially made by the CCG's Medical Department, designed for the sole purpose of inhibiting the activity of a ghoul's Rc cells." Eto has a kakuhou and so has rc cells right ? So why wouldn't she be infected by this ? This would be bullshit, she's stronger than an ordinary ghoul but that doesn't change the fact that she has a kakuhou and rc cells, so yeah suppressants are logically taken into account in this fight.
A theory is just a theory until the story proves otherwise, is it the case ? No, so I don't care, it has nothing to do there.
Furuta couldn't react to Kaneki first attack because he wasn't prepared, not because he didn't have the capabilities for that.
The kakuja doesn't look like an human and uses four members to move so instead of comparing a human with another human compare Usain bowl with a horse. Which is heavier, stronger and faster? Should be pretty easy to answer.

You know the fight is unfolding quickly so on the moment Kaneki may very well not make the best decision especially in front of a guy who almost decapitated him just before. And I don't think Furuta could have died with this attack or the first attack because I had forgotten (you too) to take into account Furuta's regeneration, Kaneki had torn off the upper part of his body when he turned into dragon so Furuta has a insane regeneration,whether you like it or not.
Here a moment where Furuta could have killed Kaneki too.

He just had to aim for the head and the fight would be over. Kaneki should have been dead here.

I stop arguing now, it became tiring so whatever.
SoukaTheRealMay 23, 2018 5:51 PM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
May 24, 2018 4:18 AM
Nov 2017
SethBigBoss said:
Aezeryel said:

Twice. Here:

We saw ghoul being impaled several times not dying(Nishiki by Kaneki, Nishiki by Haise), the brain being impaled twice not dying (Kaneki by Arima), being electrocuted not dying (Mutsuki by Yomo), being electrocuted/impaled/and make a big fall not dying (Uta by Yomo), being cut in half and then fall not dying (Eto), having a broken neck not dying(Kurona)(Aura, not a ghoul), being dismembered again again and again not dying (Kaneki),being smashed by an enormous kagune(Amon by Saiko), being impaled by Urie not dying (Saiko,not a ghoul) and I'm sure I can find many other examples but I think it must be enough to show you that not all ghouls have the same resistance, there is no prerequisite to die, some die and some keep living that's all. How Roma was an idiot? by not making sure that the person she swallowed was dead because even if as you say she did enough damage to kill most ghouls the possibility that some survive exists and a 54 years old SSS ghoul should know that so yeah she was an idiot, she just had to check if he was breathing or just shred him in her mouth...it's not like it would have taken a lot of effort to do that.

Detachable kagune? Furuta's kagune would pass through~useless, firing projectiles at him?it's the type of kagune that exhausts the stamina the most and as you say Eto is smart so I don't think that she will waste her stamina (which at this very moment was a matter of life and death) and with the fact that we don't know how many tentacles Furuta could have done at that time it's very likely that the projectiles were useless. We mustn't forget that there were plenty of swords with all V's agents and just with his sword skills he put Kaneki in trouble while Kaneki is stronger than Eto and if Furuta is able to cut Kaneki's kagune with his sword then it's likely that he can do the same with Eto's kagune.
A kakuja is solid, we saw her kakuja being ripped apart by Rize's kagune, a pure blood washuu so her kagune is stronger than an ordinary ghoul, the same thing happened during Kaneki vs Eto... "which should be far less durable blocks a stronger version of that kagune without a scratch" should be ? So you're not sure ? So why do you claim it's bullshit when you're not even sure about what you're saying? Without a scratch? Were you there to check the condition of the blade? Do you know the resistance of these weapons that V seems to have confidence in? Do you know the amount of strength that Kaneki put in his attacks ? The exact angle of Kaneki's attacks ? and whether or not Furuta could deflect or parry this or that attack by minimizing the impacts with these techniques learned by V and his half human skills ? You don't know right ? So no it's not bullshit neither plot convenience it's just a fight with a lot of details to take into account and surely other details we still don't know about.
Suppressants were designed for ordinary ghouls ? What ? When I look at the wikipedia page I see "drugs used to suppress the activity of the kakuhou. They were specially made by the CCG's Medical Department, designed for the sole purpose of inhibiting the activity of a ghoul's Rc cells." Eto has a kakuhou and so has rc cells right ? So why wouldn't she be infected by this ? This would be bullshit, she's stronger than an ordinary ghoul but that doesn't change the fact that she has a kakuhou and rc cells, so yeah suppressants are logically taken into account in this fight.
A theory is just a theory until the story proves otherwise, is it the case ? No, so I don't care, it has nothing to do there.
Furuta couldn't react to Kaneki first attack because he wasn't prepared, not because he didn't have the capabilities for that.
The kakuja doesn't look like an human and uses four members to move so instead of comparing a human with another human compare Usain bowl with a horse. Which is heavier, stronger and faster? Should be pretty easy to answer.

You know the fight is unfolding quickly so on the moment Kaneki may very well not make the best decision especially in front of a guy who almost decapitated him just before. And I don't think Furuta could have died with this attack or the first attack because I had forgotten (you too) to take into account Furuta's regeneration, Kaneki had torn off the upper part of his body when he turned into dragon so Furuta has a insane regeneration,whether you like it or not.
Here a moment where Furuta could have killed Kaneki too.

He just had to aim for the head and the fight would be over. Kaneki should have been dead here.

I stop arguing now, it became tiring so whatever.

And I can find numerous examples of ghouls dying from those same causes. That's the thing - inconsistency. Having a ghoul die from a broken neck (Ganbo) and then having a Quinx survive that same injury doesn't make sense. Shachi died from being electrocuted but Mutsuki survives. Back at the beginning of the first manga, ghouls were said to be able to die from falling from great hights, same as humans, and having a broken neck would somewhat equate to that. But suddenly in :re, all that became completely irrelevant. That's why I call it bullshit.
I used that same argument of her shredding/ripping him apart with her giant teeth as an example of plot convenience already, you know?

SO you're saying that directly taking on an opponent you might not beat in your current state is better than wasting some stamina to get a pretty good opportunity to improve your state? Wonderful logic. Plenty of swords, none of which were close to Furuta at the start of the fight.
Let me rephrase - through everything we saw in the entire series a kakuja must be more durable than a mere sword quinqe. Yet, we saw otherwise. Why? Because plot convenience. Amount of strength Kaneki put into his attacks? It's a fight to the death, you think he's gonna attack at half power? Kaneki broke an S and SSS rated quinqe, both owned by Arima. I seriously doubt something more durable than that could be mass-produced.
Taken into account. As we saw, they don't affect her as much as they do ordinary ghouls.
And would he have been prepared for Eto's speed while knowing nothing about it?
Do you see how slim her legs are compared to the size of her body?

As you say, kakuja is like an armor, so it's pretty heavy. To move something of that weight at the speed we are talking about she either needs momentum, which I've already said, or at least twice more muscle mass in her legs.
Yes, because his fights against Eto and Arima weren't fast paced. And yet he managed to fight tactically.
Furuta was hit by that attack. Having his upper half torn off is your speculation, cause it wasn't shown clearly what actually happened. And what insane regeneration? He didn't regenerate after getting cut by Kaneki, as we can clearly see a scar left.

I see no point of you bringing up that panel. Yeah, Kaneki should have died there and a couple of times earlier in the manga. He lived so far because he's the MC, just like Furuta lived so far because he's the main antagonist, which was my original point.

However you want. I know I'm right and I provided enough arguments for that. Whether you want to accept it or not is your thing.
AezeryelMay 24, 2018 6:56 AM
May 24, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2015
Bowman145 said:
It’s hilarious to see a lot of people trashing on Kaneki yet praising on that Gary Stu character (Furuta) who’s antics have gotten old at this point imo.

Oh don't worry a load of people hate fruit boi.
May 24, 2018 2:29 PM
Sep 2017
I just can't wait for the next chapter. I started reading :re when anime had started arriving [now i know why everyone was telling me to read the manga].
I think Kaneki won't defeat Furuta alone becouse he always was trying to protect everyone by himself and he usually fails, but one the other hand he is tired of "not being abe to do anything" so I hope he manage to defeat Furuta.
May 25, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2010
Cyborg_Dragon said:
To be fare Hide risking his live saving Touka or the kid would not be bad it would make him the ultimate bro.

Ofc you'd say that lmao.

I just want Hide to live for himself u_u
Seriously stop risking your life for Kaneki or his wife or his unborn child or any of his other businesses damn it. Just what on earth did Kaneki had ever done to Hide for him to go to such length. It doesn't make sense. It's as bad as how it doesn't make sense that Touka abandoned her dream for Kaneki. Just what on earth did Kaneki had ever done to Touka to make her go to such length, waiting for Kaneki to come back? Making :re so Kaneki would have a place to go home to? Even abandoning Yoriko? She literally poisoned herself for so long just so she wouldn't hurt Yoriko's feeling about her cooking.

And Hide. He's a cheerful and charming guy. It's clear that he has other friends other than Kaneki, even though Kaneki is his best friend, but Hide should have had a life, a normal life, outside of Kaneki. He had a choice to not be involved in any of this ghoul vs human crap. But he's like, threw it all away for Kaneki. Let half of his face got chomped on, successfully making his chance of wooing girls drop drastically. And I thought he likes flirting with girls. Wtf man. No matter how much of an amazing bro you are, it doesn't make sense. It's not as if he doesn't have a life outside of Kaneki. UNLIKE Kaneki whos friends and family apparently was only Hide prior to all this, literally got no one else. So it would make more sense in my eyes if the role is reversed.
Which is why Amon asked that question, why would Hide went to such length. He basically became our voice. And Hide answered "Because I love him." which is very ambiguous even for japanese peeps. Very clever Ishida.
Granted, we barely know anything about Hide, so I'll shut my mouth for now.

Oh crap I ended up ranting so much, please ignore ;;

TLDR, no, Hide doesn't have to risk his life, his face, or any part of his body, anymore for Kaneki and his band of problems for Hide to prove that he's the ultimate bro XP
He's already WAY past that to the point that it doesn't make any sense anymore unless Ishida reveals Hide's side of story.
CrimsonMidnightMay 25, 2018 8:01 PM
May 26, 2018 7:08 AM

Oct 2015
The reason Touka left Yoriko is because anyone associated with Anteiku would be hunted down. Nishiki also had to leave Kimi on her own because of his association with anteiku. Its also the same reason Touka could not go to college at the end of tg.

Also Ken has helped Touka a bunch of times and is the first person to acknowledge her as person while knowing she is a monster.

The whole tragedy at the beginning of the manga could have been stopped by so many characters. Hide could have pushed Kaneki further to not go on the date. Touka could have done something to prevent rize going into that alley with Ken or Yoshimura or Yomo could of done something about Rize when she began targeting customers.

Hide is as much a Touken shipper as the others in Kens crew. Plus there is the chance he is Saikos gamer friend and she is everybodies waifu.
May 26, 2018 3:27 PM

May 2016
Wow that was epic especially when he caught the sword with his mouth it reminded me of Saitama buy I wonder who did it better lmao.
Oct 21, 2018 2:14 PM
Sep 2018
Maybe this is best chapter in the manga
Dec 1, 2018 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
Is this his final form?
Jun 19, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
Why is Rize's still not around? Does that mean she's going to be the last villain whom Kaneki will beat?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.