Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Forest of Piano
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great, the flashbacks are finally over and the episode is focusing much more on the present now. The way they build up Shuhei's role this episode is interesting. Personally, I think he would make a great rival against Kai in Japan.

Kai has really evolved as character from what he is before imo. Very mature now as an older person.

The piano playing coming from him still shows a lot of his talent.
May 21, 2018 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
Been waiting for the grown up and the cross-dressing part forever :P
May 21, 2018 7:25 PM

Feb 2014
Very much enjoyes this episode, althought that moment when they were about to sleep Shuuhei moved his mouth for a moment but no words came from it, mmf...
May 21, 2018 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
A 5 year timeskip and what we got? A prodigy pianist turned into a trap, another good but insecure pianist and a kid that needs to wash his mouth (I could easily find more than 3 like him here in my block, but without the piano skills). Liked the episode, the reunion was really good and with Ajino's challenge for Kai, I'm excited to see how this goes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 22, 2018 3:37 AM

Oct 2017
el_morris said:
A 5 year timeskip and what we got? A prodigy pianist turned into a trap, another good but insecure pianist and a kid that needs to wash his mouth (I could easily find more than 3 like him here in my block, but without the piano skills). Liked the episode, the reunion was really good and with Ajino's challenge for Kai, I'm excited to see how this goes.

I like how the so-called #1 in Japanese standard of Piano back in elementary school (follow the sheet music exactly with no margin of error) becomes a plagiarism type of piano style in world's view.

Shuhe easily scores top score under the Japanese piano rating system, but then when put in world's standard, he get scolded for not having his own style.

Basically Shuhe is just starting to catch up for that first step Kai experienced 5 years ago, of overcoming copying and finding his own style. That's really a whole lot to catch up honestly since he only gets to the starting line 5 years after, while Kai has been polishing his own style for another 5 years already. It's not even a competition anymore.

I can understand why Shuhe wants to run away from Kai asap as soon as he heard his music because he feels inferior/ ashamed to stay with him. If Kai asks him to play something, he probably would be too scared to do so. (He did promise Kai to become #1 in Japan back in elementary school) He wants to start honing his music asap.
Ventus_SMay 22, 2018 3:40 AM
May 24, 2018 3:25 AM
May 2018
Where is episode 7 ? Can't find it subbed anywhere.if u guys have the link then sent please.
May 24, 2018 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
donno kinda disappointing episode..
May 24, 2018 9:06 PM

Aug 2014
All these unimportant characters hogging screentime. Where's Reiko and Toilet Girl??
Sieg Zeon!
May 24, 2018 10:01 PM

Jul 2017
Timeskip happened in this episode. Kai seems to be doing well whilst Amamiya was on a slump due to the lack of confidence against Kai.

It was a good episode that dragged in the middle. I laughed at the crossdressing part, even if I knew Kai was Maria.
May 24, 2018 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
Damn they omit Kai playing piano disguise as a crown :(
Well this episode feel rush and some scene were skip.This episode cover more than 5 chapters..
And i think they might skip Kai's girlfriend.
kaitonicMay 24, 2018 11:15 PM
May 25, 2018 1:21 AM

Jul 2017
Timeskip baby, we lit!!

That kid singing about bullies was annoying as hell. He gave me Asta flashbacks
May 25, 2018 2:55 AM
Sep 2017
Ehh..why am i sensing some partial Yaoi between kai and shuhei

A decent episode, lol when kai was wearing that wig he looks like a girl, Dang.. that's one awkward boner for me. Now if only they will give us Kai mom (best MILF of the season) in the next episode..surely that would give my boner true justice..lol

May 25, 2018 3:09 AM
Feb 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! WHEN AMAMIYA TOLD KAI TO PLAY HIS HARDEST PIECE, I KEPT THINKING "LA CAMPANELLA" "LA CAMPANELLA" AND IT FUCKING WAS. THE WORLD IS A SIMULATION, OTHERWISE THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS
May 25, 2018 7:35 AM

Jan 2015
I was really surprised by the jump ahead, five years... But, the entirety of the episode was no less compelling and riveting, as this show has remained, at the best of times. I kinda love that little Daiki, a student of Kai's, is the first one to get Amamiya playing, and releasing all of his pent up emotions, again. Though, I was a little perplexed by Kai's day job, as 'Maria'. Given his background, I suppose it makes sense. But, I was hoping to see that his mother was relatively close by. And instead, we didn't actually find out anything about where she is now, except the fact that Ajino became Kai's guardian. So, I was a little disappointed, there. I sure do hope -- with all of the talk of the risks Kai is taking, keeping a job and being from Forest's Edge -- that his role in this 'prestigious' school will not be put into jeopardy, in some way. Seemed like they were really tipping the hat a little bit, to that effect.
sXebluesMay 25, 2018 7:40 AM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 25, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2016
5 years passed and the main characters are better. Shuhei is still struggling with his own piano play.

The reunion between Kai and Shuhei was hilarious, the cross-dressing part. Kai is working hard with his piano and work. He even have a disciple, damn. I liked the way Shuhei was introduced after the flashback, he still have something missing.

The play of Kai was reslly amazing, the CG was nice this episode. He have absurd talent. I hope Shuhei gets an improvement.
May 25, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
Kai looked like Reiko when he had the lipstick on. 10/10 would kill that Daiki kid.
May 25, 2018 2:09 PM

Sep 2011
So here's the timeskip. Five years went by, Kai is doing his best and Shuuhei decided to face him and to stop running away. Also Shuuhei helped Kai realize how special Ajino's talent was and now Kai respects him way more, the performance at the end was great as well. I liked to see that their bond is still there!
May 25, 2018 5:58 PM
Apr 2016
If anyone interested, the piano piece Kai played at the end when Ajino appeared is Piano Concerto No. 2 - 3rd movement (like 2 minutes away from the end), composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. It's also the one Ajino played in the DVD.
The one Kai played for Amamiya is the infamous La Campanella by Frans Liszt.
Both are super popular compositions and often used as background music in movies, tv series, and animes.
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 1st movement was the BGM of Jellal and Erza (Tower of Heaven?) arc in Fairy Tail.
May 25, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my god, didn't expect a timeskip so soon. This show is really giving strong Chihayafuru vibes but with Nodame Cantabile vibes too. Love it!

afouryes said:
If anyone interested, the piano piece Kai played at the end when Ajino appeared is Piano Concerto No. 2 - 3rd movement (like 2 minutes away from the end), composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. It's also the one Ajino played in the DVD.
yeah, piano concerto 2!! such a good piece, one of my faves. i want to see him do the entire thing
MayukaMay 25, 2018 6:49 PM
May 26, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2015
A bit too sudden with the time skip. Until the previous episode as someone who does not know the manga/movie I thought the pacing was okay. But this was a bit too quick. (But maybe in the manga it was that sudden as well.)

But after I got used to the older chars it started to get good again. I especially liked the new young boy and how he made Shuhei his apprentice ha ha.
May 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Mar 2017
Woaaahhh Kai really looked like Rei-chan when he had lipstick on hahaha.
Kai really improved huh?? so amazing.

I'm really wondering though..
Where is Rei-chan?

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 26, 2018 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The time skip did come out of nowhere, I was expecting a little more build up to it.

Kai and Shuuhei's reunion was hilarious, that said Kai looks pretty when he's cross dressing. XD
Wow, so Kai has a student eh? Shuuhei finally playing the piano again was a pretty emotional moment.

The final scene with Ajino telling Kai to surpass the world was great.
May 26, 2018 5:49 PM
Mar 2015
Does anyone know what piece kai played in min 19:15?
May 26, 2018 11:18 PM

May 2015
This episode covered chapters 59-71 (12 chapters total). That’s the whole volume 8 + 4 chapters of volume 9.

I’m still wondering if Sae-chan will make a significant appearance in the series, or her presence will be reduced to nothing. We'll see next episode.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Sep 5, 2018 8:12 AM

Dec 2014
: A time skip of five years huh.. well that was sudden… with kai said about a special guest I was honestly expecting the crapper princess
Oct 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Dec 2015
Well that was ultra gay.
Dec 27, 2018 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
A time skip... It's nice to see them grow up.

Kai crossdressing was funny.

Jan 16, 2019 9:16 PM
Aug 2011
this series: we can't tell anyone about Kai and he's hiding because reasons
also this series: btw Kai's a cross-dresser named Maria who works in a strip club

More topics from this board

» Movie or TV????

Half-MagePrince - Apr 17, 2018

9 by burstfadehc »»
Feb 15, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

4 by Raid41 »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:39 AM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2018

119 by dragnpiano »»
Jul 27, 2023 4:17 PM

» On Episode 8: This is probably a question for manga readers... What happened 25 years ago?

removed-user - May 28, 2023

2 by removed-user »»
May 30, 2023 12:34 PM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2018

32 by Andye »»
Sep 13, 2022 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.