Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awful, it's so awful.
How they are defeated.
C-18 who didn't do a thing and others. XD
May 21, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
welp the pacing is very fast so the elimination of them are going fast too lol

still im enjoying the manga
May 22, 2018 2:59 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, I like it how fast-paced this manga is. Had it been slower, I'd be pissed.
I like it how the manga is also fixing the problems in the anime.

In the anime they would go through each universe one after another, while everyone else would be basically "AFK". Things seem to be so much more mixed up here. U7 is not against all the universes combined. Instead we can see an actual battle royal, everyone is fighting everyone. I wish the anime had taken this route too.

U11 still has all the fighters. In the anime they eliminated 6 of them right on the start. Now that I think about it, it made absolutely no sense.

So far I like this version much better than the anime.
May 22, 2018 3:34 AM

Sep 2014
Dammit, both No.18 and Piccolo were taken out by those pathetic U4 fighters and the latter happened just like the anime. It's a shame since No. 18's perfomance cannot be compared with the anime at all while Piccolo was barely struggling in the manga against the opponents he took on and he didn't get to fight the U6 Namekians here too. Well the pacing is still overall pretty good and despite the changes I find this version more enjoyable than the anime.
May 22, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
I like the pace of this serie. It makes you really feel that Tournament of Power lasts for less than 1 hour and everyone need to act intensively and fast, because their universe's existence is on stake.

Manga version again is better than anime, at least for me. Sure, anime was entertaining to watch, but manga is more consistent when it comes to story, with proper power scalling level inside and more logic between actions taken by the characters and their consequences.

About chapter 36, it was good in my oppinion. Not only entertaining, but also we could have a brief look on which competitors are left and how much time is to the end of Tournament of Power.
May 23, 2018 7:47 AM

Sep 2010
The pacing is faster but the characters are handled worse than the anime. Manga Toppo and Dyspo feel like they dropped the Pride Troopers and now just act as Jiren's henchmen. Hit was still just here to make Jiren look good. The Trio de Dangers and Kamikaze Fireballs got stripped of all their super moves and immediately OHKO'd after they were introduced.

At this rate I would not be surprised if Kelfa's intro is reduced to her clearing some fodder and then immediately getting knocked out herself by a regular kick or something. They clearly want to skip to Goku vs Jiren.
May 23, 2018 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
I like the pacing, we already had 30+ episodes of the ToP in the anime with colors and actions, I won't compare this to the anime, for me, it just another look on the ToP for me and they are handling few things better than the anime like how, like how every universe now has shared in the battle instead of U7 just clearing the house

U11 actually are yet to lose any fighter, they will start to drop likes flies soon
May 24, 2018 1:47 AM

Jul 2016
I gotta be honest, now that the arc's going full steam, I find it kind of dull. It's just lacking those "wow" moments that the last arc had. It's nice that we brought back some of the side characters who haven't gotten to fight in a long time, but they're just fighting mooks. It doesn't really feel like they matter.

Still looking forward to how things develop. Was kind of neat seeing #17 figure out the enemy's trick like that. Just not really getting excited about each new chapter like before.
May 25, 2018 3:22 PM

Feb 2017
So here Ribrainne calls 18 ugly but Krillin beautiful. How ironic.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
May 26, 2018 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
The pacing is good,but since I've seen the anime it feels less exciting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 16, 2018 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
What? They already eliminated 18? She was one of the best characters in the anime ToP and they just dropped her like that? It's a shame.

Also, no Goku vs Jiren and UI? The fights on the manga are really underwhelming so far.
Sep 20, 2019 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
I love how Ribrianne calls 18 ugly but Krillin gorgeous.
Jul 3, 2020 10:01 PM

Aug 2012
The Ribrianne/18 stuff was pretty amusing, her finding 18 ugly and being godsmacked by Krillian's beauty feels like a pretty classic Dragon Ball comedy resolution. I like Beerus praising Krillin for his help there. The invisible fighter thing worked pretty well for a battle royal, and even though Piccolo got immediately eliminated afterward, it was pretty cool to see him deal with it. 17 was great the whole chapter, I liked his elimination of Botamo, especially with Piccolo going to help him and 17 not hearing him. 17 eliminating the tiny strong fighter was another plus, I liked that this chapter was book-ended with 17 getting eliminations.
Oct 4, 2021 6:54 AM
Sep 2020
The manga even though is completely different in the anime ,it's still way better or worse I think ultra instinct is only once in the manga that's the only disappointing thing but the rest direction is awesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 90 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 16, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 89 Discussion

krejola - Jan 19, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 88 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2022

28 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 87 Discussion

Silvering - Aug 19, 2022

38 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 86 Discussion

IrishCoffee_01 - Jul 20, 2022

30 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.