Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
For some reason I liked this episode A LOT. It felt a lot more like the game and flowed better than previous episodes imo.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
Ah... I liked this episode a lot... up until Madarame showed up in the Museum. Then I just felt meh. But hey, Yusuke is part of the gang now, so now we can have another very poorly done All-Out-Attack with him included.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 20, 2018 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
I see hope It get better It be waste for this series to dissapoint me. As main character is pretty likeable and I like his personality a lot.

They're not doing him justice tho. In the game he is pretty much silent, yes, but his mannerism and the dialogues choices you are given are pretty distinguishable from the others personas mc. Here he's just.. there.
May 20, 2018 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
T H I C C Ann is truly a sight to behold. I've been waiting for this exact scene haha.
May 20, 2018 5:54 PM

Aug 2016
So yusuke's palace should be concluded in episode 8
this is going to be fun considering the pacing

if you thought the pacing was bad now, you haven't seen nothing yet...

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

May 20, 2018 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
Really good episode! I hope it keeps getting better and better!

Ren suggesting "Inari" for Yusuke's codename! He's already syncing up with his little sister Futaba (even though they haven't met yet).

They'll have to rush some arcs probably, I hope it's the 3rd and 5th ones, since they're the weakest.
May 20, 2018 8:15 PM

Oct 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Yet another episode without pancake boy unfortunately, but we got plenty of actual best boy Yusuke moments instead

gorgeous boy

When a character is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu, you know he's the best dude around!
May 21, 2018 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
Ann's going "full nude" was still hilarious. Some still pictures look so awful that I wonder how they could submit those nonetheless, it was a good episode. The small fighting scene before the gang got caught was amazing, mostly because of the OST but it got me all hyped up.

They should complete the palace in the next ep, and then move on to best girl's palace!
May 21, 2018 7:02 AM

May 2018
Wow.
They made Madarame more of an ass in this episode and made Yusuke more elegant in it too. I like it.

I also didn't know that Yusuke's codename was actually fox in english. In the games, Yusuke had a Japanese name for it called Kitsune iirc.
May 22, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
Nice going Gintoki- I mean Yusuke!
May 22, 2018 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
I'm a big fan of Anne's character. She's my favorite in the game. I think there's a lot more depth to her than some people give her credit for. I liked her arc. Even though we've already seen the bulk of it with the Kamoshida chapter. But there are at least two moments in the game. Where she has to use her sexuality as bait to aid the Phantom Thieves. And I HATE these scenes. They seem disrespectful after her whole arc was about her rejecting being treated like a toy or object. And the game seems to get off on her discomfort in these situations.

I wish I could say the anime toned it down. And handled it a bit more respectfully. But if anything it was worse. Which I suppose I should have expected from A-1. But Anne throwing her bra to distract Yusuke was lurid. And her practically in tears as she slides her tank top sleeve down trying to buy as much time as possible. Was downright awful.

Setting that aside though. Which is hard for me to do. Damn fine episode. I loved Morgana trying to pick the lock with his cat paws. I loved our flashback glimpse at baby Yusuke when Madarame is taunting him. I LOVED Yusuke's awakening think it's best one the anime's done yet. And I enjoyed their little talk at the diner at the end. This anime is solid at handling the slice of life elements of the game. If not as deft at the main plot.
May 22, 2018 6:18 PM

Apr 2016
If only Ryuji and Anne will end up cosplaying as Tusk and Angelise from Cross Ange at this point....
Anyway, cute Yusuke flashback though...
神様はその独り子を賜ったほどに この世を愛してくださった。 それは御子を信じる者が一人も滅びないで 永遠の命を得るためである。
kamisama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
For God so love the world that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
May 23, 2018 6:50 AM

Feb 2017
Haven't played the game yet spoiling myself with the animu uwu. Great episode, really felt the internal conflict of Yusuke. Welcome, Fox.
May 23, 2018 7:01 AM

Jul 2016
The best boy is at again, yusuke getting distracted of anne clothes. I like this episode bcuz they give him chara develpment. The awakening scene is so good too. Fox is joining the team.

May 23, 2018 7:51 AM

Oct 2008
I like Yusuke's first decision of his own alias as "Da Vinci"... too bad that wasn't picked
they have now four Phantom members...
4/5.

May 23, 2018 1:42 PM

Jan 2015
I find this anime very relaxing. I like the pace.
We have a new Phantom Thief in this episode!
4/5
May 25, 2018 2:44 AM

Mar 2015
SMALL YUSUKE IS SO CUTE AAHHH AND LOOK AT HIS TAIL ON HIS OUTFIT ITS SO CUTE WHY IS HE SO PERFECT
May 27, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2018
Man, OP and ED are so good in this show, love them!

Basically Ann is the only thing why this show is worth watching.
And the fact that a new member joins every couple of weeks, that is fun, I guess.
Oct 8, 2019 5:08 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao I remember finding Ann in all those clothes very funny!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Damn has Ann always had that nice body? pretty rude comment there of yusuke asking if she gained weight. Just a random thought but knowing Madarame's true self, I kinda doubt he actually painted 'Sayuri' perhaps he also plagiarized that one

Jul 2, 2022 7:27 PM

Jul 2017
We really liked this one. Yusuke's development was well-done, and Madarame gave a serious heel turn with some really cruel stuff to say. Ann's trick was pretty funny. I actually forgot how funny that scene was! Even though I know how this plays out, I am excited to see how this plot plays out!
Apr 20, 2023 4:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Madarame's palace feels rushed definitely, and they don't give much context from the game for most of what's happening, at least Yusuke joining them now
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.