Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like the characters in real life are so different compared to their in-game avatars...
M looks nothing like his game character LOL

The episode is pretty calm especially when it's outside in the real life. There's such a contrast in mood when players aren't competiting in an online game world. I wish the Fatal Bullet game focused more on their real life personas

I'm guessing the story will go back to the online world next time. Felt like a breather episode tbh.
Stark700May 19, 2018 9:43 AM
May 19, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Main girl got a new gun, and met that huge girl on the way.

Oh, those high schoolers praising her at the end of first ep. are those huge girls team. They introduced their avatars to her.

They experienced another game to train themselves for the club. They want to fight against her again, but she is not sure if she will participate.

Wow, so soon.

Wow, that guy who names himself M sounds like NamiDai, and looks more normal (not huge like avatar).

He and crazy lady and others will participating next battle. If they lose, she will commit suicide and he will also die... Oh, she's one of the SAO losers (didn't get involved in the incident), so she's obsessed with dying game. Main series are also mentioned.

He wants to save her, but cannot say anything because he loves her. lol @ kabedon and confess about the love of another person. Even more lol @ even though coffee is bad for his stomach, she likes it that he drinks...

He wants her to participate and defeat crazy lady... She agrees for the promise they made, and asked her RL friend to be her partner.

Wow, that progressed greatly and quickly...

New song
https://twitter.com/xoxleoxox/status/997860617338798080
tsubasaloverMay 19, 2018 8:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 19, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
after watching the raw, though i don't know japanese, i still manage to conclude something:
_ LLENN buy a new P-chan
_ the girl wearing sunglasses in Eva's team is called Moe-chan?
_ karaoke 3MHz, a small reference to the studio 3Hz which made this anime
_ M shows up in real life, apparently he recognize Karen as LLENN
_ Pito was a SAO surviver
_ other stuffs: M make a kabedon with Karen, M says he is in love with Pito
this is only my assumption based on my extremely poor japanesse understanding, now i'm looking forward to the subs so that i could verify my guess
May 19, 2018 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
Nice so Miyu is Fukajiro..And she fought against Zekken (Yuuki) in ALO !?
So Pito's obsession with death is because she was a SAO beta tester and she couldn't play the game after it was lauched. So Pito wanted to be in Laughing Coffin in SAO ..interesting
We have a new song <3
Can't wait to see next ep

May 19, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2010
Every time I think it couldn't be more absurdly plot strikes back /_\
May 19, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
Got to know how those girls met each other. Also got to meet M, he looks nothing like his in-game character. Him and Pito really should be seeking mental help, they are dangerous to themselves.
May 19, 2018 10:20 AM
Nov 2017
This new SAO is all Fd up. I really only watched the original bc it was a harem and the romance with A suna but this new show reminds me of future diary so I doubt I will like this in the end tbh.
May 19, 2018 10:26 AM

Nov 2016
Aah,P-chan is back <3

And hahahaha,Pito is fucking nuts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2009
Miyu is so badass in the end. I wonder, is it the music? I mean, she just got out of bath, why is that so badass?

joshua10red said:
Nice so Miyu is Fukajiro..And she fought against Zekken (Yuuki) in ALO !?

Well, every hardcore player in ALO worth their sword fought Zekken.

MegaMeo said:

They confused the issue a lot, but basically, Pito missed SAO death game. And she is still frustrated about it.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
This new SAO is all Fd up. I really only watched the original bc it was a harem and the romance with A suna but this new show reminds me of future diary so I doubt I will like this in the end tbh.

I'd bet on LLENN killing Pitohui, and then they will meet offline and Pitohui's player will get better. I wonder if Miyu and (spoiler) will be there too.
May 19, 2018 10:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see Llenn managed to find a replacement p90. Its nice seeing Llenn get the chance to befriend the amazons who were her opponents back in SJ. learning to be a better team by forming a team in a competitive game sure was a novel idea. Karen's thought that she wouldn't see M again sure got shattered. The warning that he brought though sure was ominous. I guess missing Sao really changed Pito's personality. But while M's love for Pino is strong its also kinda scary. But the idea of facing Pito at her own game and defeat her to knock her back to her senses has merit. An interesting episode that revealed quite a bit on Pito's personality as well as the amazons. Looks like Karen does have to enter SJ2 after all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2009
Pito is not a SAO survivor, she missed the train xD
bruh
May 19, 2018 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
So this episode gave us a better understanding of just how fucking batshit crazy Pito is. And M is also pretty crazy with his feelings toward her. This second Squad Jam should be fun to watch.

Lol that kabe-don was pretty funny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2018 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
best sao ep so far because there's so little LLEENN but so much Karen
May 19, 2018 10:52 AM
Jul 2017
That wall slam! M loves Pito and Pito loves death. I can imagine Pito with a laughing coffin tattoo, it’ll suit her personality.
May 19, 2018 11:15 AM

Feb 2017
Egc said:
That wall slam! M loves Pito and Pito loves death. I can imagine Pito with a laughing coffin tattoo, it’ll suit her personality.

if pitou hadn't missed the train I bet she would've been one of laughing coffin member lol
May 19, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
We got a new P-chan.

Pito is definitely quite the crazy one, so basically LLENN is gonna enter the competition and defeat M and Pitou.

The Kabe-don was hilarious.
May 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
A new P-Chan, she is reslly obsessed with that model. Those highschool girls really don't have anything in common with their characters.

A really calm episode, nothing of action but a lot of talking and buildup. M's real persona is what I was thinking of, a really funny dude. Pito seems a crazy girl, wow really obsessed with death.

I'm glad that is going to be Pito vs LLENN, can't wait for the fight if it happens ( I hope so ). Karen's friend intrigued me.
May 19, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
LLENN got P-chan back! Yay for her.

So we start with the highschoolers being in Karen's apartment praising her for her victory and introducing themselves with their characters. These highschoolers are all pretty adorable.. and so small

So we get to see what M looks like in real life as he found Karen's address. He got so close to Karen and Karen's facial expression was too funny.

M is such a weirdo to be honest, M is aware of it himself too lol. It sounds like that Pito is even worse. What a nice chemistry those two have.

That wall-slam though!

So in the end, Karen will enter Squad Jam 2. She will team up with her real life friend Miyu, she seems very excited!

We got so much Karen this episode, I am happy!
CeddyyBearrMay 19, 2018 11:43 AM
May 19, 2018 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
Achaman said:
more mystery crap.. it went from good to meh to dont care anymore..

What mystery? Even Pito's identity is clear as day. :D
May 19, 2018 11:57 AM

Dec 2017
this show shows the real state of battle royale as for now - 12 year olds watch some grown up stream the game and get super excited off of it

*cough* fortnite *cough*
May 19, 2018 12:08 PM
Apr 2016
I was pleasantly surprised and am now assured there is value in this "spin-off". My only dissatisfaction would be that M(aso) is also taken by that deranged worthless singer... seriously open up the whole mental facility business, there is a hecking lot in need of healing... now no one gets to fold the towering Karen. OH MY I am now to view for the story alone. Fulfilling.
flannan said:
Achaman said:
more mystery crap.. it went from good to meh to dont care anymore..

What mystery? Even Pito's identity is clear as day. :D

I sure hope they are just playing pranks on the kid, though it does sound more than plausible for her to be insane... And no I don't desire spoilers.
Re:formed
May 19, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2017
**Fan Theory - M & Pitou are the same person (schizophrenic).

I can't recall seeing them both at the same time. Both are crazy AF. Would hold complete control over killing 'each other' and knowing 'who each other are'. Would explain M's seemingly inescapable obsession/deep-rooted care for Pitou. Would explain M's "fear" of Pitou killing M, which would just leave Pitou's (personality inside him) behind.

Not saying it is the case, but would make for an interesting twist. Just thought about that as I was watching this episode.

May 19, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2017
MegaMeo said:
after watching the raw, though i don't know japanese, i still manage to conclude something:
_ LLENN buy a new P-chan
_ the girl wearing sunglasses in Eva's team is called Moe-chan?
_ karaoke 3MHz, a small reference to the studio 3Hz which made this anime
_ M shows up in real life, apparently he recognize Karen as LLENN
_ other stuffs: M make a kabedon with Karen, M says he is in love with Pito
this is only my assumption based on my extremely poor japanesse understanding, now i'm looking forward to the subs so that i could verify my guess

You were pretty much right outside of Pito not being an SAO survivor (that's what she's disappointed in...that she DIDN'T get stuck in the SAO game/missed the chance.

May 19, 2018 12:45 PM
Jul 2015
I loved the first 4 episodes, but then they hit me with a filler..
I tolerated that.

Then with this ep6, I found characters infected with the disorder where they speak their feelings so much, i had to skip forward and yearn for good anime that speak through actions.

I felt this ep wasn't anime at all, rather this definitely felt like a two page dr suess picture book. 2mins of subtitles expanded into a lame 20 min ep

Edit: P-chan was a good part, it showed feelings through actions.
The other 80% was basically character intro because they forgot how to do character development through actions and symbolism.
UltimaPathfinderMay 19, 2018 12:50 PM
May 19, 2018 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
J_LEE_C said:

I can't recall seeing them both at the same time. Both are crazy AF. Would hold complete control over killing 'each other' and knowing 'who each other are'. Would explain M's seemingly inescapable obsession/deep-rooted care for Pitou. Would explain M's "fear" of Pitou killing M, which would just leave Pitou's (personality inside him) behind.

Not saying it is the case, but would make for an interesting twist. Just thought about that as I was watching this episode.

I think we saw them both at the same time when Pito introduced M. I don't think it's possible to control 2 avatars in VR even if you have split personality.
But it would be an interesting twist, sure.

Aug 2013
So this spinoff still trying to put in irl death for dying in game. There is really no need for it, especially for this particular story.

P-chan is back :')
May 2018
I think that Photo is Elsa Kanzaki (the singer) as her concert days match up exactly with the days she is unable to log in to the game. That's why she wasn't able to be in the first Squad Jam and why M finds her power over his life so intimidating!
May 19, 2018 12:52 PM

Jun 2017
Best girl Fuka and her dual grenade launchers next episode boys! Took em long enough...
Signature.
May 19, 2018 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
Best episode of this show so far. I didnt mind that there was any action. Since this was the first time I was truly invested in this show for a good portion.

Pito sounds fucking crazy and I liked the build for the upcoming Squad Jam. Whilst SAO AGGO's action is solid, it had the issue of being way too bland. So this was a nice way of making SJ 2 more interesting.

Also linking Pito to the original SAO game was a nice touch too.
May 19, 2018 12:55 PM
Jul 2016
Best girl Fukaziroh is here!

Btw, can anybody tell me if i missed out on anything by not watching last week's recap?
May 19, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
Personally, I've been thinking - maybe Pito is a relatively sane person, but M is crazy and imagines all the crazy stuff he talks about?

Trashy_anime_lov said:
I think that Photo is Elsa Kanzaki (the singer) as her concert days match up exactly with the days she is unable to log in to the game. That's why she wasn't able to be in the first Squad Jam and why M finds her power over his life so intimidating!

I don't think being a famous singer makes Elsa Kanzaki (or Pitohui, or anybody else) intimidating. It's all about being crazy.

UImoetard said:
So this spinoff still trying to put in irl death for dying in game. There is really no need for it, especially for this particular story.

The main reason for the whole "dying for real" trope is, it puts tension into the story. This story could work fine without it, sure.
May 19, 2018 1:04 PM
Apr 2016
J_LEE_C said:

Yes, as you were already told, in the second episode they were introduced to each other. Also, in SAO Fatal Bullet they also appear together. Don't think that badly of my boy M please.
flannan said:
UImoetard said:

The main reason for the whole "dying for real" trope is, it puts tension into the story. This story could work fine without it, sure.

It could also turn out to be a joke. But even if it is not, it sits quite well with the whole SAO world - insanes are a reality, alas. Experience from SAO is still lingering in the world (even though this is pre-GGO Sterben incident).
May 19, 2018 1:08 PM
Apr 2016
Mouloxas said:

Btw, can anybody tell me if i missed out on anything by not watching last week's recap?

She is best right until the moment there is a bath scene with Karen.
May 19, 2018 1:11 PM

Feb 2013
They are messing with LLENN, I don't believe a thing Pito or M say.
May 19, 2018 1:16 PM
Apr 2016
It would certainly be more preferable if they are just messing with her. I mean, crazy maniac a famous Elsa Kanzaki singer? She dishes out deep lovely songs and then tries to get herself killed in a video game? There is juuuuust a little bit of discrepancy in it. What's more, SAO original provides enough darker (and more realistic) attitude. This is Alternative for a reason (I hopes).
May 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Sep 2015
UltimaPathfinder said:
I loved the first 4 episodes, but then they hit me with a filler..
I tolerated that.

Then with this ep6, I found characters infected with the disorder where they speak their feelings so much, i had to skip forward and yearn for good anime that speak through actions.

I felt this ep wasn't anime at all, rather this definitely felt like a two page dr suess picture book. 2mins of subtitles expanded into a lame 20 min ep

Edit: P-chan was a good part, it showed feelings through actions.
The other 80% was basically character intro because they forgot how to do character development through actions and symbolism.

Then we have series that are dedicated to just that and people complain that they do not explain anything
¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Ookami-des said:
Every time I think it couldn't be more absurdly plot strikes back /_\

It should not surprise you, we have people who dislike the series but even if you continue to see, masochism is strong in some people.

PD: :')
NayoutMay 19, 2018 2:21 PM
May 19, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Mouloxas said:

if you want to laugh, just watch the few last minute of the recap
bruh
May 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Sep 2010
Nayout said:

It should not surprise you, we have people who dislike the series but even if you continue to see, masochism is strong in some people.

It's only masochism if you can't enjoy analyzing low quality absurd.
May 19, 2018 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
There is a lot of information in this episode ! Between Pitohui who begins to become crazy after the beta of SAO and delusions completely WTF in the end.
ElyshionMay 19, 2018 3:30 PM
May 19, 2018 3:07 PM
Oct 2010
So Karen couldn't get out of M the means he used to find her...

She should worry a bit more about herself and call the police, she got a crazy stalker who demands stuff from her while withholding important information. (Of course, just being stalked is enough reason to worry, but the rest makes thing even worse)
AjunkyMay 19, 2018 3:12 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Mar 2013
M never did tell Karen how he found her lol
Mastery through endless repetition.
May 19, 2018 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Setup setup setup setup setup. Well, at least the 2nd battle should be interesting.
May 19, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
well,this is turning totally ridiculous.
This is really SAO without SAO and for me SAO is Asuna. so close to dropping this.
May 19, 2018 3:59 PM

Jan 2017
@flannan @Daniel_Naumov

ah, I see. As I said, I wasn't for sure and couldn't remember if we had seen them together or not. Thanks for clearing that up. It would be intriguing though haha

May 19, 2018 4:08 PM

Aug 2014
BlackAlpha said:
M never did tell Karen how he found her lol

He is a stalker, how else would it be possible to explain it?
May 19, 2018 4:33 PM

Dec 2016
I think she loves her guns a bit too much, either way it's an upgrade that will be very helpful in the future.

Her friend got to fight against Yuki.

We still don't know how M knows who the real LLENN is.

I don't get Pito at all, both of them are completely messed up, after all that I still have no idea why Pito is obsessed with death.

I originally thought she was a survivor and a member of Laughing Coffin which is why she's obsessed with death but she didn't get to be in it at all.

I'm glad Goushi admitted that he wasn't right in the head.

Hopefully LLENN defeats her and we meet the real Pito and learn why she is the way she is.
May 19, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
Mouloxas said:

Pito saying she's going to sponsor SJ2. Pito & M's interactions in general.
May 19, 2018 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
GGO alternative is such a let-down..

EP1~4 has potential to be a top tier game show, and it all goes into dumpster fire after ep5 and ep6...
Such a shame..
May 19, 2018 5:50 PM

May 2015
Holy fudgepackering of a cow, M-san iz a nutcase!
May 19, 2018 6:02 PM

Jun 2016
So if a piece of equipment gets destroyed it doesn't get restored after the match but instead you have to get a new one? That's some horrendous game design right here. Sigsawa Keiichi might know one or two things about guns but he clearly doesn't know anything about MMORPGs.

nina444 said:
Egc said:

if pitou hadn't missed the train I bet she would've been one of laughing coffin member lol

Except M said she would have slaughtered them in the name of justice.
NoumuMay 19, 2018 6:16 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.