Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2015
Holy shit that was another great episode. So much character development and maturing was shown in episode 7. I would give a long review about why I loved this episode so much, but I'm lazy.

5/5
May 19, 2018 8:30 AM
Jan 2016
Welp, they successfully Sasuke'd Bakugo. Time for the Bakugo Recovery Mission, I guess.

Also, FUCK YEAH AOYAMA! Aoyama best boy.

The incredibly slow start to the season had me worried, but seems like the heat is back.
May 19, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
Deku was so close in saving Bakugo, but he was too late. He feels so bad now. Aoyama stepping in to save Tokoyami was quite brave of him. Now that Bakugo is captured, I wonder what's going to happen to him. The location of the villains has been found, thanks to Momo, so some heroes are going to try to save him. Looking forward to that. All Might's ringtone is funny lol. Plus Ultra!
May 19, 2018 8:41 AM

Oct 2016
What an amazing episode. Also, God I hope Bakugou doesn't pull a Sasuke and ditches the heroes
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
May 19, 2018 8:46 AM
Oct 2017
It’s gettin close, only a few episodes now until “the final fight”
May 19, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
Damn those villains, they managed to kidnapp despite the effort from those 3. Since Deku collapse when he was trying to catch those marble-magic-things, I can understand why he felt that he's still weak and unable to save those who're in his reach. I believe that he will go againt what the pro heroes told them and will try to save Bakugou themselves anyway.

In the meantime, the villains will difenetely try to convince Bakugou or threatens him to join their sides. Maybe even brainwsh him in some way. Hopefully his anger will keep himself from being affected. Though it would be really cool to see EVIL-BAKUGO fighting against his classmates!
Seems like Bakugo does care about Deku proven when he tod Deku to stay away. Or did he say that for soem other reason?
ShadowkillZMay 19, 2018 9:24 AM
May 19, 2018 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode! I can’t wait for this upcoming arc when all might goes up against a certain villain.

Props to aoyama for that last minute save.
5/5.
May 19, 2018 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
I never particularly liked this arc in the manga aside from setting up the new villains(Twice and Dabi are the best ones in the league so far), it felt like an step down compared to Stain's arc, which was an step down from the Tournament Arc (which is still the best in the series thus far).

The next arc is good and the finale has a lot of emotional weight and makes Bakugo go from a mediocre character to an alright one. My only grip with it is that
but otherwise is better than this and has one of the best fights in the series.
GoldenSaltPillarMay 19, 2018 9:40 AM
May 19, 2018 9:47 AM
Oct 2010
Did Mineta sneak in an obscure joke about the Decameron (Big melon - deka melon) or is it just my predisposition to Mineta's common antics?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 19, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2015
somerandomknight said:
Even though it's a good season, I'm kinda disappointed on how low the production values have been. The only remarkable episode this season was episode 4 and there isn't any other that came close to it.
There were some epic panels in the manga that I wanted to see how they would do it in the anime. And they have fail...
A static image... Why could they animate Deku smahing the ground with his head while screaming and then cut to the static image? It would have been much better in my opinion...

Also, this scene! I was dying to see this animted and... well... it was pretty weak...

Besides, if this season is 25 episodes, and 2 more arcs are confirmed, how are they gonna fit everything in the remaining 18 episodes? I wonder if they are going to enter a little bit in the Internship Arc territory and end this season on a cliffhanger...

I'm not seeing the issue here.

May 19, 2018 9:54 AM
Mar 2018
phantomfandom said:
Now I know why people ship Bakugou with Kirishima so much
same, now i can understand why
May 19, 2018 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
Viltas said:
Nice episode. Emotional as usual. For all you manga readers:

Probably, although i wish it's in 3 instead
May 19, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2018
Well played Dabi.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
I got so many feels after this episode.
Deku screaming after Bakugou was taken and then the images of after the attack got to me.
modge
May 19, 2018 10:15 AM
Nov 2013
somerandomknight said:
Even though it's a good season, I'm kinda disappointed on how low the production values have been. The only remarkable episode this season was episode 4 and there isn't any other that came close to it.
There were some epic panels in the manga that I wanted to see how they would do it in the anime. And they have fail...
A static image... Why could they animate Deku smahing the ground with his head while screaming and then cut to the static image? It would have been much better in my opinion...

Also, this scene! I was dying to see this animted and... well... it was pretty weak...

Besides, if this season is 25 episodes, and 2 more arcs are confirmed, how are they gonna fit everything in the remaining 18 episodes? I wonder if they are going to enter a little bit in the Internship Arc territory and end this season on a cliffhanger...

Dude what do you want? A damn movie? The episodes have looked fantastic and the animators have been working their asses off to make this. Almos everything is animated, and animated very well at that. With some things being straight up beautiful. This is better looking than pretty much anything else airing at the moment. You are sounding picky as hell honestly. Do you know how hard it is to produce a 25 episode anime series yearly like what they are doing here, WHILE keeping the quality significantly above average as they have been? My god this annoys me.
May 19, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
loved this episode, when bakugo said "don't come deku" that was without a doubt my favorite moment of the serie. The only moment i know when he showed that he cared for deku and talked without being grumpy.
May 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
Yoichibestwaifu said:
loved this episode, when bakugo said "don't come deku" that was without a doubt my favorite moment of the serie. The only moment i know when he showed that he cared for deku and talked without being grumpy.

Wow, I never thought about it that way. To me he was simply saying thay because he refused to be helped by Deku.

This manga is way more subtle than I thought.
May 19, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2016
Pretty up and down episode.
Initially I had an issue with the fact that Todoroki and Kirishima walked into the hospital at the perfect time to overhear All Might and Yaoyorozu talk about where the hideout is (sort of isn't as big of a deal though).

Also sort of annoying watching the fight at the start too without fearing for the MC's because you know there's no way in hell they're gonna die any time soon.

And it was so dumb when Mr Compress revealed where he was hiding the actual Bakugo and Tokoyami so some sneaky fuck in a bush could have an opportunity to save them.

However, I think the traitor narrative is definitely the most interesting topic to rise from this episode, hoping they don't just shove it onto some forgettable side character and actually add some depth and strong motivation behind it.
Also the implied relationship between Dabi and Todoroki seems very interesting too, hope we get to see them interact some more.

Enjoyable episode overall 3/5.
May 19, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing conclusion to this arc, and now we'll get to the BIG arc of this season.

Ughhhh, these episodes go by so FAST, and there's a whole week between them.

The little moment with Dabi and Shouto was breathtaking, it was so GOOD, the action in this episode was really good overall. Coupled with the OST, it was amazing.

They didn't manage to capture some of the amazing art from the manga, but it's still good, maybe it'll look better in the BDs.
Username57May 19, 2018 12:26 PM
May 19, 2018 10:57 AM

Mar 2018
And now we're done with the training camp arc.
I was hoping that they'd recreate the intense pace from the manga, and they completly nailed it. This is the kind of arc that you binge in an afternoon because you just can't stop.

Unfortunatly they failed to be as aestheticly incredible as the manga, especialy for Dark Shadows rampage and the team landing on Mister Compress which were both phenomenal in the manga and only okay in the anime.

The Deku vs Muscular fight was incredible, perfect adaptation that felt even better than the source material, pretty sure the next big fight is gonna be this great.

That last episode didn't miss a single note, the last confrontation between Heroes and vilains was really intense, they even added a small Toga moment that was greatly appreciated. Yuga finnaly being helpful was great and the last words from Dabi to Todoroki were goddamn chilling.

To conclude I'd say this arc was great, but that it could have been even better with perhaps some more production time.
May 19, 2018 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
So Bakugo was captured by the villains. They are not messing around, Compress showing off his magic tricks, Himiko being obsessed with Deku.

After all that a lot of students got injured, with some still unconscious due to mustard's gas attack. Can't wait for next episode (hoping to see all students in good health again).
May 19, 2018 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
somerandomknight said:

it was a static image so it can look more like the manga. It's being faithful to it and that is all that matters.

To me the complaint about them being "weak" is absolutely retarded. Like, utterly, completely. I mean, they are the same as the source material. These is an issue with the methodology of fathoming in one's mind if the animated series is perceived weak just because it is "the same".
Re:formed
May 19, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
Deku6339 said:
It's getting better and better..

I love Twice he is so funny..

Sorry but that villain girl wasn't as good as everyone said..

Her name is Toga and her character will get better and more screen time in the coming arcs.
May 19, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
I'll be the rare exception and say this episode felt lazy. "Exposition is weak. If you have something to say, say it with action." I'm not trying to say that this (or every other) series needs to be 100% fighting/action, but the cleanup should have been done through interaction between the characters (more than they did). Having Deku narrate what happened just feels like a cop-out for what should have been an intense 2-3 day recovery and acclamation period, and they sort of swept the meaning and intensity of Deku's wounds under the rug.

Oh well. Let the conspiracy theories on who the traitor is commence.
May 19, 2018 12:16 PM

Feb 2018
really dont like that daby guy.
and poor bakugo in this ep...

next ep can't wait -_-
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 19, 2018 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Deku and the rest of Class 1-A. :(

But! At least they're set on getting Kacchan back from the League of Villains, though, as he's their friend and it wouldn't be any fun without him around.

Got to see Vlad's Quirk in action (even though it was short), so I'm liking him now. ♥

I wonder who the so-called "traitor" is among the teachers, though.

Twice is still funny as fuck. He's probably my most favorite villain along with Tomura, Toga, and Kurogiri.

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next!
May 19, 2018 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
traitor? now this is something even most interesting development to see for me. damn another episode ended like 5-mintue and can't really wait to see what happens next!

May 19, 2018 12:41 PM

May 2017
This shit is so good.

I hope Shouji doesn't descend into irrelevancy again after this. Dude has a competent quirk, is calm/collected unlike a lot of the other students and is likeable because of that.
Also, I loved Aoyama being heroic at the last moment.
This arc is doing wonders for the side characters so far.
The_Smoking_ManMay 19, 2018 2:35 PM
May 19, 2018 1:13 PM
Apr 2016
Shirasho said:
I'll be the rare exception and say this episode felt lazy. "Exposition is weak. If you have something to say, say it with action." I'm not trying to say that this (or every other) series needs to be 100% fighting/action, but the cleanup should have been done through interaction between the characters (more than they did). Having Deku narrate what happened just feels like a cop-out for what should have been an intense 2-3 day recovery and acclamation period, and they sort of swept the meaning and intensity of Deku's wounds under the rug.

Oh well. Let the conspiracy theories on who the traitor is commence.

More... like touching each other just to provide action? You should reconsider what actually has value behind the pictures on screen.
I said it since episode one, I will repeat it again - the little stupid animal principal is side-villain, if not a True Villain. I bet he is angry at all the immoral meat gulpers (not necessarily)
May 19, 2018 2:14 PM
Nov 2016
Damn, the panel with Midoriya's on the ground, screaminf reminded me of how emotional I felt when I read this part in the manga.

I felt like the art in this episode was better than that in the last episode.
May 19, 2018 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
When "Mukosei no Kunou" started playing, I already knew this would be really somber. Then Deku's voice started braking and I just...gosh I could relate on a spiritual level.
May 19, 2018 2:30 PM
Jul 2016
Props to ayoma for doing something lol. Also Shoji is the lowkey mvp of this arc.
May 19, 2018 2:31 PM
Apr 2016
I always knew Aoyama had more in himself than just a deep understanding of romance! Having mah boi praised this much puts a smile on this face.
May 19, 2018 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
In the meantime, the villains will difenetely try to convince Bakugou or threatens him to join their sides. Maybe even brainwsh him in some way. Hopefully his anger will keep himself from being affected. Though it would be really cool to see EVIL-BAKUGO fighting against his classmates!
Seems like Bakugo does care about Deku proven when he tod Deku to stay away. Or did he say that for soem other reason?

I think he did that for another reason, which will most likely be covered at the end of the season if we get two more arcs.
May 19, 2018 2:42 PM
Dec 2017
RIP anime only's lolol
May 19, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2016
Well, uh... that was emotional.
May 19, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2017
An episode always as well ! If only Yūga had reacts faster, Bakugo would have been saved. But the best moment is the bell of All Might.
May 19, 2018 3:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why waste time on rescuing that loud and obnoxious POS. Good riddance I say!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Sep 2016
Another mediocre Arc that is over, if it wasn't for Dabi, the magician would've lose Bakugo thanks to that Navel Laser. Glad that the edgelord of Bakugo is gone for a couple of episode.

That attemp of making it "sad because he wasn't able to help Bakugo" was a little bit cringy, and seen in a lot of animes before. Holy shit, why is everyone hyping this trash?
May 19, 2018 3:13 PM
May 2018
anyone knows the name of the ost that plays when bakugo gets captured? i liked the episode, glad they didn't got fumikage and could be intresting to see what happens next with bakugo, can't wait to see how all might's going to smoke those ennemie asses too
May 19, 2018 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
MeDicenJaden said:
Holy shit, why is everyone hyping this trash?

cause it's fking awesome and the best shit ever
May 19, 2018 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
Suduha said:
MeDicenJaden said:

I wouldn't call it best, is mediocre and average
May 19, 2018 3:53 PM
Mar 2018
I read the manga and knew this was gonna happen but it still surprised me at some points.
May 19, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 2016
Wow this was a very good episode! The villains were strategic enough to succeed in their mission and they even left an emotional breakdown on Deku and co. :P
THANKS SENPIEX
May 19, 2018 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
Emotional episode, after being defeated by the villains there is nothing than frustration. But heroes are gonna get in action. Certainly I am asking me if heroes must learn in a school or learn with experience. Maybe the U.A. is making everything a little more messy.

You know, heroes are born. Having a quirk doesn't make you a hero; is how you think and act.
May 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
AOYAMA MVP OF THE EPISODE!!!
Izuku and bakugo's voice actors did a splendid job. I can feel the fear and anguish dripping off of their voice when they said their lines. Brilliant.
Next episode is gonna have some funny moments that I CANNOT wait to see get animated.

Also, anime onlys. The next few episodes are best seen continuously. It'll give you the most enjoyment if you watch them nonstop.

MeDicenJaden said:
Suduha said:

You haven't seen the best of it. It's like people watching a little bit of dragon ball and calling it a shit show.
ttcchenMay 19, 2018 4:54 PM
May 19, 2018 5:25 PM

Nov 2015
The camping trip ended in complete distaster... But with at least they know where the League of villains are now, good to see momo improve on her confidence. Also Iida's past in hosu city seems to be haunting him. Looks like it'll be important next episode.

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 19, 2018 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
MeDicenJaden said:

MeDicenJaden said:

*Oprah voice*: So what is the truth?
Username57May 19, 2018 5:58 PM
May 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
The question here is whether Mineta is god or not
May 19, 2018 5:39 PM

May 2015
MeDicenJaden said:
Another mediocre Arc that is over, if it wasn't for Dabi, the magician would've lose Bakugo thanks to that Navel Laser. Glad that the edgelord of Bakugo is gone for a couple of episode.

That attemp of making it "sad because he wasn't able to help Bakugo" was a little bit cringy, and seen in a lot of animes before. Holy shit, why is everyone hyping this trash?

A better question to ask would be what the fuck are you still doing here?

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.