Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 18, 2018 11:52 AM

Jun 2012
Creamy Mami got released to Blu Ray not too long ago, what i strange, is that audio quality is noticably worse than one used on Laserdisc release (Live-Evil used LD rips for their fansubs) it makes me wonder, why Pierrot didnt use these audio masters?
May 18, 2018 11:58 AM

Nov 2008
This show got released on BLURAY IN JAPAN!?

Are you freaking serious? O_________________o

I'm not that familiar with laserdiscs.....but I know they are much better quality than vhs; that is all I know. xD

Maybe the LDs are hard to get a hold of?

May 18, 2018 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
Chiibi said:
This show got released on BLURAY IN JAPAN!?

Are you freaking serious? O_________________o

I'm not that familiar with laserdiscs.....but I know they are much better quality than vhs; that is all I know. xD

Maybe the LDs are hard to get a hold of?

https://www.amazon.com/Animation-Magical-Blu-Ray-Memorial-BCXA-880/dp/B00HI6N0J2 Sadly, it is upscale, and colors are washed out, honestly, i think DVDs released by Anime Sols are much better :)
May 18, 2018 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
kamil88 said:
Creamy Mami got released to Blu Ray not too long ago, what i strange, is that audio quality is noticably worse than one used on Laserdisc release (Live-Evil used LD rips for their fansubs) it makes me wonder, why Pierrot didnt use these audio masters?

You could create a mux of the BD visuals and laserdisc audio to get the best of both worlds.

It would be a tad time consuming, but it might be worth it if you're an enthusiast of the series.
May 18, 2018 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
I know that Laserdisc audio is better than DVD, because it's uncompressed, but Blu-ray audio should be just as clear.

Unless the master tapes have become damaged during storage. In that case, they should've used the LD audio for the Blu-ray release.

I'm glad that I supported Anime Sols to get Creamy Mami on DVD. Ironically, I haven't watched it yet, but I will eventually.

May 18, 2018 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
Seiya said:
I know that Laserdisc audio is better than DVD, because it's uncompressed, but Blu-ray audio should be just as clear.

Unless the master tapes have become damaged during storage. In that case, they should've used the LD audio for the Blu-ray release.

I'm glad that I supported Anime Sols to get Creamy Mami on DVD. Ironically, I haven't watched it yet, but I will eventually.

I actually wanted to support their projects on site, but..they didnt let people outside of US, with was very stupid, since Mami, Yumi and other anime from their list was very popular in France/Italy and few other countries in Europe. Then again, probalby coudlnt do it because of licence issues or something like that?
kamil88May 18, 2018 3:05 PM
May 18, 2018 3:00 PM

Jun 2014
kamil88 said:
Seiya said:

I actually wanted to suport their projects on site, but..they didnt let people outside of Europe, with was very stupid, since Mami, Yumi and other anime from their list was very popular in France/Italy and few other countries in Europe. Then again, probalby coudlnt do it because of licence issues or something like that?

Yeah, I heard of lot of people in Europe wishing that they could've supported Anime Sols. I'm not sure why they restricted it to just North America. It's too bad.

May 19, 2018 12:51 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Anime/manga specific threads go into their respective sub-boards.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 48 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 27, 2017

5 by ToonAndy »»
Apr 4, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 25 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 12, 2017

3 by LelPop »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:00 PM

» Should this anime get a remake in 2024?

DrPopCat7758 - Oct 2, 2023

2 by Sekiro94 »»
Oct 3, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 30 Discussion

_Poochyena_ - Dec 16, 2017

3 by staruke »»
Mar 28, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami Episode 1 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Oct 3, 2012

10 by SnowxFlower »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.