Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2018 7:39 PM
Jul 2016
hotsushikun said:
RealMTL said:

Wait... is there a PSVita emulator for PC? Or did you just own a vita and cracked it?

But its going to take a long time to emulate it, because of too many GB on it!!!

henkaku for psvita

Sep 20, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2018
Another news came out from ANN:

"Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced on Thursday in an interview with Famitsu that it will cease production of its PlayStation Vita handheld gaming platform in Japan in 2019. SIE senior vice president Hiroyuki Oda said that the company has no plans for a successor system to the PS Vita.

SIE previously announced in May that it will end production of physical Vita game cards in the Americas and Europe by March 2019.

The PS Vita handheld system launched in Japan on December 17, 2011. The system launched in Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, North and Latin America, Europe and PAL territories, and Singapore by February 22, 2012. The system had sold more than 1.2 million units worldwide as of February 26, 2012.

Oda also confirmed to Famitsu that the newly announced PlayStation Classic console will have different games between Japan and overseas."

So, no more Playstation handheld successor means that smartphone is becoming more dominant in Japan's video gaming industry.
Sep 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Dec 2013
Let's be honest, 99% of you bought a Playstation VITA just for this

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2018 3:44 AM
May 2009
Legendia said:

That I will not disagree. I can't remember if I got the Vita for This or for something else. But this is definately one of the reasons I had to have a Vita.

Still playing the Vita, currently playing Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen (JP release) Didn't realise it was going to get an official english release till I got it.

Missing out alot of context when there is no speaking. If only the whole thing, including the descriptive text was voiced, I would be able to understand the whole thing.

Wonder if they will release a translation download, otherwise will have the buy the game again.
Sep 20, 2018 3:51 AM

Dec 2013

That I will not disagree. I can't remember if I got the Vita for This or for something else. But this is definately one of the reasons I had to have a Vita.

also, you can play Persona 1, 2, P3P, and P4DAN on the VITA. It's pretty much a portable Persona player in my eyes considering Shin Megami Tensei is otherwise a Nintendo property nowadays.

There's also Tales of Heart R but I heard that had a super shitty localization so I haven't gotten to it yet.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2018 4:05 AM
May 2009
@Legendia - Not a fan of digital libraries, I got Need for speed for free, and SAO the first game and Atelier game.

The rest are all physical copies. Main reason is due to the Memory card being so small. That and if anything happened to the library atleast I can keep playing the physical copy.

Wonder if it will get hacked to perfection like with the PSP.
Sep 20, 2018 4:10 AM

Dec 2013

Wonder if it will get hacked to perfection like with the PSP.

there's no doubt it will if you follow certain imageboards discussing the fate of the VITA and what's already in progress. Officially, the VITA has probably been all but abandoned by Sony already considering its existence is obscured on the PS4 apps like the PS3.

Maybe a similarly sad fate will follow the 3DS considering that Japan is in a state where it believes mobile gaming is the future. The 3DS is nowhere near the fuckup the VITA was and there is still a lot to do and going on but it has been quieter for a while now I think.

kairyu-shinSep 20, 2018 4:16 AM
Sep 20, 2018 5:44 PM

Sep 2010
I guess this means the new gen of Sony handheld will be announced soon or maybe the PS5 will be like their version of Nintendo's Switch.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 21, 2018 3:26 AM

Jan 2018
Roloko said:
I guess this means the new gen of Sony handheld will be announced soon or maybe the PS5 will be like their version of Nintendo's Switch.

Or maybe Sony could learn from Nintendo counterpart by producing hybrid console of hanheld and home console, that could be great somehow. Giving that the hybrid console is becoming commonplace in recent years.
Sep 21, 2018 3:40 AM
Feb 2016
The only game I really played on the Vita was Gundam Breaker. I really liked the customization in that game. My vita ended up getting broke, so RIP. Though I got the most use out of it via the remote play function for whenever someone else was using the big TV lol.

Sep 21, 2018 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Legendia said:

True but there were alot of great games to enjoy on the Vita, The MGS Collection, and all the PS1 classics, i would never save my vita went to waste.
Sep 22, 2018 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
The only storage that was available when I bought it was the 4gb card. That killed it for me since I only bought 3 games + the free ones I used to get when i was subscribed to PS+. I checked the sd2vita adaptor but it seems to only allow you to add executables and not expand the system storage. So it ended up as a youtube machine with occasional gaming sessions. Shame, I really enjoyed playing on it.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 22, 2018 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
Rip bro! u won't be missed!
Sep 22, 2018 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
The vita was being kept alive by the JRPG community. It's a shame Sony never bothered to properly back the handheld.
Sep 22, 2018 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
I still play mine pretty frequently. Can't say I'm surprised though, Sony did as terrible of a job marketing properly as Nintendo did with the Wii U.
Sep 22, 2018 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, I originally bought it for P4 Golden as well, but I didn't even get around to finishing that one since it didn't seem all too different from the original. Other than that, I think I bought Demon Gaze (which was too boring for me) and Tales of Hearts R (awful localization). That's about it really.

Edit: Forgot about Danganronpa! That one was pretty fun.
Sep 23, 2018 5:48 AM
Jun 2015
A shame but not very surprising. I'll always have fond memories of playing P4G on the Vita.
Sep 23, 2018 6:43 AM
Hokage King

Apr 2017

also, you can play Persona 1, 2, P3P, and P4DAN on the VITA. It's pretty much a portable Persona player in my eyes considering Shin Megami Tensei is otherwise a Nintendo property nowadays.

I agree as this has been my main use for the VITA for sometime as well. Though there are a few other games I enjoy on the system as well. It was getting a few new games a week and a steady monthly stream of free game through PS Plus so I didn't see it as dead yet per say. I
Sep 23, 2018 6:47 AM

Jul 2009
Such a shame although not surprising since Sony has always been struggling in the handheld gaming market. I'll never forget the Vita for introducing me to the highly underrated Atelier franchise. I may have bought the Vita for Persona 4 Golden, but now I wouldn't even consider it one of my top three games for the console. So much hidden gems there that need more love.

Theo1899 said:
The only storage that was available when I bought it was the 4gb card.

This was my main gripe with the Vita during release. 4GB is way too small. You can fit only two or three games at most; having to delete and download new games constantly to fit the memory space is a massive pain.

Can you purchase a memory card with more space? Of course you can, but better hope you got some cash because Sony's proprietary memory cards cost an arm and leg. Not giving the Vita a universal SD card is just stupid beyond belief.
Sep 23, 2018 7:13 AM

Jan 2018
Vita's decline in popularity is also overtaken by Nintendo Switch, where more games for JRPG and Console are being made of it, i read it on the article on Wikipedia about it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

23 by Blackfire2340 »»
29 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
7 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.