Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2018 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the episode gave Yui more screen time. Plus, Nyanko Big somehow gets loose again lol. At this point, he's displayed so many human-like characteristics.

It turned into a search for Nyanko Big in town. Yui really took the spotlight with her personality this week lol. I have to admit, it's rather amusing. This was also the first time that Yui showed a bit concern about Yamashita's relationship with the woman they met on the way. Glad they are giving some of the minor characters more focus for the episode tbh.

May 17, 2018 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
Felt like a filler of sorts, but nice focus on Yui for this episode for her to learn how unrequited love feels like. A growing moment. Also I love nyanko big's never-say-die attitude.

May 17, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
And the drama from the last week is gone, because the show must introduce another character and its "romance" lol... Although i don't know if they manage to adapt enough into this adaptation with only 12 episodes ...

Oh but wait a minute, this is not adaptation ... so what the hell are they doing, and what are they aiming for.

Also, seriously --- he can speak with cats ? Are we doing that kind of play ?
May 17, 2018 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
hmm a yui focused episode I'm a little indifferent to it. I love that yui has her own thing she likes to reenact/play out like teresa has rainbow samurai she has yoshiko yamamaru poiron (sunflower express). I wasn't expecting yui to have feelings for yamashita-senpai. It was nice seeing yui solve the case of the missing nyanko big. I felt bad for yui at the end.
May 17, 2018 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
Yui-chan and Nyanko big episode this week. Both with unrequited loves. I've said it once I'll say it again: Nyanko Big is, hands down, the greatest character in this series. XD And hopefully his adventures in love find more success than Charles.
May 17, 2018 12:14 PM
Aug 2014
So...Charles is a lolicon.
May 17, 2018 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
It was fun to watch everyone to look for Nyanko Big. He keeps on visiting the cat he likes. Charles knowing what cats are saying sure was amusing. Yui got most of the screen time in this episode. She just realized how tough love is, the poor girl.
May 17, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2018
I knew that Yui liked him but loving him that's.... Whatever
A filler type episode
May 17, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
Nyanko big is my reason to watch this:
Best love story; Nyanko big
Best character; Nyanko big
Best comic; Nyanko big

Okay, I'm exaggerating... But not about the best love story. Nyanko big is one interesting cat; I'd like for them to give him that VoiceOver permanently -his commentary would give an interesting depth to the anime as we'll have that quirky point of view

P.S.
What the hell is with Charles being able to speak cat. It was absurdly funny. If only they could bring other moments of the show to life like that
tidoesstuffMay 17, 2018 12:48 PM
May 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
This show started with promise but the two MCs have zero chemistry. There is also very little on the name of romance it just seems like random side stories or about that bloody cat.

I'm pretty disappointed if I'm honest.
May 17, 2018 1:05 PM

Jan 2016
Nyanko big is everything in this show! An amazing character with amazing character development
May 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Nov 2016
A episode especially focused on Yui. Nyanko Big like always cause troubles, such a problematic cat.

The pacing felt a bit slow, but alright. Everyone searching for Nyanko Big around the town. Charles really talks cat language LOL. Yui has a crush on Yamashita, and she learning how love is was bit emotional. I like how her character was developed in the episode.

Nyanko Big so far didn't have any luck with Cherry. Poor guy. Charles's flasback showing how he fell in love with Teresa was a nice addition.
May 17, 2018 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
Crashmatt said:
This show started with promise but the two MCs have zero chemistry. There is also very little on the name of romance it just seems like random side stories or about that bloody cat.

I'm pretty disappointed if I'm honest.

They've been focusing on everyone else. Not even Alec and Ijuin are getting any focus. I figured this would have been a multiple romance anime but I guess not =/

I'm in agreement, disappointed.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 17, 2018 1:37 PM

Feb 2017
Ah, yes, Nyanko Big, the best anime character ever. What a good episode about his disappearance!
Poor Yui. Love can be really painful. I cried a little when she cried.
And, okay - I really like Mitsuyoshi but I want Teresa to be with Charles. They could've went for a usual "main character crush's boyfriend is awful and mean" but they haven't and I'm glad, Charles is such a good person! And there were no romantic moments between Mitsuyoshi and Teresa, still. I don't want them to be together because of anime logic. Actually, I don't want them to be together at all, I'm #TeamCharles from now on.
May 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
Nyanko big got lost and everyone gathered around to find him. A lot of focus on Yui this episode. Love can be so cruel at times, and Yui discovered that in this episode. Poor girl :( Teresa embracing Yui was very lovely.

What's up with Charles and his way of talking with cats XD

Post-ED scene shows what the bracelet means to Charles and why he fell in love with Teresa. Poor guy is aware that Teresa doesn't love him back, as he said that "It's hard to make the person you love, love you back".
May 17, 2018 1:45 PM
Nov 2016
Well, it was an okay episode.
I don't really regard Yui as a member of the main cast so I was kinda indifferent to it
May 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2011
I guess Charles can understand cats just like Tada's grandpa. xD
May 17, 2018 1:59 PM

Aug 2016
So this was the episode which developed the characters none of us gave a shit about. Too much edgy shit going on all over the place. I knew that this anime had a touch of fantasy when the showed the cat episode but Charles being able to talk to cats and everyone going along with it just seemed downright stupid. It's sad to see that the anime is forcing almost every character to fall in love and form a couple. Definitely the weakest episode of the series until now. Things need to change.
May 17, 2018 2:13 PM
Jun 2016
man I'm really invested in big Naynko's love story now hehe :> He's definetly the star of the show.
May 17, 2018 2:14 PM
Mar 2016
turn out to be mainstream unappeal Shoujo story type meh

Murder on the Orient Express Reference :|
May 17, 2018 2:53 PM
Oct 2010
So Charles is a kind and sensible man, who can speak with animals (!?), struggling with a one sided love yet trying wholeheartedly to win the heart of the woman he loves.

You would think he is the MC with those characteristics...

Still dunno about this story. Built on tropes and a love chain with a too predictable outcome. (Though I admit Charles' character is refreshing given the role he is doomed to play)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 17, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
Definite lack of Pin-senpai this episode. This was mostly a Yui/Yamashita episode which I guess makes sense since they did the Hajime/Hinako ep. I'm not so sure they have enough time to fully develop or resolve all these ships they setup. I really liked the first 5 eps of this show, so I hope it finishes strong.

Also maybe Charles is a genuine good guy.
May 17, 2018 3:03 PM
Apr 2018
Okay this show has gone completely of the rails in terms of following the same plot, and i'm ok with that tbh, it's fun seeing more of some other characters. I do hope that all of the stories that its telling get resolved though.

next week i hope they go into either alec a bit more or talk about teresa and tada. also i wanna meet nyanko bigs voice actor lol
May 17, 2018 3:20 PM

May 2016
Just more 5 episodes to go and not a single hinted ship have nearly enough chemestry to justify them getting together by the end of the show.

More proof that doing this multiple couple format with just 12 episodes doesn't work.
HyperLMay 17, 2018 3:31 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 17, 2018 3:37 PM

Nov 2014
Dramaic-GSNK version
May 17, 2018 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
I expected a light hearted episode revolving around our favorite cat Nyanko Big, I didn't come here to feel.

Tho,his jump was pretty hilarious,great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2018 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
The Yui romantic drama didn't particularly get me but I liked her participation in this episode nonetheless.

Charles is now able to talk cat as well, this guy is a legend.
May 17, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
Another episode that went from 0 to melodrama in like 5 seconds. ugh
May 17, 2018 7:03 PM

Feb 2016
I don't really get why people hate this anime so hard, is so lighthearted at times and I like its episodic setting, its a slice of life after all (with a slight focus on romance and comedy)

Poor Nyanko Big and Tada's sister ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 17, 2018 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
badger2k said:
So this was the episode which developed the characters none of us gave a shit about. Too much edgy shit going on all over the place. I knew that this anime had a touch of fantasy when the showed the cat episode but Charles being able to talk to cats and everyone going along with it just seemed downright stupid. It's sad to see that the anime is forcing almost every character to fall in love and form a couple. Definitely the weakest episode of the series until now. Things need to change.

Why are you taking comedy so damn serious?

I'm perplexed at how people can miss the point of this episode and call it "Forcing every character to fall in love and form a couple" lol
~Blackwall
May 17, 2018 7:23 PM
May 2018
HereticHunter said:
I don't really get why people hate this anime so hard, is so lighthearted at times and I like its episodic setting, its a slice of life after all (with a slight focus on romance and comedy)

Poor Nyanko Big and Tada's sister ;_;

I agree with you, people are expecting too much from a 12-episode "original" anime
May 17, 2018 7:32 PM

Dec 2014
Nyanko Big is the true protagonist. xD

Yui. :((
May 17, 2018 7:33 PM

Aug 2016
HereticHunter said:
badger2k said:

I'm perplexed at how people can miss the point of this episode and call it "Forcing every character to fall in love and form a couple" lol
First of all, it's not a comedy only anime. It is a drama/romance before comedy(so bad drama/romance shouldn't be excused). Let me tell you why the romantic development of this episode was shit. Neither Yui nor Yamashita had any respectable character development prior to this episode. You're supposed to actually know the characters before you could ever hope to get invested into their romance. And oh my the word cheesy is not enough to describe it. I was legit cringing when Yui started crying towards the end. Miss the point of this episode? This pathetic episode shouldn't even exist. I'm not saying that the anime is bad. It has had its ups and downs but they need to stop jumping narratives and focus on fleshing out the main characters more and actually progressing the plot(pointing at Tada, Teresa and Charles). Ever heard of the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth"? They only have 12 episodes to work with after all.
badgerinoMay 17, 2018 7:49 PM
May 17, 2018 7:38 PM
Mar 2015
So much unrequited love I almost felt like I was in the middle of a Honey and Clover episode
May 17, 2018 7:55 PM

Feb 2016
badger2k said:
HereticHunter said:

First of all, it's not a comedy only anime. It is a drama/romance before comedy(so bad drama/romance shouldn't be excused). Let me tell you why the romantic development of this episode was shit. Neither Yui not Yamashita had any respectable character development prior to this episode. You're supposed to actually know the characters before you could ever hope to get invested into their romance. And oh my the word cheesy is not enough to describe that episode. I was legit cringing when Yui started crying at the end of the episode. Miss the point of this episode? This pathetic episode shouldn't even exist. I'm not saying that the anime is bad. It has had its ups and downs but they need to stop jumping narratives and focus on fleshing out the main characters more and actually progressing the plot(pointing at Tada, Teresa and Charles). Ever heard of the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth"? They only have 12 episodes to work with after all.

That doesn't explain why are you taking its comedy so damn serious.

This is also a slice of life, thing that people should remember, specially when the anime is having an episodic setting featuring different focus each episode (should have been obvious after Nyanko Big's episode) This episode focused on "Love at first sight" and "unrequited love" Of course you wouldn't be invested on their chemistry because is "Love at first sight"
~Blackwall
May 17, 2018 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
What was this about?... Oh! Right! Yui had feelings for Yamashita. I almost forget it... oh but Dog-kun already had feelings for another girl who I didn't know she even existed... her design was really cute tho.

So... uhm... can Nyanko Big become the main protagonist of this show?? His persistence really hit me hard to be honest :'(
May 17, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2018
I have a feeling that this anime is unexpectedly going more "Tsurezure Children".

Uhh... you know, when they show more than one route in one breath. We have Teresa-Tada route (with alternative Teresa-Charles), Pin-senpai - Hina route, even Cat Route, and now we got Yui-Yamashita route.

I don't mind about it, but considering the title actually focused on Tada-kun, at least give more time for the main here. About the episode, yeeeaaahh not bad. Nyanko-big circle must love this.
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
May 17, 2018 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
i am VERY disappointed in this series, it had a lot of promise in the first couple of episodes, it started a fun story with yes a well known format but still it has flair and some new angles. but Charles is a total creep, an unsupported pushy blond creep, that they are trying to make us care about. I have never seen such a shallow and ridiculous sham of a second class character, he has no business hanging around in the middle of what is supposed to be a special time for the princess AWAY from creeps like him giving her enough time to realize she wants a REAL MAN...instead of a blond fop.

well she is smart enough even in this sadly shallow show to know who is the real man and loves him albeit without much proof, other than chance events where he takes her picture and helps her out.... but frankly Charles and the entire stupid talk to cats bit and Charles saving the fat cat falling from a bridge is just beyond belief and dumb as all heck.

I am really sad for whatever ending they choose, and horribly it could go awfully wrong, they spoiled what might have been a fun and pretty little show. it would never have set the world on fire esp since whoever the fool was that decided to make the art lines of the characters a artsy shaded colour instead of honest black..since then i realized this show had a weak and silly director.

i can see the staff meetings now...uh . how can we make this a fun show for everyone...lets aim for a wide audience, all age groups, something for everyone and dont leave out the talking car fans...and dont make the heroine too sexy just mildly cute and dont give Alex any chance to shine and give us glimpses of interesting characters like Pin Sempai and the girl he loves without knowing she is right next to him and then take them away from us...and give us the bond evil prince but hey suprise he is a nice guy and SHOULD have the girl..but will we give her to him...hmmm well i cant decide yet...

this director i hope is shelved for the rest of his career and given the job of colouring backgrounds. that is all he seems to be good for.

they gave us a set for a play but no actual drama or play worth mentioning. I am sad for this was one of the few shows i looked forward to seeing after they murdered several other revivals deader than bricks.

the new generation of Anime directors is not looking very good.

bottom line this show tries to be cute, clever and new and fails in all ...badly.

in the end i fear it wont even matter if there is a happy ending for they havent bothered to develop ANY of the characters otehr than the grandfather and the dead parents (why do so so many series, even good ones have to kill off the parents to give the kids freedom to be adults?)...... the coffee shop idea was fun...and photo clubs have not had such focus since Photokano, but this is sadly a failure on its own merits.

Please Charles go home and leave us alone. Sooner than later and dont let the door hit you on your pony tail.

CrisGer-San

May 17, 2018 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
as the weeks go on i'm now starting to dip on this show it started off with such promise but now all the characters have fallen into very standard tropes without a lot of depth and the main couple hasn't really progressed plus since the added factor of "Charles" was introduced the fun factor has dropped due to the impending drama it will inflict or has already ,already too many characters with the mult-pairings so he really hasn't helped lol.

i'm still liking cracking some smiles here and there but this was one of the few shows i had high expectations of so it's a bummer
weakest episode by far
katsu044May 17, 2018 9:35 PM
May 18, 2018 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
I ship Yui x Yamashita. The best part of the episode is reaffirming Teresa doesn't have feelings for Charles. I need my main ship to sail or I'm gonna be pissed.
May 18, 2018 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, another episode wasted on Nyanko Big, and unlike the first one this wasn't even remotely funny or interesting, just plain irritating mostly. Also, yet another forced romantic connection this week between Yui and Yamashita, rather than bringing them together much more naturally and seamlessly: seriously, it baffles me that the show is so clearly trying to force that when it has shown it can somewhat develop a love connection naturally, as is clearly happening between Tada and Teresa. There's literally been no interaction between Yui and Yamashita before now, and yet suddenly after one adventure, with no indication as to how or why, we're just supposed to accept that she has fallen in love with him, just like that? Seriously?

Also, good to get it once again confirmed that Teresa isn't really keen on Charles, but that was already obvious from the previous episode anyway, and also obvious because that's how things always are with arranged marriages or the like in anime (seriously though, fuck this trope and the drama it's inevitably going to cause, even with Charles actually being quite a decent guy unlike a lot of other characters in his position).

7 episodes in, and it still feels like very little has actually happened, and sure it's a slice-of-life/romantic comedy but there doesn't even feel like there's been much movement on that front either, and if the show keeps diverting like this it will run out of time.
May 18, 2018 1:56 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty boring episode. Not gonna lie. Definitely a stepdown from the last one.
May 18, 2018 2:10 AM

Aug 2008
If it wasn't an original anime I'd say it was a filler episode. And pretty bad at that. It was bland, boring and out of place. What the hell was with understanding cat talk...
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 18, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2010
Had such high hopes for this series based on the PV trailer and the first two episodes. It's really hard to believe that this is an original anime.
Nothing has really happened between the main couple as of now...

Rinji-May 18, 2018 3:53 AM
May 18, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2017
I had expectations. And it had to turn into a love triangle show!
May 18, 2018 5:34 AM

Feb 2017
It kinda a lil bit exaggerating about yui reaction. Also no build up from previous ep to make this ep impactful.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 18, 2018 7:01 AM

Sep 2015
When Charlers find out that Teresa really does not like him back the way he likes her will he stop the wedding or it will be just a minor detail?
May 18, 2018 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
I am relieved, i was nervous about speaking my mind about this show, i really did like the first two episodes a lot and had high hopes. But i guess the director was out of his depth for there appears to be no clear idea of what is going on and when in doubt he sticks in the fat cat. i like cats dont get me wrong. i love cats in anime but this is like Nyam Koi where we have the shoved in our face with the annoyance of the stupid cat allergy alike to the girl allergy in some equally annoying anime for awhile years ago.

so for this series, i fear this episode spells doom, i wont give up totally but i have fears. the worst outcome would be for the arranged marriage to happen and for all of us to be forced to accept a 49 Samurai sacrifice..the ending under water sequence after each episode does not bode well.

thanks everyone for sharing so openly and clearly i feel better about saying my own piece too.

Cris G.

May 18, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
Finally, this show is going to right track again with yui and yamashita relationship!. But Nyanko big without doublt is the star in this episode.

The last part when yui is crying because of triangle love really hit my heart.

And please be remember, every character is the main character in this anime. Thats why they keep focusing on each couple in each episode including this, pretty much same with nozaki-kun. But the eps 6 is really at wrong time to airing, its really make everything wrecked. Why did they not saved that episode later?? Too many hint there which shouldnt showed early.

May 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Feb 2018
That last shot of nyanko big sure was well interesting to say the least xd.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

76 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 9 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.